im intrested to know what you nascar fans veiws are on the new style nascars

rear wings

front wing

style of body

im not that kean as they look to like touring or gt cars there no longer unique

Bob Riebe
1st March 2007, 19:40
Wings asinine.

Front wing or spoiler, they had them 37 years ago and banned them.

What style? Proof you give a monkey a pound of butter and a butter knife, he can style a car?

Brian France may be the one that finally screws up what his grandfather spent a life nuturing.

pvtjoker
1st March 2007, 20:00
If the racing proves to better, then great. I suppose they could always go back if need be.

blakebeatty
1st March 2007, 21:23
Wings asinine.

Front wing or spoiler, they had them 37 years ago and banned them.

What style? Proof you give a monkey a pound of butter and a butter knife, he can style a car?

Brian France may be the one that finally screws up what his grandfather spent a life nuturing.

i think that they are great, i think it looks mean and bullish. The wing will improve the areo push issue on trailing cars. The fact that the air intakes are on, and under the bumper allowes for decalling to simulate the actual grille of the production car, which i think makes it look more like the production cars (not to mention the "bumper" itself)

who gives a **** what they did with wings 37 years ago. that is likely one of the most irrelevant arguments ever imposed upon the car.

What do the those who oppose the idea want for stying? all sorts of winglets, and appendages? Oh wait, wings are asinine. More aerodynamic? Oh wait those areo cars are boring. I have no idea what could possibly please you types. You bitch about the racing now, and then bitch when they try to improve it. They only thing they could put on a car to make you happy is a #3.

The car wont hurt the racing, which makes it at very least a lateral move. and god forbid it makes for more action. Gasp...it might be a step forward.

(sarcasm) I bet the whole thing was so Rich Hendrick could cheat more...

harvick#1
1st March 2007, 21:43
I think the CoT will be fine, give it two years and it will be accepted by all.

I don't like however, is Nascar's way of approaching the car. they say the car is safer and wants to provide better racing. So why is the CoT racing only in the Road Course and Short Tracks? those races are already good and are generally safe tracks towards drivers not being injured.

this year. The CoT should've raced at Texas, Atlanta, California, Michigan. The downforce tracks, those races have been horrible as they just run single-file and are the high speed events. Nascar really dropped the ball as they say the car is safer and better for racing. so why not race them on the downforce tracks this year.

blakebeatty
1st March 2007, 21:55
I think the CoT will be fine, give it two years and it will be accepted by all.

I don't like however, is Nascar's way of approaching the car. they say the car is safer and wants to provide better racing. So why is the CoT racing only in the Road Course and Short Tracks? those races are already good and are generally safe tracks towards drivers not being injured.

this year. The CoT should've raced at Texas, Atlanta, California, Michigan. The downforce tracks, those races have been horrible as they just run single-file and are the high speed events. Nascar really dropped the ball as they say the car is safer and better for racing. so why not race them on the downforce tracks this year.

because the short tracks are those which are less likely to see huge upsets in the balance of the car when adjustments are being performed. this will give the teams a chance to figure out how much wedge and track bar and the spoiler adjustments will affect the driveability.

The reason not to include the first races at the tracks you mention is that the timeframe was too short to have a successful car and process and the second races at atlanta, california, and texas are in the Chase.

I think Michigan is a great race. Kansas is kinda boring. and maybe chicago

Jonesi
1st March 2007, 22:05
They spelled out the reasons why in the initial press releases, stating which tracks would switch in what year. The car was created for improved safety first (driver inboard, large glasshouse/windows easier to get out, etc), then with improved racing. They're phasing in the car at tracks having the areo least critical, so they can develope & refine the car before they go to track where the aero is so important. If that front splitter doesn't work, it's much better to find out at Bristol or Martinsville, instead of Atlanta or Lowe's.

RaceFanStan
1st March 2007, 22:06
2007 is the year they test the COT @ Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond, Phoenix, Dover, Loudon, Darlington & Talladega.
What they learn at those tracks can be used to tweak it for the fast tracks in 2008.
I would rather they learn at most of the tracks that don't have the high speeds.
However doing Talladega THIS year surprises me, I would have thought they would have waited until next year.

BTW, I love the COT !
With it's "nose" to the track & that fabulous rear wing I give it 2 thumb's up ! http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/thum/2ua.gif

Jonesi
1st March 2007, 22:10
snip..However doing Talladega THIS year surprises me, I would have thought they would have waited until next year. snip.

They wanted to get a plate race under their belt (allowing for minor tweaks) before they make the switch for the 2008 Daytona 500.

call_me_andrew
1st March 2007, 22:38
I like that the cars are safer, and I like that the suspension is no longer critical to aerodynamics.

I dislike limiting the role of manufacturers to badges, and lowering costs in a series that can already get 50 cars to show up for a race. An elite series is not all inclusive, and an all inclusive series is not elite.

Now I've been watching NASCAR for 10 years and what I have to say will rock your world: I like the rear wing!

RaceFanStan
1st March 2007, 22:53
They wanted to get a plate race under their belt (allowing for minor tweaks) before they make the switch for the 2008 Daytona 500.
That makes sense. :D

harvick#1
1st March 2007, 23:05

during the offseason, Nascar was considering of running the Bud Shootout with the CoT. but that backfired

colinspooky
1st March 2007, 23:25
http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2007/03/01/cup.bri.cot.testing.nascar/frameset.exclude.html?MostPopular

Bob Riebe
1st March 2007, 23:40
i think that they are great, i think it looks mean and bullish. The wing will improve the areo push issue on trailing cars. The fact that the air intakes are on, and under the bumper allowes for decalling to simulate the actual grille of the production car, which i think makes it look more like the production cars (not to mention the "bumper" itself)

who gives a **** what they did with wings 37 years ago. that is likely one of the most irrelevant arguments ever imposed upon the car.

What do the those who oppose the idea want for stying? all sorts of winglets, and appendages? Oh wait, wings are asinine. More aerodynamic? Oh wait those areo cars are boring. I have no idea what could possibly please you types. You bitch about the racing now, and then bitch when they try to improve it. They only thing they could put on a car to make you happy is a #3.

The car wont hurt the racing, which makes it at very least a lateral move. and god forbid it makes for more action. Gasp...it might be a step forward.

(sarcasm) I bet the whole thing was so Rich Hendrick could cheat more...

The guy asked for opinions, I gave mine.

You should work on your comprehension of rhetorical grammar.
Bob

PS - Toyotas entry has actually sparked my curiosity for the first time in decades, as I am watching the end of the replayof Fontana.
Two races in one year, has hell frozen over?
Thank God they came in this year, before the Crapwagons of Tomorrow run.

dwboogityfan
2nd March 2007, 12:24
I like the look of the Car of Tomorrow. Testing at Bristol gave us some interesting results and this gives the smaller teams the chance to be on a level playing field (at least for a few races).

Lee Roy
2nd March 2007, 13:36
The Car of Tomorrow give people something to b!tch about.

Cole_Trickle
2nd March 2007, 15:16
I like the fact that it's safer for the drivers, and that it should provide better racing at the boring tracks especially, I still don't like the look of it though. The current car is a pretty good looking thing IMO

wedge
2nd March 2007, 15:20
I love it!

I've been waiting for NASCAR to mandate a sharper windshield angles and higher rooflines. More drag, bigger holes in the air, and hopefully adjusting the size of the restrictor plates for more air into the engine.

The only issue I have is the rear wing. It looks out of proportion compared with the high roofline and the rest of the whole car.

At least NASCAR has the guts to implement radical changes, unlike F1 for example.....

BenRoethig
2nd March 2007, 16:26
im intrested to know what you nascar fans veiws are on the new style nascars

rear wings

front wing

style of body

im not that kean as they look to like touring or gt cars there no longer unique

I like it. It should bring about better racing like the trucks. It also allows the cars to look a bit more like the production variants. The one thing that bugs me though is how they're issuing black wings to every team. They should be the same color as the trunk.

harvick#1
2nd March 2007, 18:02
Bristol could be a huge letdown for the debut race. :(

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149193475636&path=%21sports&s=1037645509200

djparky
2nd March 2007, 21:24
there;s a COT at the Daytona Speedway in the museum part- it's in Dupont 24 colours- I don't think the current cars are that good looking so to me the new one looked fine- it slightly more closely resembled what I'm used to with the BTCC- the splitter and the rear wing

my only comment really is that any series with "wings"- whether it be BTCC (during Super Touring era) or DTM has tended not to produce good racing because the aero dynamics/dirty air problem is too much- I have watched some realy snooze-fests in the BTCC at the height of the super touring madness- all induced by every car have front splitters and rear wings

hopefully NASCAR of got their sums right..

wedge
4th March 2007, 18:05
my only comment really is that any series with "wings"- whether it be BTCC (during Super Touring era) or DTM has tended not to produce good racing because the aero dynamics/dirty air problem is too much- I have watched some realy snooze-fests in the BTCC at the height of the super touring madness- all induced by every car have front splitters and rear wings

hopefully NASCAR of got their sums right..

The difference is that NASCAR will step in to make sure there's parity.

Part of the problem in the mid-90s was because the manufacturers spent lots of money on aero and the likes of TOCA did very little except for success ballast. What happened was that the Super Touring had too much aero grip for 300BHP race cars.

A similar situation with DTM, in the mid-90s that ABS, TC, 4WD. Today's DTM cars are lightweight and have lots of aero aids with something like 450BHP to play with.

The Aussi V8s seems to have reached the equilibrium with huge wings and lots of V8 muscle. Even without without reverse grids, the non-stop 300km have been great.

I'm not sure how NASCAR would compare, but I know that they produce a tremendous amout of downforce from basic sheet metal fabrication, and it is then offset by the a bulky, heavy chassis.

nigelred5
5th March 2007, 02:31
I can't wait to see how badly screwed up the racing is at Talladega. As far as safety goes, I believe the most serious injuries in Nascar over the last several years have actually taken place on the smaller ovals where the impact is at more acute angles, not the super speedways.

ms0362
6th March 2007, 19:30
IROC II. We'll have to live with it. IMO.. they could have cut down on the amount of cars required to run the various tracks to save teams money. Restrictor plate bodies, down force bodies, short track bodies. One car, one set of measurements. They can make the old style just safe as the COT. And... agree about the comment on Brian France... he will ruin Nascar.