PDA

View Full Version : WRC Team Tactics

Andy Harrison
7th May 2010, 18:05
http://www.grid1.tv/videos/featured/wrc-team-tactics
Good Video, it doesn't offer any solutions to the team tactics debate though...
Any ideas?

SubaruNorway
9th May 2010, 18:28
Ban split times on the last stage of the day... Maybe not so easy to control though.

SubaruNorway
9th May 2010, 18:51
Or if all the teams get a display unit where the signals has to go through a control center to get to the cars which is turned off. If there are people on the stages with timing boards you can see that on inboards so i guess they wouldn't risk trying to use that.

Francis44
9th May 2010, 19:06
Ban split times on the last stage of the day... Maybe not so easy to control though.

I dont think that would work simply because they would control the times one stage earlier.

SubaruNorway
9th May 2010, 19:19
I dont think that would work simply because they would control the times one stage earlier.

But you can't now exactly where you will end up after the last stage

Jake Stephens
9th May 2010, 19:39
It's a pity, tactics are turning people away from the sport who don't understand why drivers are slowing down. It's madness.

BDunnell
9th May 2010, 20:58
Why not ban split times altogether? They have never had a point in rallying.

Langdale Forest
9th May 2010, 21:06

Apart from rallyfans on wrc.com ;)

N.O.T
9th May 2010, 21:16

then teams would use manual systems to inform drivers for the difference like the did in acropolis a few years back and made Burns crash....

J4MIE
9th May 2010, 21:29
Agree with the splits thing but it would never work, they get all the info with the finish times of the previous cars so wouldn't make a difference really I think. As above you would get people in stages with a board to show the split, or I remember some incar when somebody had arranged for a team member to stand at a pre-arranged point and have their hand in the air if they were ahead, or down if they were slower - you can never get around this.