PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie : FlyFinnsFly

FlyFinnsFly
5th May 2010, 17:05
Hei all i'm a newbie from Northern Ireland and i'm 22 and love alt.rock music from Finland and have 4 tattoo's and i've met Finnish WRC driver Jari - Matti Latvala in June last year at the local Ford Fair here and four weeks tommorrow i'm meeting Jari - Matti Latvala for the second time and i'm excited about it and even my friend is coming with me as she's never met Jari though and turn 23 in December hehe xmas time and i have two older siblings as well as 2 nephews and 1 niece who's almost 3yrs old and other two are aged 15 and 10. Ive been into WRC since 2001 and i supported Colin McRae and it all went from there till now and massive F1 fan since 1993 and watched Ayrton Senna racing along with others and still watch F1 as i enjoy it and the theme tune intro love it.

Any more you wanna know just ask and i'll answer

pino
5th May 2010, 17:48
Welcome to the forums :wave:

FlyFinnsFly
5th May 2010, 18:00
Thanx for welcome Pino

gloomyDAY
5th May 2010, 18:42
Post pics of said friend.

FlyFinnsFly
5th May 2010, 19:00
yeah once i upload them from my phone to the pc then i'll show them

Langdale Forest
5th May 2010, 20:49
Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

FlyFinnsFly
5th May 2010, 21:00
Thanx and have the pics uploaded to pc of meeting with Jari from the show

Mark in Oshawa
5th May 2010, 22:20
I commend you on your English. It is FAR better than my Finnish....but I must implore you to learn to add commas and periods...lol

fandango
5th May 2010, 22:24
I commend you on your English.

Ahem, (whisper), Mark, he says he's from Northern Ireland. Should I say that in French?

Easy Drifter
6th May 2010, 01:19
No. In Gaelic! :D

markabilly
6th May 2010, 02:10
Hei all i'm a newbie from Northern Ireland and i'm 22 and love alt.rock music from Finland and have 4 tattoo's and i've met Finnish WRC driver Jari - Matti Latvala in June last year at the local Ford Fair here and four weeks tommorrow i'm meeting Jari - Matti Latvala for the second time and i'm excited about it and even my friend is coming with me as she's never met Jari though and turn 23 in December hehe xmas time and i have two older siblings as well as 2 nephews and 1 niece who's almost 3yrs old and other two are aged 15 and 10. Ive been into WRC since 2001 and i supported Colin McRae and it all went from there till now and massive F1 fan since 1993 and watched Ayrton Senna racing along with others and still watch F1 as i enjoy it and the theme tune intro love it.

Any more you wanna know just ask and i'll answer

Are you related to Wade or maybe worse, (according to some), to ekie?

dunes
6th May 2010, 03:53
Howdy :s mokin: I'm the party instigator :rolleyes: and I welcome you to our forum.

#1 rule dont take anything too seriously,We are all experts in all facets of all motor racing venues and are never wrong. LOL :p
#2 rule never never attack someone else,just thier thread or posts are ok. This one is for real. We have fun and enjoy a lot of difference in attitudes and opinions.
Good luck

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 17:26
Thanx, Gonna show the pics soon and they are quite good as there's one of the Focus RS in white which was the show car last year. There are pics of the show on Jon44w of the whole show, there was a total of 408 cars last year and could be more this year.

Mark in Oshawa
6th May 2010, 17:58
Ahem, (whisper), Mark, he says he's from Northern Ireland. Should I say that in French?

oops!!!!!!! I just read the Finnsfly and didn't see the reference. I just saw a run on sentence and got caught up in that!!!!!!

Man..you are from Northern Ireland lad....you have a heads start on this communicating in English....put some punctuation in!

I love the enthusiasm though and don't stop posting!

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 18:04
I'm a girl not a guy

Firstgear
6th May 2010, 18:27
I'm a girl not a guy

Cue Gloomyday, asking for pics.

Mark in Oshawa
6th May 2010, 18:31
I'm a girl not a guy
My apologies....

Mark in Oshawa
6th May 2010, 18:32
Cue Gloomyday, asking for pics.

Well....he is a young guy...and a hound...and most of us guys were all like that at one point. I just don't think he has grown out of it yet...or may never..

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 18:38
Haha men sometimes are like little kids

Mark in Oshawa
6th May 2010, 18:40
Haha men sometimes are like little kidsGloomy day is...and he is one who just discovered women!

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 18:41
Haha best keep an eye out on him then

Mark in Oshawa
6th May 2010, 18:47
Finnsfly...lol...he is just the resident dog...we like him anyhow. People say he is charming...

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 18:49
Yeah will have to see for myself and at the moment i'm using my ipod haha and i'm deffo for Rally GB in November with a friend of mine, Should be a good weekend though

DexDexter
6th May 2010, 19:13
Your nick is pretty funny :) And by the way, we are flying again cause the ash is gone :D .

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 19:21
Well i support the Finns in WRC though and that's why i chose my nickname for here lol

fandango
6th May 2010, 19:52
Hey FlyFinnsFly, I thought you were a lad as well. Sorry about that. So how is alt.rock music from Finland? Is it like The Hellacopters? (Before anyone jumps on me, I know they're Swedish)

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 19:57
Haha seems everyone on here thought i was a guy lol. Alt.rock music from Finland is awesome and the bands i listen to are really great, although i doubt anyone here would listen to them i dont think

Hartusvuori
6th May 2010, 20:54
Haha seems everyone on here thought i was a guy lol. Alt.rock music from Finland is awesome and the bands i listen to are really great, although i doubt anyone here would listen to them i dont think

As music being my other huge passion alongside rallying, and being a Finn, I must say, drop a name or two. I won't shoot them down. Finnish alt.rock scene exists if you take away all that is commercial (bands like Circle and the related bands though are respected in their own marginal scenes), but in general Finland is not as good in producing alternative, independent or plain popular music than we are in producing good rally drivers. With music, focus on the Swedes and you get pretty much all you need.

Kind of cool how your enthusiasm shines through. Just remember some of the forum members will laugh at you. Also nice to hear that you're a JML fan like I am too. I've met him 4-5 times through my job and he's always very nice and easy going - but so are most of the rally drivers.

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 21:01
Yeah and i listen to bands like : Lordi, Nightwish, H.I.M., PMMP, Tarja Turunen, Entwine, Tarot, Snow Patrol, Ash, Husky Rescue but my fav band has gotta be The Rasmus and my fav song by The Rasmus is " Dangerous Kind " from their 2008 album Black Roses. I remember last year when i got my Ford jacket signed and Jari forgot the car number, then realised and added it to my jacket and he laughed as well and my brother got his Sierra RS Cosworth signed by Jari too.

Mark in Oshawa
6th May 2010, 21:03
28 posts in less than a few hours. Finnsfly..you are a popular lady..most newbies don't get this much attention in a week...

FlyFinnsFly
6th May 2010, 21:09
Haha just about to watch footage of my brother's Cossie on rollers checking what the bhp is

dunes
7th May 2010, 02:38
All right you hound dogs.
back in your own yard and behave.
On top of having good writing skills she sounds intelligent enough to know your tounges are hanging out.
Fly they'll calm down soon just keep telling your stories and interests.,I myself listen to many types of music in and out of the rock genre but cant can't recall names or covers. I hear something I like
I buy it download it and listen to a scambled remix on my laptop while I drive cross crountry in my truck.,Have to check out my playlists to see if anyone you mentioned is in my arsenal.
Hello again and keep them guessing. I personally think it was a little too early to let them know you weren't a a guy. it was funny he he

FlyFinnsFly
7th May 2010, 15:47
Haha Swoop you got me in stitches of giggles haha, i'm laughing so hard that i snorted cola outta my nose, not the first time that's happened though and apart from rally drivers i even met Irish singer Ronan Keating and heck it was on tv the exact same night crud but excited about a gig before xmas and another one in March 2011

DexDexter
7th May 2010, 15:54
28 posts in less than a few hours. Finnsfly..you are a popular lady..most newbies don't get this much attention in a week...

There aren't that many ladies here, are there? ;)

FlyFinnsFly
7th May 2010, 15:58
It would appear not haha and now must be the only girl on here yowzer haha

Daniel
7th May 2010, 18:33
Never seen someone so made up by just meeting up with a driver that's only had a few wins in the WRC and will probably never be a World Champion!

FlyFinnsFly
7th May 2010, 18:52
I'll be meeting the others @ Rally GB with my best friend Holly

dunes
8th May 2010, 06:28
Haha Swoop you got me in stitches of giggles haha,
We just met wait till you know me better. Its one of the reasons they let me stay here. You never know what I'm going to say or post.People say I resemble a Jester"Steve Miller" or Jack Nickelson's "Joker" but I like to refer to Myself like Smokey Robinson's "tears of a Clown".My cB handle on thr road is Dirty White Boy after the 1972 song by Fouriner[sp]
Too old for you maybe,But you'll get it.
Just for the record your not the only Lady here, Thier just watching right now.

Easy Drifter
8th May 2010, 06:55
There are quite a few ladies on here and Daniel had better be careful in case Caroline finds this thread.
Wait till you meet our favourite red head Hazell. A real character.
And I discovered girls long before most of the clowns on here were even a twinkle in someones eye!
There is also at least one former professional female race driver on the forum although she usually does not post in Chit Chat.
And if you read the joke thread, which I have let slip recently, there are a bunch of us who regularly insult each other and make rather nasty comments to each other. It is all in fun in that thread. :eek:

FlyFinnsFly
8th May 2010, 14:57
Haha gotta check it out

markabilly
8th May 2010, 18:18
There aren't that many ladies here, are there? ;)
all the ones i can think of....humm...there is hazell, beachgirl, starter, gridgirl, carolina, easy and of course, Eki...

Eki
8th May 2010, 19:59
all the ones i can think of....humm...there is hazell,
Hazell? She's no lady, she's gaga.

Easy Drifter
8th May 2010, 20:14
There is Slinkster.
We kind of think Markabilly might be an it. :p : :D

Eki
8th May 2010, 20:32
There is Slinkster.
We kind of think Markabilly might be an it. :p : :D
Yes, Markabilly definitely is an it. Now we just have to figure out if it is animal, vegetable or mineral. My money is on vegetable.

Mark in Oshawa
8th May 2010, 21:07
I could say something...but I am now speechless...

FlyFinnsFly
8th May 2010, 21:16
Haha

slinkster
8th May 2010, 21:56
Welcome!!!

er... I'm a girl too. :)

Mark in Oshawa
8th May 2010, 23:38
Welcome!!!

a Girl with a GREAT handle too...lol

Easy Drifter
9th May 2010, 00:58
You weren't speechless for long!

dunes
9th May 2010, 07:16
I could say something...but I am now speechless...
Noooooooooo Wayyyyyyy

See Fly I told you they were just watching and waiting. They'll all come out now.

FlyFinnsFly
9th May 2010, 16:18
Yeah seems that way now and listening to a band from Estonia on my ipod

airshifter
10th May 2010, 04:24
Welcome!!!

Just hope people don't remember the Slinky jingle song. If they do you might need to clairfy your... emmm... preferences.

It's Slinky, it's Slinky. For fun it's a wonderful toy.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky. It's fun for a girl or a boy.
It's fun for a girl or a boy!

FlyFinnsFly
12th May 2010, 01:39
Less than 3 weeks until the Ford Fair

A.F.F.
12th May 2010, 01:43
Yeah and i listen to bands like : Lordi, Nightwish, H.I.M., PMMP, Tarja Turunen, Entwine, Tarot, Snow Patrol, Ash, Husky Rescue but my fav band has gotta be The Rasmus

I'm sure you have heard about the following but just in case... the bands like The 69 Eyes, Suburban Tribe and Poets of the Fall are worth to check :)

FlyFinnsFly
12th May 2010, 21:35
yeah i have heard The 69 Eyes and Poests Of The Fall but havent checked Suburban Tribe out yet

Mark in Oshawa
12th May 2010, 21:52
Just hope people don't remember the Slinky jingle song. If they do you might need to clairfy your... emmm... preferences.

Are you saying something about Slinkster??? lol...

14th May 2010, 06:04
Zstar Electronic Co.Ltd, Sell fire cards for DS/NDSL/NDSi, also have Wii, DSiLL, NDSi, NDSL, PSP2000, PSP3000, PS2, PS3, PSP go, PSP, Xbox360 accessories, all kinds of phones are available
http://www.zstar.hk
http://www.tigersupermall.com

slinkster
15th May 2010, 20:02

Wellll.... I am fun. ;)

FlyFinnsFly
14th June 2010, 22:08
Haha gosh havent been on here for a while mainly with things going on and attending Ford Fair on the 6th omg what a blast and best day ever haha and even Jari-Matti had fun