PDA

View Full Version : TRD3 DTM Championship - Test Session @ Hockenheim GP

racer69
4th March 2007, 08:28
This is the official test session for the 2007 TRD3 DTM Championship.

The format is pretty simple, run as many (or as few) laps as you like in Time Trial mode, and submit your fastest lap time.

With the entry thread only just started the other day, there are still more entries to come, and this test session can be used not only as abit of practice to blow away the cobwebs, but also to evaluate the different cars and choose what you want to race. There is also an added bonus though.....

...Throughout the season i will require that your qualifying times be sent in as well as your overall race time and your fastest race lap. The qualifying times will be used not only to form a virtual grid for our races, but will also be used for a 'side series' i'm calling the DTM Qualifying King series. The top three qualifiers will be awarded points in a 3 (for first),2,1 allocation, and at the end of the year someone will be able to claim the 'DTM Qualifying King' award, for being the fastest driving overall in qualifying. The top 3 times from the test session will be rewarded with points counting towards this 'side series' :)

Details
Circuit - Hockenheim GP
Mode - Time Trial
Due Date - Submit times by 11:59pm March 11
No cheats, like turbo boost etc....are allowed to be used

Happy testing :)

Adam Sloma
4th March 2007, 09:20
I submit my time, 1:11.90 (51 on the list). This is my old time, from before a few months in audi. In the afternoon I will try to beat him in Mercedes.

tannat
4th March 2007, 14:35
This is the official test session for the 2007 TRD3 DTM Championship.

The format is pretty simple, run as many (or as few) laps as you like in Time Trial mode, and submit your fastest lap time.

With the entry thread only just started the other day, there are still more entries to come, and this test session can be used not only as abit of practice to blow away the cobwebs, but also to evaluate the different cars and choose what you want to race. There is also an added bonus though.....

...Throughout the season i will require that your qualifying times be sent in as well as your overall race time and your fastest race lap. The qualifying times will be used not only to form a virtual grid for our races, but will also be used for a 'side series' i'm calling the DTM Qualifying King series. The top three qualifiers will be awarded points in a 3 (for first),2,1 allocation, and at the end of the year someone will be able to claim the 'DTM Qualifying King' award, for being the fastest driving overall in qualifying. The top 3 times from the test session will be rewarded with points counting towards this 'side series' :)

Details
Circuit - Hockenheim GP
Mode - Time Trial
Due Date - Submit times by 11:59pm March 11

Happy testing :)

So setup is free?

Looking forward to hitting the circuit this evening in the Opel... :up:

racer69
4th March 2007, 19:25
The most obvious point i left out :) , yes setup is free.

Details
Circuit - Hockenheim GP
Mode - Time Trial
Due Date - Submit times by PM to me before 11:59pm March 11
Setup is free

Adam Sloma
4th March 2007, 20:29
Ups... I thought that I had to submit my times in hall of fame.

I beat my previous time after several laps in mercedes, but I dont like this car :mad: , maybe after testing other cars I change my mind.

tannat
6th March 2007, 17:46
If anyone is interested in chatting setups, sector times and telemetry, send me a PM :D

tannat
6th March 2007, 18:08
Nice track map for reference:

http://www.formula1.com/race/circuitmap/762.html

johnny shell
6th March 2007, 21:47
started testing at hock today.

with the FPA series' troubles, my sponsors decided to have my put more effort into the DTM.... plus they hoped it may help my V8 effort.

so, like so many other American open-wheel racers, I'm being forced into stock cars due to that being where the opportunities are :o hplease:

the good news is I'm up to 155th on the codies site!

running low 1:15's consistantly, and with a lot of luck hitting the 14s on random occasion.

yeah, I know that's nothing to write home about (its about 3 seconds behind Sloma).

especially since you gotta finish frekin' EIGHT to get a point in this series.

but at least maybe I can win "smartest on the short bus" award by beating the other americans this time!

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2007, 22:58
I've beat Sloma's Hall of Fame time with a mid 1:11 :D

Although that was in practice mode so I don't have HoF check sum.

I still want to get into the 1:10's

tannat
7th March 2007, 00:50
Although that was in practice mode so I don't have HoF check sum.

Naughty, naughty. Time trial mode, young man!

SanjayKumar
7th March 2007, 10:33
but at least maybe I can win "smartest on the short bus" award by beating the other [A]mericans this time!

We'll see about that...I start testing in a day or two...gotta get life outta the way first. I'm aiming for a top 10 finish the first round as its to find my proper setup and measure my braking's effect on tire wear, which by the way, is far more complicated than I thought originally.

tannat
7th March 2007, 18:39
Corner Cutting settings for this track are F&^%*(&@ RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

I'm okay now :D

chrisfinch
7th March 2007, 19:24
I shall be doing my times tonight-that corner cutting thing worries me a bit tannat

johnny shell
7th March 2007, 20:42
hey, did you guys know that we're touring the Hock at the same times the F1 cars tour it?

pretty cool, eh?

but I bet the F1 cars don't slip & slide through that dang turn 8 the way I do!

johnny shell
7th March 2007, 20:45
hey tannat -

still need help with your lines?

just copy this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leHxunwoQYo

just don't hop the curbs as much as him or you'll get the black flag!

Brown, Jon Brow
7th March 2007, 20:49
You would get corner cutting if you went that wide on the last corner on the game :rolleyes:

johnny shell
7th March 2007, 20:51
and be glad we aren't racing on this version of the track!

of course, virtual injuries don't hurt as much as real ones do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00Qp3dEQU0

Peter Vuko
7th March 2007, 22:07
Vuko Snr took out his new Merc yesterday for the 1st time at Hockenheim. He was very impressed with the new car, posting a very quick 1m.11.79. He believes low 11's are achievable but 10's are unlikely.

tannat
7th March 2007, 22:19
Vuko Snr took out his new Merc yesterday for the 1st time at Hockenheim. He was very impressed with the new car, posting a very quick 1m.11.79. He believes low 11's are achievable but 10's are unlikely.

I know someone who disagrees!! :D

Vuko jnr
7th March 2007, 22:23
S.Vuko
Team: playboy..opel vectra
# 04

thanks ,should be a good season.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th March 2007, 22:55

Jon Brown went testing again and achieved a 1:11:30 that is good enough to put on the 2nd page of the HoF. :D

Brown believes that even more pace is possible as the 1st sector time on his fastest lap was nearly 0.4 seconds slower than his personal best.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/halloffame/display-hall.php?gameid=44&order=65&pageno=02

I am evil Homer
8th March 2007, 13:04
I've used the same set-up I had with the Vectra last season and was pleasently surprised by the Audi - it's better than the Opel at first glance and close to the Merc.

I managed a 1:11.58 - there might be more to come, but I agree with PV, I think a 1:10 in the Audi isn't possible. This particualr track seems to suit the Merc a little more - better stability through turn 1, although I may have set the dampers too soft.

Haven't played around with the brake balance as the last time I did it completely shot the rears and would make race tactics more difficult.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th March 2007, 13:17
Haven't played around with the brake balance as the last time I did it completely shot the rears and would make race tactics more difficult.

I have. But i like a car that is loose around the rear. :D

I think it's intersting that the pace has increased so much since October last year.

I am evil Homer
8th March 2007, 17:23
I've never been a massive fan of this track, but compared to 06 i've found a good groove through turns 3/4/5 and the hairpin where it was clear I was losing up to a second a lap.

RaikkonenRules
8th March 2007, 21:52
1:14.07 with default setup so far. Can proudly say that I'm a full second quicker than JS. :D

johnny shell
8th March 2007, 22:08
not anymore pal!

I'm down to a 1:13.37... 112th on the codies site if you want to read it and weep! :burnout:

Brown, Jon Brow
8th March 2007, 22:13
If I added up my personal best from each sector I would be comfortably in the 1:10s :D

RaikkonenRules
8th March 2007, 22:55
not anymore pal!

I'm down to a 1:13.37... 112th on the codies site if you want to read it and weep! :burnout:

1:13.61 now. Reckon I could find at least another second if it wasn't for these bloody corner cutting rules, can't even have an inch of my car even on the curbs on most the corners.

RaikkonenRules
8th March 2007, 23:00
I'm a big fan of understeer and I like to use the handbrake as well which makes it even harder to stay of the forbidden curbs.

I think corner cutting rules should be turned off for the races, at least this one anyway. Can't see any corners where you would benefit from cutting.

chrisfinch
9th March 2007, 10:55
How about the first one?

I don't get how you can get penalised for going wide at a corner and dragging it back, but you can sometimes blatantly cut the corners (only as an experiment you understand) such as that chicane before the last turn without getting done.

Adam Sloma
9th March 2007, 21:44
I HATE THIS STUPID, UNSTABLE AND UNFORESEEABLE CAR! Maybe only the PC version is such weird? 1:11.53 so far, but when I changed steering mode to pad, my best time was 1:12.32 :confused: .

Brown, Jon Brow
9th March 2007, 21:50
I HATE THIS STUPID, UNSTABLE AND UNFORESEEABLE CAR! Maybe only the PC version is such weird? 1:11.53 so far, but when I changed steering mode to pad, my best time was 1:12.32 :confused: .

I love this car and have just improved my time even more :D
http://www.codemasters.co.uk/halloffame/display-hall.php?gameid=44&order=65&pageno=02

anyone else in the 1:10's yet? :cheese:

Brown, Jon Brow
9th March 2007, 21:51

I love this car and have just improved my time even more :D

anyone else in the 1:10's yet? :cheese:

PiotrB
9th March 2007, 22:49
I don't do any practice so far but old record on Hockenheimring is 1:10.96. I'm planning to beat that time easily in my new setup.

RaikkonenRules
9th March 2007, 22:50
Sorry meant oversteer not understeer in my last post. Will run some laps in qualifying mode without corner cutting rules and see if my times come down witch they should.

RaikkonenRules
9th March 2007, 23:06
I'm shocked at how much some of you have improved at this track since last year. It seems I'm no longer the best at Hockenheim :(

PiotrB
9th March 2007, 23:08
What was last year record on Hockenheimring?

Brown, Jon Brow
9th March 2007, 23:09
I don't think anyone got into the 1:11's but there were some 1:12's

tannat
9th March 2007, 23:20
I don't think anyone got into the 1:11's but there were some 1:12's

Keep in mind that most people are faster in TT mode than Full Race mode..

Brown, Jon Brow
9th March 2007, 23:30
Keep in mind that most people are faster in TT mode than Full Race mode..

I'm over 2 seconds faster in time trial than the races last year, but my previous best in time trial was 1:12:50 so I think that I have improved quite a bit. In the race I want to lap in the 1:11's

maxu05
10th March 2007, 05:30
Does anyone have any car set up advice I could use to get at least a competetive time ? My best so far is 1:15:12. I must be doing something wrong with the set up. I have completed about 40 laps in the time trial mode, have fiddled with the set up, tried different lines through the corners, tried slow in fast out, fast in slow out, tried being smooth, all the things you would try on a new (to me that is) circuit, but just can't get the times down. Advice anyone ? PM me if you have some advice PLEASE.

Adam Sloma
10th March 2007, 11:16
1:11.34 in Vectra, so I change the car to Opel.

johnny shell
10th March 2007, 16:18
max - you can start by softening the tires up, lowering their profile, and lowering the car to the ground.. or nearly to the ground

harvick#1
10th March 2007, 17:04
so JB and Adam, are you guys running a F1 car for this track or something :p :

this ain't even fun anymore :s knowing your running balls out and are 4 seconds a lap slower. is there something I'm missing is my PS2 broke, my game, my controller. Is a steering wheel that much better.

scratch that only 3 seconds slower now :p : thanks to TT mode

but Tannant, Sanjay, Johnny, you know I will still beat you all :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
10th March 2007, 17:07
so JB and Adam, are you guys running a F1 car for this track or something :p :

this ain't even fun anymore :s knowing your running balls out and are 4 seconds a lap slower. is there something I'm missing is my PS2 broke, my game, my controller. Is a steering wheel that much better.

I don't use a steering wheel.

I must just have bigger balls than you! :p

PiotrB
10th March 2007, 17:07
Today I did a few laps on Hockenheim and I improved my record.
1:10.77
http://www.codemasters.co.uk/halloffame/display-hall.php?gameid=44&order=65&pageno=2

harvick#1
10th March 2007, 17:11
I must just have bigger balls than you! :p

:dozey:

someone post a lap run on youtube :p : I want to see a minute 10 lap around Hockingheim

Brown, Jon Brow
10th March 2007, 17:21
Today I did a few laps on Hockenheim and I improved my record.
1:10.77
http://www.codemasters.co.uk/halloffame/display-hall.php?gameid=44&order=65&pageno=2

:bigcry:
No-way I can get another 0.13 seconds out of the car without becoming mental. :mad:

johnny shell
10th March 2007, 17:54
I second harv's request.

someone youtube a 1:10 lap!!!

PLEASE!!!!!

jso1985
10th March 2007, 19:53
TRD3 and me isn't definitely the best combination :s , practised like 40 laps, tried many set-ups yet my best time was 1:15,41! well someone has to be last anyway...

Brown, Jon Brow
10th March 2007, 21:13
I second harv's request.

someone youtube a 1:10 lap!!!

PLEASE!!!!!

I think that 1:10's may only come once every blue moon.

I'll do it if you buy me DVD recorder and a software update for my PC ;)

Peter Vuko
10th March 2007, 22:05
I've just posted a 1m.11.40 in the Merc. Very happy with the car - it should be a good race trim car. I can see how 1m.10's are definitely possible but every turn would have to be perfect. I took my old Opel out for about 5 laps & recorded a decent 1m.11.59. The cars are definitely different - both have certain advantages over the other in different areas - but I;ll stick to the Merc - it will make the series more interesting for me with a new car to sort out.

RaikkonenRules
10th March 2007, 23:22
Ran a 1:12.41 in quali mode without corner cutting. Unfortuanately I can't submit these to codemasters as it's not in time trial. :(

racer69
11th March 2007, 04:56
Just a reminder times due via PM to me by midnight Sunday night :)

tannat
11th March 2007, 04:59
TRD3 and me isn't definitely the best combination :s , practised like 40 laps, tried many set-ups yet my best time was 1:15,41! well someone has to be last anyway...

Despite the high speeds this is a REALLY technical track, with blind apexes on no less than 3 corners. It is not an easy circuit, and quite finicky, actually (just like the last German girl I dated.. :D )

One of you fats guys back me up here. Sloma? PV? JB?

Tannat

maxu05
11th March 2007, 14:08
Hi there all,
I put in around 120 laps today in search of a respectable time. Thanks to some set up advice from Peter, and some cicuit tips from Brown Jon Brow, I went from mid 1:15's down to mid to low 1:12 's , so thanks to you both for that. I think I will use the settings you gave me and use them as a base setting for the year, and fiddle around from there. Cheers

harvick#1
11th March 2007, 17:25
well I'm tapped out. I got down to 1:13.24 seconds. I maybe can go a tick faster but I just have no clue how to pick up 2 more seconds.

any pointers, anyone. I need Help

my setup is pretty good, but somehow I'm still very slow, I'm taking the turns as hard as possible while staying on course (espcially here because if one tire goes off the rumble strips, its corner cutting)

maxu05
12th March 2007, 04:15
I am really happy, after I managed to get down to the mid 1:12's, I put in another 40 laps last night, and I was cruising in the mid 1:13's most of the time, with a few 1:14's and the occasional 1:15's when I wasn't concentrating 100%. I think I will at least be competitive at this track when this round comes about.

Brown, Jon Brow
12th March 2007, 10:38
When do we get the results for this session R69?

Brown, Jon Brow
12th March 2007, 10:41
Despite the high speeds this is a REALLY technical track, with blind apexes on no less than 3 corners. It is not an easy circuit, and quite finicky, actually (just like the last German girl I dated.. :D )

One of you fats guys back me up here. Sloma? PV? JB?

Tannat

The most important thing for this track is to get good exit speed out of the corners because thay are all followed by long straights.

However, to be able to get into the 1m.10's and 11's you need to be able to have a fast entrance speed and fast exit speeds in the corners. Not the easiest thing to do. ;)

maxu05
12th March 2007, 13:09
I can't see myself getting into the 1:11's and forget about 1:10's. I am happy to achieved a low 1:12' that's about the best I'm gonna do I think.

racer69
12th March 2007, 15:28
Hockenheim GP Test Session

Official Times

1. Jon Brown (GB) - Mercedes Benz C-Klasse -> 1m 10.90s
2. Adam Sloma (Pol) - Opel Vectra GTS - 1m 11.34s
3. Peter Vuko (Aus) - Mercedes Benz C-Klasse -> 1m 11.36s
4. maxu05 (Chi) - Opel Vectra GTS -> 1m 12.18s
5. racer69 (Aus) - Mercedes Benz C-Klasse -> 1m 12.62s
6. Johnny Shell (USA) - Mercedes Benz C-Klasse -> 1m 13.37s
7. Tannat (USA) - Opel Vectra GTS -> 1m 13.38s
8. Mikko Jalonen (FIN) - Mercedes Benz C-Klasse -> 1m 13.42s
9. RaikkonenRules (UK) - Mercedes Benz C-Klasse -> 1m 13.45s
10. Craig Nayler (Eng) - Audi A4 -> 1m 14.98s
**. Craig Nayler (Eng) - Opel Vectra GTS -> 1m 15.26s
11. jso1985 (Bol) - Audi A4 -> 1m 15.41s
12. Chris Finch (Eng) - Audi A4 -> 1m 16.54s

These times were posted in the thread but were not PMed to me;

Piotr Borkowski (Pol) - Mercedes Benz C-Klasse -> 1m 10.77s
Homer (Eng) - Audi A4 -> 1m 11.58s
Harvick#1 - Audi A4 -> 1m 13.24s

ROUND 1 STARTS ON MARCH 26. DETAILS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE THEN FOR THAT RACE :)

New entries always welcome :)

harvick#1
12th March 2007, 15:33
Hockenheim GP Test Session
Harvick#1 (USA) - Audi A4 -> 1m 13.24s
Johnny Shell (USA) - Mercedes Benz C-Klasse -> 1m 13.37s
Tannat (USA) - Opel Vectra GTS -> 1m 13.38s

:p : this is gonna get close :beer: funny how all three of us are in different cars as well

johnny shell
12th March 2007, 16:05
dang. look at all the people in the 1:13's.... the americans, mikko, RR

gonna be a competitive year!

I'm just glad there's tight racing all through the pack so that it's still fun even if we're not running with the lead pack.

I like the sound of the audi better, but already had a little seat time in the MB so I just stuck with that. never driven the opel before.

when I think of opel I remember those little opels that used to run around in the 70's here in the states. they were cool but kinda funny :)

tannat
12th March 2007, 18:00
It goes without saying these times are somewhat meaningless....

Put another way: the bull**** stops when the green flag drops :D

maxu05
13th March 2007, 06:07
Wow, I can't believe I'm 4th. All those laps paid off. I don't think I could manage that many laps at other circuits though, not enough time to spare. I thought the best I would do is midfield at best. I don't know how people did 1:11's and a 1:10, that's bloody fast, (you need to get out more) :laugh:

PiotrB
13th March 2007, 12:33
Sorry, I forgot to send my time to you by PM.

I happy to be first in Pre-Season Session.

racer69
14th March 2007, 06:01
DTM Qualifying Kings

Progressive Points after Hockenheim Test

1. Jon Brown (GB) -> 3 pts
2. Adam Sloma (Pol) -> 2
3. Peter Vuko (Aus) -> 1

harvick#1
14th March 2007, 15:56
why would you give points for a test session, thats a new one

racer69
14th March 2007, 16:24
It is mentioned in the DTM Entry Thread that points will be awarded for the Qualifying Series on the Test Day. It was an incentive to get people to participate in the test session.

johnny shell
14th March 2007, 17:05
the points don't count towards the regular championship... but towards the Qualifying King crown

harvick#1
14th March 2007, 17:37
ok :)