PDA

View Full Version : Patrick calls UK Sexist!!

Tazio
25th May 2010, 14:21
You can not take this lying down boys!
Well I guess you could, in a manner of speaking.
I wonder if "Jense" or "The Boss" did?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25052010/23/danica-easier-female-racing-driver-uk.html

Cover girl, swimsuit model, a woman in what is very much a man’s world – oh, and IndyCar Series race-winner too – Danica Patrick has revealed in an engaging interview that she has no intention of moving across the Pond to join the F1 circus , reasoning that ‘something that’s very important to me is having fun’.

For all that she is now a leading name on the US scene, Patrick actually learned the majority of her craft in the UK alongside a group of fellow drivers she refers to as the F1 ‘brat pack’, after relocating from Illinois to Milton Keynes at the age of only 16 as a hugely promising karting ace.

Three years on British shores saw the fast lady from Wisconsin progress through Formula Vauxhall and Formula Ford – with a second place in the 2000 Formula Ford Festival at Brands Hatch – and whilst she and reigning F1 World Champion Jenson Button never actually raced wheel-to-wheel, Patrick knew the McLaren-Mercedes star and his team-mate and title-winning predecessor Lewis Hamilton on a social basis.

One factor that she appreciated rather less in Britain, however, was what she perceived as the ingrained sexism in motor racing, worse than in her homeland even with the likes of former NASCAR hero Kyle Petty cruelly describing her on air as ‘just a marketing machine’ more interested in looking good than racing well

Translation:
"I'd take a serious Beat-Down in F1"!!
Over to you Billy Bob, It's your hero that's has made these accusations!

I am evil Homer
25th May 2010, 14:27
She is a marketing machine - exactly how many races has she won in her entire professional career? Of course sale-ability is critical to sponsors and she isn't a 'bad' driver per se just not worthy of the column inches.

Even if she had an RBR she'd struggle to make the Top 12

V12
25th May 2010, 14:35
Concentrate on driving the car faster love, judging by your "performances" of late you need to!

Oh and she is just a marketing machine, why else would she get all the attention that she does, when she's a long way from being the best driver in IndyCar. Hell, she's not even the best woman in that series anymore.

Mark
25th May 2010, 14:38
Lets face it, we had a multiple Indy-type-car champion in the shape of Sebastien Bourdais and he struggled in Formula 1.

Just being a race winner in IndyCar isn't good enough for F1.. it's not even good enough for IndyCar!

Dave B
25th May 2010, 14:50
The UK has many female racers, and the ones who knuckle down and get on with the job are treated with respect. I'm thinking of the likes of Susie Stoddart, Katherine Legge, and numerous others.

The ones who prefer the "tits and teeth" route to fame are - rightly - given short shrift.

I wonder which group Ms. Patrick best fits into.

Big Ben
25th May 2010, 15:00
damn you sexit pigs!

nice butt crack

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/tech/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/danica-patrick-4.jpg

MrJan
25th May 2010, 15:20
Yeah but she's a woman, unless it's about cooking or cleaning her opinion is void ;) If she could drive like a man and didn't just look like one perhaps she'd have been given more time :D

Seriously though I would have issue with us being more sexist than anyone else (although it's obviously a problem within the sport). Rallying is far more popular on this side of the pond and many fans have a huge amount of time for Michele Mouton (one of the few genuinely fast females). More recently someone like Sarah Moore has let her driving do the talking (rather than bitching in the press) and thoroughly deserved high acclaim.

SGWilko
25th May 2010, 15:26
damn you sexit pigs!

nice butt crack

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/tech/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/danica-patrick-4.jpg

Errrrrrrrr, is that a Ferrari barcode I spot just above the VPL......???? ;)

Retro Formula 1
25th May 2010, 15:31
We're not sexist but I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting!!

What was it Bernie said about kitchen appliances being in white :)

gloomyDAY
25th May 2010, 16:08
Well, good thing I'm a misogynist. I really don't care what Danica thinks because she should be in the kitchen! :p :

damn you sexit pigs!

nice butt crack

http://www.ancewithshadows.com/tech/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/danica-patrick-4.jpg :laugh: No T, no A, no care!

She can afford a Lambo, but not a pair of breast implants?

MrJan
25th May 2010, 16:15
Gloomy you strike me as the type of bloke to talk about women and shagging all the time yet are sadly lacking in the gentlemen's region and haven't even managed to cop a feel in the last 6 months :p : :laugh:

Sonic
25th May 2010, 16:39
Ahhh bless her - because she got her ass handed to her when she was driving the best car on the Ford grid (Haywod) we are sexist? Don't make me laugh! The press were all over her back then too making her flukey festival podium sound amazing when in truth she was nowhere all weekend, needing a helping hand from the carnage in front to end up a podium sitter.

Roamy
25th May 2010, 17:04
I'd do her right under the big clock at 12 midnight Dec 31 and let you guys watch!

Tazio
25th May 2010, 17:13
I'd do her right under the big clock at 12 midnight Dec 31 and let you guys watch! Forum Gold!
Fausto, or whatever you call yourself, I admire a man that speaks his mind.
Especially one as sick as mine!
I would but I already had an extended vacation!
:rotflmao: