PDA

View Full Version : British newspapers: a quick quiz.

Dave B
30th April 2010, 14:36
We're less than a week away from a general election. Last night the BBC Prime Ministerial debate was watched by more people than any other programme. Yesterday Gordon Brown made a gaffe while on the campaign trail. The entire European economy is under question due to economic meltdown in Greece.

Here are the headlines from this morning's newspapers. A little quiz: see if you can guess which one comes from the Daily Star.

BROWN TOAST

MY GORD'S SO SORRY

Warning that Greek crisis could "spread like Ebola"

Poll latest: Labour loses one voter

Trouble in Rochdale

Day of Disaster

Brown: That was a disaster

A HYPOCRITE WHO SHAMES BRITAIN

DEMONISED: THE GRANNY WHO DARED TO UTTER THE I-WORD

KERRY'S SECRET HOLS WITH PETE

Any ideas? Any at all? Is this honestly the level of intelligence attributed to Daily Star readers? :eek:

(Answers: Sun, Mirror, Guardian, Independent, Times, Telegraph, FT, Express, Mail, Star)

CarlMetro
30th April 2010, 16:42
I would have said that any of them could have, that was until I read the last one :rotflmao:

MrJan
30th April 2010, 16:48
:rotflmao: That's amazing, who at the Star decided to run with that?

CarlMetro
30th April 2010, 16:49
TBH the story in the Star is probably more interesting.....

Sonic
30th April 2010, 17:47
The Star can't be blamed for knowing their audience.

BDunnell
1st May 2010, 00:40
I tell you what, the worst thing there is the use of the word 'disaster'. It is a disaster if thousands of people die in an earthquake. A man, no matter how senior, making a gaffe in an election campaign is not a disaster. People are so immoderate in their language nowadays when referring to bad events.

christophulus
1st May 2010, 11:07
The Star can't really be called a newspaper though, that implies it contains actual news. The Sun is bad enough, they usually CAPITALISE the odd WORD in an article as their READERS have such a SHORT attention span..