PDA

View Full Version : Martin Johnson

Eurotech
25th April 2010, 15:01
Probably one of the suprises of the season so far has been the way that Martin's Astra gets faster as it gets older. Well done to him so far this weekend, I'm sure he's a firm fan favourite now :)

Btw, I like the way it still says 'Renault' on his overalls :p :

VkmSpouge
25th April 2010, 15:38
A fine performance by Martin Johnson so far this weekend, he must really like Rockingham.
In his interview after race 2 he said he's looking to upgrade the car for next season.

DazzlaF1
25th April 2010, 15:52
A fine performance by Martin Johnson so far this weekend, he must really like Rockingham.
In his interview after race 2 he said he's looking to upgrade the car for next season.

I think it was more to do with upgrading to fit in the new NGTC engine regulations coming in.

Anyways didnt he say that there is a slight possibility of a 2nd car, if so that is fantastic news

Eurotech
25th April 2010, 16:25
Maybe he should get James Thompson to drive a second car.... Thommo can work wonders with an Astra Coupe and he doesn't havea drive atm :D

AndySpeed
25th April 2010, 20:37
The car and driver are too old for me to be able to take them seriously - espeically with that livery unfortunately.

tisme
25th April 2010, 23:28
The car and driver are too old for me to be able to take them seriously - espeically with that livery unfortunately.

Is that going to be your summary of Martin when you finally up-date your web-site?

reidy_fan
26th April 2010, 21:15
martin is once of the nicest drivers I have came across, after he went off during qually at knockhill last year he was very appreciative to myself and my team for the way we got the car out of the gravel without doing any damage and managing to salvage his splitter. he made a fuss of me during the autograph session on the sunday as thanks. top bloke

I am evil Homer
27th April 2010, 09:38

Can he? Is it 2012 season where the car has to be "sold in the UK". Because that Astra will soon be 2 generations old and therefore not eligible.

Allyc85
27th April 2010, 18:21
martin is once of the nicest drivers I have came across, after he went off during qually at knockhill last year he was very appreciative to myself and my team for the way we got the car out of the gravel without doing any damage and managing to salvage his splitter. he made a fuss of me during the autograph session on the sunday as thanks. top bloke

Agreed, met him at Thruxton in the pits and he was a great laugh and top bloke. Also seems he can pedal a touring car very well too, would love to see him in a much more modern car :)

VkmSpouge
27th April 2010, 19:15
Can he? Is it 2012 season where the car has to be "sold in the UK". Because that Astra will soon be 2 generations old and therefore not eligible.

By upgrade I took to mean buy a newer car.