PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

AZ-Steve
5th May 2010, 19:07
Okay, I am brand new to this. So if I am posting in the wrong place or otherwise violating any etiquette would you please point me in the right direction.

There was a garage sale we stopped at and the Firestone Racing hat below was being sold. The lady claimed the signature was original but she had forgotten who it was. The hat belonged to her now passed husband. In fact everything at the garage sale looked like it had been her husband’s.

But other than watching the Indy 500 I have never had the motivation to be more involved. But now I could actually have a driver that I was linked to via this hat and could follow the driver and that seemed to interest me a whole lot more than following racing in general.

So finally I am to the part where all of you can help me. I have attached a picture of the hat; if anyone can tell me the drivers name I would be most appreciative.

Steve

dunes
6th May 2010, 03:49
I dont know how or why all the fonts and such but keep plugging. We are a mild mannered and sometimes unorthodoxed bunch.
Good luck with the second meet.

Mark in Oshawa
6th May 2010, 19:31
That is one obscure signature. If we knew what year it was from, it would nail it down to one of 33 drivers....but it looks like a scribble. Like most autographs, the actual autograph is just proof you met someone famous. The experience is what really counts, and whether they impressed you with their grace or humor, or were they just a jerk?

Anyhow, good luck to anyone to figure out who belongs to that signature...

AZ-Steve
9th May 2010, 23:27
Thank you, to everyone that took a look, and especially thank you to 'swoop' and 'Mark in Oshawa'. I will delete this thread in a couple days.
Steve

dunes
10th May 2010, 04:06
You might try a larger swap meet for a name or an idea to some sort of vintage.
Further more you might to reposting in other areas of this forum. We have F-1 and Indy. Those guys might be able to help you better.
Stick around during and after a race to catch up.