PDA

View Full Version : Old school gaming

Sonic
17th May 2010, 08:07
My Mega Drive got a dusting down last weekend for some 16bit gaming action.

Sonic, Echo, Afterburner, Hang on - what great games.

Anyone else got an old game system they still play or have fond memories of?

CarlMetro
17th May 2010, 10:07
My Megadrive is in it's box up in my loft, along with a box full of games. Apart from Sonic, which came with the system, I really can't remember what games there are but I can't bring myself to fetch it down and plug it in. I'll probably wait until my son is a bit older and starts bringing his teenage mates around to play his Playstation 6 or whatever we've moved onto by then and do a quick swap over :devil:

Sonic
17th May 2010, 10:23
My Megadrive is in it's box up in my loft, along with a box full of games. Apart from Sonic, which came with the system, I really can't remember what games there are but I can't bring myself to fetch it down and plug it in. I'll probably wait until my son is a bit older and starts bringing his teenage mates around to play his Playstation 6 or whatever we've moved onto by then and do a quick swap over :devil:

Thats exactly why my MegaDrive came out of the box. My eldest can kick my ass at Wii bowling (he's 4 FFS!!!!) so I decided to get my own back with games I was the master of.

Rather annoyingly he was really rather good at Sonic :dozey:

ShiftingGears
17th May 2010, 12:56
I still have a playstation 1, still holding up well after 13 years :D

Sonic
17th May 2010, 13:03
I still have a playstation 1, still holding up well after 13 years :D

I think we now need to find the oldest still functioning games system on the Motorsport Forums. My MegaDrive has the legs of your psone; 21 years and still working like new (even remembered all my old saved games). Any advance on 21?

wedge
17th May 2010, 13:49
I've still got my 486 which I use for GP2

MrJan
17th May 2010, 14:08
I bunged CMR2 into my PS3 yesterday. Not really oldskool but still great fun. Sadly I can't find my copy of TOCA2, I grew up with that game.

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2010, 17:02
I had an ancient Nintendo...complete with a Donkey Kong cartridge. It was about 8 years old when I got it 15 years ago I think....

Wife had me give it away to a kid on the street when we were cleaning out the garage at the old house.....

Still have my PS2..but that isn't old. I need the PS3 for sure...the latest version of Gran Turismo will have the full Nurburgring AND The Top Gear Test Track!

slinkster
17th May 2010, 18:15
One of my childhood memories is of playing 2 player Golden Axe with my brother on our MegaDrive back in the day. I recently bought the wii mini version for nostalgia's sake. :)