PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull hit the beach in the Dominican

Mysterious Rock
26th May 2010, 07:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk6AE0cVLJg

from formula 1.com
Toro Rosso's Jaime Alguersuari travelled to the Caribbean over the weekend for a Red Bull Formula One demonstration. Alguersuari wowed 200,000 spectators at the event held in the Dominican Republic's capital, Santo Domingo, on Saturday, before taking to the beach in the RB5 on Sunday.

"It has been amazing to be in the Dominican Republic," the Spaniard told Red Bull's official website. "I am very happy that I shared this moment with the best audience ever. I enjoyed every minute on the track."

Following Saturday’s demonstration event, Alguersuari headed to the beach on Sunday, becoming the first Formula One driver to race on sand at 180 km/h. The 20 year-old was in action on the beautiful Juanillo-Cap Cana beach.

"I am very happy and excited," he concluded. "I want to thank all the Red Bull team for helping me become the first to achieve this challenge."

SGWilko
26th May 2010, 09:22
Red Bull hit the beach - Jaysus, which part failed to cause that crash this time.... :D

fandango
26th May 2010, 10:46
...And talks are going ahead with Bernie to move the British GP to Brighton.... :)

"...becoming the first Formula One driver to race on sand at 180 km/h." Who did he "race"? The tide?

ArrowsFA1
26th May 2010, 11:03
...And talks are going ahead with Bernie to move the British GP to Brighton.... :)
Might have to dodge sunloungers and seagulls!!!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/7/2/1246542663993/Brighton-beach-in-East-Su-006.jpg

ShiftingGears
26th May 2010, 12:18
English beaches look pretty sub-par :p :

UltimateDanGTR
26th May 2010, 13:05

oh yes they are...and we are proud of them! :D

carribean grand prix on the way then! :D

anthonyvop
26th May 2010, 14:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk6AE0cVLJg

from formula 1.com
Toro Rosso's Jaime Alguersuari travelled to the Caribbean over the weekend for a Red Bull Formula One demonstration. Alguersuari wowed 200,000 spectators at the event held in the Dominican Republic's capital, Santo Domingo, on Saturday, before taking to the beach in the RB5 on Sunday.

"

The Name of the Country is The Dominican Republic.....Not the Dominican.

SGWilko
26th May 2010, 14:32

Those sand grains are pretty large......

Good ole Brits - give 'em a beach and a hint of sun and the morons will cram in like sardines.

If some 'Tommy Trucker' caome and sat right next to me on a beach, I'd turn round and ask the oik if he was chuffing lonely or what!

Sometimes I am ashamed to be a Brit......

Big Ben
26th May 2010, 18:10

glad that´s been straighten up. I´ll be a very well informed man for some 2 days.

edv
26th May 2010, 19:10

I've heard the term "The Dominican" used plenty of times when talking about resort destinations.
I suppose you've never used the term "Holland" instead of "The Netherlands" ....

ioan
26th May 2010, 19:29
I've heard the term "The Dominican" used plenty of times when talking about resort destinations.

That doesn't mean that the term is right.
What if all the misspelled words were declared to be correct?! :rolleyes:

anthonyvop
26th May 2010, 19:34
I suppose you've never used the term "Holland" instead of "The Netherlands" ....

So we can call the U.K "the United"?

Ok..Which countries or places are these?

South
Saint
Puerto
EL
And my Favorite...
The People's

I lived in the Dominican Republic. I still own property there.

Don't call it "the Dominican"

SGWilko
26th May 2010, 20:02
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEVELOP-YOUR-SENSE-HUMOUR-HYPNOSIS-CD-/190398758428?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item2c54a67e1c

:p :D

That's one to gather dust on the mantlepiece...... :D

edv
26th May 2010, 23:05
Ah, Mr. Vop...you must live in "The States" LOL

ioan
26th May 2010, 23:15
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEVELOP-YOUR-SENSE-HUMOUR-HYPNOSIS-CD-/190398758428?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item2c54a67e1c

:p :D

I wonder where did they find that picture?! I hope they used it to give us a good laugh for a start! :D

DexDexter
27th May 2010, 09:38

I don't know, to me they look better than they are. No wind and cold water :) .

SGWilko
27th May 2010, 09:42
I don't know, to me they look better than they are. No wind and cold water :) .

And then are those people (few though they are thank God) that take they very young children for a day out, let them play neked on the beach with NO sun cream on. Result is the poor little mite is in hospital with 2nd degree burns.

Makes my skin crawl.

fandango
27th May 2010, 10:22
........Don't call it "the Dominican"

You could say please, you know.

On the subject of country names, it always bothers me that the Republic of Ireland football team are called just "Ireland", on their shirts and on scoreboards. Ireland is an island, a geographical location, not a country.

MrJan
27th May 2010, 10:23
Does that mean that I actually need to call Macedonia the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia so that I don't offend Mr Vop in case he has property there?

SGWilko
27th May 2010, 11:00
Does that mean that I actually need to call Macedonia the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia so that I don't offend Mr Vop in case he has property there?

When is the Gaul GP going to be re-instated. ;)

Retro Formula 1
27th May 2010, 13:49
You could say please, you know.

On the subject of country names, it always bothers me that the Republic of Ireland football team are called just "Ireland", on their shirts and on scoreboards. Ireland is an island, a geographical location, not a country.

That's because the Republic of Ireland is a Sovereign State democratic Republic called Ireland and not the Republic of Ireland.

Ireland is an Island.
The Island of Ireland is split into two states being Ireland and Northern Ireland which is part of the UK.

UltimateDanGTR
27th May 2010, 14:09

well it could be worse, like when people mean 'holland' in terms of the whole country. holland is a part of the netherlands. even EA sports in their latest world cup game got that wrong, deary me :eek:

tinchote
29th May 2010, 01:20
Don't call it "the Dominican"

Of course I assume that when you refer to the Argentine Republic you don't say "Argentina", that when you refer to the Federative Republic of Brazil you don't say "Brazil", that when you refer to the Plurinational State of Bolivia you don't say "Bolivia", that when you refer to the Eastern Republic of the Uruguay you don't say "Uruguay", that when you refer to the People's Republic of China you don't say "China". And I'm pretty sure you never say "United States" or "America", but you always say United States of America.

anthonyvop
29th May 2010, 03:54
Of course I assume that when you refer to the Argentine Republic you don't say "Argentina", that when you refer to the Federative Republic of Brazil you don't say "Brazil", that when you refer to the Plurinational State of Bolivia you don't say "Bolivia", that when you refer to the Eastern Republic of the Uruguay you don't say "Uruguay", that when you refer to the People's Republic of China you don't say "China". And I'm pretty sure you never say "United States" or "America", but you always say United States of America.

Jeez.

Some people cannot take even a slightest critique.

fandango
29th May 2010, 15:19
Tony's gettin' moody on us now...

fandango
29th May 2010, 15:22
That's because the Republic of Ireland is a Sovereign State democratic Republic called Ireland and not the Republic of Ireland.

Ireland is an Island.
The Island of Ireland is split into two states being Ireland and Northern Ireland which is part of the UK.

Eh, really? I was wondering what my grandad was going on about all that time. Now let me have a look at what it says on the front of my passport again....

SGWilko
29th May 2010, 21:48
Point proved.. Back to F1 I reckon.. :)

Thats Formula One (trade Mark)(copyright) etc if you please!!!!