PDA

View Full Version : Prix Rouge et Blanc

Saint Devote
15th May 2010, 03:35
Some years ago to remember popular and two-time GP winner, Marlboro sponsored driver Swiss Jo siffert, killed at Brands Hatch in 1971, the award was established.

As the name shows it reflected Marlboro and was awarded to the "exceptional driver" as ajudged by the motor racing press at the track at each grand prix.

A beautiful nugget of gold.

Would y'all like to ressurect this and after each grand prix on the SUNDAY vote OBJECTIVELY for the driver that has really driven "above and beyond".

The totals would be tallied and the one with the most would get the Jo Siffert award.

In Spain it HAD to be Mark Webber.

Nobody interested then no big deal - I will select alone :vader:

Easy Drifter
15th May 2010, 05:31
Not a bad idea. The only problem I see is that we have to rely on the TV feed and they could easily miss an exceptional drive by a back marker.
I will try and join in but might miss a few races if I am at Mosport.
Seppi was a nice guy.Yes, I knew him but not well. English was pretty weak so wouldn't fit in today!

Saint Devote
16th May 2010, 03:08
Not a bad idea. The only problem I see is that we have to rely on the TV feed and they could easily miss an exceptional drive by a back marker.
I will try and join in but might miss a few races if I am at Mosport.
Seppi was a nice guy.Yes, I knew him but not well. English was pretty weak so wouldn't fit in today!

Excellent :D

I wish they would ressurect it. I wonder if Siffert would like f1 very much these days.

Easy Drifter
16th May 2010, 15:43
Webber again.

Saint Devote
16th May 2010, 18:58
I agree. Mark Webber. There was just nobody else in his league today.

Just wonder what has happened to Vettel. At this stage whatever he does Webber simply answers it.