PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone beat Loeb

MotorSportAutographs.com
10th April 2010, 16:14
Can anyone beat Loeb this year, he seams not to make silly mistakes until the pressure is off, but every one else seems to be under full pressure when points are all level.
For me this year its going to pan out like this Loeb, Solberg then hirvonen.

Hopefully when the new cars come out there will be more contenders as its by far the the best 4 wheeled motorsport to watch and get pictures for.

I dont mind Loeb but would like to see it contested i no that it went to the last race last year but it did not feel like it, with the massive win rate Loeb started to run away with. It was only mistakes that kept other people close.

N.O.T
10th April 2010, 16:29
only latvala in some events and hirvonen in finland maybe... but to lose the championship Loeb must make mistakes. Speedwise currently he beats them all like dogs with sick owners.

And then we have the finish rautenbach.....

MotorSportAutographs.com
10th April 2010, 17:14
he beats them all like dogs with sick owners.

Thats for sure hirvonen silly mistake has made it even harder for him, i also think this slow down for track position for the next day is a bit rubbish.
It would be nice to change it from stage to stage then every one would push all the way home and thats what we want to see, as its not F1 and we dont need all that rubbish even F1 are changing it.

Francis44
10th April 2010, 19:04
Perhaps he can take a vacation untill later in the year, comeback and still be champion.

Langdale Forest
10th April 2010, 19:14
Loeb can win everywhere and anywhere, any surface...

He is the greatest WRC driver.

N.O.T
10th April 2010, 19:21
now with the retirement from Jordan i expect Hirvonen to be even more cautious....you would expect that from a country that produced drivers like Makinen Alen Toivonen and even gronholm the new breed would be just like them but i guess the managers nowadays over there at lake city need more Kimis and less latvalas so its good.

I doubt that in Turkey Hirvonen will use more than 1st gear just out of seer terror.

Langdale Forest
10th April 2010, 19:24
Latvala is a good rally driver, better than kimi kid.

Don't be so negative about Mikko, he is a good driver and he will be pushing hard for the win in Turkey.

Mintexmemory
10th April 2010, 19:47
Can't believe some of the hype being spouted, he's already been beaten this season. If it wasn't for others protecting their Citroen contracts / leased cars he may well have been beaten twice more. Seb L is extremely good, unfortunately the Focus has always been an inferior car so Mikko and J- MLhave to drive much harder to compete with him in any given situation.
Roll on the prevention of sweeper tactics rules.

Red bull
10th April 2010, 21:39
he can be beaten when he is not driving a c4 the only car he knows best :s mokin:

N.O.T
10th April 2010, 21:40
hmmm what about the xsara ?

JFL
10th April 2010, 22:38
If you put Loeb in the same car as the rest... He'll be in top 3... It's stupid to think that he is that much better.. But .. as it is now.. Very good driver in the best car and best team... nobody can beat him....
But... Let's see... maybe..

Francis44
10th April 2010, 22:41
Can't believe some of the hype being spouted, he's already been beaten this season. If it wasn't for others protecting their Citroen contracts / leased cars he may well have been beaten twice more. Seb L is extremely good, unfortunately the Focus has always been an inferior car so Mikko and J- MLhave to drive much harder to compete with him in any given situation.
Roll on the prevention of sweeper tactics rules.

What about when he drove the Xsara WRC?? Seriously your made up excuses just make me laugh out of my butt.

JFL
10th April 2010, 22:45
the xsara was also the best car at it's time...

N.O.T
10th April 2010, 23:08
name a champion in the history of WRC that didn't drive the best car at the time....

JFL
10th April 2010, 23:12
name a champion in the history of WRC that didn't drive the best car at the time....

N.O.T
10th April 2010, 23:19
no...

any other ? no

case closed...

JFL
10th April 2010, 23:21
:eek:
Sorry.. No other mr, knowitall... maybe 1995..

N.O.T
10th April 2010, 23:21
exactly

JFL
10th April 2010, 23:27
Anyway.. It's good to see you admit that loeb is in the best car.. So... Put him in a Focus or Sub.. and let's see what happends.. ;)

Francis44
10th April 2010, 23:30
Anyway.. It's good to see you admit that loeb is in the best car.. So... Put him in a Focus or Sub.. and let's see what happends.. ;)

Fail.....

Loeb, in his first WRC event was already on the pace with fastest guys, and the Xsara WRC wasn't the top car at that time. I believe it was in Sanremo, he was on the pace with the best drivers (Colin Mcrae, Carloz Sainz, Delecour, etc....). I believe that if he was driving a Xsara WRC this year he woukd still be able to beat Mikko, just like he won over Marcus.

Josti
11th April 2010, 00:07
Fail.....

Loeb, in his first WRC event was already on the pace with fastest guys, and the Xsara WRC wasn't the top car at that time. I believe it was in Sanremo, he was on the pace with the best drivers (Colin Mcrae, Carloz Sainz, Delecour, etc....). I believe that if he was driving a Xsara WRC this year he woukd still be able to beat Mikko, just like he won over Marcus.

In his defence...

The Xsara was overly developed on tarmac, and it was quick on the go in Catalunya 2001, with Puras and Bugalski (other teams even protested against their speed). Loeb was more or less a product from Citroën in the making, so even as early as 2001, he was comfortable within the team. Putting Sainz, McRae and Delecour as an example is a bit unlucky, since the Focus 01 on Pirelli tyres wasn't the most competitive package on tarmac. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that it was a fabulous debut drive for Loeb at Citroën, even catching up with asphalt ace Panizzi for much of the rally.

I just doubt that Loeb ever had a hard time at Citroën, and that over the years, the cars have been increasingly customised to his likening. And well, judging from recent years, Citroën's pretty much a one man team. Loeb is a remarkable driver, best of it's time, but there are other aspects to consider why he has such a huge record, and it ain't all talent.

Ghostwalker
11th April 2010, 01:05
In his defence...

The Xsara was overly developed on tarmac, and it was quick on the go in Catalunya 2001, with Puras and Bugalski (other teams even protested against their speed). Loeb was more or less a product from Citroën in the making, so even as early as 2001, he was comfortable within the team. Putting Sainz, McRae and Delecour as an example is a bit unlucky, since the Focus 01 on Pirelli tyres wasn't the most competitive package on tarmac. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that it was a fabulous debut drive for Loeb at Citroën, even catching up with asphalt ace Panizzi for much of the rally.

I just doubt that Loeb ever had a hard time at Citroën, and that over the years, the cars have been increasingly customised to his likening. And well, judging from recent years, Citroën's pretty much a one man team. Loeb is a remarkable driver, best of it's time, but there are other aspects to consider why he has such a huge record, and it ain't all talent.

But you could also ask the question of why the Xsara and C4 have become so much better then the Focuses and Imprezas?

Perhaps Loeb is the difference? That he has done a better job with giving feedback to the engineers or perhaps its thanks to his
driving skill and skill in setting up the car that the Citroens have been better then its opponents?

MrJan
11th April 2010, 08:36
I don't think that it matters if Loeb is in the best car, any idiot can see that he's a pretty special driver. Let's remember that he has driven with 2 of the all time greats in his team, and thoroughly beaten a lot of other top quality drivers. His record may not have looked so good if he'd been around in the late '90s but it would still have been pretty impressive.

MotorSportAutographs.com
11th April 2010, 10:02
Lets hope the new Ford is better than the rest, then we may see loeb win in a not as good car, but with all the top rally cars Loeb and Citroen are putting out, you would say they have the edge before the racing starts.

N.O.T
11th April 2010, 10:04

he will be a winner again and again and again and again....

with Ifs and Buts you can build whole empires....what stays in history are the facts....

Xsara-WRC
11th April 2010, 11:26
You can like or hate a driver or car ....... but still respect the guy's for their talent !!
Put Loeb in the same car as the rest ....... he will still be a winner like today :)
Did Citroën have the best car or even bether than the Focus in 2006 ?
For sure on tarmac , but not all other surfaces where the Focus was sometimes better than the older Xsara .
Loeb can win everywhere and anywhere and any surface.......that's a fact !
But this is just my thought ;)

Barreis
11th April 2010, 18:49
I hope that ford guys will fail..

Mintexmemory
11th April 2010, 22:22
What about when he drove the Xsara WRC?? Seriously your made up excuses just make me laugh out of my butt.

And god knows you must have a pretty big butt since it appears you want to talk out of it too :p
The Xsara was also better developed at that stage than the Focus then!
I am not making excuses for anyone or anything, merely stating what others have said - A great driver in the best team with the best car in a series that suits his strengths.

N.O.T
11th April 2010, 22:51
I hope that ford guys will fail..

nice straight forward reaction but i would prefer if you used some better and more poetic words for it ...like...

I live to see the demise of the ford guys

or even

i will feed on ford tears after this year too...

put some poetry into your life and you will gain respect in here like myself.

Guillaumemex
11th April 2010, 23:40
Best car, best car... For his first full season, his team mates was Carlos Sainz and Colin McRae. And what? He beat them.
to say "Loeb win because he has always been the best car" is an insult for Sordo, Duval, McRae and Sainz.

I am evil Homer
12th April 2010, 03:12
Wow some people can be dense. I remember through his career Loeb has always been criticised by the Scandinavians always looking for excuses as to why he whipped their boys:

First it was Xsara being the best - then he dominated in C4
Then he was only really a tarmac driver - then he won Sweden and Finland
Then it was the differentials - he still won
Then it was Michelin 'special' tyres Citroen had - he won on Pirellis
Then it was...well who knows.

Some people need to face facts. He's the best driver of his generation by a long, long way and arguably the best ever (not just in terms of pure statistics).

AndyRAC
12th April 2010, 08:24
Wow some people can be dense. I remember through his career Loeb has always been criticised by the Scandinavians always looking for excuses as to why he whipped their boys:

Some people need to face facts. He's the best driver of his generation by a long, long way and arguably the best ever (not just in terms of pure statistics).

Yes, absolutely, but that's far too simple for some people to accept. There must be some other reason......

N.O.T
12th April 2010, 09:10

well i feel great sympathy for the finish managers...i think we need a memorial for them and their talents....i mean they work hard night and day paying the teams to manage and get a seat for their youngsters and here comes this french kid who starts rallying at the age of 21 and kidnaps their dogs out of their back yard...i would be furious too, so they come up with all these best car, best tyres best man in law and best hairstyle to cover their lack of skills in spotting talents.

the only thing i don;t like about Loeb is his modesty and sportmanship i would prefer him to be an arrogant knowit all person like myself and ridicule all these "successors", jump on his rivals cars every time he won and laugh loudly at their faces. but i guess none can be as sad as myself and that unfortunatelly makes the sport less humourus.

In every champion you can spot weakness and make a million excuses to diminish him. But nobody bothers with LOSERS....they are not even worth to talk about them.

Apart from money what else do you need to study finish rally managerial skills ? i am interested....

and by the way Loeb is the greatest rally driver of all times....2nd comes kankunnen and nobody cares who is 3rd.

driveace
12th April 2010, 22:06
The question was "Can Loeb be beaten"
The answer is YES,as he has been beaten,but probably he cannot be consistently beaten,but he learnt his trade peddleing SMALL cars like the Saxo,so instead of learning his rallying in WRC cars as some do (Mathew wilson),he came up the hard way making small cars go FAST!!!

Barreis
12th April 2010, 22:14
He deserved to be a champion 'cos he came here from NOTHING (no millions behind him from that moment)..

Langdale Forest
13th April 2010, 21:13
and by the way Loeb is the greatest rally driver of all times....2nd comes kankunnen and nobody cares who is 3rd.

If Loeb had been around 10 -15 years ago, he would have not won as many rallies.

Kankkunen was a legend not only because he won alot of rallies over many years in many types of car but because he took the win after ignoring team orders in Argentina 1999. :)

urabus-denoS2000
13th April 2010, 22:24
He would win as much rallies as he did now !! From 2001 to 2008 he betaed drivers like Marcus , McRae, Sainz , Solberg , Kankkunen , Burns , Auriol , Makinen (ALL WORLD CHAMPIONS ! ) and talents as Martin , Duval , Hirvonen ad Latvala.

Seriously guys , this discussion is funny . Not really funny but reading some comments it's actually sad.

sollitt
13th April 2010, 22:33
Langdale, I have you pegged as a 17 year old kid. How would you know what happened 15 years ago?

Were Loeb competing 15 or more years ago he would have still been very successful. Whether or not he would have won as many rallies as he has over the past 5 years is unknown and speculation in this area is as pointless as it is ridiculous.

Why you would choose Kankkunen as a comparison is also unclear. I don't believe he's ever been widely considered a "legend".

Saabaru
13th April 2010, 22:38
Loeb will dominate until he decides to quit or the WRC decides to deregulate itself and ditch the homologation rules and go with a simple set of safety rules making it enticing for more manufacturers to get involved. The IRC is in a perfect position to over take as the worlds premier rally championship with the WRC being so week right now and with the IRC having more manufacturers and the classic rallies they have on their calendar. If that happened then you would see loeb in trouble. Until then he will dominate the two car race.

N.O.T
13th April 2010, 22:50
If Loeb had been around 10 -15 years ago, he would have not won as many rallies.

Kankkunen was a legend not only because he won alot of rallies over many years in many types of car but because he took the win after ignoring team orders in Argentina 1999. :)

can you rephrase the first line ??? all i get is BLAH BLAH BLAH

your second sentence has a point...but kankunnen never was the Fastest driver of any year he participated he was just the best...Loeb is Both.

sollitt
13th April 2010, 22:58
Equally uninformed post. Ditching homologation rules will not entice more manufacturers. It will drive them away.
We have had homologation for 40 years or more. They have homologation requirements in IRC also.
Were there a driver in IRC presently who is better than Loeb they'd already have his seat. Simple as that.
Stating the obvious, Loeb will continue to dominate until such time as somebody else catches up.
To answer the original question "can Loeb be beaten?" Of course he can.

Josti
13th April 2010, 23:15
I think people are way too defence of Loeb, and anyone who (slightly) critisizes him is appearantly an idiot. I think we can all agree that he's the best driver of his generation, however he's been in the right circumstances pretty much the whole time, which I think is only partly his own luck.

He would win as much rallies as he did now !! From 2001 to 2008 he betaed drivers like Marcus , McRae, Sainz , Solberg , Kankkunen , Burns , Auriol , Makinen (ALL WORLD CHAMPIONS ! ) and talents as Martin , Duval , Hirvonen ad Latvala.

Unlike you, I see WRC as it was 10, 15 years ago, totally different than it is today. Most of the names you give are unlucky, let alone irrelevant. Either way, you can never tell.

Langdale Forest
14th April 2010, 07:05
can you rephrase the first line ??? all i get is BLAH BLAH BLAH

If Loeb was around 10 -15 years ago, he wopuld have strong competition from the likes of, Carlos Sainz, Colin McRae, Tommi Makkinen, Didier Auriol, Richard Burns and Juha Kannkunen. That's 6 other drives capable of winning.

urabus-denoS2000
14th April 2010, 10:27
Excuse me Landale , but didn't Seb beat all of those drivers in his first years ?

Josti: Of course WRC was different (better) 10 years ago , but my point that Loeb was winning when WRC was strong (2002-2005) , in the first year he was even a rookie

N.O.T
14th April 2010, 10:41
If Loeb was around 10 -15 years ago, he wopuld have strong competition from the likes of, Carlos Sainz, Colin McRae, Tommi Makkinen, Didier Auriol, Richard Burns and Juha Kannkunen. That's 6 other drives capable of winning.

newsflash

LOEB WAS AROUND WHEN TOMMI CARLOS COLIN AND BURNS WERE RALLYING and he ridiculed them like sick doggys.

Langdale Forest
14th April 2010, 12:17
LOEB WAS AROUND WHEN TOMMI CARLOS COLIN AND BURNS WERE RALLYING and he ridiculed them like sick doggys.

But they were nearing the end of their rally carrers though.

And BTW, how can world champions be called 'sick doggys'?

N.O.T
14th April 2010, 15:26
how can world champions be called 'sick doggys'?

easily ....by typing it.

they were around their mid 30s which hardly can be called an end...especially Burns and Mcrae and a makinen was never anything good without lampi pulling the strings.

Sladden
14th April 2010, 15:32
But they were nearing the end of their rally carrers though.

And BTW, how can world champions be called 'sick doggys'?

True.. 1990s champions was nowere near old form when Loeb emerged. 2002-2003 were rapid fall for Mcrae and Mäkinen.. the best from their era. In the late 90s Loeb would not have been given the crown so easy.

Langdale Forest
14th April 2010, 16:36
they were around their mid 30s which hardly can be called an end...especially Burns and Mcrae and a makinen was never anything good without lampi pulling the strings.

Who is lampi? :confused:

N.O.T
14th April 2010, 16:38
Who is lampi? :confused:

lasse lampi.... use google.

Woodeye
14th April 2010, 16:52
well i feel great sympathy for the finish managers...i think we need a memorial for them and their talents....

Awww... you're back. how cute.

You still haven't told us who are these "managers". Would you please shed some light into this darkness?

Josti
14th April 2010, 17:17
easily ....by typing it.

Or, you could show a bit more respect.

I see 2003 as the year Loeb really got his breakthrough. McRae was in a totally new enviroment with Citroën and he never seemed to get any grip on the Xsara, let alone the team management. You could say that's his own fault, but some combinations JUST don't work out. More or less the same could be said about Burns. The 206 was never his car, but as far as I remember he was more consistent than Loeb, and a title challenger despite no wins. Well, the rest is a sad history, and I think it's unfair to even put him in comparison. Though I tend to agree with Mäkinen (he was way off the pace that season), I think he was just on his retour, and was wise enough to quit. But Mäkinen-Mitsubishi was a dream team, for which the same can be said about Loeb-Citroën. If Loeb made a jump to another team, things might have worked out differently, well, none can ever tell.

I have to say NOT, you take way too little in consideration.

N.O.T
14th April 2010, 18:00
Or, you could show a bit more respect.

I see 2003 as the year Loeb really got his breakthrough. McRae was in a totally new enviroment with Citroën and he never seemed to get any grip on the Xsara, let alone the team management. You could say that's his own fault, but some combinations JUST don't work out. More or less the same could be said about Burns. The 206 was never his car, but as far as I remember he was more consistent than Loeb, and a title challenger despite no wins. Well, the rest is a sad history, and I think it's unfair to even put him in comparison. Though I tend to agree with Mäkinen (he was way off the pace that season), I think he was just on his retour, and was wise enough to quit. But Mäkinen-Mitsubishi was a dream team, for which the same can be said about Loeb-Citroën. If Loeb made a jump to another team, things might have worked out differently, well, none can ever tell.

I have to say NOT, you take way too little in consideration.

respect ... hmmm i need to search this word in a dictonary.

for the rest you have some points but still the facts are facts...Loeb ridiculed Mcrae and sainz in the same car and Auriol in a peugeot in his own turf....Makinen was laughable at subaru and in mitsubishi Lampi did a good job with his team mates. Still Loeb in his years of dominance NEVER showed any weakness towards any of his rivals and if some championships were close none really believed that Loeb could fail because of his skills and not the car. All the other champions like Mcare auriol and the rest of the has been armada showed that they were not dominant in any way during their reign.

Langdale Forest
14th April 2010, 18:05
Remember that when Makinen was driving the cars were less sophisticated and much less reliable.

MotorSportAutographs.com
14th April 2010, 18:53
Hi every one defending Loeb, This is not necessary just read the heading that is above it supports your comments and is the hole reason that i listed it. Loeb is my favorite diver in the wrc and rossi is my favorite in Moto gp, but when i watch both i like to support someone that is more the underdog (Lorenzo in moto gp).
An easy win is not worth watching would be nice to see more real competitors.

sollitt
14th April 2010, 23:21
I'm no particular fan of Loeb. In fact I will mostly cheer for any other competitor to win over him. And that's not just because his long winning streak has become monotonous, I have been that way since he began as a rookie.
But rather than wish to see Loeb fail, as in this despicable quote, "I hope that ford guys will fail..", I prefer to see others win.

Neither do I consider him to be the greatest ever but he is unquestionably the winningest.

And that's the thing that many of you miss when you cite your beliefs of why he is so successful - "it's the best car" or "the competitions not good" etc... mere excuses.

The fact is that anyone can win once or twice. And of those that do, we can normally find some external reason why they won.

But real winners, (those who string multiple successes together), whether they be sports people, business people, politcians, whatever, have something special within themselves which is the reason for their success.

People like Loeb would be successful no matter what they do. In fact Loeb was a successful gymnast before he came to rallying. He would have been equally successful as a golfer, a tennis player, a circuit racer or if he were rallying in another era.

It is his ability to assess the landscape, weigh up the opposition and to clinically apply what is needed to compete and ultimately defeat them each & every time that makes him the winner that he is. And that wouldn't change regardless of what he's driving or who he's competing against.

Of the names of past drivers who've been mentioned so far nobody compares, and even extending back through the past four decades only Walter Rorhl would come close.

MotorSportAutographs.com
15th April 2010, 19:27
Very true good post

jens
18th April 2010, 19:14
Loeb is likely to win the 2010 title in a more comfortable fashion than in 2009 or even 2008. One reason is that Hirvonen has got more rivals now and the chasers are constantly taking points away from each others. Secondly Mikko has already lost too many points on gravel and with 4 tarmac rallies still to come Loeb's advantage could already be decisive even if Seb falls asleep and retires in an odd rally here or there. But at least the fight for P2 in overall standings seems quite exciting. :)

bretddog
23rd April 2010, 12:10
Perhaps will be too late for the Loeb party, but whoever is on top in 10 years should watch up for the Rovenpera Jr. (8 years old)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyyWnUAgMQ4&feature=player_embedded#

bretddog
23rd April 2010, 12:12
oops double-post

N.O.T
23rd April 2010, 12:21
lol.....

LadySnowcat
23rd April 2010, 14:37
Can anyone beat Loeb?... or should that be will anyone be allowed to?...

I don't know but I'd really prefer it if the teams just let everyone drive their own races without tactics to help the preferred number 1 driver at such an early stage in the year...

For the newbies like me it seems to bring the game into disrepute...

Because we all know that however well Ogier, for example, does he won't be allowed to win and that just seems wrong... doesn't it?...

If Loeb was as good as most people think he is tactics are not necessary, are they?...

On the current basis it's only Mikko and Petter that are allowed to challenge him this year and the former looks unlikely to and the latter is too short of the readies to do so (not to mention that Citroen may make parts difficult to find if he looks like doing so).... therefore it rather looks like game over even now...

But what do I know?....

N.O.T
23rd April 2010, 14:48
teams have 1 goal the manufacturer title.....by allowing every driver to go flat out or ignore tactics they jeopardise their chances of winning the title.

amilk
23rd April 2010, 15:14
teams have 1 goal the manufacturer title.....by allowing every driver to go flat out or ignore tactics they jeopardise their chances of winning the title.

Agree - Escpecially we can see this at Ford - interesting as for me tha manu title has less maketing value

bluuford
23rd April 2010, 15:36
I think the most realistic one who can do it is his wife who can beat him very easily and hopefully she will not be accused in home violence for that :-)

Raini
23rd April 2010, 20:29
I think the most realistic one who can do it is his wife who can beat him very easily and hopefully she will not be accused in home violence for that :-)

wife is the good one :D , and there is no tactics need at all to beat Loeb...just do it ... :D

But yes, Loeb driving style is so straight and smooth, the only way is to take more shortcuts to beat Loeb... :D

Look at the Solberg's, Hirvonen's, Latvala's onboard cameras, the road is not seen almost the all stage, and the car are very nervous, which makes braking difficult and risk higher, and they are too fast in the corner, which makes difficult to get out of the corner faster and risk is higher. But either way, they are all amazing drivers, I love them to watch, I love their's attitude, they love driving, all of them have unique driving styles, and they are risking hugely to beat Loeb, but rally is too long for taking that amount of risk.

Loeb's onboard camera - the road is seen almost of the time, which indicates, that he keeps the car more straighter, he brakes earlier, righter moment, while getting faster out of the corner, and driving like that he is faster then others while taking less risks.

When Loeb talks about the risks he takes, I think, he is taking just more shortcuts and brakes later, but that's all about his risks, while the others taking risks being too fast at the corner. Every Loeb's mistakes are first to contact front wheel, which indicates too much shortcuts...and very very very very rearly he makes a spin...(in Sweden once I remember, he backed off a little bit of gas, and rear was gone immideatly and the next thing he he find himself, his on the roof - but there was communication error as well, if I am not wrong)

But YES, Loeb can be beaten, when the pressure is higher...but it is not at the moment...

Alpha
23rd April 2010, 21:11
wife is the good one :D , and there is no tactics need at all to beat Loeb...just do it ... :D

But yes, Loeb driving style is so straight and smooth, the only way is to take more shortcuts to beat Loeb... :D

Look at the Solberg's, Hirvonen's, Latvala's onboard cameras, the road is not seen almost the all stage, and the car are very nervous, which makes braking difficult and risk higher, and they are too fast in the corner, which makes difficult to get out of the corner faster and risk is higher. But either way, they are all amazing drivers, I love them to watch, I love their's attitude, they love driving, all of them have unique driving styles, and they are risking hugely to beat Loeb, but rally is too long for taking that amount of risk.

Loeb's onboard camera - the road is seen almost of the time, which indicates, that he keeps the car more straighter, he brakes earlier, righter moment, while getting faster out of the corner, and driving like that he is faster then others while taking less risks.

When Loeb talks about the risks he takes, I think, he is taking just more shortcuts and brakes later, but that's all about his risks, while the others taking risks being too fast at the corner. Every Loeb's mistakes are first to contact front wheel, which indicates too much shortcuts...and very very very very rearly he makes a spin...(in Sweden once I remember, he backed off a little bit of gas, and rear was gone immideatly and the next thing he he find himself, his on the roof - but there was communication error as well, if I am not wrong)

But YES, Loeb can be beaten, when the pressure is higher...but it is not at the moment...

Look at the press conference after Rally Turkey and the interview with wrc.com. Loeb definitely feels pressure from Petter.

BDunnell
23rd April 2010, 21:17
Can anyone beat Loeb?... or should that be will anyone be allowed to?...

I don't know but I'd really prefer it if the teams just let everyone drive their own races without tactics to help the preferred number 1 driver at such an early stage in the year...

For the newbies like me it seems to bring the game into disrepute...

Because we all know that however well Ogier, for example, does he won't be allowed to win and that just seems wrong... doesn't it?...

If Loeb was as good as most people think he is tactics are not necessary, are they?...

The fact that he finds himself in a position in which he is favoured illustrates that he is. Drivers don't tend to become an undisputed number one without some degree of talent, after all.

alexlake
23rd April 2010, 22:25
(not to mention that Citroen may make parts difficult to find if he looks like doing so)

thats crap. would not happen.

serial jeff
23rd April 2010, 22:54

I'm pretty sure they already did it a lot last year... it took him months to get new diffs and engine for his xsara. Then for his C4 they told him it'd cost a million dollars to get the same gearbox as Seb.

Still, by now it looks like he has nearly the same car as the factory drivers.

LadySnowcat
24th April 2010, 08:21

Let's hope Petter does well and we get the chance to find out...

But yes, Loeb driving style is so straight and smooth

Yes even I could see that from attending 2 rallies this year but there is one guy who is smoother... and when he gets up to speed....

ShiftingGears
24th April 2010, 08:55
nice straight forward reaction but i would prefer if you used some better and more poetic words for it ...like...

I live to see the demise of the ford guys

or even

i will feed on ford tears after this year too...

put some poetry into your life and you will gain respect in here like myself.

LOL

I am evil Homer
26th April 2010, 12:17
I'm pretty sure they already did it a lot last year... it took him months to get new diffs and engine for his xsara. Then for his C4 they told him it'd cost a million dollars to get the same gearbox as Seb.

Still, by now it looks like he has nearly the same car as the factory drivers.

The Xsara was an old, old car so I dbout Citroen felt any need to supply him with anything really. The C4 is a customer car no more, no less. He'll never have the exact same car as Loeb.

I love how people are suggesting it's all about preferential treatment. He gets that treatment because he's a winner and that is because of his talent.

Helstar
8th May 2010, 03:08
No. Only his own (rare) errors can ...

Red bull
8th May 2010, 05:08
NO one and no one can beat loeb el magnifico!

tolis
8th May 2010, 10:04
No. Only his own (rare) errors can ...
It seems that neither his errors can beat him!!!

Helstar
9th May 2010, 01:07
Only his own (rare) errors can ...

It seems that neither his errors can beat him!!!
You were saying ? XD

Rallyper
9th May 2010, 09:47
Obviously some guys can... :D :cool: :D :cool: :p :