PDA

View Full Version : Mad Max To Race #51 Super Late Model

71Fan
2nd April 2010, 02:58
from facebook....."Max Papis to drive KBM Super Late Model car this weekend at Hickory Motor Speedway in the Easter Bunny 150."

What a kick eh? Go Get Em Max!!!!

71Fan
3rd April 2010, 20:00
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pitrowradio

Just a regular net radio thing...Looks like there might even be video. No downloading anything to listen....race starts in 7 hours according to Hickory's website. Qualifying is at 4pm local time

71Fan
4th April 2010, 02:23
Just fired the motors....Max starts 9th

slorydn1
4th April 2010, 03:26
Just fired the motors....Max starts 9th

Cool, let us know how he does :up:

71Fan
4th April 2010, 06:56
Well, that was really neat listening to a race on the radio....I don't get MRN or PRN out here in the desert or I wouldn't put up with the nascar shills...anyways, I fell out for a while so I didn't hear what happened to Max but I did find the following....

Unofficial Finish - Easter Bunny 150
1 - 26 - Preston Peltier
2 - 4 - Jay Fogleman
3 - 10 - Ryan Blaney
4 - 8 - Cassius Clark
5 - 70 - Jeff Choquette
6 - 08 - Joey Gase
7 - 9 - Chase Elliot
8 - 48n -Ben Rowe
9 - 91 - Heath Hindman
10 - 15 - Clay Jones
11 - 99c -
12 - 05 - Alex Fleming

That's all the more they had listed at Hickory's website. Neat that Ryan got up for a 3rd and that Chase got up for a 7th.

anyways, this is what Max tweeted:

about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
"I have to say that was bad ass to drive such a great car sorry that was tore up but thanks@kylebusch u have an awsome SLM Team"

about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter

"Had a great time got run in the back my someone and that messed up the nose still drove well we were up to P5 ..racing ..great experience"

71Fan
4th April 2010, 21:06
Got a race report from someone who was there. He said Max got caught up in other people's stuff twice.

I just think it's neat that Max got to taste what so many young American racers get to eat for dinner on Saturday nights.

slorydn1
4th April 2010, 21:44
yes, it should be mandatory for all wanting to get into the major nascar series to have to spend some time doing this :up: