PDA

View Full Version : Renault F1 testing at Silverstone

Racingdick
1st March 2007, 22:55
was at silverstone last week with a friend who was at a drfifting test in the middle of the circuit, anyhows got to the circuit about 11am and while travelling around the outer part of the circuit alongdide hanger straight (heading to the bridge) heard the unmistakable whale of an F1 car..

Thought i'd died on gone to heaven!! not heard an F1 car since the 2001 @ the British GP and not seen an F1 car upclose since Damon Hill tested in 1993 at Pembrey..

Took a left over the bridge heading to the top of Hanger Straight where Renault F1 were parked up on the inside of Stowe, parked up next to the F1 personel and hopped out with the Fiancee and digi SLR lookalike in hand.. walked up to fence took a few snaps and poked my head around the 'open barrier and a few more snaps.. typical security said no photos but were happy for me to be there.

Spent the day taking photos for my friend while drifting and having a few passenger rides around the basic drift circuit that had been set up. All the time Zonta was blasting up and down Hanger Straight.

Day over and with time to kill before heading to Silverstone village pub and i thought we'd take another trip to Stowe corner.. they had finished and were packing up

HOWEVER this time we ventured near and one of the test team personnel asked if we (my financee and myself) wanted a closer look, with point and shoot camera in hand we werent going to turn the offer down. Had about a 10 min chat and the 'have to be done' me and an F1 car photos.

Have to say the team were so obliging and so friendly, certainly going to be routing for Renault this year!!!

Racingdick
1st March 2007, 22:59
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0355td7.jpg

Rippers
1st March 2007, 23:42
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0355td7.jpg

sound like a great bunch of lads but i support Renault because of Fisichella anyway :)

I have got to go to a test one day though for sure!

Ari
1st March 2007, 23:45
Ahhhhh, I love feelgood stories! :)