PDA

View Full Version : Hodgson to Yamaha France?

Mach24
1st March 2007, 13:34
Rumour has Neil Hodgson on his way to Yamaha France as of Donnington Park (Euro round).

This would be a good scenario for the WSBK championship but one questions if the equipment is good enough.

I for one see this as a bit of a backward step for NH, but perhaps a ride is better than not a ride.

Max chose to sit out the year last year and wait for the right ride.

What is Neil to do?

maxu05
1st March 2007, 13:42
Rocking chair on the porch ? :laugh:

fatman
1st March 2007, 14:31
Hodgson should invite Sete over to watch the races on TV :)

harsha
1st March 2007, 14:54
i think Neil Hodgson should have waited this year out...........

he might have considered racing in the WSS if a good ride was available but to Yamaha France,nope :p :

maxu05-remember the pro hodgson club and the anti hodgson club... :p :

neninja
1st March 2007, 15:28
My understanding was that Hodgson would only go if Yamaha Japan supported the team and the team needs to secure additional funding - is Hodgson bringing a new sponsor with him perhaps???

There is another rumour doing the rounds that he might also ride on a satellite HRC bike alongside Leon Camier in BSB. This one sounds pretty unrealistic to me but you never know.

maxu05
1st March 2007, 15:49
I am an anti man Harsha :laugh:

harsha
1st March 2007, 16:25
i was a neutral but you guys bribed me over by sending Denise Richards :p :

maxu05
1st March 2007, 17:00
That will hook you every time :laugh:

mx311
2nd March 2007, 04:40
i think Neil Hodgson should have waited this year out...........
I agree that Neil should sit the year out (and I'm not just saying that because I dislike him). Going mid-year to Yamaha France would potentially do more harm that good. Plus with the rumours floating around about the likes of Troy Bayliss, Troy Corser, Yukio Kagayama etc a few choice WSBK rides may become available next year. Hodgy would be better off waiting for that imo.

Btw, Harsha, how's Denise working out? ;)

harsha
2nd March 2007, 12:29
i now have a new crush,Denise is so passe.... :p

Josie Maran :D

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 17:14
Pictures please :cheese:

racer69
2nd March 2007, 17:21
Could Hodgson be a candidate to replace an injured Kagayama at Alstare Suzuki after his crash today?

My understanding was that Hodgson would only go if Yamaha Japan supported the team and the team needs to secure additional funding - is Hodgson bringing a new sponsor with him perhaps???

Could the name change in the team from Yamaha France to Yamaha Team YZF indicate more of a Japanese connection of some sort?

There is another rumour doing the rounds that he might also ride on a satellite HRC bike alongside Leon Camier in BSB. This one sounds pretty unrealistic to me but you never know.

Wasn't a second Honda UK seat originally earmarked for Karl Harris, but the budget couldn't be found. Presumebly a sponsor may have been now for this to occur.

harsha
2nd March 2007, 18:13
there you go

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 18:20
Yeah, I can did that. Look Jim, she's no bow wow :laugh:

NinjaMaster
6th March 2007, 11:14
Could Hodgson be a candidate to replace an injured Kagayama at Alstare Suzuki after his crash today?

Could the name change in the team from Yamaha France to Yamaha Team YZF indicate more of a Japanese connection of some sort?

According to Yukio, he won't need a fill in rider because his injuries aren't as bad as feared and he will be available for the next round.

The commentators at the racetrack said on the weekend that the Yamaha YZF team were basically the test team for Yamaha to test all their new parts through before they land on Haga and Corsers bikes. Basically it is to get full testing under the pressure of racing rather than just by someone who may not be running at 10-10ths.

tha_jackal
6th March 2007, 23:56
According to Yukio, he won't need a fill in rider because his injuries aren't as bad as feared and he will be available for the next round.

The commentators at the racetrack said on the weekend that the Yamaha YZF team were basically the test team for Yamaha to test all their new parts through before they land on Haga and Corsers bikes. Basically it is to get full testing under the pressure of racing rather than just by someone who may not be running at 10-10ths.

Hmm, somehow I dont think thats (testing while racing) something Hodgson would be wanting to do, especially when he's trying to re-establish himself as a World SBK contender.. I think he'll just wait till 08, have to agree with what Matt has said..

NinjaMaster
7th March 2007, 08:32
Hmm, somehow I dont think thats (testing while racing) something Hodgson would be wanting to do, especially when he's trying to re-establish himself as a World SBK contender.. I think he'll just wait till 08, have to agree with what Matt has said..
Yeah, I think he'll sit the year out unless a top fill-in ride comes along during the year. At least he has plenty of time to talk to teams in WSB and BSB to get everything sorted for next year. Then he can flop and remind everyone why he didn't get a ride this year! ;)

daddymaca
13th March 2007, 14:21
does anybody know where or what neil is doing? i can't seem to find out,rgds colin :o

maxu05
13th March 2007, 14:42
Rocking chair on the porch ? Knitting a new sweater/jumper, last seen as a groupie at one of JT's concerts :laugh: Just kidding, last I heard was a rumour that he was going to ride for a Yamaha team, don't know what came of that though.

seppefan
13th March 2007, 14:54
Making a new Bennets advert, feeling sorry for himself, counting the cash in the bank.

seppefan
13th March 2007, 14:57
It seems that this thread needs to be merged with the mach24 one

maxu05
13th March 2007, 15:37
That's a good call seppetan, 1 hodgson thread is enough me thinks ;)

Kropotkin
13th March 2007, 16:42
does anybody know where or what neil is doing? i can't seem to find out,rgds colin :o

You could try here for a start: http://www.neilhodgson.com/

Rumors are that Hodgson may join Nakatomi (?) on an R1 in the Yamaha France team for World Superbikes, but that all depends on cash and sponsors.

daddymaca
13th March 2007, 20:38
thanks for all your replys i honestly had not got a clue,anyway who like me can't wait untill nicky h's next race when he get the honda right and starts to wipe the floor with the usuall gang,and why im at it come on james and put max in his place second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,rgds colin :D

ChrisS
6th April 2007, 23:32
Neil Hodgson is now the official Bridgestone test rider for Ducati replacing Itoh who is injured

http://www.eurosport.com/motorcycling/season/2007/sport_sto1140345.shtml

Subaru WRX
9th April 2007, 21:59
So no chances to see him back to the World SBK !!!