PDA

View Full Version : Giovanardi

Darlo
14th April 2010, 23:26
It would appear from Fab's Facebook page he is not going to be racing at the Rock.

Can't find any reference online - does anyone know anything??? :confused:

Captain VXR
14th April 2010, 23:34
It would appear from Fab's Facebook page he is not going to be racing at the Rock.

Can't find any reference online - does anyone know anything??? :confused:

aw crap

if this is true i better change my pickems :(

mattie007
15th April 2010, 00:01
Surely he did enough at Thruxton??

AndySpeed
15th April 2010, 11:38
Surely he did enough at Thruxton??

The bigger picture though would be whether Uniq really feel the need to sponsor a car for the whole season over here, perhaps they have decided not to.

Eurotech
15th April 2010, 18:33
:'( noooooooo

PDS
15th April 2010, 20:30
The bigger picture though would be whether Uniq really feel the need to sponsor a car for the whole season over here, perhaps they have decided not to.

I hear they just haven't decided yet?

At least 888 will have Phil Glew for the next couple of rounds if Gio doesn't return.

BTW. don't expect to be talking to Gio if you contact that facebook page!!

Alfa Fan
15th April 2010, 20:33
Uniq were due to decide today I believe as to whether they would continue. Let's hope after the exposure at Thruxton they decide to give it a few more rounds. I can't imagine they were disappointed with the results.

AndySpeed
16th April 2010, 23:17
So James Nash is in for Giovanardi? Shame that the Italian maestro couldn't finish the season. Nash is a good driver but not in the same way to the fans as Gio.

I know Gio did his one meeting and that's that. Still a shame to me. Hope 888 can continue to produce a good livery.

MrJan
16th April 2010, 23:29
I thought that Gio showed at Thruxton that he is different gravy to a lot of drivers, would be interesting to hear why James Nash was given the go ahead instead. Okay so Nash probably has more cash to buy the drive but Gio will be the TV time and attraction that a sponsor should want, Nash on the other hand is just not as interesting.

Mp3 Astra
17th April 2010, 00:54
That is quite ridiculous. How can someone, who is clearly going to be a dominant force in the series, not get a drive? That said, maybe Gio didn't want it, but I find that very hard to believe.

I'm really disappointed.

BTCC2
17th April 2010, 01:35
So that's Turkington and Giovanardi without drives now then...Great.

RMLCruzeing82
17th April 2010, 01:36
Take a read

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4638

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4640

UltimateDanGTR
17th April 2010, 10:42
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1883

so, James Nash takes Gio's place from rockingham onwards.

what a world. 2 of the best drivers in BTCC 2009 are not drivers in 2010. ridiculous. good luck to gio though whatever he intends to do.

mattie007
17th April 2010, 12:16
At least the car is still on the grid.
Surely Gio has the money to help fund his drive.

reidy_fan
17th April 2010, 12:36
in BTCC money talks end of story, if you have an international license and a sackful of cash you race. doesnt matter how fast you are that is why Colin Turkington, Fab Gio and Jonny adam are sitting twiddling their thumbs and we have Nash, Neate and Kane in their cars (okay kane is probably good enough to be there) add that to the gentleman racers like George, Johnson and hollamby. No disrepect to those lads all 3 are top men and really sound but they arent top international class drivers

this is part of the reason I am enjoying club racing more and more, level playing field and a chance to see raw talent

RMLCruzeing82
17th April 2010, 15:15
this is part of the reason I am enjoying club racing more and more, level playing field and a chance to see raw talent

i have to agree with you there. i love the touring car seen...and have done since i was a wee nipper but i am loving the club racing more and more myself. you cant beat the old cars ripping around Oulton Park, Cadwell, Croft with talented hard charging drivers behind the wheel....for what?...just for the fun of racing thats what

BDunnell
17th April 2010, 18:26
in BTCC money talks end of story, if you have an international license and a sackful of cash you race. doesnt matter how fast you are that is why Colin Turkington, Fab Gio and Jonny adam are sitting twiddling their thumbs and we have Nash, Neate and Kane in their cars (okay kane is probably good enough to be there) add that to the gentleman racers like George, Johnson and hollamby. No disrepect to those lads all 3 are top men and really sound but they arent top international class drivers

I don't see why anyone should be on a downer about James Nash returning to the championship. He performed well last year, and ought to be able to win races in the Vectra. I'm glad to see him back.

MrJan
17th April 2010, 21:36
I thought that Neate did fairly well at Thruxton too, especially given that it was his first BTCC drive.

BDunnell
17th April 2010, 21:47
I thought that Neate did fairly well at Thruxton too, especially given that it was his first BTCC drive.

In the third race, yes, his lap times became a lot more competitive.

Mp3 Astra
18th April 2010, 00:44
I don't see why anyone should be on a downer about James Nash returning to the championship. He performed well last year, and ought to be able to win races in the Vectra. I'm glad to see him back.

It's not so much that him returning is a bad thing; it's Gio's absence that is causing me upset. I will admit, however, that Nash did impress me at the end of last season (after his silly incident at Snett) so there is no reason why he can't do well in this good car.

Captain VXR
18th April 2010, 21:16
oh for f*** sake :(

RMLCruzeing82
21st April 2010, 03:04
oh for f*** sake :(

i agree. i wont plato to win the championship but id like plato to do it with gio on the grid

racer69
22nd April 2010, 02:50
Surely Gio has the money to help fund his drive.

Giovanardi is a professional racing driver, he gets paid to race, he doesn't fork out his own hard-earned.

Robinho
22nd April 2010, 09:49
its got to be Plato (or maybe Neal) this year now hasn't it, surely Gio, Turkington and Thompson (also now without a drive) should be represented on the BTCC grid