PDA

View Full Version : Jayski:Harvick Re-Signs Multi Year Deal with RCR

slorydn1
22nd May 2010, 16:45
UPDATE 2: #29-Kevin Harvick will continue his partnership with Richard Childress Racing. Harvick signed a multi-year contract but sponsorship has yet to be finalized. RCR is talking to several potential sponsors but Budweiser appears to be the leading candidate. Another scenario presented for Harvick is the possibility of moving Budweiser to the #33 Chevy with Clint Bowyer and bringing General Mills to the #29.(FoxSports)(5-22-2010)

willracefan
22nd May 2010, 19:56
please no, not cheerios! what a trap this is if this crap happens.

slorydn1
22nd May 2010, 20:02
please no, not cheerios! what a trap this is if this crap happens.

HUH??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

willracefan
22nd May 2010, 20:18
you said it yourself, a scenario presented for harvick is to drive the cheerios car and bowyer the budweiser....harvick doesnt need a run down sponsor and paint job like cheerios, and bowyer is not the better driver and shouldnt be driving for a flashy sponsor like budweiser. its like richard wants to give clint the better sponsor now. clint's car would stand out more than kevin's if that happens and that would be a problem.

slorydn1
22nd May 2010, 20:44
you said it yourself, a scenario presented for harvick is to drive the cheerios car and bowyer the budweiser....harvick doesnt need a run down sponsor and paint job like cheerios, and bowyer is not the better driver and shouldnt be driving for a flashy sponsor like budweiser. its like richard wants to give clint the better sponsor now. clint's car would stand out more than kevin's if that happens and that would be a problem.

I'm think I understand where you are coming from, I'm not so sure that it makes that big a difference.....It may just be that Belgianwiser may be looking for a younger person to sponsor than Harvick, and if thats true and it allows sponsorship to move to Harvicks car then I wuldn't care if it's Huggies Diapers, as long as they pony up the $$$ to make Harvs car go fast.......

It wuld kinda suck wearing the Huggies coat and hat to the race track, I gotta admit :p :

slorydn1
22nd May 2010, 21:47
UPDATE3: Richard Childress Racing, which is expected to announce Saturday that it has signed Kevin Harvick to a contract extension, is making big pushes to land either Budweiser or UPS for next year, according to multiple sources in the Sprint Cup garage.(Ford Racing)(5-22-2010)
UPDATE 4: Richard Childress Racing and Kevin Harvick have signed a multi-year contract extension for the 2007 Daytona 500 winner to continue his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driving career with the 12-time NASCAR championship-winning organization. The announcement was made today in the infield media center at Charlotte Motor Speedway. "I'm happy to be able to continue my relationship with Richard and RCR because, over the last 10 years, we've been through a lot together," said Harvick. "Being able to put this piece of the puzzle in place couldn't have come at a better time for me and this team because we can focus solely on winning this championship."
"Kevin has been a big part of RCR for more than a decade now so it's good to know our relationship will continue for years to come," said Richard Childress, president and CEO of Richard Childress Racing. "The #29 Shell-Pennzoil team is leading the points and really working very well together this season. This new contract should only help build on their momentum."(RCR)(5-22-2010)

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news

Sparky1329
22nd May 2010, 22:54
I'm happy for Kev and for Mr C. I'm glad they worked things out.

willracefan
23rd May 2010, 00:33
so far i have only seen lee spencer post that scenario.....is she stirring the pot or something?

slorydn1
23rd May 2010, 00:46
so far i have only seen lee spencer post that scenario.....is she stirring the pot or something?

probably.....consider the source she is famous for that

willracefan
24th May 2010, 04:14
kevin is tweeting about a bowl of fruit loops, but is he talking about kellogs brand or the fruity cheerios from general mills? logic would say he wouldnt eat fruity cheerios over fruit loops, but then again who knows....

harvick#1
24th May 2010, 04:25
no more Red and Yellow, I'm really hoping that if the Bud Sponsorship goes through. please be to Harvick instead of the moron Bowyer, but I'd really not want to get General Mills as a sponsor as then its not even worth buying a hat or shirts as it is just childish then, I'd like to have a Budweiser hat with the 29 on the side if it though :D

Jonesi
24th May 2010, 09:01
no more Red and Yellow,

But it made him look just like Ronald McDonald! :D

Mark in Oshawa
25th May 2010, 21:48
I like the Pennzoil Shell colors for Harvick actually. That said, if they ever wanted to have a tough guy who drinks beer promoting them, then Harv would be a DAMN nice fit. Cheerios? lol....naaaah...