PDA

View Full Version : Jenson Button Smooth Driving Style vid

Andy Harrison
20th May 2010, 12:17
Butto talks about the driving style which is currently beating team-mate Hamilton ;)

http://www.grid1.tv/videos/formula-1/latest/jenson-buttons-driving-style

fandango
20th May 2010, 13:57
Interesting that he mentions that his idol as a young driver was Prost (to Hamilton's Senna).

ShiftingGears
20th May 2010, 14:25
Interesting that he mentions that his idol as a young driver was Prost (to Hamilton's Senna).

Most drivers in the F1 grid were inspired by Senna. Button is quite the exception in this regard.

Mia 01
21st May 2010, 12:49
Most drivers in the F1 grid were inspired by Senna. Button is quite the exception in this regard.

And for now, he is doing better than Senna, as was the orginal case.

fandango
21st May 2010, 15:03
And for now, he is doing better than Senna, as was the orginal case.

What do you mean, "doing better than Senna"? The fact that he's still alive?

wedge
21st May 2010, 15:06

10 years ago he said it was Schumi.

Big Ben
21st May 2010, 20:53
Buttonīs love for Prost is a new discovery. He only figured it out when people started comparing them (quite a stupid think to do IMO... the comparison I mean)

Saint Devote
22nd May 2010, 02:03
Jenson has NEVER mentioned Schumacher positively that way. He is on record stating his unsavory view of the seven time champion.

He has always held Prost in the highest regard and it was the French driver that have him his F1 test subsequently signed by Williams.

This whole thread is just ridiculous.

wedge
22nd May 2010, 14:17
Jenson has NEVER mentioned Schumacher positively that way. He is on record stating his unsavory view of the seven time champion.

He has always held Prost in the highest regard and it was the French driver that have him his F1 test subsequently signed by Williams.

Button had posters of Schumi on his bedroom wall when he was karting-junior formulae. Never heard of Prost being mentioned during that time.

goodf1fun
22nd May 2010, 16:31

I have a magazine with Button interview in 2000, his idol was Michael Schumacher.

Saint Devote
23rd May 2010, 21:12
I have a magazine with Button interview in 2000, his idol was Michael Schumacher.

You have a magazine? Whats the name and issue?

His view of Prost stems from back in 1998/9 when he was driving the French Mygale chassis in FF and Alain Prost was watching him, and from that came the his F3 drive at Renault and finally the Prost F1 test.

His most recent comments have not been complimentary regarding Schumacher's past in the joint Jenson and Lewis interview eralier this year or his performance at the press conference with Lewis when they both laughed at the ex-champ's performance at Sepang.

Although this is really not important because if anything the current Mclaren team is more like the 1979-80 Ferrari team of Scheckter and Villeneuve rather than Prost and Senna.

wedge
24th May 2010, 14:20
You have a magazine? Whats the name and issue?

His view of Prost stems from back in 1998/9 when he was driving the French Mygale chassis in FF and Alain Prost was watching him, and from that came the his F3 drive at Renault and finally the Prost F1 test.

So does testing for Prost lead to admiration for Prost's silky smooth driving and racing/tactical awareness or his business acumen?

Saint Devote
25th May 2010, 00:52
Do you have a link in relation to him admiring Prost way back in 1998/9? I followed Button quite closely as he entered F1 and went through a stage of buying F1 Racing magazine everytime he appeared in it during 2000. I remember the Schumacher and Senna talk and how he admired them as a child, but I have never heard Prost mentioned as his main idol.

I found an old interview which discusses his first test with prost.
http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft00353.html

I dont remember - I think it was from Jense's web site.
Regardless, he is more like Scheckter and Fittipaldi than anyone else.

Ari
25th May 2010, 07:47
Oh dear.

We're arguing over who Jensons favourite driver is.

After GP's in consecutive weekends Turkey cannot come quick enough!

Saint Devote
25th May 2010, 10:33
Oh dear.

After GP's in consecutive weekends Turkey cannot come quick enough!

:D

Big Ben
25th May 2010, 11:59
Some would argue even JB, but that's not that abnormal. JB doesn't seem to be sure who his idol is either. It's a shame he doesn't know the good answer. Idols are for the 'little' people.

wedge
25th May 2010, 12:47
JB doesn't seem to be sure who his idol is either. It's a shame he doesn't know the good answer.

I suspect its part sucking up to McLaren but more on greater admiration and respect.

I was brought up to 'hate' Piquet but now I have greater respect and admiration for his race craft - he knew when to attack on the limit and when to sit back and be conservative.

Tazio
25th May 2010, 13:08
I dont remember - I think it was from Jense's web site.
Regardless, he is more like Scheckter and Fittipaldi than anyone else.
'ello!!!!! Gawd Blimey what's this?

A string of strong drives saw him collect 12 points during his first year in the sport, while an impressive qualifying performance at Spa saw him line up ahead of hero Michael Schumacher on the grid for the Belgian GP!
http://www.pitpass.com/src/drivers/button.php

Luvvly-jubbly :s mokin:

markabilly
25th May 2010, 13:34
i bet he is really a closet admirer of Scotnot

probably even paints his toenails, so he can be like him...

Tazio
25th May 2010, 13:36
This just in from "the lighter side".
Fish gets caught trolling for himself :eek: :p

markabilly
25th May 2010, 13:39
barracuda

SGWilko
25th May 2010, 15:33
I suspect its part sucking up to McLaren but more on greater admiration and respect.

I was brought up to 'hate' Piquet but now I have greater respect and admiration for his race craft - he knew when to attack on the limit and when to sit back and be conservative.

Ha ha ha ha ha, thanks for that - made my day.

SGWilko
25th May 2010, 15:34
'ello!!!!! Gawd Blimey what's this?

http://www.pitpass.com/src/drivers/button.php

Luvvly-jubbly :s mokin:

Errr, that's cor blimey.

I imagine your cockney accent is about as good as Dick Van Dyke's effort for Mary Poppins......

Tazio
25th May 2010, 16:49
Errr, that's cor blimey.

I imagine your cockney accent is about as good as Dick Van Dyke's effort for Mary Poppins......

"Cor blimey" is a variation of "Gawd Blimey" or "Gor Blimey". They are all a corruption of the oath "God Blind Me".

Any other corrections Chin Chin?
BTW I do a great Dr Watson..... Holmes! ;)

Tazio
25th May 2010, 16:59
I imagine your cockney accent is about as good as.....

Not something I aspire to live down to! ;)

SGWilko
25th May 2010, 17:01
"Cor blimey" is a variation of "Gawd Blimey" or "Gor Blimey". They are all a corruption of the oath "God Blind Me".

Any other corrections Chin Chin?
BTW I do a great Dr Watson..... Holmes! ;)

And you are using Chin Chin in the wrong context, too.

Never heard the one about the boy who's old man is a dustman?

Bottoms up old bean.

Tazio
25th May 2010, 17:30
And you are using Chin Chin in the wrong context, too.

Never heard the one about the boy who's old man is a dustman?

Bottoms up old bean.

Yes, now that I have my spec's on I see.
It's simply a mis-spelling! :eek:

http://nanuse.webcindario.com/meteoro_archivos/hermano_chispita.JPG

Then there is Chim Chim-i-ney Chim Chim-i-ney Chim Chim Cha-roo :)

http://kingdomofstyle.typepad.co.uk/my_weblog/images/2008/09/28/14652__poppins_l.jpg

Have a Gawd Blessed day :)

SGWilko
25th May 2010, 17:33
Yes, now that I have my spec's on I see.
It's simply a mis-spelling! :eek:

http://nanuse.webcindario.com/meteoro_archivos/hermano_chispita.JPG

Then there is Chim Chim-i-ney Chim Chim-i-ney Chim Chim Cha-roo :)

http://kingdomofstyle.typepad.co.uk/my_weblog/images/2008/09/28/14652__poppins_l.jpg

Have a Gawd Blessed day :)

Never mind!

ioan
25th May 2010, 19:05
Oh dear.

:D

jens
25th May 2010, 21:36
Oh dear.

Of course, this knowledge must undergo a scientific research! Because if it turns out that he has a "wrong" favourite, he needs to be burnt!