View Full Version : Unusual tuning

KartMag
20th April 2010, 08:33
Japanese are getting crazy!
http://www.juliapetrova.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Tuning_1.jpg
:eek:

Mark
20th April 2010, 08:54
You're not going to get many miles out of those tyres.

Lousada
20th April 2010, 11:01
Speedbumps will be interesting...

Brown, Jon Brow
20th April 2010, 11:06
I prefer to play my guitar with standard tuning. I sometimes tune the low E down to a D though. ;)

Mark in Oshawa
20th April 2010, 17:55
Not any dumber than those dingbats you see in the US with huge low profiles on an ugly Chevy Caprice that looks like it is trying to be a monster truck.

Captain VXR
20th April 2010, 23:04
Odd to say the least
Edit - videos http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/15/video-tuned-japanese-car-is-very-off-camber/ here

Bob Riebe
20th April 2010, 23:18
Not any dumber than those dingbats you see in the US with huge low profiles on an ugly Chevy Caprice that looks like it is trying to be a monster truck.
I find the NOT extremely wide nineteen (or more) inch diameter wheels on Cadillacs to be far more offensive, ESPECIALLY when they do not fit within wheel-well.

Anything over 17 inches on any car is the modern version of a moron jacking the rear of their car up to imitate a Pro-stock car in the seventies. (And yes Detroit is play people for fools, partly by the horribly ungainly blocky or porky chunky shapes they call modern car design)
Although any wannabe with a rear-wing on a front-wheel-drive crap wagon, makes the above seem at least semi-intelligent.

Rollo
21st April 2010, 00:14
This isn't "tuning".
Tuning is the art of modifying a car in order to improve its performance, handling and presentation and improve the owner's driving style.
- Fast Fours and Rotaries.

Doing that to this car doesn't improve its performance (it makes it worse), wouldn't improve its handling (it would make it more difficult to drive), and doesn't improve its presentation (the owner looks like a right ****er).

Mark in Oshawa
21st April 2010, 00:46
This isn't "tuning".
Tuning is the art of modifying a car in order to improve its performance, handling and presentation and improve the owner's driving style.
- Fast Fours and Rotaries.

Doing that to this car doesn't improve its performance (it makes it worse), wouldn't improve its handling (it would make it more difficult to drive), and doesn't improve its presentation (the owner looks like a right ****er).

I agree, but the kids who wear their pants around their knees and their hats on sideways figure making the car look cool is tuning...

ShiftingGears
21st April 2010, 09:57
I prefer to play my guitar with standard tuning. I sometimes tune the low E down to a D though. ;)

I also, although half-step down is also quite good.

Azumanga Davo
21st April 2010, 14:25
That Mercedes been on Talladega?

CarlMetro
21st April 2010, 15:20
Perhaps it's not meant to look like that but has four fat blokes inside it? Not everything you see has been done on purpose :p