PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question

fizzicist
28th April 2010, 23:04
Hi all

I'm looking for somewhere I can buy a NASCAR season review DVD or similar in the UK, if anyone can recommend something with a lot of decent racing footage?

The reason may be a bit odd but:

My little boy (20 months old) is absolutely obsessed with the Pixar film 'Cars' and we're having a bit of a long running war getting him to go to bed peacefully. If he watches the film he gets really excited by it and the evening cuddle with Dad on the sofa backfires.

However on Sunday, I discovered whilst watching the Talladega race, that he will watch a NASCAR race quietly and it actually chills him out sufficiently that about 10 minutes or so and he's sufficiently chilled to just go straight to sleep.

All this is great - other than the fact that the only stuff I've recorded is the last 10 laps of Talladega and I'm sick of watching it over and over.....

Mark in Oshawa
28th April 2010, 23:58
Hi all

I'm looking for somewhere I can buy a NASCAR season review DVD or similar in the UK, if anyone can recommend something with a lot of decent racing footage?

The reason may be a bit odd but:

My little boy (20 months old) is absolutely obsessed with the Pixar film 'Cars' and we're having a bit of a long running war getting him to go to bed peacefully. If he watches the film he gets really excited by it and the evening cuddle with Dad on the sofa backfires.

However on Sunday, I discovered whilst watching the Talladega race, that he will watch a NASCAR race quietly and it actually chills him out sufficiently that about 10 minutes or so and he's sufficiently chilled to just go straight to sleep.

All this is great - other than the fact that the only stuff I've recorded is the last 10 laps of Talladega and I'm sick of watching it over and over.....

He aint the only one who has napped watching NASCAR...but I never slept through the last 10 laps of a race at DEGA!!

I don't know what your solution is, but I suggest if you emailed someone at NASCAR's headquarters in Daytona Beach, they will give you the name of the UK distributor or how to get a DVD with NASCAR highlights. I think you might want to leave out the part about putting your son to sleep to Talladega....Geeze..I am laughing thinking about that!!!!

slorydn1
29th April 2010, 03:24
I have the entire 2004 season on recorded (sadly on VHS).
As bad as my driver ran that year it was enough to put me to sleep.

Seriously though, they put put a greatest hits highlight reel every once in a while (usually dealing with a lot wrecks, of course) you may be able to find something decent on ebay.

fizzicist
29th April 2010, 10:08
In fairness to the little guy, he stays awake through the last ten laps of 'Dega, but by the end of it you just pop him in his cot and lights out....

Not found anything on eBay sadly. Will keep hunting.

geosin1945
29th April 2010, 11:59
Check amazon.co.uk - they have many NASCAR DVDs

Mark in Oshawa
29th April 2010, 17:14
Yes...I cant believe something isn't out there with NASCAR. My lord, every video store here has something with NASCAR, and in the truck stops when I was on the road I could buy any NASCAR DVD/tape I wanted...

fizzicist
1st May 2010, 22:12
NASCAR is non existent here guys - used to be on Sky Sports (i.e. Fox) but the figures sucked so they dropped it to Open Access TV seeing as Sky is owned by Fox.

Found a load on Amazon btw - any particular vintage years? (I know nothing other than Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson are getting quite irate with one another!)

slorydn1
1st May 2010, 23:04
NASCAR is non existent here guys - used to be on Sky Sports (i.e. Fox) but the figures sucked so they dropped it to Open Access TV seeing as Sky is owned by Fox.

Found a load on Amazon btw - any particular vintage years? (I know nothing other than Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson are getting quite irate with one another!)

Depends on how far back you want to go. 1992 was the closest points battle in history, 2004 was the first year of the "Chase" format, 1985 Bill Elliot was the first driver to win a million, I could go on and on

dunes
4th May 2010, 04:37
If they are around over there try garage sales and flea markets.

Iceman778
13th May 2010, 16:11
yes you are right