PDA

View Full Version : BMW to DTM..???

AndyRAC
29th April 2010, 12:50
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83177

UltimateDanGTR
29th April 2010, 18:57
well this would be very good news If it became reality, BMW have confirmed their intent but obviously not their actual involvement yet. TCT mentioned a possible 'light' program for 2011 before full works in 2012, however seeing no mention of this on the official DTM website i doubt it.

I hope we have a genuine 3 horse race when they enter and it will all be great fun!

PDS
29th April 2010, 19:27
TCT mentioned a possible 'light' program for 2011 before full works in 2012, however seeing no mention of this on the official DTM website i doubt it.
You are right, there is no mention... But perhaps there is a suggestion of it in the DTM Press Release?

[quote="DTM"]The appearance of the BMW M3 GT2 at endurance races forms another important pillar in the future programme. As is the case this season, in 2011 BMW will contest a variety of races with this car.

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen adds: &#8220]

UltimateDanGTR
29th April 2010, 21:36
You are right, there is no mention... But perhaps there is a suggestion of it in the DTM Press Release?

I took that as saying the M3 GT2 will be used in 2011 in various ALMS/LMS/GT/Nurburgring races, rather than DTM.

Time will tell.