PDA

View Full Version : No Spanish Donkey Thread?

keysersoze
10th May 2010, 15:52
Candidates:

1. Lotus for failing to get a car on the start grid for the second time this season.
2. Senna for shunting himself on the opening lap.
3. Alguesuari for moving over too quickly on Chandok (funny, the same thing happened to me in a kart race on Saturday--I was the kart being passed :D )
4. Button for not forcing the issue more with Schumacher.
5. Massa for similar lackluster-ness

any others?

UltimateDanGTR
10th May 2010, 16:30
I'd go with the wheel gun at Vettel's pit stop, actually.

10th May 2010, 18:02
There was no Spanish donkey.

They killed them all by throwing them off a church tower long before the race started.

http://www.faace.co.uk/faqs2.htm

ioan
10th May 2010, 18:09
There was no Spanish donkey.

They killed them all by throwing them off a church tower long before the race started.

http://www.faace.co.uk/faqs2.htm

You shouldn't have posted that, it ruined my already miserable day. :(

race_director
10th May 2010, 19:19
Myself

for watching the race, inspite of knowing that RBR would win :)

Allyc85
10th May 2010, 19:22
Candidates:

3. Alguesuari for moving over too quickly on Chandok

Easily that one for me, very stupid move that needlessly ended someone elses race.

F1boat
10th May 2010, 21:23
Easily that one for me, very stupid move that needlessly ended someone elses race.

I agree, although Jaime drove well.

PSfan
10th May 2010, 23:03
Candidates:

4. Button for not forcing the issue more with Schumacher.

I'm not sure why Button is getting so muck flak for not being able to pass Schumacher... Who has he been able to pass on track this season? :cheese:

race_director
10th May 2010, 23:42
I'm not sure why Button is getting so muck flak for not being able to pass Schumacher... Who has he been able to pass on track this season? :cheese:

i dont remember him passing anybody in his entire career . that me only . expect for a few back markers last and this year.

well bfore that he himself was a back marker :)

F1boat
11th May 2010, 07:16

Some people hate the guy for no reason.

ShiftingGears
11th May 2010, 07:38
Rosberg, for being nowhere!

Storm
11th May 2010, 11:39
I did not see the race but did see the the move on Karun in a news snippet.
Alguersuari :rolleyes:

wedge
11th May 2010, 14:04
Jaime

Ent
11th May 2010, 14:36
I'd go with the wheel gun at Vettel's pit stop, actually.

I think that's his 4th or 5th nomination already this year...

Shifter
11th May 2010, 17:43
Vote to one of the Virgin cars, DiGrassi I believe, coming to a stop in turn 1 while Lewis and Vettel were side-by-side.

fandango
11th May 2010, 17:58
....And it's a lovely Spanish stuffed donkey with a complementary Flamenco dancer.

Rosberg and Massa, for being lost the whole weekend.

i_max2k2
12th May 2010, 20:42
Mine would goto the pit guns for the mess up, and then Rosberg for placing his car beautifully on the grass before and after the first corner, and yea Alguesuari for ending Karuns race prematurely.

steveaki13
12th May 2010, 23:22
Vote to one of the Virgin cars, DiGrassi I believe, coming to a stop in turn 1 while Lewis and Vettel were side-by-side.

Yer that was a bit silly.

He should have slowed earlier or just gone for it and made it through the next couple of corners. They musn't just park on the circuit. Not only did he cause the leaders a problem, but also lost himself alot of time.

I know the backmarkers have got to get out of the way, but they are in their own race with their own targets so I feel they need to get on with it and let leaders blend past and lose less time, because if they do what Di Grassi did every lap, they will lose out to the fellow newbies.

Saint Devote
13th May 2010, 00:25

Jenson has not had to overtake many people this year other than Rosberg for the lead in China and Kubica into second in Australia on his way to winning two of the first five grands prix [and it was his two second longer pitstop that allowed Schumacher to pass in addition to the problem he had all race long with a dragging clutch] doing something not achieved since Alonso in 2006, leading the world championship at this stage in the year following his title win.

The ignorant, not bothering to pay attention to the minutae in Catalunya either will not understand the situation vis a vis Schumacher and thats too bad.

Jenson scored 10 points in Catalunya and the name of the game in f1 is to score as many points as possible at the lowest risk. It wins titles although will not excite the visceral type of racing viewer.

Lewis scored nil.

Jenson has had years of experience first dealing with the envious who crticized him because he lived the luxury lifestyle they all wished they could. Then he had to deal with the usual media morons [James Hunt would have loved that term] and others that do not have the focus of even a retarded gnat.

They said: he will never win a grand prix - he did.
They said he will never win a world title - he did
They said he would be "destroyed" by Hamilton - he is not
Bridgestome engineers said he would destroy his tyres - they were wrong - told you so.

Ross Brawn said last year, that including Schumacher, he has never had a driver that is able to extract the maximum from a car without thrashing the vehicle, like Jenson does.

And this weekend Jenson is going to win the Monaco Grand Prix.

ioan
13th May 2010, 00:27
Yer that was a bit silly.

He should have slowed earlier or just gone for it and made it through the next couple of corners. They musn't just park on the circuit. Not only did he cause the leaders a problem, but also lost himself alot of time.

I know the backmarkers have got to get out of the way, but they are in their own race with their own targets so I feel they need to get on with it and let leaders blend past and lose less time, because if they do what Di Grassi did every lap, they will lose out to the fellow newbies.

The newbies have to, first of all, get out of the way of the leaders for 2 reasons: because that's what the rules say and second because they get a drive through penalty if they don't, which will lose them more time than just getting out of the way.

ioan
13th May 2010, 00:29
Ross Brawn said last year, that including Schumacher, he has never had a driver that is able to extract the maximum from a car without thrashing the vehicle, like Jenson does.

That's way over the top.

Saint Devote
13th May 2010, 00:33
That's way over the top.

Ross Brawn said it.

Saint Devote
13th May 2010, 00:34
Donkeys of the race?

The people watching who attack Jenson over bs.

truefan72
13th May 2010, 00:41
1. Lotus, actually in all honesty their gearbox manufacturer.
2. Di Grassi -there is a difference between not wanting to get in the way, and simply becoming a non moving chicane. As some have suggested, he should have kept on driving and let the 2 cars behind figure out how to pass him in the following corners
3. Jaime - that was just silly

markabilly
13th May 2010, 02:25
no Spanish Donkey ?

Yeah others been wondering what happened to donKey buzzard, too

I would say what he has been up, but Pino's spouse would probably find out and get all mad and such....