PDA

View Full Version : Priaulx on A Question Of Sport

cos
1st March 2007, 16:54
Quick heads up to all touring car fans - Andy is one of the guests on A Question Of Sport tomorrow, BBC1 at 7pm.

Rusty
1st March 2007, 16:57
Nice one Cos thanks for telling us....

nik
1st March 2007, 16:58
Hopefully we'll have some questions this week about non-ball game sports. :rolleyes:

cos
1st March 2007, 17:12
Hopefully we'll have some questions this week about non-ball game sports. :rolleyes:

...I've been trying to think of suitable events from Touring Car racing that would be suitable for the "What Happened Next?" round. The aftermath of thatt crash at Silverstone ("Hell hath no fury like a woman rammed") would be a good one...

nik
1st March 2007, 19:02
...I've been trying to think of suitable events from Touring Car racing that would be suitable for the "What Happened Next?" round. The aftermath of thatt crash at Silverstone ("Hell hath no fury like a woman rammed") would be a good one...

Funny you should say that, cos they've had one before. The opening round of 1999, with Muller's bonnet flying up was the clip.

reidy_fan
1st March 2007, 21:21
about time Andy was on there, must watch it

touringlegend
1st March 2007, 21:35
Hmm I think if he picks a home question it will be "Who won Formula 1 in 1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004".

Or something completely simple.

Rod Ennde
1st March 2007, 21:52
Priaulx? - Is he the prop forward for Les Bleues?

SEATFreak
2nd March 2007, 17:09
Hmm I think if he picks a home question it will be "Who won Formula 1 in 1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004".

Or something completely simple.

I think you may he started a very interesting question there.

If you were a touring car driver what home question about the tin-tops would you most want to be asked if you went on A Question of Sport?

I would like to be asked "Which driver suggested Anthony Reid be in the circus juggling balls"? Of course the answer is.....

Iain
2nd March 2007, 18:16
Since when has a contestant on a quiz show been able to pick exactly what questions they're asked though? Probably general motorsport questions for Mr Priaulx.

Looking forward to this as he's surely going to win being on Coisty's team. :D

kali
2nd March 2007, 20:15
Giovanardi you wally! :p

Funks
2nd March 2007, 20:35
Take the shame Andy, take the shame.

Made up for the brain-fade though. :up:

VkmSpouge
2nd March 2007, 20:58
Can't believe Priaulx got the Giovanardi question wrong but he made up for it with the motorcycle question, the rider who danced out of the way of those bikes, incredible he wasn't hit.

Radders
2nd March 2007, 21:15
Just as well his driving can do the talking!

reidy_fan
2nd March 2007, 21:33
thought he did okay on the show, think quite a lot would have said Tarquini instead of giovanardi

Ed
2nd March 2007, 22:02
what was the ginornadi question?? i mest the dam show!!

BTCC2
2nd March 2007, 22:07
I would like to be asked "Which driver suggested Anthony Reid be in the circus juggling balls"? Of course the answer is.....

James Thompson !!!!!

Scuderia ferrari
2nd March 2007, 22:13
I saw abit of it, was interesting. Good that a british driver is finally geting recognition for his achivments.

Iain
2nd March 2007, 22:58

There weren't any questions about whoever this ginornadi is. Question was "which Italian driver won 4 races in the 2005 WTCC and finished the season in 3rd place?". I did think Gabriele Tarquini like a lot of people and Andy himself for a bit, but then remembered Fabrizio Giovanardi being in with a shout of the title at the Macau races. Unfortunately Andy chose Gabriele. :p :

cos
2nd March 2007, 23:01

Question was Which Italian driver won 4 races on his way to finishing 3rd in the 2005 WTCC season. There was also another WTCC question, can't remember it exactly but the answer was Jordi Gené.

Edit: beaten to it I see!

For those that missed it, you can watch again or download highlights from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/question_of_sport/default.stm
It's still showing last week's at the moment, but should udpate for tomorrow.

SEATFreak
3rd March 2007, 09:55
There weren't any questions about whoever this ginornadi is. Question was "which Italian driver won 4 races in the 2005 WTCC and finished the season in 3rd place?". I did think Gabriele Tarquini like a lot of people and Andy himself for a bit, but then remembered Fabrizio Giovanardi being in with a shout of the title at the Macau races. Unfortunately Andy chose Gabriele. :p :

I taped it so I will see it today sometime but I am a little surprised at Andy getting the question wrong. Not just because I am guessing he was there and should have known. The fact he appears to me to be certainly among the top Italians to compete in the WTCC would have told me it logically had to be Fab. He would have been the Italian driver most likely to win 4 races in 2005 and finish 3rd.

Iain
3rd March 2007, 16:52
I'm not that surprised he got it wrong. He's that focused on himself and winning that he doesn't pay attention to stats like that. :champion:

Hazell B
3rd March 2007, 18:15
It was good to see Soccer AM's 'dancing biker' again in the 'what happened next?' section :laugh: