PDA

View Full Version : Spectacle of Spectacles?

tfisch100
11th May 2010, 20:40
Just saw a NASCAR commercial about the opening of the HOF. The called it the "Spectacle of all Spectacles of Racing". Me thinks they need a new pair of spectacles.

Mark in Oshawa
11th May 2010, 20:49
They don't lack chutzpah do they?

Jag_Warrior
17th May 2010, 07:19
He who wins the war writes the history...

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2010, 16:51
He who wins the war writes the history...

Sadly...even if they didn't win a war, they still would say it....

harvick#1
17th May 2010, 17:33
Spectacle of all Spectacles of Racing will always be the 24 hours of Lemans in my book. I mean look at how many teams and different car makers run the event.

the 500 has lost alot of reputation with the lack of different engine/chassis makers

F1boat
18th May 2010, 07:32
Spectacle of all Spectacles of Racing will always be the 24 hours of Lemans in my book. I mean look at how many teams and different car makers run the event.

the 500 has lost alot of reputation with the lack of different engine/chassis makers

For me Monaco GP is the best race ever. I, however, respect some other races very much, including the Indy 500, the Le Mans 24 Hours and the Belgium GP.

Bob Riebe
25th May 2010, 05:49
Just saw a NASCAR commercial about the opening of the HOF. The called it the "Spectacle of all Spectacles of Racing". Me thinks they need a new pair of spectacles.

Take a look at what Daytona Speed Weeks is now, compared to twenty five to thirty years ago, and you will see the spectacle has not been polished for decades.

elis
25th May 2010, 18:24

Agree.. the whole greatest race or race course in the world thing irks me too.. Sure call it the greatest OVAL race/track.. but saying its better, or greater than the likes of Le Mans, or Spa for example, is slightly off imho, of course ;)

Mark in Oshawa
25th May 2010, 19:55
There are still 4 signature motor racing events for the world, and one that should be: The four are The Monaco GP, The Indy 500 (despite some people's best efforts to screw THAT up), The Daytona 500 and Le Mans. Bathurst should be...but alas, Aussies have kept that place a secret for too long!!!!

So for the HOF in Charlotte for NASCAR to be taking the name from Le Mans, it is really laughable. It is a nice HOF...but I suspect it may not even be the best one of THOSE....