PDA

View Full Version : Rally Finland 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

maxter
18th May 2010, 20:24
I'm seriously considering getting to Finland for this year's Neste Oil rally. It just hit me that it's not awfully far to drive (about 12-13 hours, I live in the middle of Sweden) and it would be awesome to actually get away and do something during the summer, be it just over the weekend.

So the standard questions apply I guess.

*Where to go? What stages (and spots in the stages) are recommended, and how do I get there?
I would probably be watching mainly on Saturday since spending most of Friday and Sunday getting there/home.

*Where to sleep? Is there perhaps some kind of camp available? Worst case there's always the option of sleeping in the car I guess.

*Anything else worth keeping in mind?

pettersolberg29
18th May 2010, 21:23
Glad you made this thread maxter! Got a few questions of my own. Is there anyone on here who is a NORF 'expert' that I can ask a few specific questions to? Would anyone mind answering a couple that I have by PM? Thanks.

J4MIE
18th May 2010, 22:08
Fire away, there are plenty of people on here that will help you out. I've been booked up for months!!! :bounce:

pettersolberg29
18th May 2010, 22:29
My main issue is that this will be my first foray into a foreign rally without my old man. This creates a problem with transport once you reach Jyvaskyla as I'm not yet old enough to hire car abroad as I've only had a driving license for a year and a half. I was hoping (maybe against hope!) that there may be someone on here who is going to NORF who may be able to transport me and a mate in their car from our hotel to the stages. I haven't booked a hotel due to the transport issue, and have now realised that if I don't get my act together then all hotels within 100 miles will be booked up!!
If anyone thinks this may be possible then please contact me via PM. We're obviously happy to pay for petrol costs, plus a bit on top for the hassle of hoiking around a couple of 18-19 year olds.

ProRally
19th May 2010, 07:08
My main issue is that this will be my first foray into a foreign rally without my old man. This creates a problem with transport once you reach Jyvaskyla as I'm not yet old enough to hire car abroad as I've only had a driving license for a year and a half. I was hoping (maybe against hope!) that there may be someone on here who is going to NORF who may be able to transport me and a mate in their car from our hotel to the stages. I haven't booked a hotel due to the transport issue, and have now realised that if I don't get my act together then all hotels within 100 miles will be booked up!!
If anyone thinks this may be possible then please contact me via PM. We're obviously happy to pay for petrol costs, plus a bit on top for the hassle of hoiking around a couple of 18-19 year olds.

Yes for sure on the hotels.... have mine sorted long time ago.

21st May 2010, 10:01
I'm off to Finalnd this year :D

Hope for heaps of entries

donlorean
21st May 2010, 16:38
I'm seriously considering getting to Finland for this year's Neste Oil rally. It just hit me that it's not awfully far to drive (about 12-13 hours, I live in the middle of Sweden) and it would be awesome to actually get away and do something during the summer, be it just over the weekend.

So the standard questions apply I guess.

*Where to go? What stages (and spots in the stages) are recommended, and how do I get there?
I would probably be watching mainly on Saturday since spending most of Friday and Sunday getting there/home.

*Where to sleep? Is there perhaps some kind of camp available? Worst case there's always the option of sleeping in the car I guess.

*Anything else worth keeping in mind?

Hello...

There is camping area in Himos. That might be the place what you are looking. Three stages(Surkee, Leustu and Himos) that will be driven twice are quite near and from that area is only few houndred meters to end of ss 16/19 Himos...

Rallyper
23rd May 2010, 00:11
I´ll say every stage in Finland is worth seeing. No matter where you go there´s always something good to see.

A good place is in the middle of Leustu-stage at Saakoski just along the road E63 (stage nr 15 and 18). You can stay at the first junction or go about 800m after second junction and onwards.

Also Myhinpää stage (8 and 10) going in middle of stage is good place if you want to party along the night before. Hundreds of tents and caravans and housemobiles. Then walk about 500-1000 m in direction to finnish and you´ll find many good bends.

Hartusvuori
23rd May 2010, 11:39
I´ll say every stage in Finland is worth seeing. No matter where you go there´s always something good to see.

A good place is in the middle of Leustu-stage at Saakoski just along the road E63 (stage nr 15 and 18). You can stay at the first junction or go about 800m after second junction and onwards.

Also Myhinpää stage (8 and 10) going in middle of stage is good place if you want to party along the night before. Hundreds of tents and caravans and housemobiles. Then walk about 500-1000 m in direction to finnish and you´ll find many good bends.

It's just Saakoski is always very jammed, but of course crowd makes the atmosphere. Last year we were at Leustu in the spectator point just earlier to Saakoski, you leave the main road some 1 km towards Jyväskylä. It was first stage in the morning so we were early, but the place actually quite decent for the purpose with a high speed jump. Also easy to park.

And let's not start with Myhinpää... Of course it's a classic, but you got to be early. Last year we walked more than 4 km from where we had to leave the car just to get to the stage. There were loads of people. It'll be interesting to see this year when Myhinpää is ran on Friday afternoon. Going past Jyväskylä from the west-side morning stages to east-side afternoon stages could be very frustrating.

But like Rallyper said all of the stages have good points, some have more legendary than the others, but you get to see a lot during the weekend.

I'm not a professional in giving tips, but I've been to 1000 Lakes most of my life and I come from the region, so if you have any practical question to ask, PM me and I get back to you.

Rallyper
23rd May 2010, 18:46
Yeah, generally you have to be early at every stage. We use to put up a tent at some good crossing point near the first stage of the day, and sleep over night at the stage. Usually there´s a lot of others who´s doing the same so you can even have some partying along friends from Norway, Finland, Estonia.... Use to be very nice.

At Saakoski for example there was a common camping last year. Fun!

maxter
26th May 2010, 18:17
Great tips, thanks alot everyone. I really hope I'll be able to make this trip, would be awesome. Probably trying to get there Friday evening and set camp close to one of Saturday's stages would be the best, if possible. I don't mind the people (and certainly not my not-so-rally-enthusiastic friend who I'm trying to bring with me with "party" as my main argument), but of course I want to be able to actually see some action as well.

Rallyper
26th May 2010, 18:54
Great tips, thanks alot everyone. I really hope I'll be able to make this trip, would be awesome. Probably trying to get there Friday evening and set camp close to one of Saturday's stages would be the best, if possible. I don't mind the people (and certainly not my not-so-rally-enthusiastic friend who I'm trying to bring with me with "party" as my main argument), but of course I want to be able to actually see some action as well.

Then I´d recommend Saakoski (Leustu SS15/18) or Surkee stage (SS14/17)because they will be driven twice on Saturday. Väärinmaja is good (fast) and will be driven only one time.

Surkee I can´t remember if I know. Need some advices from our finnish friends here... ;)

Hartusvuori
26th May 2010, 19:03

Sounds cool. But if it's anyhow possible I'd strongly advise to get to Finland already on Thursday or Wednesday evening. Remember that this year there won't be any stages on Sunday!

Tomi
26th May 2010, 20:33
agree with Hartusvuori, it would be clever to come a few days earlier and also drive the potential stages which planning to spectate to find good spots.

29th May 2010, 08:14
We would expect PG to be in Finland as well?

julkki
29th May 2010, 14:04

Would be awesome! Rumours said that Kankkunen is trying to get a budget for a WRC car too.

Rallyper
29th May 2010, 14:42
You could just speculate, but, if PG will drive for Stobart next year in WRC he might very well be in a Focus in NORF 2010. That is of course if he has a contract already with MW for 2011. He wouldn´t have to show his skills anymore in S2000 this year, but only to work close to Ford for the rest of 2010. :cool:

Mirek
29th May 2010, 15:09

Only if someone from normal Ford drivers doesn't drive or in some private team. According to interview with Ilka Minor there is no other Focus WRC available.

Tomi
29th May 2010, 15:14
Will be interesting to see what the old man can do with the Focus, top 5?

pantealex
29th May 2010, 23:28
Yes, NORF is part of SWRC and P-G has nominated Finland as one his rallies...

30th May 2010, 01:07
Yes, NORF is part of SWRC and P-G has nominated Finland as one his rallies...

I meant in a Ford Focus WRC. I read in an interview and you're correct he's still got a contract with Skoda Sweden for the rest of the year. Maybe Japan he might need to drive a Focus, but it's probably abit too late now considering the championships for Ford. I just want to see as many WRC cars in Finland as possible :)

pantealex
30th May 2010, 09:11
I just want to see as many WRC cars in Finland as possible :)
Me too, not only because it´s last time of the original WRC

bowler
30th May 2010, 19:51
it is the last time of the current WRC.

We have had group B, to Group A, to WRC prior to this year.

31st May 2010, 01:29
Mads Ostberg is reported as competing in Finland.

Max Rally

Carlo
31st May 2010, 08:21
it is the last time of the current WRC.

We have had group B, to Group A, to WRC prior to this year.

And don't forget FIA Groups 1 to 4 before that

Koppomsbo
31st May 2010, 14:35
Would be awesome! Rumours said that Kankkunen is trying to get a budget for a WRC car too.

:up: :up:

bowler
31st May 2010, 20:55
rumours are just that: rumours.

Why would KKK want to run a WRC car?

DonJippo
31st May 2010, 21:01
rumours are just that: rumours.

Why would KKK want to run a WRC car?

This one is not a rumour.

bowler
31st May 2010, 21:33
Don Jippo you are closer to this than I am.

Are you talking of a "one off" appearance or a car for a season?

I could understand a "one off", in Finland, for KKK, with someone else paying, but could not understand KKK paying for a drive himself.

DonJippo
31st May 2010, 23:05
Are you talking of a "one off" appearance or a car for a season?

One off appearance in Finland, there is no way Kankkunen would do whole season nor that he would be paying himself.

Koppomsbo
1st June 2010, 06:13
Wow, does this mean i acctualy can se one of the sports biggest heroes this summer. Me like :) In a Focus i guess?

Koppomsbo
2nd June 2010, 09:11
When can we expect the first entry list to be offical.

2nd June 2010, 09:24
When can we expect the first entry list to be offical.
25th of June is the closing date for entries, so some time after that i would assume. Shouldn't be too far away hopefully

http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-02-26T07-29-08253.pdf

Audimadgeoff
2nd June 2010, 09:32
Ok, this is probably the wrong thread for this, but where can I find information on Finnish rallies? One of my clients wants to do one or two local events between now and WRC Finland - thanks :)

Hartusvuori
2nd June 2010, 10:12
Ok, this is probably the wrong thread for this, but where can I find information on Finnish rallies? One of my clients wants to do one or two local events between now and WRC Finland - thanks :)

At a glance to the calendar (http://www.autourheilu.fi/lajit/ralli/kilpailukalenteri/) there really isn't much to choose from. We'll see Finnish Championship's first summer event on next weekend (June 11th-12th) and then the next event is WRC Finland. Summer is holiday season, thus most events are organised from August on.

If you like to contact someone at AKK Motorsport, here's contacts (http://www.autourheilu.fi/lajit/ralli/yhteystiedot/). I don't know for sure, but I'd start with the two names at the bottom of the page, Tarkiainen and Frank.

Audimadgeoff
2nd June 2010, 10:29
thanks for that Hartusvouri ;-)

2nd June 2010, 11:15
Conrad?

bluuford
2nd June 2010, 12:25
thanks for that Hartusvouri ;-)

Many drivers have used South-Estonian Rally as a practice for NORF it is two weeks before Finland and this year it is nearly 200km of stages.
More information here: http://www.rallyestonia.com/
It also runs as a candidate event for IRC

Audimadgeoff
2nd June 2010, 13:48
Conrad? no, Peter Horsey, PSD driver

2nd June 2010, 13:49
no, Peter Horsey, PSD driver
Awesome, well I'll see him there then :)

maxter
2nd June 2010, 22:47
Btw, are there any maps available (to find your way to the stages)?

Tomi
2nd June 2010, 23:04

when you arrive buy the VM magazine, there is all you need.

N.O.T
2nd June 2010, 23:59
are the info in the magazine in english as well?

Tomi
3rd June 2010, 04:27
are the info in the magazine in english as well?

yes, some of it is, like how to get to the stages is.

Hartusvuori
3rd June 2010, 09:39

When RG1 was published, they also published overview maps that you take a look at from this pdf link (http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-02-26T07-30-20253.pdf). That gives you an idea where the stages are.

But like Tomi said, VM's spectators' guide is the one to buy once you arrive in Finland. That blue-covered magazine has it all concerning information how to get to the stages, where to park and it also shows way to spectators' points if you want to use them. On previous years it have had one page for each stage with stage map and 50/50 Finnish and English text. Most of the interviews and other texts on the magazine are in Finnish, but all the useful info is in English as well. The format of the spectators' guide have remained the same for many years and I think there is some pressure to change it, but I doubt it.

Are you N.O.T. coming perhaps?

maxter
3rd June 2010, 09:42
Awesome, thank you. :)

A.F.F.
5th June 2010, 17:53
It's going to be a busy friday and saturday this year... God for bid I have my gps with me, it never goes wrong :p :

pino
6th June 2010, 06:38
... God for bid I have my gps with me, it never goes wrong :p :

I'll do my best to make sure it won't work...I have not intention to get lost again, and miss a stage :mad: :p :

A.F.F.
6th June 2010, 11:22
I'll do my best to make sure it won't work...I have not intention to get lost again, and miss a stage :mad: :p :

Actually you didn't miss a stage. You just got to see the same stage again ;)

J4MIE
6th June 2010, 12:35
The problem I find with GPS is that if you want to go to a specific point on a stage, I find that more often than not it will want me to drive along a stage or across it at some point to get there, which means that it is not very useful, you have to put in your own via point away from the stage to get around it :s

Susiraja
6th June 2010, 13:14
Do it old school people. One drives and the person sitting on the next seat reads a map. Works kind of like a GPS. Giving instructions and stuff ;)

OK that was a joke. No harm meant. But think how easy it nowadays that the biggest nuisance is to set up waypoints before driving/walking to the desired corner on the stage. And with the modern GPS phones you can check your location when walking on a stage.

J4MIE
6th June 2010, 15:08
Presuming of course that you have someone to read a map for you, otherwise you have to stop and check it yourself ;)

bluuford
6th June 2010, 17:37
While visiting rallies I like to do it with my children..
GPS in connected with laptop and the route is marked on the map. So, I usually drive while I read map and thanks to the bigger screen that laptop has.. it is quite comfortable:-) Usually when I take someone to read my map they are always late to call junctions etc.

Maybe it is so, because I work with the maps every day and last time we drove to Portugal I was reading the map during the whole 4200km and we didn't got lost not a single time :-)

Edit: And I forgot the write the reason why I wrote it. There was quite a big accident in Latvia a few years ago when one spectator decided to stop for a moment to check the map and there was Estonian rally driver Popov with his evo 6 behind him and could not see the car stopping due to the dust and... Bang!! It was quite a big accident. I dont remember anyone getting hurt but the rally was over for Evo6 and Popov.

So, be careful while stopping.

Koppomsbo
7th June 2010, 07:27
What can we expect in terms of entries??

WRC

Citroen

Loeb
Sordo
Ogier
Raikkonen
P. Solberg.

Ford

Hirvonen
Latvala
H. Solberg
Wilson

Subaru

Ostberg

SWRC

SKODA

Sandell
Andersson

Please fill in :D

bluuford
7th June 2010, 07:51
WRC
1. Loeb C4WRC
2. Sordo C4WRC
3. Hirvonen Focus WRC
4. Latvala Focus WRC
5. Wilson Focus WRC
6. Räikkönen C4WRC
7. Ogier C4WRC
8. Solberg P C4WRC
9. Ostberg Subaru WRC
10. Qassimi Focus WRC

SWRC
1. Tuohino Ford
2. Prokop Ford
3. Al Attyah Ford
4. Sandell Skoda
5. Kocziusko Ford
6. Llovera A. Skoda
7. Ketomaa, J. Ford
8. Andersson Skoda

PWRC
1. Semerad, M Mitsu
2. Baldoni Subaru
3. Frisiero Mitsu
4. Nobre, P.Mitsu
5. Muhonen, R. Mitsu
6. Wang Rui Mitsu
7. Gröndal, A. Subaru
8. Flodin Subaru
9. Pavlides, S Subaru
10. Jourdain, M. Mitsu
11. Tänak Mitsu
12. Paddon Mitsu
13. Raschi Mitsu
14. Horsey Mitsu
15. Georgiou, N Mitsu

Other:
1. Kresta Mitsu
2. Hänninen Skoda?
3. Kaur, E. Subaru????
And a lot of others finnish Gr N drivers :-)

Koppomsbo
7th June 2010, 08:57
WRC
1. Loeb C4WRC
2. Sordo C4WRC
3. Hirvonen Focus WRC
4. Latvala Focus WRC
5. Wilson Focus WRC
6. Räikkönen C4WRC
7. Ogier C4WRC
8. Solberg P C4WRC
9. Ostberg Subaru WRC
10. Qassimi Focus WRC

SWRC
1. Tuohino Ford
2. Prokop Ford
3. Al Attyah Ford
4. Sandell Skoda
5. Kocziusko Ford
6. Llovera A. Skoda
7. Ketomaa, J. Ford
8. Andersson Skoda

PWRC
1. Semerad, M Mitsu
2. Baldoni Subaru
3. Frisiero Mitsu
4. Nobre, P.Mitsu
5. Muhonen, R. Mitsu
6. Wang Rui Mitsu
7. Gröndal, A. Subaru
8. Flodin Subaru
9. Pavlides, S Subaru
10. Jourdain, M. Mitsu
11. Tänak Mitsu
12. Paddon Mitsu
13. Raschi Mitsu
14. Horsey Mitsu
15. Georgiou, N Mitsu

Other:
1. Kresta Mitsu
2. Hänninen Skoda?
3. Kaur, E. Subaru????
And a lot of others finnish Gr N drivers :-)

:up:

Any more privateers in WRC??

And what about Kankkunen ;)

Mirek
7th June 2010, 10:49
WRC
Other:
1. Kresta Mitsu
2. Hänninen Skoda?

Yes and yes :)

tolis
7th June 2010, 14:46
We should add in the list Jaakko Tapper with a Seat Leon 2.0TDi FR and maybe Michael Honda (CZ-Citroen C2 S1600) and Radik Shaymiev (RUS-Peugeot 207 S2000).

Mirek
7th June 2010, 14:52
Michael Honda? Maybe, but I don't see it very likely. If he drives than for sure not with C2 S1600.

bluuford
7th June 2010, 14:58
]Michael Honda? Maybe, but I don't see it very likely. If he drives than for sure not with C2 S1600.

He is entered with C2 S1600 for rally Estonia. http://autosport.ee/rallyreg/?page=27&race_id=80&lang_id=2& Maybe testing for Finland? or just having fun :-)

tolis
7th June 2010, 15:03
He is entered with C2 S1600 for rally Estonia. http://autosport.ee/rallyreg/?page=27&race_id=80&lang_id=2& Maybe testing for Finland? or just having fun :-)
That's why I added him.... ;)

Mirek
7th June 2010, 15:08
Aha, that's new to me and a bit surprising. Than it might be possible that he starts in NORF also. By the way he's Kresta's sponsor.

Hartusvuori
7th June 2010, 16:21
It should be also pointed out that the maximun number of entries is limited to 90. This is due to initeary which is quite tight at places.

There are some discounts for crews taking part to Finnish championship. Hopefully we'd see Salo, Lindroos, Katajamäki, Miettinen et al also in NORF.

donlorean
7th June 2010, 18:37
And then there is going to be about 15 Fiesta. So those who drive some series are going to be about 60 drivers(WRC, SWRC, PWRC, FSTI)... Only 30 places for privateers... Not very much...

tolis
7th June 2010, 18:43
We should also add the FST drivers:
Al Shamsi
Al Jabri
Riedemann
Henriksson
Marko Kakko-Fiesta S2000

Ondra WRC
7th June 2010, 18:49
SWRC
6. Llovera A. Skoda

Llovera in Skoda? He will not go Fiat?

bluuford
7th June 2010, 19:13
Llovera in Skoda? He will not go Fiat?

Sorry, my mistake, copy paste you know;-)

Tomi
7th June 2010, 19:50
It should be also pointed out that the maximun number of entries is limited to 90. This is due to initeary which is quite tight at places.

There are some discounts for crews taking part to Finnish championship. Hopefully we'd see Salo, Lindroos, Katajamäki, Miettinen et al also in NORF.

It seems like Lindroos is getting familiar to the car so it would be good to see him there, Miettinen again has had by far the best VIP in NORF i have been to sofar.

Koppomsbo
7th June 2010, 20:40
Grönholm? To much to hope for? :)

DonJippo
7th June 2010, 22:07
Grönholm? To much to hope for? :)

I'm sure Bosse will be there but just spectating.

Hartusvuori
8th June 2010, 20:08
Considering the new (or rather "new") SSS, Laajavuori, they are planning some changes to the stage so it'd be a bit different from the previous years' shakedown. It should be 4,3 kms in lenght opposed to 3,76 kms it were when used as a shakedown.

Those of you who have visited Laajavuori shakedown or stage know the skiiing hill and the downhill car course. On this article (http://www.ksml.fi/teemat/ralli/mm-ralli-kapuaa-laskettelurinteeseen-laajavuoressa/567882) (Finnish) they are speculating over the fact that the beginning of the stage would be half way up the skiing hill, then taking a turn to better known Laajavuori road. It'd be hard however to make that particular part of the skiing hill so hard that it could be used for the purpose as it is rather soft to begin with.

This year's shakedown will take place at Rannankyläntie in Muurame (http://maps.google.fi/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fi&geocode=&q=rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+muurame&sll=62.593341,27.575684&sspn=15.165609,39.506836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+40950+Muurame&z=13&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=62.164105,25.615603&panoid=CcDQ6H8QNlppVMsiXxDskg&cbp=12,36.21,,0,8.27). It should resemble more NORF's stages for shakedown than Laajavuori used to: fast sections, yumps, fast corners, ...

Rallyper
9th June 2010, 20:59
Hartusvouri - would you think there´s any use going to watch the SD at NORF this year?

Of course the answer for any rallyfreak is yes, but anyway? :confused:

janvanvurpa
10th June 2010, 06:13
Considering the new (or rather "new") SSS, Laajavuori, they are planning some changes to the stage so it'd be a bit different from the previous years' shakedown. It should be 4,3 kms in lenght opposed to 3,76 kms it were when used as a shakedown.

Those of you who have visited Laajavuori shakedown or stage know the skiiing hill and the downhill car course. On this article (http://www.ksml.fi/teemat/ralli/mm-ralli-kapuaa-laskettelurinteeseen-laajavuoressa/567882) (Finnish) they are speculating over the fact that the beginning of the stage would be half way up the skiing hill, then taking a turn to better known Laajavuori road. It'd be hard however to make that particular part of the skiing hill so hard that it could be used for the purpose as it is rather soft to begin with.

This year's shakedown will take place at Rannankyläntie in Muurame (http://maps.google.fi/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fi&geocode=&q=rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+muurame&sll=62.593341,27.575684&sspn=15.165609,39.506836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+40950+Muurame&z=13&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=62.164105,25.615603&panoid=CcDQ6H8QNlppVMsiXxDskg&cbp=12,36.21,,0,8.27). It should resemble more NORF's stages for shakedown than Laajavuori used to: fast sections, yumps, fast corners, ...

Jössös Kristi poiki!
All the articles there are impössible te read, viiiiituuun! Nobody can read any of it!
Why do you guys write in Finnish anyway when you know nobody can read it?
Come on, honestly, you can tell me since we're friends, can you read that stuff? I know some people think they can speak it and some claim they understand it, but write and read---I don't think anybody does, they just fake it.

How come there's no linkit to Swedish language version, isn't that second language?

jiipee64
10th June 2010, 06:55
>>All the articles there are impössible te read,
>>Nobody can read any of it!
>>Why do you guys write in Finnish anyway when you know nobody
>>can read it?

Sorry but that is a link to a newspaper's web site (finnish)

>>Come on, honestly, you can tell me since we're friends,
>>can you read that stuff?

Most of the time... :p

>>I know some people think they can speak it and some claim
>>they understand it, but write and read---I don't think anybody does,
>>they just fake it.

Those guys are called politicians.. :D

>>How come there's no linkit to Swedish language version,
>>isn't that second language?

Only 8 % minority speaks swedish as their native language all other are forced (by law) to study it. Most of us are not very keen to use it any way.
:)

Hartusvuori
10th June 2010, 09:50
Hartusvouri - would you think there´s any use going to watch the SD at NORF this year?

Of course the answer for any rallyfreak is yes, but anyway? :confused:

What are the options? Yes and Hell Yes? I don't know the road they're using for SD this year, but like said it should be more similar to proper NORF stage, so it sounds better than Laajavuori.

But take mosquito repellents with you - they should come in armies this year :-)

janvanvurpa
10th June 2010, 19:34
Only 8 % minority speaks swedish as their native language all other are forced (by law) to study it. Most of us are not very keen to use it any way.
:)

Well I'm one of those who can only read Swedish (and German and French and a liiiiiiittle Engleski, too) and i want to read all the news you guys have, but can't!
It's not fair!

(And I know what you mean that everybody is forced to study it but nobody wants to admit they can read or speak Swedish---but it would be nice to be able to read the ralli-news)

Hartusvuori
10th June 2010, 19:48
(And I know what you mean that everybody is forced to study it but nobody wants to admit they can read or speak Swedish---but it would be nice to be able to read the ralli-news)

In central Finland there's no use for Swedish and thus no motivation to start studying it when you're 12 years old. Closer to coast I could understand studying it could have some better purpose, but... I guess you're still joking.

janvanvurpa
11th June 2010, 03:53
but... I guess you're still joking.

Naturligvis!

I don't get paid enough to act serious..

I do wish I could at least read more Finnsih than "maskinikevärri'' and Mäkinen saying ''Maj söspenders ver prökken on läst stage''.

I introduced America to F-cup and enough guys here watch it follow it and agitated so the US rules were bent to be like F-cup rules.
I am also ''öfficial giver of Finnish names'' since it is well known that a Finnish name is worth 0,7 sek-km or 1.1 sec-mile.
So, it would be nice I could read more Finnish than RUSSIAN, but RUSSIAN is EASIER! (even with their alphabet!!)

Juha
12th June 2010, 13:02
Actually you didn't miss a stage. You just got to see the same stage again ;)
Yes, but we could have just stayed there instead of driving around for nothing. :p :

Tomi
12th June 2010, 13:09
Yes, but we could have just stayed there instead of driving around for nothing. :p :

I think he wanted to show lake number 689.

pino
12th June 2010, 14:39
I think he wanted to show lake number 689.

I'll make sure the GPS stays home ;) :p :

donlorean
16th June 2010, 04:30
Someone said in Finnish rally forum Ralli.net that Juha Kankkunen will drive Stobart-Ford in NORF. I didn't found any confirmation about it but lets hope so...

Hartusvuori
16th June 2010, 14:29
Someone said in Finnish rally forum Ralli.net that Juha Kankkunen will drive Stobart-Ford in NORF. I didn't found any confirmation about it but lets hope so...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84522

No comfirmation yet though.

Tomi
16th June 2010, 15:16
the kankku thing has been sure for a long time already, only ford want to wait with the announcment.

Hartusvuori
16th June 2010, 15:49
the kankku thing has been sure for a long time already, only ford want to wait with the announcment.

Is Therman involved, perhaps?

Tomi
16th June 2010, 16:34
Is Therman involved, perhaps?

Not sure about Therman, but i dont think so, anyway this will be propably the last time to see Juha drive for real and in a good car, after this there will offcourse be still some rallies, but more or less cruising and more about showing the face.

Josti
16th June 2010, 17:20
"...and possibly more rounds of the series later in the season."

Also from the Autosport article, would be an exciting surprise. If Kankkunen does well for Stobart in Finland, why not if both parties are into it?

DonJippo
19th June 2010, 12:46
First entries published http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-06-18T15-54-11253.pdf

19th June 2010, 13:19
First entries published http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-06-18T15-54-11253.pdf

Looks pretty awesome. Keep us posted :D

Woodeye
19th June 2010, 16:36
Fabrizio de Sanctis there once again. :)

Tomi
19th June 2010, 16:52
Fabrizio de Sanctis there once again. :)

Offcourse, he is a part of the inventory list already.
No Joonas Lindroos sofar.

Koppomsbo
19th June 2010, 19:46
What about Gardemeister? Can we hope to see him there?

urabus-denoS2000
19th June 2010, 20:01
De Sanctis now in an Evo IX :)

Hartusvuori
19th June 2010, 20:09
No Joonas Lindroos sofar.

The only name I want to see in the updated lists. Salo is there though, and hopefully we get Joonas as well.

vkangas
19th June 2010, 23:15
What about Gardemeister? Can we hope to see him there?

He will be driving with Tapio Suomalainen. Car will most propably be S2000, but I haven't found confirmation.

On his webpage he is saying that he has been negotiating all the spring and now things are looking brighter...whatever that means..

bluuford
20th June 2010, 06:52
He will be driving with Tapio Suomalainen. Car will most propably be S2000, but I haven't found confirmation.

On his webpage he is saying that he has been negotiating all the spring and now things are looking brighter...whatever that means..
He will be in Rally Estonia two weeks earlier and there are rumors that he might be there with Skoda Fabia S2000 car and if it is like that then he will be in Finland with the same car.

Hartusvuori
21st June 2010, 10:43
It is now officially announced that Juha Kankkunen - Juha Repo will start NORF 2010 with Ford Focus RS WRC.

- I haven't drove much with modern rally cars, but they do have tyres and a steering wheel, so I should do ok, he said.

- We'll try to score top ten times and compete with ie. Kimi Räikkönen.

donlorean
21st June 2010, 10:45
Now it's confirmed, Kankkunen/Repo in NORF-10.

Daniel
21st June 2010, 10:47
COOOOOOOOOL. Hmmmmm might need to go now ;)

Hartusvuori
21st June 2010, 14:22
Kankkunen will drive the latest-spec M-Sport Focus and he will get two days of testing.

- If I will win this, other drivers should consider a career driving a milk car.

He's back.

Juha_Koo
21st June 2010, 16:28
He's back.

1. JML
2. Kankkunen (+0:05.6)
3. Loeb (+0:12.4)

:confused: ;)

But really, this is great news. :) I'll guess I'll have to start plead my vacations from army quite soon.... The lotto row would be HL+HL+VLV+VLV I guess. :D

Barreis
21st June 2010, 17:30
JML in the ditch..

vkangas
21st June 2010, 18:52
Here's the TV coverage of finnish TV and official online service.

29.7. Thursday
MTV3 MAX klo 17.30–18.00 Rally World: Summary of Previous rally
MTV3 MAX klo 18.00–18.30 Shake Down
MTV3 MAX klo 18.30–20.00 LIVE SS1: Laajavuori
Katsomo.fi klo 20.45 - 21.00 Service, Live
MTV3 klo 22.30–22.40 Summary of a Day

30.7. Friday
Katsomo.fi klo 06.30–06.45 LIVE Service A
MTV3 MAX klo 12.40–12.55 Summary of a Day
Katsomo.fi klo 13.50–16.30 LIVE helicopter SS 6, 7 ja 8
Katsomo.fi klo 12.55–13.10 LIVE Service B
MTV3 MAX klo 14.40–14.55 Summary of a Day
Katsomo.fi klo 17.20–19.00 LIVE helicopter SS 9 ja 10
MTV3 MAX klo 19.35–20.45 LIVE SS11: Laajavuori
Katsomo.fi klo 20.45–21.00 LIVE Service C
MTV3 klo 22.30–22.40 Summary of a Day
MTV3 MAX klo 22.30–23.00 Summary of a Day
MTV3 klo 01.00–01.30 Summary of a Day

31.7. Saturday
Katsomo.fi klo 06.30–06.45 LIVE Service D
Katsomo.fi klo 09.35–10.35 LIVE helicopter SS 14
Katsomo.fi klo 11.00–11.15 LIVE Service E
Katsomo.fi klo 11.50–12.30 LIVE helicopter SS 15 ja 16
MTV3 klo 12.25–14.00 LIVE SS16: Himos
Katsomo.fi klo 14.00–15.00 LIVE helicopter SS 17
Katsomo.fi klo 15.05–15.35 LIVE Service F
MTV3 MAX klo 16.30–18.10 LIVE SS 19: Himos
Katsomo.fi klo 18.45–19.00 LIVE Service G
MTV3 klo 19.20–19.30 Summary of a Day
MTV3 MAX klo 19.25–20.15 LIVE Paviljonki
MTV3 MAX klo 22.35–23.05 Summary of a Day
MTV3 klo 00.25–00.55 Summary of a Day

1.8. Sunday
MTV3 MAX klo 17.10–18.10 WRC Neste Oil, Summary of a Rally

Source: http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/06/1146936

"MTV3 Katsomo use from foreign countries If you’re a foreign user you will notice that you are not given access to all of the material posted on this service. We are sorry for this, but it´s due to restricted rights for these programmes. MTV3 Katsomo is primarily for users located in Finland and many of the programmes are GEO-blocked to the territory of Finland. If you still would like to subscribe to this service you are naturally more than welcome, but you should be aware of these restrictions."

pino
21st June 2010, 19:00
Now it's confirmed, Kankkunen/Repo in NORF-10.

Excellent news...can't wait to see him in action live again :D

SubaruNorway
21st June 2010, 19:19
Hey
I've finaly decided to try and go on my own since no one can come with me from Norway.

So i was just wondering if anyone here knows of a good place to stay?
Waiting for a mail from Summerhotel Alkio 30km south of Jyvaskyla with some more information, would be nice to have WIFI so i can keep up with results and stuff :)

Hartusvuori
21st June 2010, 20:23
Hey
I've finaly decided to try and go on my own since no one can come with me from Norway.

So i was just wondering if anyone here knows of a good place to stay?
Waiting for a mail from Summerhotel Alkio 30km south of Jyvaskyla with some more information, would be nice to have WIFI so i can keep up with results and stuff :)

If and when you have a car Alkio-opisto at Korpilahti is pretty much a perfect place to stay during the rally - of course you miss night action at Jyväskylä (night action at Korpilahti is wayyy more hardcore ;) ). I've studied for a year at Alkio a decade ago and buildings were bit tired but okeyish (and as far as I know they've been renovated), but the area is cozy, peaceful and beautiful. Concerning the rally, it is very well located. You have good connections to stages on Friday morning (near Petäjävesi) and on Saturday near Jämsä. And of course shakedown. Perhaps a downside is that you must use road E9 pretty much always and that is always jammed during the rally. (I think there is short shortcut road to junction that leads to Petäjävesi that you can use without having to use E9). But traffic's something you have to deal with anyway. If the price is right, it's easy solution, I'd say.

DonJippo
21st June 2010, 21:51
would be nice to have WIFI so i can keep up with results and stuff :)

You can also buy a prepaid mobile USB broadband connection for your laptop. For example Saunalahti prepaid is 39€, it is valid for one month unlimited data transfer.

Rallyper
22nd June 2010, 10:25
What about road on SS14/17 at the start? Anyone know how the stage is there?
It´s new part first 6,5 km. :confused:

donlorean
22nd June 2010, 10:58
What about road on SS14/17 at the start? Anyone know how the stage is there?
It´s new part first 6,5 km. :confused:

Most of it is very fast and wide road. There is very beautiful places when road goes between two lakes... It was driven two year ago as road section before that same stage and we think then that it would be nice to drive in rally also... I don't remember any single places but spectacular driving for sure through that section... That stage is good from start to finish. One of my favorite in this rally...

SubaruNorway
22nd June 2010, 11:09
If and when you have a car Alkio-opisto at Korpilahti is pretty much a perfect place to stay during the rally - of course you miss night action at Jyväskylä (night action at Korpilahti is wayyy more hardcore ;) ). I've studied for a year at Alkio a decade ago and buildings were bit tired but okeyish (and as far as I know they've been renovated), but the area is cozy, peaceful and beautiful. Concerning the rally, it is very well located. You have good connections to stages on Friday morning (near Petäjävesi) and on Saturday near Jämsä. And of course shakedown. Perhaps a downside is that you must use road E9 pretty much always and that is always jammed during the rally. (I think there is short shortcut road to junction that leads to Petäjävesi that you can use without having to use E9). But traffic's something you have to deal with anyway. If the price is right, it's easy solution, I'd say.

Thanks for the information :) I like day action better than night action anyway so it's cool ;) And they have wireless there so everything seems very good, USB broadband has never been know to be very good anyway. Sucks in Norway atleast.

Juha_Koo
22nd June 2010, 17:14
USB broadband has never been know to be very good anyway. Sucks in Norway atleast.

Doesn't suck in Finland. :) Truly amazing networks here in Finland. I haven't found a place yet where my Elisa data connection would have failed - even in the middle of the forest in the middle of nowhere.

I'll guess I'll have to start my own spectator recce quite soon once again. It's going to be quite difficult trying to avoid all the traffic jams by using small roads that are longer in distance but then again shorter in time. Kinda tight schedule this year... Another challenge is once again finding those so called "places". ;)

jiipee64
22nd June 2010, 17:54
>>Doesn't suck in Finland. Truly amazing networks here in Finland. I haven't found a place yet where my Elisa data connection would have failed -
>>even in the middle of the forest in the middle of nowhere. :eek:

Sorry to say but We have had some problems with Elisa.
Only last week all data connections were lost for 2 hours in the middle of a working day only 10 km's from Jyväskylä. :evil:
Try to make budget for 2011 with no data??

Tomi
22nd June 2010, 18:04
whats the point to take a laptop to the stages in the first place, if you are a normal spectator?

SubaruNorway
22nd June 2010, 18:35
whats the point to take a laptop to the stages in the first place, if you are a normal spectator?

Update your facebook, check results, post video's from your video camera if you got something awesome and kill time between stages :)
Using your phone for all that is a bit costly i found out after Sweden...

I will have all wednesday to recce stages so hopefully i will find some good video spots ;) I'm thinking about Urria and Myhinpää both times and maybe midday service and the city stage Laajavuori if i can fit that in on friday anyway. Is Laajavuori tarmac only like the one i think i have seen from earlie days?

Hartusvuori
22nd June 2010, 18:47
I'm thinking about Urria and Myhinpää both times and maybe midday service and the city stage Laajavuori if i can fit that in on friday anyway. Is Laajavuori tarmac only like the one i think i have seen from earlie days?

Urria and Myhinpää might work well with a helicopter, but from the ground you have to make choices. Last year Myhinpää (ran on Sunday) had spectator's cars lined up for 4-5 kms at one point.

Laajavuori is not a tarmac stage. Try to search YouTube for previous years' shakedowns. It's pretty much the same stage. The tarmac only city stage that pretty much everybody wanted to see was Harju.

SubaruNorway
22nd June 2010, 20:16
Urria and Myhinpää might work well with a helicopter, but from the ground you have to make choices. Last year Myhinpää (ran on Sunday) had spectator's cars lined up for 4-5 kms at one point.

Laajavuori is not a tarmac stage. Try to search YouTube for previous years' shakedowns. It's pretty much the same stage. The tarmac only city stage that pretty much everybody wanted to see was Harju.

Yeah i think i have to calculate more time than in Sweden and Norway it seems, were it has been no problem to be there an hour before stage start. I'm fit so no problem walking a few k's ;)

Ok by the ski jump yeah, ran in the same direction too? I can't find out were this years shakedown is though?

Hartusvuori
22nd June 2010, 21:28
Yeah i think i have to calculate more time than in Sweden and Norway it seems, were it has been no problem to be there an hour before stage start. I'm fit so no problem walking a few k's ;)

Hour before first car is fine if you are choose a place that isn't an obvious hit. Urria for its infamous jump and Myhinpää for its infamous jumps are most likely the two most crowded stages on Friday. They're also quite far apart, so you must count some time for driving. It's possible to do 3-4 stages a day with good planning and lots of luck.

Laajavuori is by the ski jump hill, yes.

SubaruNorway
22nd June 2010, 21:57
Hour before first car is fine if you are choose a place that isn't an obvious hit. Urria for its infamous jump and Myhinpää for its infamous jumps are most likely the two most crowded stages on Friday. They're also quite far apart, so you must count some time for driving. It's possible to do 3-4 stages a day with good planning and lots of luck.

Laajavuori is by the ski jump hill, yes.

Yeah i saw that they were far appart but if you want to get 4 stages and move only once it's ok i guess. Sorry i haven't been paying attention to the thread before now so i saw you posted the shakedown location earlier. I assume that is the stage start, so that it runs north in some way?
http://maps.google.fi/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fi&geocode=&q=rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+muurame&sll=62.593341,27.575684&sspn=15.165609,39.506836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+40950+Muurame&z=13&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=62.164105,25.615603&panoid=CcDQ6H8QNlppVMsiXxDskg&cbp=12,36.21,,0,8.27

Street view in the forest is brilliant :D

Wim_Impreza
23rd June 2010, 07:27
NORF will be the only WRC round that I will really follow this year, especially when one of my all time favourites Kankkunen drives again. :)

Hartusvuori
23rd June 2010, 09:41
Yeah i saw that they were far appart but if you want to get 4 stages and move only once it's ok i guess. Sorry i haven't been paying attention to the thread before now so i saw you posted the shakedown location earlier. I assume that is the stage start, so that it runs north in some way?
http://maps.google.fi/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fi&geocode=&q=rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+muurame&sll=62.593341,27.575684&sspn=15.165609,39.506836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rannankyl%C3%A4ntie,+40950+Muurame&z=13&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=62.164105,25.615603&panoid=CcDQ6H8QNlppVMsiXxDskg&cbp=12,36.21,,0,8.27

Street view in the forest is brilliant :D

I rechecked the initeary and perhaps you're right, at least there's a fair chance to reach from Urria 2 (first car 10.06) to get to Myhinpää 1 (1st car 15.36). I recalled the two stages would've been closer to each other. On previous years Friday's initeary have been much tighter, for example last year Friday's last proper started around 15.00 whereas now Myhinpää 2 starts 18.00.

The link to shakedown road leads to the middle of the road. As far as I know it's the right road, but the shakedown stage starts right at the E9 highway.

Tension is growing. I've only been growing it up for about a year now...

atsiotras79
23rd June 2010, 12:40
He will be in Rally Estonia two weeks earlier and there are rumors that he might be there with Skoda Fabia S2000 car and if it is like that then he will be in Finland with the same car.

He will do Estonia and Finland with Fiesta S2000!

A.F.F.
24th June 2010, 11:12

Are you there Hartusvuori ??

Say hello to Pino and me at breakfast if you stay at Alkio. I've been there for last four years now. Excellent location and proper rooms and it's relatively cheap considering it's rally weekend :up:

A.F.F.
24th June 2010, 11:14
Update your facebook, check results, post video's from your video camera if you got something awesome and kill time between stages :)

I don't get it. How's that different from using your laptop? I mean the costs?

SubaruNorway
24th June 2010, 11:23
I don't get it. How's that different from using your laptop? I mean the costs?
Maybe not so much difference if i would rent a USB broadband for 39 euros, but atleast it's 10 times faster and better than using your phone. But i have WIFI at the hotel so don't need it really. I will post some little video's each day if i have time :)

Hartusvuori
24th June 2010, 11:27
Are you there Hartusvuori ??

Say hello to Pino and me at breakfast if you stay at Alkio. I've been there for last four years now. Excellent location and proper rooms and it's relatively cheap considering it's rally weekend :up:

I'll stay at Jämsä because that's where I'm from, but if forumers arrange some get-together, perhaps I'll manage to get there. But only perhaps, because it's rally first, like always :-)

Rallyper
24th June 2010, 14:21
I'll stay at Jämsä because that's where I'm from, but if forumers arrange some get-together, perhaps I'll manage to get there. But only perhaps, because it's rally first, like always :-)

How about some get together thing Saturday night in Jyväskylä? Just name a place where we could get together and then go on down to Rally HQ for more partying?

Maybe you native finns know best place?

SubaruNorway
26th June 2010, 20:13
Why are no A8 cars on the entry list?

Juha_Koo
26th June 2010, 20:32
After a few beers it just crossed my mind that I could possibly provide accomodation (basically for free) from one to three persons at my grandfather's summerhouse/sauna located just few kilometres from this year's SS12 and it's rather easy to get to other stages too just once you plan a bit beforehand and have your rally map with you.

It would be ideal if you would be British or Spanish because my military service ends in the beginning of October and I've thought visiting Rally de Espana or Wales Rally GB this year. Maybe you could accomodate me and my father then... ;)

Daniel
26th June 2010, 21:21
After a few beers it just crossed my mind that I could possibly provide accomodation (basically for free) from one to three persons at my grandfather's summerhouse/sauna located just few kilometres from this year's SS12 and it's rather easy to get to other stages too just once you plan a bit beforehand and have your rally map with you.

It would be ideal if you would be British or Spanish because my military service ends in the beginning of October and I've thought visiting Rally de Espana or Wales Rally GB this year. Maybe you could accomodate me and my father then... ;)
It's a pity that I live in North Wales as I'd take you up on your offer. But North Wales is a hell of a distance from South Wales when you're driving.....

DonJippo
27th June 2010, 00:15

Maybe KKK was not the only "surprise" on the entrylist...?

janvanvurpa
27th June 2010, 03:08

I will have all wednesday to recce stages so hopefully i will find some good video spots ;) I'm thinking about Urria and Myhinpää both times and maybe midday service and the city stage Laajavuori if i can fit that in on friday anyway. Is Laajavuori tarmac only like the one i think i have seen from earlie days?

Exactly, how could anybody expect people to hike out in the forest and just look at cars blazing by AND talk to people!!!??

What an outrageous idea...

It CAN'T BE DONE!

Hej Tomi, what are you? a Dinosaur??

Hartusvuori
27th June 2010, 12:03
How about some get together thing Saturday night in Jyväskylä? Just name a place where we could get together and then go on down to Rally HQ for more partying?

Maybe you native finns know best place?

Saturday night is out of question for me, but I can't speak for others.

Entries close on Tuesday so don't worry. Besides there is one A8 car on the list: Tapper's diesel Seat :)

Tomi
27th June 2010, 13:39
Hej Tomi, what are you? a Dinosaur??

I guess I am, I dont see the point in why spoil a good rally by bringng all kind of crap, you have to worrie about with you to the forest, if you are not doing it for work its a different thing.

SubaruNorway
27th June 2010, 14:07
I guess I am, I dont see the point in why spoil a good rally by bringng all kind of crap, you have to worrie about with you to the forest, if you are not doing it for work its a different thing.

I'm young so I'm used to computers, and it's not going to spoil my rally bringing my laptop there... So don't worrie ;)

J4MIE
27th June 2010, 15:03
As usual would be good to meet up with you guys at some point but I am looking for a hotel somewhere on the way towards Helsinki (if anyone has any suggestions...) on Saturday night so would have to be a previous day.

ProRally
27th June 2010, 15:52
Arrive in Helsinki wednesday evening, then fly to Jyvaskyla thursday morning, hope to be at the service park by midday.
Going out sunday morning.
Going to be a good event I hope.

janvanvurpa
27th June 2010, 20:06

Well that makes two.
My sweet wifey dear was pissed off at me once when I was fighting with some suspension fitment problems and see got all confused and wanted to call me a dinosaur and a grouch and it came out "You're such a grinosaur!"

I don't even have mobile phone....
Somehow I manage to struggle by in life...8)

Rallyper
28th June 2010, 11:03
Well that makes two.
My sweet wifey dear was pissed off at me once when I was fighting with some suspension fitment problems and see got all confused and wanted to call me a dinosaur and a grouch and it came out "You're such a grinosaur!"

I don't even have mobile phone....
Somehow I manage to struggle by in life...8)

At least you have internet.... :D

garais22
29th June 2010, 09:12
Can some one tell me, if SS starts for example in 15:00, then in what time the SS closes for spectators? (I want to drive with a car and stay in place, which look nice), but how many hours before SS will close?

Thanks

Hartusvuori
29th June 2010, 10:40
Can some one tell me, if SS starts for example in 15:00, then in what time the SS closes for spectators? (I want to drive with a car and stay in place, which look nice), but how many hours before SS will close?

Thanks

I haven't seen yet the exact closure times for this year, but usually it is around 3 hours before 1st car. You can see last year's closure times scrolling down this link (http://yle.fi/alueet/keski-suomi/mm-ralli/2009/07/ralli_muuttaa_liikenteen_kulkua_keski-suomessa_865831.html) a bit (Table for "Metsäerikoiskokeiden sulkuajat", stage name on the left, closure time on the right) and then compare it to 1st car times from the itinerary (http://juwra.com/finland_2009_itinerary.html).

donlorean
29th June 2010, 11:00

Thanks

Last year those closing times came in rally website before rally. I didn't found them yet so check it later. Usually they close roads quite early.

janneppi
29th June 2010, 14:29
Apparently there is some kind of a rally in finland coming soon ;) , I might have to try and visit some stages on that saturday.

harriswrc
29th June 2010, 22:37
The entry period has passed so next days we should have the final entries.

Pity that they have to update the entries on official site from 18/6, as previous years they updated the list daily. :(

donlorean
30th June 2010, 07:45
The entry period has passed so next days we should have the final entries.

Pity that they have to update the entries on official site from 18/6, as previous years they updated the list daily. :(

I think that the reason why they don't update that list is that there is much more entries that that 90. They have to leave so many drivers out of the rally and that is big problem for them. Regulations said that entry list will be published tomorrow so lets see...

Lunna
30th June 2010, 08:47
Hello!
My friends and I want to visit Rally Finland this year. I know it's I little late to start booking but there're still some options:
1) Summer Hotel Rentukka in Jyväskylä
2) cottage in Himos (but it seems to me that stages from the first day and morning stages of the second day are too far from there)
3) Summer Hotel Alkio (but it's a little more expensive then previous two)
4) cottage http://www.piesalanlomamokit.fi/page004.html (I'm not sure if it is a good location – is it better then Himos or not?)
So maybe you can give some advices (it will be my first rally))).
I also found one apartment at Jyväskylä Booking but it's not comfortable enough (only 3 beds for 4 pax.))), so maybe anybody know web-site where I could book an apartment in Jyväskylä?
Thanks!

Hartusvuori
30th June 2010, 09:22
1) Summer Hotel Rentukka in Jyväskylä

That is at the university student village or what you could call it. Student rooms. Very close to Laajavuori stage (= all exits will be jammed on Thursday and Friday evenings). It's around 45 minute walk to the service park. Location is good, also if you are interested in the after rally partying.

2) cottage in Himos (but it seems to me that stages from the first day and morning stages of the second day are too far from there)

Friday's morning loop isn't that far away from Himos (=Jämsä), evening loop is on the other side of Jyväskylä sure. You've got to remember that last stage of the rally Himos will be ran just where you would be staying. Also Surkee and Leustu are just 10-20 kms away. There's also the after rally partying factor.

3) Summer Hotel Alkio (but it's a little more expensive then previous two)

This place has been discussed already in this topic. I'd say go. It's well located, good connections and peaceful.

4) cottage http://www.piesalanlomamokit.fi/page004.html (I'm not sure if it is a good location – is it better then Himos or not?)

This kind of cottages comes in numbers. The best ones are reserved one year in advance. I don't know about this one.

I also found one apartment at Jyväskylä Booking but it's not comfortable enough (only 3 beds for 4 pax.))), so maybe anybody know web-site where I could book an apartment in Jyväskylä?
Thanks!

Jyväskylä Booking might be the best place to search for flats, at least I can't think of anything better right now. You could also look around for cottages near Keuruu, Laukaa or Petäjävesi, they'd be well-located as well, if you are moving around in a car.

Hartusvuori
30th June 2010, 12:37
Gardemeister in Fiesta S2000 comfirmed.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/06/1150352

Fri
30th June 2010, 13:30
In english:
http://www.tonigardemeister.com/news.php

Hartusvuori
30th June 2010, 15:03
I think that the reason why they don't update that list is that there is much more entries that that 90. They have to leave so many drivers out of the rally and that is big problem for them. Regulations said that entry list will be published tomorrow so lets see...

One driver on the Finnish ralli.net forum said they were left out, so it'll be the maximum number of entries. Tomorrow we'll know for sure.

Any rumours of WRC privateers?

donlorean
30th June 2010, 15:38
All cars from class A5 and N2 are out of the rally...That is about 8 car's.

Lunna
30th June 2010, 21:21
This kind of cottages comes in numbers. The best ones are reserved one year in advance. I don't know about this one.
The cottage addresses are:
1) Multiantie 830 , 41240 Kyynämöinen (Uurainen)
2) Talasniemi 20, 41710 Rutalahti
3) http://www.marjoniemenpoukama.fi/en_index.php?id=en_ajo-ohje

If I'm right these three places are near Uurainen.
So what's best located Uurainen or Jämsä (if we decide to stay in cottage)?
Thanks for your answers!

wolverine
1st July 2010, 06:23
Hallo. Are there any interesting places on Sirrkamaki stage? There have to be some, when so short stage is on the schedule…Does anybody know the stage? Thanks.

Hartusvuori
1st July 2010, 06:31
The cottage addresses are:
1) Multiantie 830 , 41240 Kyynämöinen (Uurainen)
2) Talasniemi 20, 41710 Rutalahti
3) http://www.marjoniemenpoukama.fi/en_index.php?id=en_ajo-ohje

If I'm right these three places are near Uurainen.
So what's best located Uurainen or Jämsä (if we decide to stay in cottage)?
Thanks for your answers!

The second one is on the other side of Lake Päijänne, kind of nowhere near Uurainen. You've got to decide for yourself. Take a look at the stage maps and you realise that compromises must be made. On Friday, sure Uurainen is okey, but on Saturday, Jämsä would be better - but still Uurainen is not a bad option I guess. It's just that Uurainen is a small town and Jämsä is slightly less small town.

pantealex
1st July 2010, 12:32
Rally Guide 2 Published

http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/en/competitors/

Rally Guide 2
http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-07-01T11-11-57253.pdf

DonJippo
1st July 2010, 15:16
List of entries published http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-07-01T16-23-05253.pdf

pantealex
1st July 2010, 15:16
List of Entries Accepted by the Organiser
http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-07-01T16-23-05253.pdf

15xWRC
17xS2000

Rallyper
1st July 2010, 15:22
Great stuff!! :) :)

And Gardemeister/Alén back in Fiestas!!

Barreis
1st July 2010, 15:26
Nice list..

Koppomsbo
1st July 2010, 15:27
Me like :D Cant wait to get out in the forest :)

Tomi
1st July 2010, 15:34
The only name I want to see in the updated lists. Salo is there though, and hopefully we get Joonas as well.

the list looks better now. :)

Hartusvuori
1st July 2010, 15:41
the list looks better now. :)

Oh yeah! Quite an entry, especially with group N cars + Kankkunen. I would've like to see some more privateers in WRCs (like Ketomaa and Rantanen in previous years), but this suits more than fine. 102 in total by my count, lots to watch.

Allar
1st July 2010, 16:09
Only Tänak from Estonia. I hoped we can se more Estonians in Finland like Gross or Kaur.

But its first PWRC event for PSD programme and i hope Tänak dont crash on 3th day again.

Tomi
1st July 2010, 16:18
Oh yeah! Quite an entry, especially with group N cars + Kankkunen. I would've like to see some more privateers in WRCs (like Ketomaa and Rantanen in previous years), but this suits more than fine. 102 in total by my count, lots to watch.

Yes grN looks quite good, but i think its better Rantanen drives same kind of car as his pontential rivals for future seats, even he wont have a chance.

Mirek
1st July 2010, 16:21
Really nice netry list!

RS
1st July 2010, 16:40
Good entry.

Regarding Alen; is this his first drive of the year or has he done anything else since being dropped by Fiat?

DonJippo
1st July 2010, 17:51
i hope Tänak dont crash on 3th day again.

As there really is only 2 days of rallying he has a good chance of not crashing on 3rd day :p

dimviii
1st July 2010, 17:58
Νikkara with 207 s2ooo :eek:

Like to see thais entry!
Do we know which team is car from?

pantealex
1st July 2010, 18:18
Νikkara with 207 s2ooo :eek:

Like to see thais entry!
Do we know which team is car from?

Probably Ari Laivola´s 207 (ex.Tuohino, ex.Hiltunen, ex.PeugeotSweden car)

Hartusvuori
1st July 2010, 21:22
How do you think Salo, Lindroos and Flodin will pace against the S2000 stars?

Hipo1990
1st July 2010, 21:42
very interesting is number 95! Miika Salonen in Impreza 555 A8!

dimviii
1st July 2010, 21:53

Too many good drivers with s2000 cars..
Hanninen.Garde,Ketomaa,Rantanen,PGA.
Dont think have chances against them without problems.

Tomi
1st July 2010, 21:54

It should be an easy job for Ketomaa in S2000, he has much experience from Jyväskylä, else too he has been showing ok driving in the S2000, hopefully Lindroos shows potential, and I belive he will.

Allar
2nd July 2010, 00:24
I think Salo cant do anithing aginst S2000 but Lindroos, Foldin and Tänak can beat them on some faster stages. Ofcorse Ketomaa is hard to beat in finland.

Hartusvuori
2nd July 2010, 06:56
It should be an easy job for Ketomaa in S2000, he has much experience from Jyväskylä, else too he has been showing ok driving in the S2000, hopefully Lindroos shows potential, and I belive he will.

This really is a big rally for Lindroos. He must glad now that he did Vetomies race last year and got to drive many of the stages that are again used this year. This will be only his second time in NORF if I recall it right. First time was around 2004 when he was about 19 years old and was 4th or 5th in GrN until broken tyre did more damage to his car on Sunday.

I don't think either that trad GrN cars have a chance against the top S2000 cars, but on stages and on some drivers, GrN top 3 will be faster than S2000s. This will be also another chance to compare Lindroos' pace against Tänak's pace. In a way Tänak as a PSD driver is driving where Lindroos could've been, but of course Lindroos made a crucial mistake in the shootout.

Now let's just hope they won't all retire on Friday's morning loop...

Also, about WRCs, will be very interesting to see how Ogier will perform. Last year he improved his pace a lot after Saturday morning. This year it could be frighteningly flat out from the word go. If Hirvonen is not leading the rally before the 1st service, it'll be game over for him. About Latvala, he's still a caged beast (hopefully :) ), so anything above 5th will be good. But this year I have perhaps the strongest gut feeling that a Finn won't win. Oh my oh my... is there a rally in Bulgaria before this or...?

DonJippo
2nd July 2010, 09:56
I think Salo cant do anithing aginst S2000 but Lindroos, Foldin and Tänak can beat them on some faster stages.

I think you are wrong Juha Salo will be fighting for the win in GrN and if someone driving GrN can beat S2000 on any stage he is #1 canditate for that.

Lunna
2nd July 2010, 10:33
Take a look at the stage maps and you realise that compromises must be made.
I understand ))) OK, for now I found a free cottage in Riihivuori Holiday Village. It's just 20 km from Jyväskylä so we decided to book it. Hope it'll be a nice choice.

Tomi
2nd July 2010, 11:30
Also, about WRCs, will be very interesting to see how Ogier will perform. Last year he improved his pace a lot after Saturday morning. This year it could be frighteningly flat out from the word go. If Hirvonen is not leading the rally before the 1st service, it'll be game over for him. About Latvala, he's still a caged beast (hopefully :) ), so anything above 5th will be good. But this year I have perhaps the strongest gut feeling that a Finn won't win. Oh my oh my... is there a rally in Bulgaria before this or...?

I would not be much surprised if Ogier would win, atleast he will be close in the front with Hirvonen and Loeb, the rest will be more or less fighting for positions outside the podium.

SubaruNorway
3rd July 2010, 12:34
What's the #1 jump to see this year? :)

A.F.F.
3rd July 2010, 14:03

Pino jumping over a ditch ;)

Juha_Koo
3rd July 2010, 14:53

A very difficult question indeed. One jump I can say is not worth visiting is Leustu's "Visala jump" aka the place where Novikov almost made a backflip. Our group was there last year on the first run through, and it quite wasn't what I had expected. Just a few bigger jumps, others just cruising over it. The jump is so obvious that everyone have it in their notes. Plus the visibility wasn't exactly optimal... My first failed spectating place in a very long time.

But after that jump there are few *very* high speed corners over long crests that might be great to see. :) Some always mention the very long right hander that tightens a little bit (just before the Visala jump) but I don't know, the road is so wide that there's so much room for error.

Himos has one pretty crazy "hide jump" on the small road and I'm really considering going there this year as usually I've always tried to avoid Himos at any cost but thanks to Kolonkulma and Väärinmaja being driven in the morning and not in the afternoon as they have used to, there really isn't much choices...

Rallyper
3rd July 2010, 16:10
Juha_Koo:

Where is that hide jump on Himos? I´ve also discovered the dificulti in planning Saturday and think Himos is the best option in the afternoon.

How about the wide road from Vaheri up to the junction right and smaller road? Was used last year sas well but don´t remember any situations there, or?

Juha_Koo
3rd July 2010, 16:37
Juha_Koo:

Where is that hide jump on Himos? I´ve also discovered the dificulti in planning Saturday and think Himos is the best option in the afternoon.

How about the wide road from Vaheri up to the junction right and smaller road? Was used last year sas well but don´t remember any situations there, or?

If I can recall correctly it's just on that small road that begins after that junction 90 right from road from Vaheri... I have to drive thru the stage to locate it properly. I'm just thinking should I do one helluva long recce loop thru nearly all possible spectating stages or split them for seperate weekends. :p

Thinking back last year when I (co-)drove some parts of the stage the wide road has some pretty nice flowing places but then again there aren't many acces roads and Himos area is notorious from all kinds of private roads that have gates to prevent passage...

SubaruNorway
3rd July 2010, 17:02
I'm pretty sure there is a good quality inboard of Urria on Aava's website but i can't get past the intro
http://www.urmoaava2009.ee/

SubaruNorway
3rd July 2010, 19:23
Novikov's jump in Leustu at 3.07min. But the jump at the start of the inboard looks interesting, and that's just after the start i assume since the stagetime was 10:12.6 in 2007 and inboard is 10min.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAk4oRPvZXo&feature=related

And the jump at Himos you're talking about, is that at 1.15min then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5-6XkLNyY

Juha_Koo
3rd July 2010, 19:52
Novikov's jump in Leustu at 3.07min. But the jump at the start of the inboard looks interesting, and that's just after the start i assume since the stagetime was 10:12.6 in 2007 and inboard is 10min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5-6XkLNyY

Yes, that jump is just some few hundred meters from the start of Leustu. Don't know how other than WRC cars fly there...

The first tighter corner is that "vasen nopee..7..vasen hidas" combination at 00:34-00:41. A nice wood guardrail there on the outside. Shame that there's a possibility to cut and the corner isn't WC... :s mokin:

About Himos, no, that's not the jump I'm talking about. Or atleast it doesn't look like it at all...

Rallyper
3rd July 2010, 22:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5-6XkLNyY[/quote]

This Himos stage is not starting from the point it was in 2005 on the film. So the sequence is not from 2005.

In 2005 they started as this year and the first 8-10k is on wider gravel roads.

SubaruNorway
3rd July 2010, 22:44
Must be 2004 then maybe. Here's the 2008 version, that jump at 2.45min in this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtAg4UaE--Q&feature=related

Can't say that i can spot any crazy jumps. But if i remember right at 20sec is where many cars went off a year or two ago.

Rallyper
3rd July 2010, 22:48
Must be 2004 then maybe. Here's the 2008 version, that jump at 2.45min in this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtAg4UaE--Q&feature=related

Can't say that i can spot any crazy jumps. But if i remember right at 20sec is where many cars went off a year or two ago.

Yeah, that was in 2008 they went off after about 300m into stage. I was there.
But that year wasn´t same in the beginning as in 2009 and this year as well so still we have to search...

Juha_Koo
4th July 2010, 00:55
Can't say that i can spot any crazy jumps.

I have to admit that the word "crazy" was maybe a bit too "harsh"... :D But it was big enough jump to break Nikara's PSD Evo X and cause "additional program" for many drivers.

I'll drive thru Himos next weekend and find this son of a jump. :s mokin:

donlorean
4th July 2010, 15:39
2005 start of Himos was few meters after, or just top of that jump. That place is about 1 or 2 km from that right junction that you were talking about...

Rallyper
5th July 2010, 16:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5-6XkLNyY[/quote]

This clip is referring to year 2005, but I have compared incar to that years Himos and it looked at first as 2007, but no.

2006 I don´t find the map so can´t compare.

It´s a mystery still...

Hartusvuori
11th July 2010, 10:49
http://www.ksml.fi/multimedia/dynamic/00147/Kopio_laajavuoren_r_147549b.jpg

Preparations are being made at SSS Laajavuori. The stage begins with 380 metres of this narrow, new tarmac road and then it'll continue as previous years stage/shakedown. Picture taken from Ksml.fi (http://www.ksml.fi/uutiset/valitut/rallia-rinteess%C3%A4/579897) (pays to read the article), thanks to Miika for pointing at it.

11th July 2010, 10:55
Seems like something different!

Barreis
11th July 2010, 11:14
They should asphalt all this roads 'cos king is coming.. xd

Juha_Koo
11th July 2010, 11:43
Guys, it's just two full weeks...! ;)

I checked out the new shakedown yesterday. A very nice and fast road but I have to say not very spectator friendly...

Hartusvuori
11th July 2010, 11:53
Guys, it's just two full weeks...! ;)

I checked out the new shakedown yesterday. A very nice and fast road but I have to say not very spectator friendly...

You mean bushes, short vision? Any tips where to go, you can PM me, if you like. I'm afraid I don't after all have any time to recce stages before shakedown.

11th July 2010, 13:09
You mean bushes, short vision? Any tips where to go, you can PM me, if you like. I'm afraid I don't after all have any time to recce stages before shakedown.

I'll be at shake too, hvrnto try and find a good spot somewhere

ProRally
11th July 2010, 14:12
Like always, I stay at the service park near the tracking screens :D
Staying at Cumulus hotel near the service park.

Hartusvuori
12th July 2010, 13:12
Provisional seeded entry list
http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-07-12T14-48-43253.pdf

N.O.T
12th July 2010, 14:15
the s2000 battle is going to be very nice to watch.

Allar
12th July 2010, 16:07
http://areena.yle.fi/video/1134513

Onboard video of this alf tarmac stage.

Rallyper
12th July 2010, 17:10
Great!
They really managed to make Lajavuori even more interesting! :)

N.O.T
12th July 2010, 17:11
the road is way too narrow though, i doubt drivers will risk anything there with gravel tyres.

janvanvurpa
12th July 2010, 17:24
Provisional seeded entry list
http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2010-07-12T14-48-43253.pdf

OH NOSE!
NO Rally Stupor-star Ken "Rally God" Block!!!!!!!

Why no BLOCKIE?
Have you dam Finns done something to his entry?
'Fraid of a litter competition?

I want to see American dominate you guys again just like early 90s when Tim O'Neil kicked your tails... (I'd really like to see stage times for WRC when American O'neil was entered in VW Synchro.... PLEASE!!!)

jbmarcus21
12th July 2010, 17:33
Program and Google Earth Map of NORF 2010 http://planetemarcus.free.fr/finlande10.htm

ProRally
12th July 2010, 17:54
OH NOSE!
NO Rally Stupor-star Ken "Rally God" Block!!!!!!!

Why no BLOCKIE?
Have you dam Finns done something to his entry?
'Fraid of a litter competition?

I want to see American dominate you guys again just like early 90s when Tim O'Neil kicked your tails... (I'd really like to see stage times for WRC when American O'neil was entered in VW Synchro.... PLEASE!!!)

He HAS to do X Games in LA same weekend, THAT brings in the $$'s he needs to go to WRC !!!!!
He would love to do WRC Finland but this one is not possible.....

Barreis
12th July 2010, 18:05
Maybe it's too quick but that's how it is with Finland.. Only the best are doing good there..

janvanvurpa
13th July 2010, 07:15
He HAS to do X Games in LA same weekend, THAT brings in the $$'s he needs to go to WRC !!!!!
He would love to do WRC Finland but this one is not possible.....

Right, how could I forget!!!???
The best drivers in the WHOLE WORLD all gathered in one parking lot racing at speeds up to 60 or even 70 km/hr!!!
HOURS of reality TV for 3-4 minutes of edge of the seat thrills---how could I forget?

Why isn't Loeb and Lat-hund-valla and Raikonen and Hirovonen and gronholm at the Hex-games???

Couldn't they move the date for Ralli-Suomi, that should be easy enough...

ProRally
13th July 2010, 08:15
Right, how could I forget!!!???
The best drivers in the WHOLE WORLD all gathered in one parking lot racing at speeds up to 60 or even 70 km/hr!!!
HOURS of reality TV for 3-4 minutes of edge of the seat thrills---how could I forget?

Why isn't Loeb and Lat-hund-valla and Raikonen and Hirovonen and gronholm at the Hex-games???

Couldn't they move the date for Ralli-Suomi, that should be easy enough...

I know , I know, but that pays the bills.... :D :D :D
Not so much different anymore from playing on a huge parking or driving 2 stages in the morning and the same 2 in the afternoon as in Bulgaria....
:D :D

waxi1
15th July 2010, 10:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8TaycOZik

Patwrc
15th July 2010, 11:05
All the best for Petter and Chris in Finland. Eventhough it's only their 2nd rally together.

janvanvurpa
16th July 2010, 02:14
Did they move the dates for Ralli Finland yet so it doesn't clash with the EX-games?
They still have time and then they could get all the American rally Gods over for some real action!
Hope springs eternal!

ProRally
16th July 2010, 07:30
Did they move the dates for Ralli Finland yet so it doesn't clash with the EX-games?
They still have time and then they could get all the American rally Gods over for some real action!
Hope springs eternal!

haha good one :D :D :D
I was at the first X Games 12 in 2006 when 'rally racing' was part of the event the first time.
Rally Finland this year is 60th edition....
60 years ago the only one dreaming of rally in the USA was John Buffum :D :D

There is more action in 1 Rally Finland then there is 50 X Games

just joking around like you....

Daniel
16th July 2010, 07:46
I was at the first X Games 12 in 2006 when 'rally racing' was part of the event the first time.

I've always found this American concept of racing rallies against each other to be interesting

Carlo
16th July 2010, 09:31
I've always found this American concept of racing rallies against each other to be interesting

As you would.

SubaruNorway
17th July 2010, 14:27
Anybody able to mark out shakedown on a map in paint or something?

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 16:10
Anybody able to mark out shakedown on a map in paint or something?

Just outside west of Valkola.

SubaruNorway
17th July 2010, 16:44
Just outside west of Valkola.

I know the area it is, but the exact start and stop of the stage would be nice to have.

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 17:46
I know the area it is, but the exact start and stop of the stage would be nice to have.
I have a pic but don´t know how to upload it... you know old people and computers :o

Tomi
17th July 2010, 18:00
I have a pic but don´t know how to upload it... you know old people and computers :o

lol, many newely born thinks they are experts what comes to computers, after they use computers 25 years in work everyday, they might understand its only a tool, nothing more.

SubaruNorway
17th July 2010, 18:27

On your pc? upload it here http://raceinfo.no/
And post the link you get.

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 18:36
On your pc? upload it here http://raceinfo.no/
And post the link you get.

Done!!! I feel proud of myself (hope it did succeed). :cool:

Hartusvuori
17th July 2010, 19:33
Shakedown starts at 62 10.606N 25 40.719E and ends at 62 09.690N 25 38.186E, says the spectators' guide.

Mise
17th July 2010, 20:19
17 S2000 cars. Really looking forward to see:
- How Hänninen does against S-WRC drivers to see the speed of IRC
- Garde and Alen against S-WRC drivers and Hänninen
- Juha Salo (gN Evo X) against S2000 drivers
- Flodin (Impreza WRX Sti) vs Salo in a battle of group N
- What's the pace of Jarkko Nikara on his 207 S2000

And of course much more

SubaruNorway
17th July 2010, 21:18
Done!!! I feel proud of myself (hope it did succeed). :cool:

Hehe, if you had remembered to post the link on here ;)

SubaruNorway
17th July 2010, 21:25
Shakedown starts at 62 10.606N 25 40.719E and ends at 62 09.690N 25 38.186E, says the spectators' guide.

Ok thanks, just copy and past to google maps to view that if you don't have a gps at hand. Are the maps in the magazine good size?

I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but i was reading through the documents of the rally and it said that the ten fastest on ss1 will be able to chose their starting order on friday morning :)

Rallyper
17th July 2010, 21:44
Hehe, if you had remembered to post the link on here ;)
http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/tn_SD_Fin_10_1.gif
:o :o

Hartusvuori
18th July 2010, 08:35
I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but i was reading through the documents of the rally and it said that the ten fastest on ss1 will be able to chose their starting order on friday morning :)

That had been changed since and it won't happen. Leg 1 on Friday will start in seeded order. On SSS1 Laajavuori 1 priority drivers will drive in reversed order (meaning, I think, Gardemeister, Alen and Lindroos for example driving the stage just after Ogier and Loeb). Also, due to the stage being broadcasted live (MTV3 MAX, pay tv) organizers get to decide which drivers are being sent to the stage with a 2-minute interval, which with a 1-minute interval.

Are the maps in the magazine good size?

Spectators' guide (€10, from newstands comes with previous issue of VM magazine and some DVD, but that's in Finnish, so...it looks like this (http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/images/2010-07-15T11-35_-825674393_105.jpg)) has one big map with the overview of the area. It is size of a eight A8 sheets. There's no scale mentioned outright and "I'm no geologist" (in a Bosse voice). One cm is about 3k's in the map. The map have worked well in the past, but if your driving alone, it could get difficult to handle and for sure it will be in about eight pieces by the Friday evening ;-)

In the spectators' guide magazine itself there are two pages on each stage with about 10x15cm map of the stage with spectators points, parking areas, no-go zones, etc. marked to the map. Also the start and the end of the stages are mentioned in GPS codes like above.

There are also stage descriptions and spectators' point descriptions in English, also information on how to get there in English.

One positive side, slightly small detail but a useful, on this years' guide is that on most of the parking areas it is stated whether it's roadside or field parking (= fields usually means less walking if you're late). However they've not translated that info into English, so write up: "Peltoparkki" means parking in a field, "Tienvarsipysäköinti" means parking roadside. Remember to keep some change for parking, they usually cost around €3-5 to park.

Other info on the spectators' guide is mostly in Finnish but there are briefs in English on every usuful - and perhaps not so useful - information.

Oh - and bring on a small FM radio to hear the rally radio broadcast. That is the soundtrack of the 1000 Lakes. Though there will be thousands of radios in the forest already, so you can't away from it anyway...

Only news the guide brought on the event is that there should some kind of historic rally cars parade to honour the 60th jubileum nature of the event. There are no list of cars or drivers, but I guess it'll be mostly 60s and 70s cars. Those cars will drive through the stages noncompetively some 120-90 minutes before 1st WRC car. They appear on SS1 on Thursday, SS7, SS8 and SS11 on Friday and SS15 and SS16 on Saturday. I would've hoped they'd run the stages between a stage that'll run twice but seems to be not the case. Perhaps the roads are thought to get too rutted.

I hope this helped.

18th July 2010, 08:51
Im heading to Finland next week for the Rally, really looking forward to it. Any suggestions on what to pack? We have been told to pack some insect repellent due to the insects around the water..

Hartusvuori
18th July 2010, 09:07
Im heading to Finland next week for the Rally, really looking forward to it. Any suggestions on what to pack? We have been told to pack some insect repellent due to the insects around the water..

This picture will help... (http://www.ralli.net/rnet/modules.php?op=modload&name=4nAlbum&file=index&do=showpic&pid=65&orderby=dateD)

There have been a lot of mosquitos this summer due to a lot of snow last winter, so yes, they can get to your nerves. In an open place in the sun the mosquites disappaer, but then you get the horse flies that are far more aggressive. But you can buy repellents from any grocery store or pharmacy (if you need a sensitive one, and cortison to cure the rash) in Finland, though of course you can bring in your own. OFF is the most popular brand. Those smoking spirals work well too, but don't start a forest fire!

What to pack is a big one. Two things you should prepare yourself for are the early mornings and if it rains. First stages of the morning run early and it can get well below 10 degrees then. The rally is organised at propably the best time of Finnish summer and last years the weather has been nice (meaning no rain, some 20-30 degrees in the sun), but in case of rain you better have rain clothes.

If you have more questions, you can PM me.

SubaruNorway
18th July 2010, 10:08
That had been changed since and it won't happen. Leg 1 on Friday will start in seeded order. On SSS1 Laajavuori 1 priority drivers will drive in reversed order (meaning, I think, Gardemeister, Alen and Lindroos for example driving the stage just after Ogier and Loeb). Also, due to the stage being broadcasted live (MTV3 MAX, pay tv) organizers get to decide which drivers are being sent to the stage with a 2-minute interval, which with a 1-minute interval.

Spectators' guide (€10, from newstands comes with previous issue of VM magazine and some DVD, but that's in Finnish, so...it looks like this (http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/images/2010-07-15T11-35_-825674393_105.jpg)) has one big map with the overview of the area. It is size of a eight A8 sheets. There's no scale mentioned outright and "I'm no geologist" (in a Bosse voice). One cm is about 3k's in the map. The map have worked well in the past, but if your driving alone, it could get difficult to handle and for sure it will be in about eight pieces by the Friday evening ;-)

Strange that they changed that since it seemed that was what all the drivers wanted to try.

I've used a GPS for 3 years now and i can't figure out how we managed without it before! So easy and stressless to get around now :) And the maps seems easy to set it with too. Thanks for all the info!

Are there a lot of toll roads in Finland?

Juha_Koo
18th July 2010, 10:11
Those smoking spirals work well too, but don't start a forest fire!

Yeah, just to remind everybody coming to Finland: This summer has been extremely hot and the forests are very dry. Please be extremely careful with anything that has something to do with fire. Forest fire during the rally could easily generate major "sh*t hits the fan" -situations for the organizers.

Yesterday I recced Kolonkulma and Väärinmaja (SS12 and SS13). Kolonkulma is very idyllic stage, even though it's short, for me, it represents the true nature of Rally Finland. :) Beautifull scenery, winding road through farm houses, forests and fields not to forget that one pond. Shame that they drive it in the same direction than last year, as it has been driven in both directions in national rallies.

Väärinmaja has dozens of different road types in it. If (read: when) we have some fights in our hands on Saturday morning, they are resolved in here. The very narrow small road has been refurbished and it's now mainly very slippery ball-bearing type of gravel. Some forest works have changed the look of some parts of the stage but nothing major.

Juha_Koo
18th July 2010, 10:13
Are there a lot of toll roads in Finland?

Not a lot... To be exact, zero kilometres. :)

18th July 2010, 11:22
This picture will help... (http://www.ralli.net/rnet/modules.php?op=modload&name=4nAlbum&file=index&do=showpic&pid=65&orderby=dateD)

There have been a lot of mosquitos this summer due to a lot of snow last winter, so yes, they can get to your nerves. In an open place in the sun the mosquites disappaer, but then you get the horse flies that are far more aggressive. But you can buy repellents from any grocery store or pharmacy (if you need a sensitive one, and cortison to cure the rash) in Finland, though of course you can bring in your own. OFF is the most popular brand. Those smoking spirals work well too, but don't start a forest fire!

What to pack is a big one. Two things you should prepare yourself for are the early mornings and if it rains. First stages of the morning run early and it can get well below 10 degrees then. The rally is organised at propably the best time of Finnish summer and last years the weather has been nice (meaning no rain, some 20-30 degrees in the sun), but in case of rain you better have rain clothes.

If you have more questions, you can PM me.
Thanks alot, really helpful!!

In the picture is the axe to cut down some of the forest to gain better spectator access? Migth have problems getting through customs but lol. Can't wait for the Rally to start

Hartusvuori
18th July 2010, 12:01
In the picture is the axe to cut down some of the forest to gain better spectator access?

The axe is definitely not for mosquitos, that I can tell.

janvanvurpa
18th July 2010, 18:13
The axe is definitely not for mosquitoes, that I can tell.

Not big enough, eh?
I hear you use Bofors 2 x 40mm for them.

That brings up a question: Has there ever been any recorded loss of spectators to mosquitoes? How do the organisers manage to arrange that no spectators should be carried away into the deepest träsken ?

Koppomsbo
18th July 2010, 19:54
I have to questions that are rather importent for me :D

Can we buy (stong)beer and this "disposable" one time grills in stores in Finland?

:D

Tomi
18th July 2010, 20:01
I have to questions that are rather importent for me :D

Can we buy (stong)beer and this "disposable" one time grills in stores in Finland?

:D

Sure, but be carefull with the grill

Koppomsbo
18th July 2010, 20:04

Promise, guess we will that kind of food will be an "last way out"
We probably go for som Rallimakkara :D

Rallyper
18th July 2010, 20:11
Promise, guess we will that kind of food will be an "last way out"
We probably go for som Rallimakkara :D

How about Amarillo on Wednesday evening at 18.00? Good food and in the middle of everything in the city of Jyväskylä. Everyone?

Have a couple of beers and feel the rally coming.... :D

bluuford
18th July 2010, 20:17
17 S2000 cars. Really looking forward to see:
- How Hänninen does against S-WRC drivers to see the speed of IRC
- Garde and Alen against S-WRC drivers and Hänninen
- Juha Salo (gN Evo X) against S2000 drivers
- Flodin (Impreza WRX Sti) vs Salo in a battle of group N
- What's the pace of Jarkko Nikara on his 207 S2000

And of course much more

Well, Garde just finished third in Mad Crock Rally Estonia today. You can see full results here: http://www.autosport.ee/rallyreg/?page=32&race_id=80&
Märtin (Focus WRC03) won that rally, nearly 3 minutes in front of Tänak (Subaru Impreza). Garde was 1.5 minutes behind Tänak and second in GrN. Prokop was little bit further behind. So, from these results you can get first comparisons:-)

Prokop had his fare share of moments for sure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAmoyi1ueZs Prokop starting from 35 sec. It does not look so bad but if you look further in this video you can see how close call it was.

And this jump: http://www.postimees.ee/?g=1789&art=288886#63934 This is very, very, very big jump on nearly full speed and quite many cars that have landed like this have rolled afterwards.

janvanvurpa
18th July 2010, 20:36

Why would a Swede be thinking of grilling strong beer?
It sounds dangerous, won't the cans go KA-BOOOOM?

Maybe best they stick to lätt-öl....

Koppomsbo
19th July 2010, 06:13
How about Amarillo on Wednesday evening at 18.00? Good food and in the middle of everything in the city of Jyväskylä. Everyone?

Have a couple of beers and feel the rally coming.... :D

Would have loved it, but we doesnt arrive until thursday evning and then go straight out into the bushes for some serious camping :D

Koppomsbo
19th July 2010, 06:14
By the way, is there any place we can download POI`s for SS starts and Finishes for our GPS`?

garais22
19th July 2010, 07:40
Is it possible to download detailed maps of each SS?

Hartusvuori
19th July 2010, 07:44
^^ At least I haven't seen any such service provided by the organizers this year. Start and end points are at the spectators guide, but I don't know are they downloadable anywhere. There are no GPS marks for spectator points or parking areas, so you have to go old school for them.

cali
19th July 2010, 09:14
^^ At least I haven't seen any such service provided by the organizers this year. Start and end points are at the spectators guide, but I don't know are they downloadable anywhere. There are no GPS marks for spectator points or parking areas, so you have to go old school for them.

Oldschool navigating is actually more precise and more fun. We got totally lost twice during Swedish Rally, using GPS POI's provided by the official rally magazine. Problably our GPS device was not good enough, but we have never been lost when navigating oldschool way.

Rallyper
19th July 2010, 13:13
By the way, is there any place we can download POI`s for SS starts and Finishes for our GPS`?

On this site you can have the POI if you first locate the places yourself:

http://kansalaisen.karttapaikka.fi/kartanhaku/osoitehaku.html?lang=sv-FI&clear=true

Juha_Koo
19th July 2010, 16:43
A bit over a week to Rally Finland...! :bounce: First team equipment rumoured to have arrived to Finland today. Not a long till testing begins.

N.O.T
19th July 2010, 17:12
this rally is going to be vital...Citroen has the chance to put the last nail on the ford coffin by winning in their all french team the all finnish at ford...

ford on the other hand want to prove that they have some life left in them heading to the final chapters of the citroen dominated season. Winning here of course will not have any effect on both championships but for sure they can brag they came victorious on the best and most demanding rally on the season.