PDA

View Full Version : Alonso vs. Schumacher

wedge
31st March 2010, 16:41
It seems there's still bad blood between the two

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/03/alonso-and-schumacher-renew-hostilities/

gloomyDAY
31st March 2010, 17:09
If Mercedes have their car dialed in by Europe, then we're in for an Schumi V. Alonso showdown once again. I really want to see the Schumi kick butt against Alonso and get some payback for '06 and '07.

The oven is just heating up......

Garry Walker
31st March 2010, 18:24
How lovely that Schumacher still bothers that jerk so much :laugh:

ioan
31st March 2010, 19:43
Funny part:

Alonso told my Spanish colleagues on Sunday that Schumacher should have “taken the matter up with the stewards, rather than the TV cameras.”

Looks like MS did take the matter directly to Alonso, but Fernando preferred to complain about the face to face in the press.

F1boat
31st March 2010, 20:17
I think that it's a bit like Vader vs Obi-wan in A New Hope:
- You should not have come back, old man...

31st March 2010, 20:46
Still it'll also be interesting to see the reactions of diehard tifoso who have a soft spot for Schuey too.. What a dilemma.. :)

Which just shows that you know nothing about the Tifosi.

All Michael's previous success with the Prancing Horse will mean nothing come the day, if it comes, when he sticks it to the Scuderia.

At the moment, there is a soft spot for him still simply because he hasn't threatened to do that.

If he does, and does it regularly, it will make the Tifosi's relationship with Ferrari's drivers and Ferrari management a little heated to say the least, but there will be no love for Michael either.

ioan
31st March 2010, 21:01
This will be an interesting relationship to watch and I expect the media to make more of it than what it actually is.

Still it'll also be interesting to see the reactions of diehard tifoso who have a soft spot for Schuey too.. What a dilemma.. :)

It's a bit difficult not to like the driver who gave Ferrari 5 WDC titles and 7 WCC titles plus a truckload of wins and pole positions.

I am also rather sure he wouldn't be driving a Mercedes if not for LdM's antics back in 2006, also I am rather sure that LdM was the only Ferrari person who ever wanted to see MS leave.

Firstgear
31st March 2010, 21:14
So Alonso is winning the ontrack battle, and Schumi is winning the offtrack battle.

They should both be quite satisfied to be winning something.

arknor
31st March 2010, 22:23
yea such bad blood obviously not massively exagerated by the media. after the race they were about to kill each other http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0WFd1K9qq8

ioan
31st March 2010, 23:16
yea such bad blood obviously not massively exagerated by the media. after the race they were about to kill each other http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0WFd1K9qq8

Thanks for this video, they both look relaxed!

anthonyvop
1st April 2010, 03:19
I really want to see the Schumi kick butt against Alonso and get some payback for '06 and '07.

The oven is just heating up......

By Schumie you must mean Alonso's Bitch.

Saint Devote
1st April 2010, 03:42
Its not "bad blood", it is two champions sparring at the start of a season.

Alonso seeks to achieve what Schumi did at Ferrari after doing what "Herman the German" did while at Renault.

Schumi, in turn, would love to beat Alonso and put to rest the 2005 and 2006 defeats, proving at the same time just how wrong dear old Luca was.

Its a healthy situation and if it was not that way THAT would be unusual.

Retro Formula 1
1st April 2010, 09:33
It's a bit difficult not to like the driver who gave Ferrari 5 WDC titles and 7 WCC titles plus a truckload of wins and pole positions.

I am also rather sure he wouldn't be driving a Mercedes if not for LdM's antics back in 2006, also I am rather sure that LdM was the only Ferrari person who ever wanted to see MS leave.

I very much agree with Ioan and Saint Devotes sentiments here apart from the last sentence.

I think Luca is responsible for safeguarding the future of Ferrari and while he may respect and appreciate the achievements of the Schumacher / Brawn / Todt era, must still look at the next stage of Ferrari's history. That way lies with the likes of Alonso.

It was always going to be a difficult exercise closing off that chapter of the Ferrari story but sometimes a clinical slash is the best way.

goodf1fun
1st April 2010, 12:18
this is the way Schumacher will up his game...with war...

Mia 01
21st May 2010, 12:30
This far, Alonso is superior.

Tazio
21st May 2010, 13:58
How lovely that Schumacher still bothers that jerk so much :laugh: And how sad that Fred is going to punk him yet again!

C'est la vie! :s mokin:

Tazio
21st May 2010, 14:05
Which just shows that you know nothing about the Tifosi.

All Michael's previous success with the Prancing Horse will mean nothing come the day, if it comes, when he sticks it to the Scuderia.

At the moment, there is a soft spot for him still simply because he hasn't threatened to do that.

If he does, and does it regularly, it will make the Tifosi's relationship with Ferrari's drivers and Ferrari management a little heated to say the least, but there will be no love for Michael either.
From your lips to Gods ear! ;)

Mia 01
21st May 2010, 14:07
Alonso is no MS, and MS is no MS.

There can be only one, thats Kimi.

Tazio
21st May 2010, 14:28
Alonso is no MS, and MS is no MS.

There can be only one, thats Kimi.

But when he left, Kimi was no Kimi :rotflmao:

Saint Devote
22nd May 2010, 02:10
Its just journalist bs.

They are rival drivers in f1 - all the drivers have those whom they are friendly with and others that they cant stand or are neutral about.

But idiot journalists looking for that new Prost-Senna feud thing are pretty dimwitted and never experienced what happened at the time.

James Allen ought to be taken behind a motor home and "set right". The jerk off!

Saint Devote
24th May 2010, 11:07
Well with all the expectation pre season of how many races people thought Schuey would win, and its looking more likely now that he won't win a single race. This is down to a number of factors of course and most being out of his control, but this would be the first season since 1991, where he hasn't scored a win. Just goes to show how unpredictable F1 can be.

Schumi is dialing in that car. It is a logical definite process.

To assume he is not going to win a grand prix in 2010 is a highly risky statement where Schumacher is concerned especially when there are 13 grands prix ahead.

Mia 01
24th May 2010, 11:57
MS has loosed some of his edge, and so has the Brawn car but you could also say that about MacLaren and Lewis, Ferrari and Alonso.

MS will win a race or two this year.

wedge
24th May 2010, 14:25
MS has loosed some of his edge, and so has the Brawn car but you could also say that about MacLaren and Lewis, Ferrari and Alonso.

Alonso has been trying too hard at times and Lewis needs to find who makes Button's lucky pants in races with changeable conditions.

Will need a bit more time whether the new LWB/front suspension geometry of the Merc has helped Schumi find his mojo.