PDA

View Full Version : Pickem Alert-Brian Vickers to miss Dover!!!

harvick#1
13th May 2010, 19:42
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=ArZ_6MpXJSiy7YPrel.BHMHov7YF?slug=ap-nascar--vickershospitalized

get well Brian :(

slorydn1
14th May 2010, 00:32
Not sure if anyone was going to pick Brian Vickers in either the official or unofficial Cup series pickems...

My bro, damg75 has just texted me and reported that Brian Vickers is a hospital in Washington DC for an undisclosed illness and will not be participating in this weekends event at Dover. Casey Mears has been tagged to drove the 83 Red Bull Chevrolet this weekend.

I am at work and have no way to search a nascar site to get u a link to this story....If no one else has added it before I get home from work in the morning then I will have one for you.

In the official MSF Pickems, u must resubmit ALL your picks with a seperate entry or the system wont accept your changes...

In the unofficial NASCAR GAMES subforum pickem's thread I will "violate" the long standing rule and automaticly change your pick for Vickers to Mears for you due to the late hour of this announcement....

slorydn1
14th May 2010, 01:02
Sorry harv...I know you posted first and I missed it...I posted mine up hi with a sticky and cross posted it into the NASCAR games thread and added an explanation with the pickems....so I am gonna merge this with my thread, just wanted to let u know what I was doing and why.....

Sparky1329
14th May 2010, 05:46
Get well Brian!

harvick#1
14th May 2010, 17:38
always hi-jackin my threads Slo :p :

but the news is saying Brian has blood clots, they say the worst possibility is a career-ending thing too,

hope for the best for Brian

slorydn1
14th May 2010, 17:40
always hi-jackin my threads Slo :p :

but the news is saying Brian has blood clots, they say the worst possibility is a career-ending thing too,

hope for the best for Brian

Man that would be a tough deal.....

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2010, 06:08
Career ending? Good lord...life threatening if one ever hit his heart.....

I hope they can fix him up and get him back behind the wheel.

wbcobrar
18th May 2010, 02:43
Last year about this time I went through what Vickers is going through now. I tore some muscles in my foot at work , which lead to some clotting . The only way the clots get from your leg to your lungs is through heart , its called a pulminary embolism . It is very dangerous and can be fatal . Brian will probably be on blood thinners for at least 6 months, and feel like he got his butt kicked for a while . I was working as hard as I could to get back work and they let me back in 5 or 6 weeks , which was probably a little early , but the mortgage did not pay itself (should have listened to the duck). My prayers are with Vickers , and my advice to him would be to listen to his doctors and rest .