PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs California

Roamy
21st May 2010, 18:44
Subject: California vs. Texas

Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks dog.
California :

#1. Governor starts to intervene, reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.

#2. He calls animal control. Animal control captures coyote and spends $200 testing it for diseases and $500 upon relocating it.

#3. He calls veterinarian. Vet collects dead dog and spends $200 testing it for diseases.

#4. Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting bite wound bandaged.

#5. Running trail gets shut down for 6 months while wildlife services conduct a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is clear of dangerous animals.

#6. Governor spends $50,000 of state funds implementing a "coyote awareness" program for residents of the area.

#7. State legislature spends $2 million investigating how to better handle rabies and how to possibly eradicate the disease.

#8. Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack and for letting the Governor intervene.

#9. Cost: $75,000 to train new security agent.

#10. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files suit against the state.

Texas :

#1. Governor shoots coyote and keeps jogging. Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge. Buzzards eat dead coyote.

Ever wonder why California is broke????

fandango
21st May 2010, 18:56
I'd love to think of something all clever and European to say to all that, but we don't have coyotes, governors, or that many guns. The thing is, I don't have anything against the Texas, good ol' boy reaction, but why is it that Americans post this stuff?

And it's always the "just put a cap in his ass" type people that want to make this point. I mean, they're the ones with the guns, and seem to be all nervous about it, that's not a good combination.

Guns are like aeroplanes, the people in control of them should most definitely NOT be out to make a point.

I know the post is just meant to be funny, and I did laugh, but jaysus, as they say in Ireland....

Helicon_One
21st May 2010, 20:00
Um.

You know who the governor of california is, right?

Roamy
21st May 2010, 20:02
one hell of a good actor

gloomyDAY
21st May 2010, 20:08
Texas is broke too.

slorydn1
21st May 2010, 20:16
Subject: California vs. Texas

Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks dog.
California :

#1. Governor starts to intervene, reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.

#2. He calls animal control. Animal control captures coyote and spends $200 testing it for diseases and $500 upon relocating it.

#3. He calls veterinarian. Vet collects dead dog and spends $200 testing it for diseases.

#4. Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting bite wound bandaged.

#5. Running trail gets shut down for 6 months while wildlife services conduct a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is clear of dangerous animals.

#6. Governor spends $50,000 of state funds implementing a "coyote awareness" program for residents of the area.

#7. State legislature spends $2 million investigating how to better handle rabies and how to possibly eradicate the disease.

#8. Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack and for letting the Governor intervene.

#9. Cost: $75,000 to train new security agent.

#10. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files suit against the state.

Texas :

#1. Governor shoots coyote and keeps jogging. Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge. Buzzards eat dead coyote.

Funny......and probably true!

Eki
21st May 2010, 20:24
one hell of a good actor
Nobody knows who the Governor of Texas is.

Sonic
21st May 2010, 20:41
one hell of a good actor

And the next president of the United states - once we sort out that pesky country of birth problem.

Eki
21st May 2010, 20:47
And the next president of the United states - once we sort out that pesky country of birth problem.
According to some, it has already been sorted out. A fake birth certificate.

Helicon_One
21st May 2010, 22:02
also:

Maybe something to do with this?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3041/2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg

Tazio
22nd May 2010, 00:00
No Comment!!!!! :p
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

anthonyvop
22nd May 2010, 03:07
also:

That "research" has been discredited time and again. It is based solely on Income Taxes.
It ignores Corporate and other of the numerous federal taxes on businesses.

anthonyvop
22nd May 2010, 03:08
Um.

A RINO!!!

anthonyvop
22nd May 2010, 03:12
Nobody knows who the Governor of Texas is.

Everyone will....if the rumors are true!!!

Hondo
22nd May 2010, 04:22
Um.

Yeah, European by birth.

I've got a sis in California and their neighborhood is starting to be free range for coyotes, feral hogs, and mountain lion sign has been detected. The deer have always been there. The people can't do anything (legally) about the predators because of all the laws and regulations.

Eki
22nd May 2010, 09:15
Yeah, European by birth.

I've got a sis in California and their neighborhood is starting to be free range for coyotes, feral hogs, and mountain lion sign has been detected. The deer have always been there. The people can't do anything (legally) about the predators because of all the laws and regulations.
And that is bad because? Without the predators they would have a problem with a prey overpopulation (rodents, deer, feral hogs, etc.).

markabilly
22nd May 2010, 15:19
And that is bad because? Without the predators they would have a problem with a prey overpopulation (rodents, deer, feral hogs, etc.).
as well as dogs, cats, children and other rodents......

Tazio
22nd May 2010, 18:14
And that is bad because? Without the predators they would have a problem with a prey overpopulation (rodents, deer, feral hogs, etc.).Exactly to the point Eki. Too many people that own guns will come up with the most rediculous reasons for taking a life with them.
S,D. County does have a healthy population of Coyote's. I've never heard of one taking a human life any older than 4. and that is irresponsibility of the parents for putting the yougster in harms way.

January 2004, Mark Jeffrey Reynolds, 35, was killed and partially eaten by a mountain lion while riding his bicycle on a trail in Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park, in Orange County. Four hours later Anne Hjelle was attacked by the same lion, but she managed to survive as a result of other cylists attacking the animal with hands, feet and rocks. Anne is expected to recover nicely. Mark is the first person known to have been killed by a mountain lion in Orange County.

In December 1994, Iris Kenna, 56, of San Diego was killed by a mountain lion while walking alone on a road in Rancho Cuyamaca State Park, San Diego County.

http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks_ca.html

Cuyamaca is not in the middle of nowhere. It is a 45 minute drive from Downtown. If you want to enjoy nature Do so at your own peril
I saw one when I was fishing at Lake Hodges I didn't mess with it, and it didn't mess with me. But If I had a choice of what particular form of violent death I would chose it to be in mortal combat with one of these creatures I have the honor of sharing this planet with.

http://www.mariposacounty.org/images/pages/N282/Mountain%20Lion.jpg
California Mountain Lion!

Eki
22nd May 2010, 18:35
as well as dogs, cats, children and other rodents......
Keep your dogs in a leash, cats inside and your eye on your children when they are so small that a coyote or a cougar might be interested in them. I live in a city where cars are far greater threat to dogs, cats and children than predators, but still no one goes around shooting car drivers.

Roamy
23rd May 2010, 01:00
Cuyamaca is not in the middle of nowhere. It is a 45 minute drive from Downtown. If you want to enjoy nature Do so at your own peril
I saw one when I was fishing at Lake Hodges I didn't mess with it, and it didn't mess with me. But If I had a choice of what particular form of violent death I would chose it to be in mortal combat with one of these creatures I have the honor of sharing this planet with.

http://www.mariposacounty.org/images/pages/N282/Mountain%20Lion.jpg
California Mountain Lion!

Unless you are heavily armed it would hard qualify as combat. This lion would take you out in a new york second.

Tazio
23rd May 2010, 02:01
Than I guess I wouldn't suffer very long!
So it would be better to take the lion out in a New York minute.
Your argument is fatally flawed. You don't get it. I sincerely suggest you drop back 10 and punt!
Wild Animals invade land that we took away from them. Spending tax money to re-habitat these creatures is the least we can do.
If you think that your life or mine is anything more than a micro-second or a grain of sand in the vastness of space and time, I suggest you have two possible reasons for irresponsibly taking a life.

You feed the animals they will come back for more!

Reason #1: You believe that the Old Testament is the word of god in which he teaches us that all living creatures were put on this rock to serve us.

Reason #2 You never asked to be born, so you have absolutely no responsibility for any of your actions.

I don't know which one is lamer.

I'm not against harvesting other creatures in fact I'm quite handy with a filleting knife.

You started this mockery!
You have done a tremendous disservice to the citizens of the Great States of Texas, and California.

Roamy
23rd May 2010, 02:25
Whew what medication are you on??

AAReagles
28th May 2010, 18:22
Um.

Dianne Feinstein apparently...

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/25/nation/na-desert25

... so much for going green - for jobs and the environment.

Tazio
28th May 2010, 20:41
Dianne Feinstein apparently...

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/25/nation/na-desert25

... so much for going green - for jobs and the environment.

I guess that's one way to look at it. From my perspective this will only encourage more development.
I think we’ve imported enough "Sausage Fingered Mid-Westerners" and obnoxious New York "Raw Capitalist’s" for quite some time.
We should have put a moratorium on them years ago!
Hey, that's just me. I have no Idea why they would come out here in the first place.
Weather sucks! :dozey:
Excuse me while I tend my vegetable garden!

AAReagles
29th May 2010, 20:55
… I think we’ve imported enough "Sausage Fingered Mid-Westerners" and obnoxious New York "Raw Capitalist’s" for quite some time.
We should have put a moratorium on them years ago!

I’m not an endorser of corporate parasites anymore than I am of political windbags – be it Democrat or Republican. And yes I agree with what you implied about letting critters live; not just for their survival though, but ours as well. As I do believe ecosystems are important to maintain.

But when I read something such as…

"I'm a strong supporter of renewable energy and clean technology -- but it is critical that these projects are built on suitable lands," …

… It’s like suitable lands? Where? Has the population in this state decreased? What could possibly be a better area to place wind machines and/or solar panels??

Sooner or later, some sort of cooperative effort needs to be established for the greater common good.

Like every other career-dirtbag, bureaucrat she needs to get with the program, because time is running out. But you and I know that’s not going to happen… no matter which political party is involved... :dozey:

Tazio
30th May 2010, 00:27
I’m not an endorser of corporate parasites anymore than I am of political windbags – be it Democrat or Republican. And yes I agree with what you implied about letting critters live; not just for their survival though, but ours as well. As I do believe ecosystems are important to maintain.

"I'm a strong supporter of renewable energy and clean technology -- but it is critical that these projects are built on suitable lands," …

… It’s like suitable lands? Where? Has the population in this state decreased? What could possibly be a better area to place wind machines and/or solar panels??

Sooner or later, some sort of cooperative effort needs to be established for the greater common good.

Like every other career-dirtbag, bureaucrat she needs to get with the program, because time is running out. But you and I know that’s not going to happen… no matter which political party is involved... :dozey:
Agreed! :up:
Getting back on the subject of animals causing problems for children and pets, something crossed my mind after the fact. Being a Californian living in or near large metropolitan area you must also know that pit bulls, and Dobermans raised by irresponsible pet owners are a far greater danger to children than coyotes. It is an alarming number of these quasi hard guy gang mentality idiots that have made this into a big problem in L.A. and San Diego. I was just talking to a doctor that lives in El Cajon (East San Diego County) I was telling him how proud I was about my Veggie Garden. He said that up until a couple years ago he always had a garden, but he gave up because rabbits and other small rodents were eating them faster than he could grow them. To me that is a sign of a lack of natural predators!

Eki
30th May 2010, 09:09

Like I told you in another thread, our government needs to compromise to get anything done. Recently they agreed on the energy program. The Conservative Party got permissions to build two new nuclear power plants and the Center Party got a big subsidy package for bio-energy.

F1boat
30th May 2010, 22:02
also:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3041/2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg

LFMAO!

AAReagles
4th June 2010, 22:17
... you must also know that pit bulls, and Dobermans raised by irresponsible pet owners are a far greater danger to children than coyotes. It is an alarming number of these quasi hard guy gang mentality idiots that have made this into a big problem in L.A. and San Diego. I was just talking to a doctor that lives in El Cajon... telling him how proud I was about my Veggie Garden. He said that up until a couple years ago he always had a garden, but he gave up because rabbits and other small rodents were eating them faster than he could grow them. To me that is a sign of a lack of natural predators!

Yes, unfortunately some folks are about as good as pet owners as they are parents... you're right about the lack of predators, but that will always be a problem with urban expansionism.

Like I told you in another thread, our government needs to compromise to get anything done...
Yes, folks like Tazio and I who live in California are well aware of that, which is why some people are migrating out of the state, because compromise is not an option with both corrupt parties at odds.

Mark in Oshawa
4th June 2010, 22:53
California is a corrupted and ineptly run kleptocracy that was a great disappointment to me when I went there last summer. Never saw worse highways in the US, and while I liked the people and the weather, I just get the impression the state is out of control.

Give me Texas any day...even if they have the most appalling heat this white kid from Canada has ever seen....

AAReagles
12th June 2010, 11:38
California is a corrupted and ineptly run kleptocracy that was a great disappointment to me when I went there last summer. Never saw worse highways in the US, and while I liked the people and the weather, I just get the impression the state is out of control.

Give me Texas any day...even if they have the most appalling heat this white kid from Canada has ever seen....

California wouldn't be out of control if it weren't for some twisted politics, that endorse a welfare-utopia while shedding businesses that are fed up with the excessive regulations and taxes.

I agree, Texas is looking better and better, as time goes by...

Eki
12th June 2010, 14:28
If Texas becomes Democratic, will they rename it Taxes?

Tazio
12th June 2010, 20:51
If Texas becomes Democratic, will they rename it Taxes?

uM01v_vVnbg

Eki
12th June 2010, 21:05
uM01v_vVnbg
:laugh: So, Dallas, Texas will become Dollars, Taxes.

AAReagles
13th June 2010, 04:28
:laugh: So, Dallas, Texas will become Dollars, Taxes.

Make fun of Texas all you like, with their Über-alles conservatism, but they're not going to be the laughing stock like California will be. Once considered the 8th largest economical independent territory in the world - shot down by left-wing/right-wing pinhead hierarcy, that leveled this country’s great state democracy into a disgusting oligarchy.

And just in case anyone is self-absorb with "progressive" liberal notions to think that California is such a @#$%ing great state to live in, then consider this:

1) This is THE prison-industrial-complex state in the Union.

2) Also, why is that an effective gang-violence intervention program like Father Greg Boyle's Home Boy Industries is considered more expendable than the F#$king Hollywood sign that received funds to save it?

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/15/local/la-me-0515-homeboy-boyle-20100515

Fake, phonies and frauds come in all shades and colors; Religious right-wingers and idealistic Left-wingers both have dropped the ball on numerous occasions, and neither can declare to placard themselves as the salvation of humanity.

Jag_Warrior
13th June 2010, 07:52
Fake, phonies and frauds come in all shades and colors; Religious right-wingers and idealistic Left-wingers both have dropped the ball on numerous occasions, and neither can declare to placard themselves as the salvation of humanity.

:up:

Two sides of the same corrupt coin, IMO. The only difference is, one will pick your pocket with his left hand, while the other insists on doing it with his right.

Tazio
14th June 2010, 01:21
This one is dedicated to Eki ;) :p : :s mokin: ;)

e7cry-4pyy8&NR=1

markabilly
14th June 2010, 01:25
u mean this?

This one is dedicated to Eki ;) :p : :s mokin: ;)

e7cry-4pyy8&NR1

opps u fixed it