PDA

View Full Version : The whiter shade of pale

janneppi
12th May 2010, 15:31
Or how I went outside in a t-shirt and shorts for the first time this year. :D
Come on summer, let's go already, i'm sick of wearing windstopper outfits on bike rides.

fandango
12th May 2010, 15:54
I second that :)

Eki
12th May 2010, 16:19
Did you skip the light fandango, Janneppi?

Lousada
12th May 2010, 16:40
Over here it's the coldest start of May EVER. And that despite the enormous amounts of pollution that Icelandic mountain poured into the atmosphere. :(

Easy Drifter
12th May 2010, 17:57
Two weeks ago I was sitting on my deck soaking up the sun. Could even sit out after dark and was comfotably BBQ'ing at dusk in a tee shirt.
Last Sat. it flippin' well snowed! :confused:
Farmers have lost crops from frost!
I did not go but there was sleet and snow at Mosport last weekend! During a race, not at night! :eek:

Mark in Oshawa
12th May 2010, 19:52
Over here it's the coldest start of May EVER. And that despite the enormous amounts of pollution that Icelandic mountain poured into the atmosphere. :(

It isn't pollution...it is part of the natural cycle....volcanic ash is a naturally occuring substance. It is part of the earth and belongs as part our ecosystem....

As for it being cold...well, maybe the ash is blocking some of the solar radiation?

GridGirl
12th May 2010, 21:01
I managed to get a sun tan while out cycling in March. It took an age to scrub off. Last weekend it was so cold when I went out cycling that I needed my winter gloves and headband to keep my ears warm.

Although it's sunny here it's f-f-f-freezing for this time of year. :s

Rani
12th May 2010, 21:07
Don't know about you guys, I've been wearing shorts and sandals on and off since march...
There's a (very) bright side to living out in the desert... :cool:

Mark in Oshawa
12th May 2010, 21:55
Don't know about you guys, I've been wearing shorts and sandals on and off since march...
There's a (very) bright side to living out in the desert... :cool:

Ah Bite me...lol

10 C and mainly cloudy today. Our May weather usually is 18 to 20 C during the day. Of course, I will take my green lawns and fully green maple trees outside my door.....

chac47
13th May 2010, 05:26
Our summer took forever to arrive and wasn't that great anyway. May often brings nice settled autumn weather, at least in the South Island where I live, but not usually 19C as it is here today, nice warm breeze too. We may get some nice days on into June but mornings will be frosty by then. Any day that the power meter is ticking over slowly is a good one.

CarlMetro
13th May 2010, 12:19
I thought Summer was a couple of weeks ago? I'm sure we had at least three days when you could wear a t-shirt without the need for a jumper/fleece over the top? Well you should have made the best of it when you had the chance, I was stripped off to my Speedos in my back garden and topping up my tan at nine o'clock in the morning.

Already got my Autumn wardrode out and starting the preparations for winter, can't be too careful with the English weather.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th May 2010, 12:36
It seems like the leaves have appeared on the trees overnight. I'm sure they weren't there yesterday.

Mark in Oshawa
13th May 2010, 16:41
It seems like the leaves have appeared on the trees overnight. I'm sure they weren't there yesterday.

Ours were a month early....by the end of March the tree's had budded. Usually that is an April thing....

ShiftingGears
14th May 2010, 05:18
Not a fan of cold weather at all.

gloomyDAY
14th May 2010, 05:27
I've been listening to Marvin Gaye for the past few days and I'm ready to start the mating season. Really looking forward to surfing without a bloody wetsuit and going down to Colima, Mexico (best kept secret) and hanging out with my honey.

I'm probably the darkest person in my family, but will likely get darker over summer. YAY!!

14th May 2010, 05:53
Zstar Electronic Co.Ltd, Sell fire cards for DS/NDSL/NDSi, also have Wii, DSiLL, NDSi, NDSL, PSP2000, PSP3000, PS2, PS3, PSP go, PSP, Xbox360 accessories, all kinds of phones are available
http://www.zstar.hk
http://www.tigersupermall.com

DonJippo
15th May 2010, 19:44
+29.2C today, if this continues I might change to T-shirt tomorrow :)

janneppi
17th May 2010, 14:56
While air temperatures are on the warm side of pleasant, water is still bloody freezing. I went for a quick dip in the lake from sauna, and it was areally quick dip. :D
According to thermometer it should have been 15C, but I'm not so optimistic as it was 5C two weeks ago.

CarlMetro
17th May 2010, 22:52
T-shirt and sunglasses weather around here for the first time in bloody ages, must be global warming.....