PDA

View Full Version : Glew also out at Triple 8!

Robinho
23rd April 2010, 18:37
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83116

Phil Glew also not driving as of Rockingham, major sponsor UNIQ appear to have got there sums wrong and decided the BTCC isn't for them, so now we lose a great champion and one of the most promising newcomers - the BTCC suddenly looks like a much less exciting place

AndySpeed
23rd April 2010, 18:54
I'd be interested to know if they either weren't satisfied with the sponsorship and/or market, the budget they had allocated for promotion in the UK or if the interest was too large.

Eurotech
23rd April 2010, 19:18
From what I heard, the interest was much more than UNIQ were expecting and they won't be advertising until they have managed to expand the UK side to the buisiness.

Alfa Fan
23rd April 2010, 19:19
Sounds like bulls**t to me.

BDunnell
23rd April 2010, 19:25
From what I heard, the interest was much more than UNIQ were expecting and they won't be advertising until they have managed to expand the UK side to the buisiness.

If this is really the case, they sound like a spectacularly incompetent company. The truth, I suspect, is that they didn't feel they would derive sufficient benefits from season-long sponsorship. Why else, other than a shortage of money, does a company cease a sponsorship deal?

DazzlaF1
23rd April 2010, 19:53
If this is really the case, they sound like a spectacularly incompetent company. The truth, I suspect, is that they didn't feel they would derive sufficient benefits from season-long sponsorship. Why else, other than a shortage of money, does a company cease a sponsorship deal?

And in the process they have probably damaged their own reputation, sponsorship is supposed to be used as a platform to expand a business not the other way round.

I mean many companies would have killed for the amount of exposure UNIQ got at Thruxton.

BDunnell
23rd April 2010, 20:29
And in the process they have probably damaged their own reputation, sponsorship is supposed to be used as a platform to expand a business not the other way round.

To be honest, I doubt the number of people who will notice their absence as a BTCC sponsor is large enough to do a great deal of damage.

BDunnell
23rd April 2010, 22:03
Here, by the way, is something from Autosport:

"We severely underestimated the impact that our brand exposure would have on the demand for certain products and services in the UK market, so to maintain sponsorship with Triple 8 would actually present us with a series of business problems," a UNIQ spokesman told this week's AUTOSPORT magazine.

Er, really?

RMLCruzeing82
24th April 2010, 02:08
O FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!! :mad: whos next?

UltimateDanGTR
24th April 2010, 07:40
this is irritating.

Glew, Gio, Thompson all out of touring car teams in the last week.

still, like I said in the other thread:hope for the future

VkmSpouge
24th April 2010, 14:24
Here, by the way, is something from Autosport:

"We severely underestimated the impact that our brand exposure would have on the demand for certain products and services in the UK market, so to maintain sponsorship with Triple 8 would actually present us with a series of business problems," a UNIQ spokesman told this week's AUTOSPORT magazine.

Er, really?

So they are saying the sponsorship worked so well that they can't cope and have to pull out?

Yeeeeah.

I hope Phil Glew is able to find the money to continue.

RMLCruzeing82
24th April 2010, 16:12
some company if they cant cope lol....bloody americans :mad: