PDA

View Full Version : They seem to complain a lot, don't they?

Big Ben
7th April 2010, 15:18
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82754

"You can't please these drivers, they are a bunch of lazy people who won't do anything to help the sport, except for two or three. A lot of drivers are prima donnas. They are never happy"

Well that's what Australian Grand Prix boss Ron Walker is saying and to be honest I think he's quite right. I mean in the past drivers were really risking their lives now the public is assuming more risks than the drivers. And they always keep complaing... the light was that, the track was that. They live good lives, they travel around the globe... money... beautiful women... however they seem to find always something to complain about something...

markabilly
7th April 2010, 15:20
so what did Alonso and hamilton do to hack him off....

Retro Formula 1
7th April 2010, 15:37
I can't understand the attitude of the man.

All the drivers said was that it was getting too dark by the end of the race and the FIA after taking light reading agreed. Therefore the race will be moved forward a bit to ensure this isn't an issue.

Hardly being prima donas is it?

Valve Bounce
7th April 2010, 23:55
The guy nearly died and was recovering from Brain Surgery. He should never have gone to Albert Park. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/ron-walker-has-emergency-brain-surgery-after-bike-fall/story-e6frg6n6-1225844666456?from=marketwatch_rss

V12
7th April 2010, 23:56
The drivers are right though - right for the wrong reasons maybe, but right nevertheless. MOVE THE START TIME BACK!!

Valve Bounce
8th April 2010, 00:00
The drivers are right though - right for the wrong reasons maybe, but right nevertheless. MOVE THE START TIME BACK!!

The start time was moved to 5 pm at Bernie's insistence; I already commented last year that on a sunny day, the drivers would be heading directly into a setting sun at the start.

Saint Devote
8th April 2010, 00:24
Maybe he mixed his meds with a few frosty Fosters!

Rollo
8th April 2010, 00:40
The guy nearly died and was recovering from Brain Surgery.

It didn't work though did it? He's still a pratt.

For goodness sake, even up the road at the MCG they switch on the bloody lights for a football match, and a football isn't doing 270km/h
Across the other side of the park on St Kilda Rd, the council switches on the lights for cars going slower than they do in pit lane.

I bet when he went home that night he drove home with his lights on. How then does he suggest that it isn't dangerous for cars doing four times the normal speed limit to be driving around without lights?

N. Jones
8th April 2010, 00:44
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82754

"You can't please these drivers, they are a bunch of lazy people who won't do anything to help the sport, except for two or three. A lot of drivers are prima donnas. They are never happy"

Well that's what Australian Grand Prix boss Ron Walker is saying and to be honest I think he's quite right. I mean in the past drivers were really risking their lives now the public is assuming more risks than the drivers. And they always keep complaing... the light was that, the track was that. They live good lives, they travel around the globe... money... beautiful women... however they seem to find always something to complain about something...

I thought it was the teams who will not allow their drivers to attend publicity functions.

I remember when the US GP had those driver interviews on Friday or Saturday before the '06 race, sort of an apology for everybody in the US for being denied a full race and a thank you for returning to Indy.

I wish F1 would have those more often....