PDA

View Full Version : Oh how I laughed..

CarlMetro
28th April 2010, 14:43
*doorbell rings*

I went and opened the door

"Good afternoon sir..........oh ermm I seem to have got the wrong house.............erm sorry to have..........er bothered you" said the man outside.

"No, no trouble at all" I said, "Aren't you going to leave me one of those leaftlets? Perhaps you'd like to come inside and have a chat?" I continued.

"Err.......no thanks, I've erm got other people to see, maybe some other time" said the local BNP parliamentary candidate

"Oh that's a shame, I was really looking forward to discussing your party's policies on immigration and how you intend to reduce the national debt, but if you're sure you can't spare the time?" I said

"Erm no, sorry" he said, and left my path almost at running pace.

For those who have never seen me (the lucky ones) I'm not exactly what you'd call white. The look of pure horror on the man's face is one I shall treasure for a long time.

Anyone else had a party visit yet?

MrJan
28th April 2010, 14:47
:laugh: I wish I'd been there to see it Carl.

EuroTroll
28th April 2010, 15:41
Amusing, Carl. :) What a bunch of racist morons. :down:

Here, politicians don't usually go door-to-door. Religious nutters do. :uhoh:

Sonic
28th April 2010, 16:49
Carl you are an actual leg end!

My Gran was always awesome with those kinda things. She'd invite whoever it was in for a cup of tea and get them to cut out coupons from the local paper for her. They ended up begging to leave. :D

V12
28th April 2010, 17:02
When I was younger, when I was approached either in the street or at my door by that sort of person - not just politicians but religious people or those street charity workers with the clipboards who try and get my bank details (!!!) - I would just make my excuses and get out of there/shut the door whatever.

Now I actually take some sort of twisted pleasure in dismantling their arguments with words and leave them with their tail between their legs :D

BeansBeansBeans
28th April 2010, 18:55
Carl 1 - 0 Daft racist

:up:

J4MIE
28th April 2010, 20:14
Good one Carl. I remember one time I was walking along a street in the middle of Glasgow and somebody gave me a leaflet for a mass suicide. It cheered me up no end :D

Mark in Oshawa
28th April 2010, 23:38
Carl....you should have insisted he come in for a cup of tea....

I am telling you, I would have loved to have seen this idiot.

CarlMetro
29th April 2010, 00:02
I tried my best, but he just wasn't keen. I'm thinking of contacting their party HQ and asking him to come back again. I could ask a few friends round and make it a real get together :\

Jag_Warrior
29th April 2010, 10:33
The BNP? Aren't those the flakes that our boy, David Duke, went to visit a year or two ago?

Try to invite one of them back. If you have a video camera, this would make a fun Youtube video.... as he's running away again. Call it "Encounter With a Nutter".

Easy Drifter
29th April 2010, 10:47
Sign on my door:

I shoot every 3rd politician or salesman.
The 2nd one just left. :eek: :bones:

ShiftingGears
29th April 2010, 10:48
The BNP? Aren't those the flakes that our boy, David Duke, went to visit a year or two ago?

Australia's token redneck politician Pauline Hanson is moving to Britain and potentially joining the BNP as well.

Should be pretty hilarious.

GridGirl
29th April 2010, 14:06
Australia's token redneck politician Pauline Hanson is moving to Britain and potentially joining the BNP as well.

Should be pretty hilarious.

I'd be interested to hear his idea's in imigration policies along with the BNP's if and when they let him join.

ShiftingGears
29th April 2010, 15:35
I'd be interested to hear his idea's in imigration policies along with the BNP's if and when they let him join.

Her ;)

Her views on immigration are quite simple. If you want to immigrate and you aren't white - don't.

Garry Walker
29th April 2010, 17:10
Amusing, Carl. :) What a bunch of racist morons.

What is racist about them? Is standing up for the interests of whites only racist? If so, are organizations such as NAACP(and countless others) also racist in your view?

fandango
29th April 2010, 17:13
What is racist about them?

Eh, how about not wanting to speak to a potential voter because of the colour of his skin?

Garry Walker
29th April 2010, 17:17
Eh, how about not wanting to speak to a potential voter because of the colour of his skin?

What are the chances of a coloured person voting for them? Zero. Why waste time?

Would NAACP waste time listening to my worries, if I complained about something?

EuroTroll
29th April 2010, 17:18
What is racist about them? Is standing up for the interests of whites only racist? If so, are organizations such as NAACP(and countless others) also racist in your view?

Err... yes. Standing up for interests of one race only is racist. Isn't it pretty much the definition of the word?

Judging by the name (which is the only thing I know about them) -- yes, I'd classify the NAACP also as racist.

Garry Walker
29th April 2010, 17:23
Err... yes. Standing up for interests of one race only is racist. Isn't it pretty much the definition of the word? No, racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. Standing up for your own race, while not considering other races inferior to you, is not racism.

Judging by the name (which is the only thing I know about them) -- yes, I'd classify the NAACP also as racist.

NAACP is a massive organization in USA and has an incredible amount of power.

fandango
29th April 2010, 17:25
What are the chances of a coloured person voting for them? Zero. Why waste time?

Would NAACP waste time listening to my worries, if I complained about something?

What are the chances you ever saying good point, I see what you mean?

Good luck with that.

CarlMetro
29th April 2010, 17:27
Do you always have to be such a knob Garry?

EuroTroll
29th April 2010, 17:29
No, racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. Standing up for your own race, while not considering other races inferior to you, is not racism.

I respectfully disagree. I think the very act of making a distinction between people based on race and basing policies on that distinction is racist.

NAACP is a massive organization in USA and has an incredible amount of power.

Well... good for them.

Garry Walker
29th April 2010, 17:30
Do you always have to be such a knob Garry?

What did I say wrong? That I didnt join in your bashfest of BNP? Tough luck

What are the chances you ever saying good point, I see what you mean?

Good luck with that.

huh?

Garry Walker
29th April 2010, 17:32
I respectfully disagree. I think the very act of making a distinction between people based on race and basing policies on that distinction is racist. You will of course then agree that affirmative action is racist?

Well... good for them.

So why arent you bitching about them?

EuroTroll
29th April 2010, 17:42
You will of course then agree that affirmative action is racist?

In what comes to promoting the interests of a certain race or ethnicity, yes.

So why arent you bitching about them?

I don't bitch randomly. It was a BNP advocate that came to Carl's door.

fandango
29th April 2010, 19:20
huh?

I'll explain: You don't think the BNP candidate should bother speaking to a non-white person becuase they're never going to convince them of anything. Following YOUR logic, and going by my impression of your general attitude in the posts of yours I've seen, I shouldn't bother engaging you in discussion.

BeansBeansBeans
30th April 2010, 08:54

As far as I'm aware the goal of the NAACP is to protect / advance the civil rights of non-white minorities, thereby establishing eqality with whites. The goal of organisations such as the BNP is to re-create the sort of society where non-whites are second class citizens.

Can't you see the difference?

BeansBeansBeans
30th April 2010, 09:01
You will of course then agree that affirmative action is racist?

It was necessary when it was introduced. Non-whites were often being ignored by employers based solely on their race. Enforcing quotas on companies helped put a stop to this and advance equality.

It ain't perfect and I'm not sure it is necessary nowadays, but it was better than the alternative.

Dave B
30th April 2010, 09:34
I'm genuinely looking forward to the goons from the BNP and UKIP canvassing for my vote. I've a long list of questions to put to them, most of which I expect to be met with a blank look or a generic pre-prepared statement.

I'm also looking forward to asking my Conservative candidate why he stood for Labour in 2005 in another constituency, but makes no reference to this anywhere on his website or publicity. Why the change of heart? It's almost as if he cherry-picks marginal seats just to get himself elected, rather than actually wanting to represent his voters. Gosh, how cynical am I?

Jag_Warrior
30th April 2010, 10:40

Maybe. Why don't you contact them and find out.

It took me about 30 seconds to learn that most of the founding members of the NAACP were White. And the NAACP didn't have a Black president until 1975 - before then, they'd all been White. AFAIK, the NAACP doesn't discriminate againt people based on their race or religion. And they've had White people in the organzation since Day 1... so maybe you should choose a different (better ;) ) example. I don't know. I'm just sayin'. :dozey:

This is three degrees past "too f'ing funny". A group that holds hands with a former Grand Wizard of the KKK, David Duke, isn't racist. Riiiight. :rolleyes: Hey, I've got some ocean front property in the midwest that I'll sell cheap to anyone who (actually) believes that.

Here is your boy, Nickie G., teaching his American counterparts how to "sell" the message, without using words that will turn people off (before they can get their hooks in them and get a hood or a helmet on their heads).

04QolIvfQEw&feature=related

Daniel
30th April 2010, 11:24
Jag, that was.... Erm.... Taken out of context. Or so he says

Garry Walker
30th April 2010, 13:49
In what comes to promoting the interests of a certain race or ethnicity, yes. In that case, you will of course agree that the current labour government is racist, due to the legislation a certain racist and sexist harriet harman has brought about?

I'll explain: You don't think the BNP candidate should bother speaking to a non-white person becuase they're never going to convince them of anything. Following YOUR logic, and going by my impression of your general attitude in the posts of yours I've seen, I shouldn't bother engaging you in discussion.

Oh please do engage me in a discussion mr.fandango.
Please, please, please.
Will you just please engage me in a discussion, mr.fandango

No seriously, do whatever you want, I dont care.

As far as I'm aware the goal of the NAACP is to protect / advance the civil rights of non-white minorities, thereby establishing eqality with whites. The goal of organisations such as the BNP is to re-create the sort of society where non-whites are second class citizens.

Can't you see the difference?

how is that the goal of BNP?

It was necessary when it was introduced. Non-whites were often being ignored by employers based solely on their race. Enforcing quotas on companies helped put a stop to this and advance equality.

It ain't perfect and I'm not sure it is necessary nowadays, but it was better than the alternative.

Anyone supporting affirmative action is a racist in my view. In the current world where lefties are so much against racism and they are the first to cry racism over anything, they should be against affirmative action as well. That they are not, just exposes what hypocrites they are.

It took me about 30 seconds to learn that most of the founding members of the NAACP were White. And the NAACP didn't have a Black president until 1975 - before then, they'd all been White. AFAIK, the NAACP doesn't discriminate againt people based on their race or religion. And they've had White people in the organzation since Day 1... so maybe you should choose a different (better ;) ) example. I don't know. I'm just sayin'. :dozey: I never said they didnt have whites in their organization, but when have they ever done anything in support of whites? Never, because they deal with different issues. That is okay in my view, just as much as it is okay for some party or organization to deal with the problems of whites. Simple?

This is three degrees past "too f'ing funny". A group that holds hands with a former Grand Wizard of the KKK, David Duke, isn't racist. Riiiight. :rolleyes: Hey, I've got some ocean front property in the midwest that I'll sell cheap to anyone who (actually) believes that.David Duke, in my view, is an idiot and a racist and should be laughed at. Much like Al Sharpton and jesse jackson, actually. To have anything to do with any of them is an embarrassment.

Here is your boy, Nickie G., teaching his American counterparts how to "sell" the message, without using words that will turn people off (before they can get their hooks in them and get a hood or a helmet on their heads).
What was wrong with that video? Do you think other parties are not about "selling their ideas"

Daniel
30th April 2010, 14:54
What was wrong with that video? Do you think other parties are not about "selling their ideas"

There's a difference between what parties do by perhaps making things look a little bit better than they are and dressing racism and hatred up as fairy floss and puppy dogs.

EuroTroll
30th April 2010, 15:00
In that case, you will of course agree that the current labour government is racist, due to the legislation a certain racist and sexist harriet harman has brought about?

Do you seriously expect me to know what you're talking about? :)

I've made my opinion pretty clear though, I think: There is no place in the modern world for policies based on racial distinction. Distinction based on sex, social standing, income -- yes. Race -- no.

Mark in Oshawa
30th April 2010, 18:41
Garry...if you have a point, I lost it in there....

That said, the NAACP I think is an organization that ran its course. With Obama in the White House, I think we can say that for the most part, America has dropped a lot of its racial past. There are laws on the books against discrimination, and there is a wariness and sensitivity to the condition of African Americans that didn't exist 30 years or 60 years ago.

The danger now is for things to be going overboard....and you see elements of that when you have Jimmy Carter castigating anyone who disagree's with Obama as a redneck racist.....

fandango
30th April 2010, 18:46
Oh please do engage me in a discussion mr.fandango.
Please, please, please.
Will you just please engage me in a discussion, mr.fandango

No seriously, do whatever you want, I dont care.

I'll continue to read your posts, and I respect the fact that you have opinions that are, in my opinion, nonsensical and objectionable (It wouldn't be much fun to come on here and find that everyone agrees). What I can't understand is what YOU get out of this, because you seem incapable of even seeing how your perspective may be seen by someone who doesn't share your opinion.

donKey jote
30th April 2010, 19:04
[troll] :dozey:

Jag_Warrior
30th April 2010, 20:18
I never said they didnt have whites in their organization, but when have they ever done anything in support of whites?

By supporting things like minimum wage laws and industrial safety standards (again, a 30 second search... am I the only person with access to Google?!), the NAACP has supported initiatives which have benefited Whites (usually poor Whites) as much or more than Blacks.

David Duke, in my view, is an idiot and a racist and should be laughed at.

Why would you laugh at David Duke and not Nick Griffin? They're cut from the same cloth... or sheet, as it were. :dozey:

There was nothing wrong with that video. I found it very telling. ;)

Jag_Warrior
30th April 2010, 20:32
and you see elements of that when you have Jimmy Carter castigating anyone who disagree's with Obama as a redneck racist.....

When did Carter castigate "anyone" who disagreed with Obama as a redneck racist?