PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of bed

Mark
29th March 2010, 10:28
How easy is it for you to get up in the morning? Are you the type of person who when the alarm goes off, you're up straight away, or do you need 10 minutes extra to wake up first? Or do you sleep through 25 different alarms and miss breakfast? ;)

Myself when the alarm goes off, I just get straight out of bed. Although I don't like it :p

MrJan
29th March 2010, 10:40
I put my alarm halfway across the room so that I have to get out of bed straight away. I found that, when it was next to me, I had a habit of waking up, turning it off and falling asleep again without realising that it had gone off :S

pino
29th March 2010, 10:41
I don't need any alarm and I can easily get up at about 6 every morning and I love it :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
29th March 2010, 12:22
I'm terrible at getting out of bed. Usually I wake up at a reasonable time then have another two hours sleep, I get out of bed when I'm hungry.

BeansBeansBeans
29th March 2010, 12:31
A timely thread for me after I overslept by an hour this morning. I tend to press snooze about four times.

GridGirl
29th March 2010, 13:47
I can only get out of bed on the .00, .15, ,30, or .45. If it goes to 7.16am for example I would have to wait untill 7.30. This drives my partner insane.

schmenke
29th March 2010, 14:33
Over the years I've trained myself to avoid the snooze button :p :

Still, getting out of bed at 5:30 is always a struggle :dozey:

Donney
29th March 2010, 14:37
I find it easy to get out of bed, although most of the times I'd rather stay...

slorydn1
29th March 2010, 14:44
For me the problem is my rotating shift schedule. When I am on dayshift, I have to be up at 5am. I set my alarm for 4:55 and hit the snooze straight away, but I keep 1 eye open looking at the clock, and I stagger out of bed at 5. When on niteshift, I usually just roll out of bed with no alarm sometime in the after noon.....

As u can tell, I HATE dayshift :p :

Mark
29th March 2010, 15:23
I can only get out of bed on the .00, .15, ,30, or .45. If it goes to 7.16am for example I would have to wait untill 7.30. This drives my partner insane.

Can't get up on an odd number!

billiaml
29th March 2010, 15:40
I don't use an alarm, but my eyes generally open in time to wake up. Since I'm not much of a morning person, actually getting out of bed takes a while -- especially on chilly mornings cuz my waterbed is nice & warm. :D

J4MIE
29th March 2010, 21:02
I hate mornings!

I have five alarms set on my mobile which goes off with an annoying tune and each goes onto snooze, and I can easily sleep through them all and wake up with my phone in my hand with no memory of it going off. I also have a radio alarm which is set to slightly louder than I am happy with, as I find if I set it higher I get a shock, dart out of bed, switch it off but then go back to sleep. I've been a lot better since I got back from holiday but just wish I could get up at the same time every day - but going to bed at the same time each night is a big problem for me too. If it wasn't cold when I get up then I think I would get up a lot easier :p :

The other annoying thing is that on my mobile the same button is used to switch the alarm off and then to bring up the call history, then to call that number....... the number of times that I have called my boss at 6am is rediculous!! :eek:

I have even on occasion when my radio alarm goes off, gone over to my desk and thrown everything off it trying to find the alarm to switch it off before remembering it is not on my desk at all :p :

I hate mornings :(

tannat
29th March 2010, 21:11
I have an internal alarm that goes off about 5-5:30 each morning. Straight outta bed and on it...

I think having an ill-sleeping daughter trained me.

Hard for me to even believe those days in grad school when I would sleep until 12pm on Saturday afternoons....

MrJan
29th March 2010, 21:20
The other annoying thing is that on my mobile the same button is used to switch the alarm off and then to bring up the call history, then to call that number....... the number of times that I have called my boss at 6am is rediculous!! :eek:

My brother used to do that a lot with his Blackberry. I got really annoyed at being woken up nearly an hour before I should, all because of his stupid alarm.

When I went to do exams in Cardiff I was petrified of over sleeping so had 2 alarm clocks and 2 phones. Ended up breaking my phone when it went off at the wrong time and my tired brain couldn't work out how to turn it off.

billiaml
29th March 2010, 21:22
funny how well our daughters train us, isn't it, tannat? :p :

Daniel
29th March 2010, 21:47
How easy is it for you to get up in the morning? Are you the type of person who when the alarm goes off, you're up straight away, or do you need 10 minutes extra to wake up first? Or do you sleep through 25 different alarms and miss breakfast? ;)

Myself when the alarm goes off, I just get straight out of bed. Although I don't like it :p
It should be pointed out that this is aimed at me :p

To be fair I was flipping tired!!!! The night before your stag do I'd only had 3 or so hours of sleep and the 3 hour drive up wasn't great and then all those hours of driving on fairly technical roads was tiring too and then we went out to the Indian at which point I was ready to fall asleep and then we stayed out another 5 or 6 hours :p

I got back to my room, had a bath and then got into bed at about 2 and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow! It was no surprise that I didn't wake up when my alarm went off at 7 or at 9 (after I'd woken up at 8 and set it again after I wrongly assumed the F1 was boring)

I like to sleep :D

driveace
29th March 2010, 22:12
Is never a problem,I tell myself what time i need to be up the night before,AND I will wake at the correct time.No alarms,and my wake up time can be at 5, 6 ,7, or 8 AM with no problem.Now I am retired i am normally awake around 7.30.am. and out of bed in the next 5,its called discipline!

Sonic
29th March 2010, 23:03
Depends why I'm getting up; if one of the boys needs me I'm up in a flash but if I know I can stretch it out by a few mins I will try.

On the subject of alarm times. I'm the exact opposite of you grid girl; I can't set my clock for a "regular time". For example my clock is currently set for 04.03. :-/

AndyRAC
29th March 2010, 23:41
It depends how hot the girl you're in bed with is ;)

Unfortunately, I'm single so don't have a problem getting out of bed.

Easy Drifter
30th March 2010, 01:43
When I had a 9 to 5 type job my mental alarm worked fine. Even when I had to be up at 5 am to catch the one train to Toronto for a job starting at 9 I was fine. 35 minute drive to the station too. 100 mile commute each way.
Same when we had our store I would wake up with sufficient time to get there to open.
Now retired my sleep patterns are nuts.
I usually do my article writing at night and do not get to bed until 3 or 4 am.
Usually get up about 10. Often sleep for 2 or 3 hours in afternoon.
But somehow I can still set my mental alarm for when I want!
That, by the way, is why you sometimes see me posting here in what is the middle of the night in my time zone.

Storm
30th March 2010, 06:39
I usually find it very hard to get out of bed but I just immediately get up when the alarm sounds (that too on weekends!) if I'm going hiking/trekking or going out of town.

Garry Walker
30th March 2010, 17:23
I can wake up without problems, but I am not really a mornings person. I can do physical work in the morning without problems, but anything that requires thinking I prefer to leave for the evening and night. I am at my most productive during the night time.

Hazell B
30th March 2010, 18:55
I'm like Garry, not a morning person but fine at getting up. 4.30am sundays is a mild pain but I do it.

Normally I just wake up when I do - no alarm. One of the joys of being my own boss :)

Easy Drifter
30th March 2010, 19:08
Garry with reference to your last sentence this thread is not about your sex life! :D

tannat
30th March 2010, 21:46
funny how well our daughters train us, isn't it, tannat? :p :

Yes- and my son did so before her..
Perhaps I am too kind to my kids, and yet they would say I am nmot kind enough...

Cheers billiaml