PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian GP -Donkey of the Race?

steveaki13
4th April 2010, 11:53
Not sure there were many donkeys in this race.

One for sure was the Ferrari Engine in Pedro De La Rosa car failing on the way to the grid.

Dave B
4th April 2010, 11:59
I'm really hard pushed to find a donkey today. I'm amazed that the start was clean - with title contenders mixed up with the newbies - doubly so with Barrichello being tardy getting off the line.

Nobody made any boneheaded overtakes, there were no significant driver errors, nobody messed up their pitstops (Webber's sticking wheel gun notwithstanding), nobody got caught out with a stupid strategy, and it was one of the cleanest races I've seen for ages.

So I vote for Eddie Jordan purely for his choice of shirts and deodorant. :p

steveaki13
4th April 2010, 12:02
Your right Dave it was certainly a clean race.

So no on track DONKEY

ozrevhead
4th April 2010, 12:08
Your right Dave it was certainly a clean race.

So no on track DONKEY
No on the track

The pathetic excuse for a pit crew member at red bull is a different matter all togeter :mad:

donKey jote
4th April 2010, 12:10
donkey goes to alonso for botching the start (no grip on the outside line) and for setting fastest laps on a sick car (hindsight is great) :)

Daniel
4th April 2010, 12:21
I vote that Ozrevhead is the Donkey of the race for doing her usual thing and complaining about something which happens to every driver every once in a while......

jens
4th April 2010, 12:22
Ferrari's and McLaren's strategists are the donkeys of the whole weekend for ruining their team's chances for a top result already well before the race.

Sauber's unreliability issues must be quite frustrating for them as well. Only de la Rosa has finished a race so far - in Oz.

steveaki13
4th April 2010, 12:23
Certainly have been plenty of pitstop problems over the years no doubt about that.

ozrevhead
4th April 2010, 12:24
I vote that Ozrevhead is the Donkey of the race for doing her usual thing and complaining about something which happens to every driver every once in a while......

3 pits stops in the 2nd half of the year last year and 2/3 this year........thats not once in a while champ

I can wear it

Valve Bounce
4th April 2010, 12:40
Please go to the new thread. Thanks.

wedge
4th April 2010, 12:48
Webber - did he take valium this morning? He was not his usual self leaving the door wide open like that, and then why didn't he stop on lap 15 to get the jump on Vettel?

F1boat
4th April 2010, 12:52
Nobody, everybody was OK today.

DexDexter
4th April 2010, 14:07
The whole Ferrari team was the donkey of the race (excluding the drivers). Messed up in Saturday, didn't have a particularly good strategy in the race, and once again blew up an engine. The organisation isn't any better than it was last year, the car is just a little better.

Robinho
4th April 2010, 14:11
all the drivers were pretty well behaved and drove well i thought, so for me it has to be the weathermen who promised rain

Dr. Krogshöj
4th April 2010, 20:04
Ferrari engine department.

superocean
4th April 2010, 20:22
The whole Ferrari team was the donkey of the race (excluding the drivers). Messed up in Saturday, didn't have a particularly good strategy in the race, and once again blew up an engine. The organisation isn't any better than it was last year, the car is just a little better.
Messed up in Saturday = Yes totally agreed

didn't have a particularly good strategy in the race = alonso was on a long stint and it could have worked out if it rained anytime after 1/2 way point til just prior to his pitstop. Not totally bad.

Ruben's fouled up start was the closest to a donkey.

aryan
5th April 2010, 07:24
Nobody was donkey. Some (Webber) didn't shine, but nobody was donkey.

Awesome clean race.

Mia 01
5th April 2010, 11:18
Nobody was donkey. Some (Webber) didn't shine, but nobody was donkey.

Awesome clean race.

Lewis weaving??!

aryan
5th April 2010, 14:34
Lewis weaving??!

It was racing I think. And he got a warning for it anyway. Not a Donkey in my book at all.

Of course, others will disagree.

airshifter
5th April 2010, 16:05
It's amazing when you think about it. To even suggest a donkey of that race you would really have to dig deep, and even then the worst racing/moves of the race were something usually seen a lot more in any single race.

All over the field the racing was clean. Quite a few cars went side by side through turns one and two without incident.

Actually I think one of the worst on track moves was Alonsos final attempt at getting past Lewis, and that was a simple overcooked into the corner trying to get the line move. But it was still very clean with no risk of taking out either car.

donKey jote
5th April 2010, 16:13
Alonso gets my pardon... he drove the whole race without a clutch :eek: :crazy:

airshifter
5th April 2010, 16:25
Alonso gets my pardon... he drove the whole race without a clutch :eek: :crazy:

Don't get me wrong, I think Alonso drove a race that most couldn't have, and no doubt his frustration with the car contributed to the last chance move. But even with that car trouble and frustration, it was hardly a donkey move.

No personal donkey offense intended.

motetarip
5th April 2010, 17:15
Everyone drove ok I think. If I had to pick one then I'd say Button as he should have got past Massa while on the option tyre (and not let Alonso through while trying to do that) and chopped through the pack like Hammy.