PDA

View Full Version : Matt Neal given a penalty for Thruxton incident

UltimateDanGTR
25th April 2010, 08:15
The infamous incident with Rob Collard at Thruxton has earned Neal a 290 euro penalty and 3 penalty points on his license. what strikes me as strange there is the use of the euro currency, when he is a british driver in a british championship.full story:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4678

MattL
25th April 2010, 09:24
It's not. The fine was in GBP. I think TCT have probably translated it.

More to the point though - views on the penalty? Does it fit the crime?

UltimateDanGTR
25th April 2010, 12:41
well after watching the replay over and over, maybe a touch unfair. at least it's not a 'major' penalty.

and i didn't realise TCT had translated it into euros, my apoligies.

MattL
25th April 2010, 12:51
and i didn't realise TCT had translated it into euros, my apoligies.

No need to apologise! It was a £250 fine I think.

BDunnell
25th April 2010, 12:58
Bit unfair. Racing incident, no worse than many.

RMLCruzeing82
25th April 2010, 13:15
Well sounds like the BTCC stewards not scared at giving out penalty's and i do think its fair.

Mp3 Astra
25th April 2010, 13:17
This sets a precedent once again. Will similar accidents attract similar penalties for the rest of this year?

Edit: Just to clarify: the precedent was set last year with Johnny Adam's tangle with Jason Plato, and again later in the year with Nash's mistake when passing Collard. Last year it was the younger, newer drivers who caused the high-profile penalties, now it seems nobody is immune, even for very debatable incidents.

Eurotech
25th April 2010, 14:50
I don't really think that penalty was needed to be honest, in my eyes it was just a racing incident but I guess the stewards saw differently...

Robinho
25th April 2010, 17:55
Thoroughly deserved, crap driving from Neal rightly punished, well done the stewards

Wasted Talent
25th April 2010, 20:35
Thoroughly deserved, crap driving from Neal rightly punished, well done the stewards

Fully agree.

Good to see my views on the previous thread justified by the Stewards descision

WT