PDA

View Full Version : Most likely to not have a 2011 drive?

Ranger
18th April 2010, 14:31
We have finished the handful of pre-Europe races.

Assuming all the teams make it to 2011 I will say the following will not make it based on the first four races:

- de la Rosa (better than Kobayashi but will be 40 next year)
- Kobayashi
- Trulli (Kovalainen is solidly beating him atm)
- Schumacher (But hopefully he improves soon. Because there is something quite sad about a has-been)

Just a bit of speculation. :)

steveaki13
18th April 2010, 15:38
If I repeat if teams were dropping drivers after these 4 races I think the following would miss out on any 2011 seat.

Schumacher :(
Kobayashi :dozey:
Trulli? (Not sure but I think he may leave Lotus through frustration and may not get another drive). :eek:
Di Grassi (Too early to tell yet, but as I said above if on these 4 races).

Wasted Talent
18th April 2010, 15:39
Liuzzi - I can see di Resta in the Force India before 2011 (hopefully)

WT

fandango
18th April 2010, 15:44
De La Rosa doesn't seem happy. He was interviewed on Catalan TV3 just after his retirement, and he said that he was happy with his driving, but whatever way he said it, it seemed that he was saying "Well I'm doing MY job, now the team needs to do theirs." This is very unusual from him, he's always been very fair and diplomatic before as a commentator on Spanish Channel La Sexta. Maybe he let rip a little while speaking in Catalan...

markabilly
18th April 2010, 15:46
schuie....

Sonic
18th April 2010, 16:04
Nick Heildfeld!

He'll replace Schu for Germany onwards but not do enough to secure a seat for 2011 with Sutil replacing him at Merc.

F1boat
18th April 2010, 16:05
Schumacher, alas :(

Robinho
18th April 2010, 16:12
think its last chance saloon for;

Liuzzi
De La Rosa

Kobyashi might be lucky, the Torro Rosso boys will have to do something a little more to stay around.

MS - tough to call, think he will jump before he is pushed.

Trulli ought to be safe, think the 2 experienced drivers are exactly what a team like Lotus needs, and will still need next year

UltimateDanGTR
18th April 2010, 16:20
de la rosa

toro rosso guys, trulli, Liuzzi all might be out next year, but these are alot less predictable than what i expect will be the end of de la rosa's career after 2010. (at this rate he'll leave rather than get fired: those saubers are doing nothing-that's what you get from an entrant who was only confirmed in december, ex bmw or not)

jens
18th April 2010, 18:13
I don't think Trulli will be pushed out after this season unless Fernandes thinks that they badly need local driver Fauzy in the race seat for marketing reasons.

I can't agree with Malllen that DLR is beating Kobayashi. Kobayashi has outqualified de la Rosa for the last two weekends and is gradually becoming more competitive. Kamui has also been plain unlucky to suffer car failures or unavoidable crashes in every single race so far.

Schumacher is a mystery - have no idea, what he, Brawn and Haug are thinking about the current situation now.

But the men in danger are:
- Liuzzi (di Resta is waiting...);
- Buemi (Ricciardo is waiting...);
- de la Rosa (not impossible that he might lose the drive already this season... Sauber needs cash and a paydriver, which have created some vague Maldonado-rumours);
And also a few drivers in the new teams - di Grassi if he fails to impress; Senna or Chandhok if HRT folds, changes ownership or finds other paydrivers with a fatter paycheque or better CV.

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2010, 19:29
Luizzi has been fine until this weekend. In quali he got stuck in traffic and then just lost it on the first lap. I'd give a while before giving Di Resta his drive.

Nikki Katz
18th April 2010, 19:45
I think that the ones previously mentioned are the obvious ones, though personally I think that Trulli will still be around, Liuzzi and Kobayashi stand a reasonable chance.

I think there's an outside chance that we could lose Massa, Webber and Barrichello though, but I'm not expecting to lose them.

Langdale Forest
18th April 2010, 19:46
Micheal Schumacher

Wasted Talent
18th April 2010, 20:39
Luizzi has been fine until this weekend. In quali he got stuck in traffic and then just lost it on the first lap. I'd give a while before giving Di Resta his drive.

Not sure about that - he has been behind Sutil who doesn't seem to be getting the max out of the FI, but to be fair to him getting only half the Friday running is a major disadvantage for him

WT

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2010, 21:04
Not sure about that - he has been behind Sutil who doesn't seem to be getting the max out of the FI, but to be fair to him getting only half the Friday running is a major disadvantage for him

WT

Luizzi scored strong points in the first two races while Sutil was getting into accidents. Give him a fair chance.

Jag_Warrior
18th April 2010, 21:56
I don't know what the expectations of the team are, but I don't think either of the Toro Rosso drivers is all that impressive. Also, I'd say Pedro de la Rosa is showing to be past his "use by date".

As for Schumacher, true, he's just not driving up to expectations. But it's not like he's been a total flop. And given who he is, and what that means to the team (and the sponsors), I don't see a chance in hell of them dropping him. He might decide to walk away if things don't get better. But IMO, he won't be fired.

The other drivers with targets on their backs are any of the ride buyers, who begin causing more damage to equipment than their checks are covering. I really don't care too much for Petrov, but I think this weekend's excellent performance moved him away from that group.

ioan
18th April 2010, 21:59
I don't know what the expectations of the team are, but I don't think either of the Toro Rosso drivers is all that impressive. Also, I'd say Pedro de la Rosa is showing to be past his "use by date".

As for Schumacher, true, he's just not driving up to expectations. But it's not like he's been a total flop. And given who he is, and what that means to the team (and the sponsors), I don't see a chance in hell of them dropping him. He might decide to walk away if things don't get better. But IMO, he won't be fired.

The other drivers with targets on their backs are any of the ride buyers, who begin causing more damage to equipment than their checks are covering. I really don't care too much for Petrov, but I think this weekend's excellent performance moved him away from that group.

That sums it up rather well.

Saint Devote
18th April 2010, 23:22
Schumacher is a mystery - have no idea, what he, Brawn and Haug are thinking about the current situation now

The team is going to change the chassis - number 3 - he has been using all season from the Spanish Grand Prix onwards.

I can only presume that they have found some structural fault.

Sonic
18th April 2010, 23:31
The team is going to change the chassis - number 3 - he has been using all season from the Spanish Grand Prix onwards.

Changing chassis is SOP. They may have found a fault but I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on it. :)

maximilian
19th April 2010, 03:54
Don't be so sure. There are plenty of corporate bigwigs in Daimler-Benz who not only don't like Mercedes' involvement as a full constructor from a cost point of view, given the dire economic situation, but who also may well raise a stink about the $20some Million paid to Schumi. At those kinds of salary levels it just won't cut it to make 1/5th of the points of your team mate who makes 1/10th of the pay (or whatever it is... I don't know what Rosberg makes... anyone?). For that kind of money, results are a must, or the corporates will grumble. Arguably, Heidfeld would have scored a bunch more points this season already... pure speculation of course, but I just have a hunch on that...

truefan72
19th April 2010, 04:49
think its last chance saloon for;

Liuzzi
De La Rosa

Kobyashi might be lucky, the Torro Rosso boys will have to do something a little more to stay around.

MS - tough to call, think he will jump before he is pushed.

Trulli ought to be safe, think the 2 experienced drivers are exactly what a team like Lotus needs, and will still need next year

good analysis

I think Trulli retires along with Rubens

MSC is a tough call. I thought he would shine in China given the conditions, but I think that he has not forgotten how to drive and the adjustment period to a different car, team management philosophy and a tough competition are proving a bit more difficult to get up to speed.

I think both STR guys are safe. As is kobayashi.

Liuzzi has diResta breathing down his neck and might actually might be in a ride share or completely out of the seat by year's end. I think he would still be in F1 in 2001, but probably not with Force India.

harsha
19th April 2010, 06:31
I don't see Schumacher getting fired , he brings quite a lot of publicity and sponsors to the team .... he might well decide to call it a day but I don't see him getting the boot...

I think Rubens , Trulli , PDLR are on the way out...most esp Trulli , who's brought nothing new and has long overstayed his welcome...

SGWilko
19th April 2010, 09:44
Changing chassis is SOP. They may have found a fault but I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on it. :)

If MS is just as slow with the new chassis - he'll look a proper muppet.

jens
19th April 2010, 11:42

Err... but wasn't Rosberg supposed to be the No.2 driver, who gets all the problems? :p : Looks like after the swap of numbers by demand of Schumacher Mercedes forgot to swap the inherent chassis problems! :p :

Jag_Warrior
19th April 2010, 18:26
Don't be so sure. There are plenty of corporate bigwigs in Daimler-Benz who not only don't like Mercedes' involvement as a full constructor from a cost point of view, given the dire economic situation, but who also may well raise a stink about the $20some Million paid to Schumi. At those kinds of salary levels it just won't cut it to make 1/5th of the points of your team mate who makes 1/10th of the pay (or whatever it is... I don't know what Rosberg makes... anyone?). For that kind of money, results are a must, or the corporates will grumble. Arguably, Heidfeld would have scored a bunch more points this season already... pure speculation of course, but I just have a hunch on that...

Plenty of corporate bigwigs within Daimler who don't support the F1 project? Who are they? How many are there? How do we know this for fact?

Unless one of them is Dieter Zetsche and he's leading that effort, I suggest the lieutenants get in line, lest they wind up "pursuing other opportunities, effective immediately."

Look, it's no secret that I don't like Schumacher. But considering who is he and what he has accomplished, unless he ends the year as a total flop, I don't think that a small cadre of junior VP's in Stuttgart has the power to send him packing. I think that if he's doing that badly by season's end, he'll leave on his own - the man does have pride and an ego to feed. As for Quick Nick scoring more points than Schumacher has thus far, that's pure speculation. That's possible. Just as it's possible that Timo Glock might have more points if he was there too. But unlike Schumacher, neither one of them has PROVEN that he can get the job done. I mean, there's a very good reason that both those guys are now B List drivers.

I can't believe that I'm here defending Schumacher! Surely the planets have gotten out of alignment or
something. :D

Dzeidzei
19th April 2010, 18:52
The obvious one is missing: Webbo.

19th April 2010, 19:25

Nah, the obvious one is Kimi.

If somebody with the work ethic of Schumacher is struggling, imagine how a lazy work-shy driver would fail to cope.

maximilian
19th April 2010, 19:33
Plenty of corporate bigwigs within Daimler who don't support the F1 project? Who are they? How many are there? How do we know this for fact?
Erich Klemm, employee representative on the Daimler board and chairman of its Corporate Works Council, who decried [MercedesGP's purchase of BrawnGP] as an unnecessary cost when money is tight and other automakers are withdrawing from the series. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/18/mercedes-grand-prix-searches-for-drivers-while-dispelling-board/

He surely isn't the only one, given said withdrawal of Honda, Toyota, and half-Renault, and the recent losses by Mercedes. If the board were to not support it, there is only so much the Chair can do before facing too much criticism and/or being voted over or even out.

maximilian
19th April 2010, 19:52
As for Quick Nick scoring more points than Schumacher has thus far, that's pure speculation. That's possible. Just as it's possible that Timo Glock might have more points if he was there too. But unlike Schumacher, neither one of them has PROVEN that he can get the job done. I mean, there's a very good reason that both those guys are now B List drivers.
That's true, it is pure speculation on my part. They may be B-List drivers, but the point is, how long will there be corporate support to pay Schumacher AA+List money with C-List results? :D

Btw, I am not trying to malign him. I envisioned his comeback with Mercedes long before it became reality, and anticipated it with excitement, and I hope very much that it all comes together after all, for the sake of F1 and "my" car brand Mercedes. F1 with Schumacher challenging is a lot more exciting (love him or love to hate him, choose your side) than F1 with Schumacher putzing around in 10th place. :)

ioan
19th April 2010, 22:23
Erich Klemm, employee representative on the Daimler board and chairman of its Corporate Works Council, who decried [MercedesGP's purchase of BrawnGP] as an unnecessary cost when money is tight and other automakers are withdrawing from the series. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/18/mercedes-grand-prix-searches-for-drivers-while-dispelling-board/

He surely isn't the only one, given said withdrawal of Honda, Toyota, and half-Renault, and the recent losses by Mercedes. If the board were to not support it, there is only so much the Chair can do before facing too much criticism and/or being voted over or even out.

I am rather sure that the board will do something with the employee representative's opinion as it's not his money who they are spending.

If anyone on that board, who is against Mercedes being in F1, would have had the power you talk about they would have never bought out Brawn.

Mia 01
20th April 2010, 08:32

If somebody with the work ethic of Schumacher is struggling, imagine how a lazy work-shy driver would fail to cope.

Skills and talent!!

CNR
20th April 2010, 08:46
i think Jarno Trulli will be replaced by mark
Sebastien Buemi will be replaced going on the way the work at toro rosso

SGWilko
20th April 2010, 09:14

Nah, he'll have a drive next year, but I doubt it'll be in a Red Bull.....

555-04Q2
20th April 2010, 11:08
Probably Schumacher. The old boy has been very dissapointing so far this season :(

I am evil Homer
20th April 2010, 12:05

Least Kimi had talent to win a WDC....same can't be said of Massa. Will Ferrari really replace him with Kubica?!?

Mia 01
20th April 2010, 15:33
Least Kimi had talent to win a WDC....same can't be said of Massa. Will Ferrari really replace him with Kubica?!?

Yup. It seeems likely that either Alonso or Massa will have to leave Ferrari after this year.

woody2goody
27th April 2010, 18:21
So far I think that all the drivers have done a good job so far this year.

I'm sick of people slagging off Liuzzi for no reason. In the first two races he scored points while Sutil did nothing, and Tonio has been consistent and fast so far.

Schumacher has a three year deal which I can see him honouring, Kobayashi has only a handful of GPs to his name, the Toro Rosso boys have been fine, especially Jaime who has been great this year, and I see Trulli doing well when they sort the hydraulic issues at Lotus.

Mia 01
27th April 2010, 20:30
If we shall belive rumours, Pedro is a bit loose at the moment.