PDA

View Full Version : P2 in the overall standings of 2010

jens
10th May 2010, 17:13
Unless Loeb suffers an unseen catastrophe during the remainder of the season (at least 3-4 retirements if not more), he is likely to win the World Championship in 2010.

But the fight for P2 seems to be very interesting as the situations keep changing with every rally. At the moment Fords are 2nd and 3rd in points, but among the rest of the WRC rallies we still have 4 tarmac ones to come, which should suit the chasing Citroens even more than current gravel rallies.

So how do you see the positions panning out by the end of the season? :D

pettersolberg29
10th May 2010, 19:34
I see Ogier, Petter and Mikko finishing within 10 points by the end of the season. Petter and Ogier will get consistent 3rd or 4ths, while Mikko will get a couple of wins and a couple of retirements in my view. The tarmac will suit Petter and Ogier more too. Should be very exciting - if Petter had come 2nd in NZ then he'd be favourite in my opinion. The crash opens it up a bit.

N.O.T
10th May 2010, 19:56
with 4 tarmac rounds remaining sordo could be up there as well....the battle for the 1st LOSER is going to be exciting....

Josti
10th May 2010, 20:06
I remember that 2002 was a dominant year for Grönholm, but very exciting for P2 spot in the championship, only 7 points between 2nd and 7th place.

I also expect a similar scenario this year, but in thruth, this new point system can change things rapidly around, and a streak of retirements for Loeb ain't such a necessity I think. But he needs to hit problems in a few rallies, that's for sure.

Raini
10th May 2010, 22:55
Sordo is very strong on asphalt.

jens
31st May 2010, 12:11
With every passing event the likelihood of Ogier finishing in P2 is increasing. Fords lack pace too significantly and it may not be impossible that Sordo is going to end up in P3 after a string of strong results on asphalt.

koko0703
3rd June 2010, 13:15
Considering 4 of the remaining 7 rounds are tarmac, Sordo has chance to finish in front of Ogier and Petter. Well, to put it in more clear perspective, Sordo must show he can at least finish 2nd to Loeb on tarmac or his seat will be lost.

pettersolberg29
3rd June 2010, 17:05
I agree koko. If Ogier beats Sordo on any tarmac event (note that I don't think he will) then Sordo will be looking for a new seat in 2011. Perhaps Sordo may go to Ford? Would make things interesting.

Barreis
3rd June 2010, 17:13
Hardly.. Next season will be three drivers per team. We all know who are the three citroen drivers but we don't know that maybe P.Solberg is a third ford driver.. xd

MikeD
3rd June 2010, 22:46
I agree koko. If Ogier beats Sordo on any tarmac event (note that I don't think he will) then Sordo will be looking for a new seat in 2011. Perhaps Sordo may go to Ford? Would make things interesting.

Ogier might be french but he is not a natural tarmac driver ... there is no way he will beat Sordo on those 4 tarmac rounds. Furthermore Citroën need Sordo as a marketing tool for Citroën here in Spain. It's quite a popular car down here.

But I agree that Ford could do some good with Sordo, because then they might have a chance of some good results on the tarmac events. Hirvonen and JML are absolutely useless on tarmac and Ford will lose a lot of point in those 4 rounds.

I will also bet that if Loeb is so far in front in the championship when we hit Catalunya, Citroën will let Sordo win it, for marketing reasons and to boost hin confidence for 2011

xavier
4th June 2010, 19:04
I will also bet that if Loeb is so far in front in the championship when we hit Catalunya, Citroën will let Sordo win it, for marketing reasons and to boost hin confidence for 2011

and as pay back for last year.

jens
16th November 2010, 18:06
Uhh, that fight ended quite closely. :p : Ogier seemed set to take a comfortable P2 during the whole second half of the season, but threw it away with the last rallies. Perhaps a sign that the young Frenchman is still vulnerable despite looking mighty at times. Congrats to Latvala for that runner-up spot in what could be considered to be an inferior car to the C4 this season. Shame that Solberg missed out of a win so narrowly this season, which in turn would have elevated him to P2 by the season's end. Sordo's four podiums on tarmac were too little to decisively participate in the fight for P2, although he reduced the gap at the end of the season. Hirvonen just plain fell apart, while he seemed to be the favourite for this position in the early stages of the season.

Barreis
16th November 2010, 20:18
This sport is down..