PDA

View Full Version : The Vatican

ShiftingGears
4th April 2010, 11:17
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100402/ap_on_re_eu/eu_church_abuse

Seriously, how has this institution avoided more legal action against them?

Dave B
4th April 2010, 12:25
In any other walk of life, when somebody is accused of child molestation the police are called.

There should be no "internal investigation", and certainly no sweeping the issue under the carpet. This is a scandal which appears to have reached the highest level, with the then Cardinal Ratzinger allegedly turning a blind eye to it, and today fresh allegations that the former Pope John Paul II refused to act against a colleague who molested up to 2000 children.

It's sick, immoral and inexcusable. Far from lashing out against media for "idle gossip", and issuing half-hearted apologies, the pope should be helping the police with their enquiries. It's my genuine belief that if these accusations are true, he should be behind bars for aiding and abetting.

airshifter
5th April 2010, 01:10
In any other walk of life, when somebody is accused of child molestation the police are called.

There should be no "internal investigation", and certainly no sweeping the issue under the carpet. This is a scandal which appears to have reached the highest level, with the then Cardinal Ratzinger allegedly turning a blind eye to it, and today fresh allegations that the former Pope John Paul II refused to act against a colleague who molested up to 2000 children.

It's sick, immoral and inexcusable. Far from lashing out against media for "idle gossip", and issuing half-hearted apologies, the pope should be helping the police with their enquiries. It's my genuine belief that if these accusations are true, he should be behind bars for aiding and abetting.

Very well said. This stuff shouldn't be tolerated in any way, shape or form. It sickens me when people hide behind religion or any other form of authority claiming to be "do gooders" when in fact they are not.

Roamy
5th April 2010, 05:34
I am a big fan of the Catholic religion. I know countless families brought up on this religion and the strong part of it is the family union. The flaw is obvious - it is run by a bunch of guys who don't get any pussy. Now we all know this sh!t ain't right. So the fix is simple - Let them get married.
WOW is this that hard.

anthonyvop
5th April 2010, 05:44
WOW is this that hard.

No pun intended?

Sorry...couldn't resist

gloomyDAY
5th April 2010, 06:06
Seems to me that this type of behavior is institutionalized. As if there is a tacit consent amongst priests to touch kids as they seem fit, and doing so with impunity. Time to face the music Ratzinger.

As the pope listened in a hushed St. Peter's Basilica, the Rev. Raniero Cantalamessa likened accusations against the pontiff and the Catholic church in sex abuse scandals in Europe, the U.S. and elsewhere to "collective violence" suffered by the Jews.Oh, please! You have got to be kidding me.

Easy Drifter
5th April 2010, 06:36
It seems to keep cropping up time after time with the RC Church. They make the politically correct noises but really do not appear to have really made any real effort except to hide the problem. It now appears to have reached the top level and they are adopting a circle the wagons attitude. I think this will do more harm than good over time.

Canada had a similar situation with respect to our former 'Residential Schools', read aboriginal, run by the churches. The Anglican and Catholic churches were the most involved but so were others. The Anglican Church and the others faced up to the situation albeit reluctantly. There the abuse was often not sexual but out and out physical.

But sexual abuse by RC Priests keeps coming out into the open as does attempted coverups by the Bishops and Cardinals with the offending priest usually just being transferred to another church with no alerting of the new church's congregation. As it seems to be a world wide attitude by the Church it certainly leaves the impression that it was known at the highest levels and condoned. :(

Roamy
5th April 2010, 15:26
Any way you slice it you have a bunch of pedophile fags with "don't want nun -don't get nun" as assistants. My GOD what is wrong with this picture. They need to fix the "Broke Back Church" But you will never do it until you allow natural events to occur - like getting laid. Where is Jimmy Swaggart and Jimmy Baker when you need them?? Maybe they need to recruit anyone with the name "Jimmy"