PDA

View Full Version : And now, from the 'What if...' file... Audi F1.

veeten
1st March 2007, 12:56

veeten
1st March 2007, 12:57

veeten
1st March 2007, 12:58

veeten
1st March 2007, 12:59
thoughts, anyone?... ;) :D

Erki
1st March 2007, 13:33
I don't want Audi to Fzzz, I want them to stay at Le Mans and add WRC. :bandit:

Big Ben
1st March 2007, 13:57
the more the merrier. if not as a team they could at least supply engines for a team...

Rippers
1st March 2007, 17:21
pretty pointless, as Prodrive have filled the only space available in upcoming years of F1.

Have to rely on other teams bailing out of F1, Toyota are the only ones that spring to mind yet I cant see them leaving without achieving something

ioan
1st March 2007, 17:27
STR Audi might happen the day Audi decides they are interested by F1. That might be when the FIA go for diesel engines.

blakebeatty
1st March 2007, 20:04
i would much prefer to see another "factory" team than a super aguri or red bull racing. i wish that there was an american manufacturer in play, like GM or Ford.

kalasend
1st March 2007, 20:31
i would much prefer to see another "factory" team than a super aguri or red bull racing. i wish that there was an american manufacturer in play, like GM or Ford.

Yup, I would also like to see them lay off another 3000(probably not enough...) people so they can use the savings to go into F1.

Scuderia ferrari
1st March 2007, 20:51
This is interesting, this image looks nice, i'd love to see audi in F1, see how they do, down with pro drive! Cetanly more interesting to see them race.

cy bais
1st March 2007, 21:05
that'd be cool to see audi/vw in f1. wasn't there a rumour last year about mSchumacher & VW teaming up for an f1 effort.

blakebeatty
1st March 2007, 21:22
Yup, I would also like to see them lay off another 3000(probably not enough...) people so they can use the savings to go into F1.

do you mean to say that formula 1 has degraded in popularity to the point that it's teams lose money? I see no need to start cost cutting measures to afford a team

ChrisS
1st March 2007, 22:06
What about Red Bull Audi

I messed with photoshop for 5 minutes, what do you think?
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9362/redbullaudif1xu7.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9362/redbullaudif1xu7.jpg)

AJP
1st March 2007, 22:21
anyone out there know why when I click on the attachments that veeten has added, they down load on my desktop as a dreamweaver attachment.....

why can't I just see the picture....it's all too much hassle I tell you.... ;)

futuretiger9
1st March 2007, 22:40
There have been rumours for about the last 17 years that Audi are on the verge of entering F1. It would seem to make some commercial sense, pitching in against their German rivals Mercedes-Benz and BMW.

If they did do it, I guess they would have to follow the recent trend and enter their own factory team. Audi certainly have the resources (via VW) and the people. Surely an exemption would be created to allow Audi to enter F1 if they demonstrated the will? I can't imagine the FIA saying no to such a serious undertaking.

ioan
1st March 2007, 23:17
do you mean to say that formula 1 has degraded in popularity to the point that it's teams lose money? I see no need to start cost cutting measures to afford a team

He means that an F1 team costs money (around 500 millions for a good team, and that's $ not Yen!).
Now the day when GM and Ford lay out many thousands of people because they lost 1 billion in sales las year, imagine that they could not afford to have an F1 team. After all Ford had theirs and sold it to Red Bull for 1$ (or whatever currency it was) because they were losing money with it.

Rippers
1st March 2007, 23:40
What about Red Bull Audi

I messed with photoshop for 5 minutes, what do you think?
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9362/redbullaudif1xu7.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9362/redbullaudif1xu7.jpg)

it took you 5 mins to make an Audi sign ;)

wmcot
2nd March 2007, 04:25
thoughts, anyone?... ;) :D

Very cool! Have you got any larger, wallpaper-sized photos?

jens
2nd March 2007, 12:38
After seeing these pics, I already wished that Audi was in F1. :)

Many don't like factory teams and want back that "golden age of privateers". Well, I also like that old era, where commercial interests were not so high, but at the same time what more factory teams we have, that tighter the competition is, as there are more well-financed teams, so I'd prefer to see a factory team joining F1 rather than a Minardi-like private team, who has no hope of achieving anything.

Shifter
2nd March 2007, 14:26
Would definately be the best looking cars on the grid. But Audi would surely push for diesel power, heh...

futuretiger9
2nd March 2007, 23:37
Would definately be the best looking cars on the grid. But Audi would surely push for diesel power, heh...

If Audi retained the traditional silver colour scheme, they would at least be aesthetically pleasing. Up against Mercedes, it could evoke memories of 1930s Grand Prix racing. After all, Audi is a descendant or sister company of the old Auto Unions.

jso1985
2nd March 2007, 23:53
livery looks great.
I know many F1 "purists" don't like manufacturer teams, but I know that'd be better than "B" teams

futuretiger9
3rd March 2007, 13:50
livery looks great.
I know many F1 "purists" don't like manufacturer teams, but I know that'd be better than "B" teams

If it made things more competitive and exciting up front, then I'd be in favour of it. After all, the likes of Toyota and Honda have failed thus far to join the front-runners.

jens
3rd March 2007, 15:31
If it made things more competitive and exciting up front, then I'd be in favour of it. After all, the likes of Toyota and Honda have failed thus far to join the front-runners.

But Toyota and Honda have usually been better than privateers. If Jordan and Minardi were racing instead of them, then the competition in the midfield would be clearly weaker. And also none of the "B" teams seem to threat 'factories'.

Ian McC
4th March 2007, 17:11
Well at least it would get Tom Kristensen into an F1 car :D

futuretiger9
4th March 2007, 21:18
But Toyota and Honda have usually been better than privateers. If Jordan and Minardi were racing instead of them, then the competition in the midfield would be clearly weaker. And also none of the "B" teams seem to threat 'factories'.

Yes. If Audi or others joined in, then the likes of Toyota and Honda would be faced with the prospect of being pushed further down the grid, a development which they would find unpalatable.