PDA

View Full Version : Riding on a high...

tannat
24th May 2010, 15:51
Just had an 11mph over the limit ticket dismissed-didn't have to say a word :D

5mph dismissal no big deal, 10mph a maybe (typically the cut off in the local system).

Really shocked and thrilled.

Next round is on me :beer:

Cheers!

Tannat

Daniel
24th May 2010, 15:53
Bah! I once got caught doing a little under 20mph over in Australia and the Police let me off :p

markabilly
24th May 2010, 15:59
you guys should be embarrassed you got caught in the first place. That is what the accelerator is for... :D

tannat
24th May 2010, 16:11
Bah! I once got caught doing a little under 20mph over in Australia and the Police let me off :p

Putting house on market and moving down under immediately....

That would never happen where I live, Daniel. I am quite envious.....

edv
24th May 2010, 16:41
you guys should be embarrassed you got caught in the first place. That is what the accelerator is for... :D

This is the strategy that I typically employ. But I'm only batting 500. Great test of one's adrenaline system, though!

Tazio
24th May 2010, 16:42
In San Diego if you get pulled over you may be able to convince the cop to not write the ticket.
If you think the fine is excsssive you apear. You will talk to an assistant District Attorney and they will generaly let you plea out for less than the full fine.
Fight it, and lose, you will pay the max.
I have won one trial, about 1976
I think that cop got so pissed off he's still loking for me. :p

GridGirl
24th May 2010, 18:08
What kind of road were you doing 11mph over the speed limit on? On a motorway I wouldn't care but in a built up residential area I would say it's quite irresponsible and just not cool.

tannat
24th May 2010, 18:23
What kind of road were you doing 11mph over the speed limit on? On a motorway I wouldn't care but in a built up residential area I would say it's quite irresponsible and just not cool.

Took place on a strecth of road something like a freeway, but with spotted with traffic lights from time to time. Not residential

I was actually cruising at 46mph in a 40mph when it dropped to 35 mph. Thye sign was difficult to see as I was on a four lane road, and it was placed immediately after an intersection.

Really couldn't understand the drop in the limit as it is a wide open undeveloped area...

Daniel
24th May 2010, 19:22
Putting house on market and moving down under immediately....

That would never happen where I live, Daniel. I am quite envious.....

I think the sticker on my window that said "MEDIA" helped a bit. I was in a hurry to get back to the service park and as soon as their lights went on I pulled over straight away and waited a couple of minutes for them to turn around and catch up rather than keeping on going. It all ended with "if we catch you speeding once more this weekend you'll be taking pictures of trees, not rally cars :vader: