PDA

View Full Version : John Higgins

driveace
10th May 2010, 23:10
Will we see John Higgins playing snooker on TV this year or next,after the NOW exposure.
Has he been naive ,silly or s bloo*y fool?
If he felt SO threatened when he left the meeting in Kiev,why did he not ring Barry Hearn and tell him what had happened and what he had just agreed to?

Jag_Warrior
14th May 2010, 12:39
Was it ever confirmed whether or not he (Jonathan Higgins) was really Robin Masters?

Sorry, I'm at a loss... John Higgins???

GridGirl
14th May 2010, 13:17
Snooker.....its like pool but more complicated. :p

driveace
16th May 2010, 11:26
hello jag -warrior
yes john Higgins is a Scottish snooker player,and one of the Sunday papers here conned him into going out to Russia,and asking him if he would be prepared to lose 4 frames of snooker in matches that he would be playing for £261,000.His and his managers answer was yes it could be done,AND they drank to IT.Then when confronted by the said paper at his home he denied it,saying that he was frightened,being in Russia that he was dealing with the Maffia.BUT the chairman of Snooker Barry Hearn ,has said IF he was that frightened,WHY DID HE NOT ring him and explain what had happened as soon as he was out of the hotel where he had signed the deal.
He is now BANNED from the game whilst an investigation is carried out

EuroTroll
16th May 2010, 13:41
A sad case, and I'm inclined to think he's guilty as charged. Firstly, he didn't appear to be scared at all in that video, calmly discussing how to "swallow" the money. Secondly, yeah, why didn't he inform the snooker authorities immediately?

BDunnell
27th May 2010, 23:54
A sad case, and I'm inclined to think he's guilty as charged. Firstly, he didn't appear to be scared at all in that video, calmly discussing how to "swallow" the money. Secondly, yeah, why didn't he inform the snooker authorities immediately?

He also said that his priority was to get out of Russia as soon as he could because he felt he was in danger. Well, he managed that, given that the incident took place in Ukraine.

SOD
7th June 2010, 14:01
I personally think he was the victim of a hoax. Anything that is exclusive to the news of the world should be treated with contempt. this is the same newspaper that staged a hijacking of the Beckhams.

this all fits in with Barry hearn's agenda for taking over snooker. Higgins' manager is removed from the sport and thus one less obstacle for Hearn to assume 51% control over all the commercial decisions for snooker.