PDA

View Full Version : Kick Ass

wedge
31st March 2010, 15:59
Fecking Daily Mail.

One of my favourite films when growing up was The Goonies. That was PG rated in the UK and it had kids cussing and swearing aplenty. I first watched that when I was about 8.

Come to think of it, Robocop was the first 18 rated movie I watched when I was 8. Not just me neither. I remember talking about it in the school playgrounds with my friends who'd seen it.

Never did us 'normal' kids any harm.

*puts cat into microwave*

billiaml
31st March 2010, 16:27
Hey you guuuuuuuuuuyyyyyys! :D

Caroline
31st March 2010, 17:33
Too many kids watch films that are inappropriate for them. Just by saying it didn't harm you is a bit of a cop out. Lots of children are adversely influenced by films and don't need to watch pointless acts of violence and hear bad language. It's a cliche but children don't stay children for very long.

Daily Mail? I have always found it to be very good. Especially at the bottom of a kitty litter tray.

Dave B
31st March 2010, 18:13
I assume we've all seen the rather excellent Daily Mail Song by now :D

5eBT6OSr1TI

donKey jote
31st March 2010, 18:46
:laugh:

Captain VXR
2nd April 2010, 16:09
I really want to see kick ass, it looks awesome

christophulus
2nd April 2010, 18:23
Never did us 'normal' kids any harm.

Agreed, by 15 years old most kids will have heard and used the 'offending word' more than a few times anyway. I played stuff like Grand Theft Auto when I was about 12, and I've turned out OK.

While we're "discussing" the Mail, how about this headline generator?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

Dave B
3rd April 2010, 07:33
It's just struck me that Kick Ass is co-written by Jane Goldman, sometimes known as Mrs Jonathon Ross. No wonder the Mail are getting their knickers in a twist, with somebody from that family enjoying success and credibility. It must hurt them to exist in such a spiteful and petty world.

Hazell B
3rd April 2010, 21:41
Too many kids watch films that are inappropriate for them. Just by saying it didn't harm you is a bit of a cop out.

I agree, but it's also taken too far in some cases.

Tom and Jerry isn't violent any more. That's plain stupid.
Ten year olds scream "Get yer tits out Biiiiatch!" daily. That's plain learned behaviour.

I don't think the censors of UK films are doing a bad job on the whole, but do fail to understand why Die Hard 4 was allowed maiming and killing yet had to cut it's bad language drastically to get a 15 cert :mark:

wedge
5th April 2010, 00:57
Agreed, by 15 years old most kids will have heard and used the 'offending word' more than a few times anyway.

I think I first used the 'c' sometime under 10 years of age. Funnily enough it was when was about 18 till I found out it was supposed to be derogatory!

Captain VXR
6th April 2010, 18:06
By 9 I knew f***, c*** and w***** amongst other swearwords, GTA games have long been my favourites and Ive turned out normal(ish)