Andy Priaulx (UK) TeamVodafone
Scott Pruett (USA) Lucas Dumbrell Racing
Mika Salo (Finland) Bundaberg Red Racing Team
Alex Tagliani (Canada) Kelly Racing
Jacques Villeneuve (Canada) The Bottle-O Racing Team

Brilliant!

ShiftingGears
22nd April 2010, 13:29
I wonder if Cochrane was pulling the strings. That's a fantastic lineup.

I am evil Homer
22nd April 2010, 13:58
Holy crap....real mixture of touring car drivers and guys who know the circuit. The stand-outs for me are:

Scott Dixon (New Zealand) Jack Daniel’s Racing
Will Power (Australia) Ford Performance Racing
Andy Priaulx (UK) TeamVodafone

Talented drivers, Dixon knows the circuit well, Power is a real talent and Andy of course knows RWD touring cars.

UltimateDanGTR
22nd April 2010, 17:48
Priaulx, Muller, Menu, Dixon, Franchitti, Power, Morbidelli, Gio all highlights for me.

and the rest are all pretty well known in the motorsport world, great line up! It will be very interesting to see how they all get on. ex F1 drivers, WTCC and BTCC former/current drivers, IndyCar stars, and several major racing championships in the lot-pretty damn good!

I look foward to this.

ykiki
28th April 2010, 16:46
Looking forward to seeing this. Pruett, Briscoe & Bourdais are also former winners on this circuit.

AndySpeed
28th April 2010, 21:57
This speaks volumes for what the organisers are doing right. Brilliant stuff.

Rollo
29th April 2010, 07:15
Of all of them Andy Priaulx and Fabrizio Giovanardi have had the most miles in a V8 Supercars.
Priaulx has been to two Bathursts (2002 and 2003) whereas Gio was at 2008.

And of those two, Priaulx has the better chance of finishing somewhere decent. It seems though that 888 aren't quite so dim, as they're putting him in Lowndes' car and not Whincup's.

http://www.teamvodafone.com.au/2010/04/23/three-time-world-touring-car-champion-joins-teamvodafone-for-armor-all-gold-coast-600/

I am evil Homer
29th April 2010, 09:17
He has the best equipment IMO and Power knows the track and has FPR so those two could be serious contenders for the win.

RJL25
30th April 2010, 11:05
Rollo, Giovanardi has only done 2 V8 supercar races before, their are a number of drivers on that list who have done more then that.

The most experienced is David Brabham who has raced V8 Supercar on a lot of occasions now and has always conducted himself very well.

Giovanardi, Menu, Muller, Priaulx, have all raced a V8 before and done ok, but haven't been anywhere near the pace of the top guys in the catagory, Pruett and Tagliani have both done Bathurst before and frankly where terrible, they will definetly struggle,V8 Supercars thanks to their weight and spooled diff are very tricky cars to drive and Pruett and Tagliani had absolutely nothing when they came out last.

Briscoe and Power have both raced V8's before, Briscoe in particular has been lightening quick and will have the advantage of doing Bathurst 2 weeks before this event so will be up to speed with the car, he is probably the pick of the international drivers.

Everyone else has had no miles in a V8 Supercar before so who knows how they will go? One thing for sure is that Morbidelli and Patrick Long (whoever that is) will struggle no matter what because their in crap cars.

One other thing we know is that if Bourdais does **** he will definetly say that its all the teams fault and not his...

RJL25
30th April 2010, 11:09
Personally though I think the international drivers stand no chance of a win, the likes of Tander, Whincup, Courtney and Winterbottom will be driving wit their regular co-drivers who are all far more experienced in V8 Supercars than the internationals, it'd be nice to see one of them win, but its unlikely.

racer69
30th April 2010, 16:08
Personally though I think the international drivers stand no chance of a win, the likes of Tander, Whincup, Courtney and Winterbottom will be driving wit their regular co-drivers who are all far more experienced in V8 Supercars than the internationals, it'd be nice to see one of them win, but its unlikely.

Exactly, what we will effectively have is a Division 1 and a Division 2 race at this event