PDA

View Full Version : reco a headphone

harsha
29th March 2010, 14:40
presently , I'm using this one

http://www.vannicom.de/online_shop/images/headphones%20delux%20manhattan.jpg

I love the sound but the headphone's a bit too delicate , had to a patch job myself as I'm always dropping the headphone..

so looking for something like that one....the official site's not opening but the headphone's by manhattan products

Daniel
29th March 2010, 21:40
If you've got some cash to spend I can only reccomend my Logitech G35's

http://www.besportier.com/archives/surround-sound-headset-logitech-g35-7-1.jpg

Absolutely fantastic headphones.

Malbec
29th March 2010, 21:58
presently , I'm using this one

http://www.vannicom.de/online_shop/images/headphones%20delux%20manhattan.jpg

I love the sound but the headphone's a bit too delicate , had to a patch job myself as I'm always dropping the headphone..

so looking for something like that one....the official site's not opening but the headphone's by manhattan products

How much are you prepared to spend and what do you need it for? Do you want headphones that others can't hear or are you not that worried about that? What do you listen to? A hi-fi or an iPod/mobile phone?

I use a pair of Beyerdynamics DT 770 closed headphones for listening to music at home but have a pair of cheap Sony headphones for going running with. Both are perfect for what I use them for.

Daniel
29th March 2010, 22:47
Those headphones look nice Dylan. The ones I've got are 7.1 surround sound ones which are very well built, have a great microphone, do a fantastic job of filtering out background noise and also not allowing others to hear your music as well. Only downside (a plus for me tbh) is that they're USB so can only be used with a PC.

Sleeper
30th March 2010, 00:26
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD485's for my PC and hi-fi, the bass is spectacular on them and cut out a lot of outside sound, only cost me about £40. For my Creative ZEN I use Sennheisers CX500 earphones, very cheap but with similar sound qualiy to the bigger headphones, though a bit fragile.

harsha
30th March 2010, 05:44
I use the headphones on a PC....at home , I want a headphone costing around $100 ....although the one i use , i got it for around $20 (1000 rupees)....

think generally the prices are lower in India....the Logitech G35 costs about $130...which is something I'd be happy to spend...although I want a headphone which is a bit more robust (as in build quality)....

Storm
30th March 2010, 06:31
I have a low end Sennheiser HD for my PC and it is okay but you can check out some of their higher end products looking at your budget.

pino
30th March 2010, 07:41
Sennheiser for both my PC and my music mobile and there are just amazing, especially the CXL300 II, fantastic clear sound and great bass :up: A few months ago I tried to replace them with the very expensive Shure SE 210 but after one day only I returned to the shop, what a crap earphones :down: So from now on I will stick with Sennheiser :D

MrJan
30th March 2010, 17:22
For my iPod I use Sennheiser in ear ones (think that they might be CX300s). Cost 30 quid when I got them and are absolutely fantastic, I still have to keep telling people that I can't hear them talking if I've got the headphones in.

Was thinking about getting a decent set to wear generally at home but should soon be getting 5.1 and it'd be a shame not to use it :cheese:

Daniel
30th March 2010, 17:41
For my iPod I use Sennheiser in ear ones (think that they might be CX300s). Cost 30 quid when I got them and are absolutely fantastic, I still have to keep telling people that I can't hear them talking if I've got the headphones in.

Was thinking about getting a decent set to wear generally at home but should soon be getting 5.1 and it'd be a shame not to use it :cheese:
Buy some G35's that way you can turn it up nice and loud and not disturb anyone else ;)

MrJan
30th March 2010, 19:13
Too rich for my blood, plus I would be using them for xBox/TV/music rather than through the computer so the USB thing would rule them out. If I'm spending proper money then I'll buy Sennheiser again because they're fantastic.

janneppi
30th March 2010, 19:51
For some reason I can't use the type of earplug which have a rubber thing up in the ear(Koss KEB2)4, but I can use Koss's sparkplug types where the rubber is foam. Lot less transferred sounds from moving wire, or something. :)

For gaming/ocactional music listening I have Koss ur40's, very light compared to many of the same price range, altough a bit fragile.

fandango
5th April 2010, 18:20
I bought a pair of DTI-AU610 a while ago. They're not expensive, and the sound is good. I think you have to spend a lot to get headphones that are better. They're comfortable and simple. The best thing about them, though, is that it's easy to change the cable. It has a stereo mini-jack connection on the headpiece, so that typical situation where the cable is pulled and damaged doesn't happen, and the cable can be easily replaced by any mini-jack cable. Here's a picture

http://www.dti-electronics.com/photos/dtiau610.jpg

The only disadvantage is that these headphones don't isolate the sound very much, so if you want something for a situation where others can't hear what you're listening to I wouldn't recommend them.