PDA

View Full Version : About you

maxu05
1st March 2007, 02:01
Hi all :wave:
I started this thread last year, so we could get to know each other a little better. I think it went well, and most of the regulars know each other on a first name basis. Since last year, we have had an increase in new members, and also an increase in visitors from other forums. It's great to know who you are discussing racing with, what their interests are etc,etc.
So, I will get the ball rolling.

My name is John. I am 40 yrs old (AAAAHHHHH). I am an Aussie living in China, teaching English. I love motorcycle racing, V8 supercars, and motorsport in general. My wife is Chinese (4 years married now), and is also a member of the forum, (loudanfox). I am trying to get to Shanghai for the Motogp this year, but, it will be hard to fit in with my new work schedule. I am originally from Penrith (near Sydney, not UK) in Australia, but fell in love with China, and plan on staying here the rest of my life. I would love to hear from some of the new forum members and where they are from etc.
That's me, if you want to know more, send me a PM.
Cheers.

fatman
1st March 2007, 02:09
My name is Ryan. I'm 32 yrs old (AAAAAHHHH). I live in Canada and I am an art dealer / computer programmer. I spend my days selling historical and contemporary artwork and my nights programming web sites. I have a beautiful baby girl and the best wife in the world (no offense loudanfox). We got married last year and went to Mugello for our honeymoon. The next motorcycle race we see live will hopefully be Laguna (or maybe Indy) in 08.

Lanky_Wes
1st March 2007, 02:54
my name is wes. i am 22 years old. my birth certificate says i am australian but my heart says i am a kiwi. i am getting married on july 7th this year (woohoo!). only 128 days to go!! i am currently studying primary teaching at uni but still have three years to go (booo, to long :( ). i like just about every sport under the sun. i am a suzuki fan (dont know if there are many on here) and fav rider at the moment is john hopkins.

maxu05
1st March 2007, 05:28
Glad to have you on board Wes. Congrats on the wedding plans, hope it all goes well for you. If you need any ideas for teaching plans, let me know via PM. I have been teaching for 6 years now, and have lots of plans, ideas etc,etc. I would be glad to help if you need something. maxu05/John

The Phantom
1st March 2007, 07:00
I may or may not have been around for this topic last year... so let's do it again regardless.

I'm Murray, and I am a motorcycle addict : )

I live in Sydney's Inner West, although I grew up in the Snowy Mountains and the Picton/Wollondilly district. I've got a gorgeous partner who also rides (she had a Triumph TT600 when we met), and two great little kids (3yo girl and 6mth old boy). I like musclecars, snowsports, beer, mountainbiking/canyoning/anything to do with the outdoors really. And I've been a huge moto race fan since the '90s, and was very pleased to come across this forum last year. The moto sites I also frequent don't go into the level of detail on racing that you can find here.

One day I will go to IoM, and I'd also like to attend the Suzuka 8hr sometime.

luodanfox
1st March 2007, 07:32
hi,I'm Helen,this is my English name ,I'm 29 yrs old (AAAAAHHHH)this year.I from China ,I'm married ,my husband is maxu05 ,nice to see you guys online ,maybe this year I will online more time ,my English writting is not very good ,hope all of you can understand .

tha_jackal
1st March 2007, 08:56
Hey hey, I'm Jake (I like to think im one of the regulars.) I be 19 years old (no AAHHH for me :p ) Im an Aussie, live in Oztralya :D I too love bikes, just motorsport in general really. Im currently studying media at Uni. I hope to one day be involved in the world of MotoGP in some capacity ( i.e media ;) ) I live in Melbourne, Victoria and went to the Island last year for the GP, will be going again this year. My other passion, aside from bikes is music, my favorite band is MUSE, I saw them live for the first time earlier this month, best live act EVER! (Im currently wearing a MUSE tshirt. haha) Peace out..

harsha
1st March 2007, 10:48
harsha here :wave: from ,Hyderabad,India
just a boring guy doing a boring programming job :p :

good to see some new members in this forum cause i can remember a time where there were only about 7 members posting in this forum.... :D

hope that the other guys come back,and my passions apart from f1 is motogp or is it the otherway round...

also like music(iron maiden,judas priest,pain of salvation,epica,helloween......................... .....................................)

rock hard,ride free............... :cheese:

Mach24
1st March 2007, 11:11
G'day, Mark from Australia here, 36 years old, married with first child on the way (early May). I have riden since I was 21 and tried my hand at road racing for a few seasons. Anyhow...... after realizing how hard it really is I thought I would just add to forums giving my 'expert' opinion instead of getting in the way of the fast guys.

Racing highlight was racing at the WSBK supports a few years back in Aussie Superstock.

I got hooked on bike racing the first year WSBK arrived at PI when by accident I found myself at the track. Stefan Merton threw it into the pit straight wall with flames aplenty and I have been hooked ever since.

Whilst I prefer Superbike I have an equal passion for MotoGP.

NinjaMaster
1st March 2007, 11:35
Nice job John. Perhaps this could be a sticky for people to add to as they join, to fit in a little quicker? Just a thought.

Anyways, I be Clint, brother of Lanky_Wes (you should all feel sorry for me!). I am 26 years of age (AHHH!!!) and live in the south eastern suburbs of the mighty city of Melbourne in Straya. Motorcycles are a massive passion of mine and I have attended every round of WSB in Aus since '95 and MotoGP since '97. I currently ride a 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R and am a dyed-in-the-wool Kawasaki nut.
My other passions in life include Football (Aussie Rules of course :D ), most forms of motor racing and rock music, anything from Johnny Cash to the Beatles to the Living End and Tool. My main passion is my Christian faith.
I work in our family business ,which I enjoy, and we sell irrigation, pumps, tanks and other related type products.

Good luck with the kid thing, Mark. Hope it goes well and he/she comes out healthy. :up:

Mach24
1st March 2007, 12:37
harsha here :wave: from ,Hyderabad,India
just a boring guy doing a boring programming job :p :

good to see some new members in this forum cause i can remember a time where there were only about 7 members posting in this forum.... :D

hope that the other guys come back,and my passions apart from f1 is motogp or is it the otherway round...

also like music(iron maiden,judas priest,pain of salvation,epica,helloween......................... .....................................)

rock hard,ride free............... :cheese:

Harsha, what is the road racing scene like in India?

harsha
1st March 2007, 13:51
the Indians are not much into bike racing i'm afraid,not much sponsorship.........................the cart and the car racing series ok,we get some decent drivers coming up....but bikes,nope

Corny
1st March 2007, 15:42
Hi I'm Corné van Lavieren. Probably the youngest member here, 17 years old and from Holland (Mid Holland, near Ede). I'm a student, and I drive a Yamaha Aerox, which is a scooter of course.
I came in touch with MotoGP already on my third, my father goes to the TT-Assen since his fourteenth so I kind of rolled into it. I didn't really like bike racing when Doohan was on top (that was the time I could understand MotoGP), because the bike's noices weren't good and IMO WRC was better at that time (I did like SBK at that time!). But 2002 got me interesting again, that four strokes are some bikes man.
I can't see any sport begin better than MotoGP at the moment; could you tell me a top motorsport where 4 people end in 1 second after 45 minutes of racing?
I go to Assen every year, for WSBK and MotoGP. It's a real good track and everyone has to go there sometime, you can come real close to the race track in Assen!
My father has got a YZR750 from 94/95, I'm not sure in there, which he has made in the colors of the Yamaha GP Laguna Seca colors 2005. Quit cool in there..

Corny

The Phantom
2nd March 2007, 01:49
Racing highlight was racing at the WSBK supports a few years back in Aussie Superstock.

I got hooked on bike racing the first year WSBK arrived at PI when by accident I found myself at the track. Stefan Merton threw it into the pit straight wall with flames aplenty and I have been hooked ever since..

Hi Mark, I have an AMCN poster of that Duc 851 flaming its way down pit straight - amazing moment.

We seem to have a few real racers here, that's very cool.

mx311
2nd March 2007, 03:49
Is it time for this thread already, man where did that last year go? :laugh:

Anyway, my name is Matt, I'm 26 years old. I'm from Melbourne, Australia although I now reside in Barcelona, Spain (not far from the GP circuit). I live with my roomie, a MotoGP journo named Maria and also now my 3 year old God-Daughter who am I now the legal guardian of (hence my lack of spare time). For a crust I work with Honda Spain on their Junior Rider Development program. I have been a MotoGP fan since the Wayne Gardner, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson days. My big passion though is Motocross/Supercross (Go Reedy). I currently ride a Honda CBR600RR which I got for FREE from Honda Spain and I also have three (yes count them) three Honda dirt bikes, two CRF450R's and one CRF250R. I'm living the dream baby. :)

Oh and on top of all that I am the president of the 'I Hate Neil Hodgson Club'. ;)

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 04:31
:laugh: :up:

ChrisS
3rd March 2007, 22:22
Hello

My name is Chris (D'oh) I'm 26 years old and I'm from Cyprus. for the past few years I've been living at the UK where I do a part time postgraduate decry and work.

I started out as a world superbike fan in the late 90s mostly because that was the series I was able to watch on TV, I got into GP racing in 01 I think but since then I tried to expand my knowledge of GP by buying books and past season reviews

I don't own a bike atm, I used to own a 98 Yamaha R1 that I crashed heavily and ended up in the hospital for a month. regardless of that the R1 remains my favorite bike and I want to buy one as soon as I'm able to afford it

edlalu
4th March 2007, 05:31
Hi all, I'm Ed, a 40 year old (AAAAHHH) from Washington State in the US. I own an 02 CBR600F4i that I have put over 36,000 miles on in the past 2 1/2 years, though I just bought a car so my ride time will be reduced. I also am set to be married later this year, to a wonderful woman who owns a Ducati and got me hooked on MotoGP about 3 years ago. Her daughter calls me "daddy" and I pick her up on the bike after school. We are all Loris fan's though the kid has a thing for Rossi. I hope to add a Sport Tour to the garage but that may have to wait until after the nuptules.

NinjaMaster
4th March 2007, 09:43
Hello

My name is Chris (D'oh) I'm 26 years old and I'm from Cyprus. for the past few years I've been living at the UK where I do a part time postgraduate decry and work.

I started out as a world superbike fan in the late 90s mostly because that was the series I was able to watch on TV, I got into GP racing in 01 I think but since then I tried to expand my knowledge of GP by buying books and past season reviews

I don't own a bike atm, I used to own a 98 Yamaha R1 that I crashed heavily and ended up in the hospital for a month. regardless of that the R1 remains my favorite bike and I want to buy one as soon as I'm able to afford it

Good on ya mate. Glad to see the crash hasn't put you off bikes. Hope you can get a new one soon. My old man has a 2002 R1 and it is FAST! I think World Superbikes are more of the motorcycle enthusiasts favourite whereas MotoGP is more open to just motorsport fans. Good luck with your saving. :up:

Hi all, I'm Ed, a 40 year old (AAAAHHH) from Washington State in the US. I own an 02 CBR600F4i that I have put over 36,000 miles on in the past 2 1/2 years, though I just bought a car so my ride time will be reduced. I also am set to be married later this year, to a wonderful woman who owns a Ducati and got me hooked on MotoGP about 3 years ago. Her daughter calls me "daddy" and I pick her up on the bike after school. We are all Loris fan's though the kid has a thing for Rossi. I hope to add a Sport Tour to the garage but that may have to wait until after the nuptules.

Crikey, that's a lot of riding! Congratulations on getting married this year. Hope it goes well. You clearly have a great woman there with terrific taste. :) :up:

jim mcglinchey
4th March 2007, 13:14
Hi chaps, I finally bit the bullet and went out and bought a brand spanking K6 model 650 Bandit, its not the fuel injected K7 but its smart enough for me.All black and naked, just the way I like 'em. It hasnt dried up since I got it delivered but Ill get it run in this month hopefully.

harsha
5th March 2007, 05:54
is it me or this forum getting overrun by ozzies :p

we'll see what happens at the world cup :D

The Phantom
5th March 2007, 05:59
Hmmm, I forgot to mention my bike - I'm a Honda V4 nut and have a very highly modified '94 VFR750 - original factory black. Mods include:

- 2004 R1 forks, radial brakes, front wheel
- CBR929 tripleclamps
- Epro billet clip-ons
- '92 VFR750 8-spoke rear wheel
- Ohlins shock
- Indigo stainless full headers mounted to Wolf dual underseat canisters
- modified bodywork (think NR750)
- an 840cc overbore kit is in the works for 120rwhp

There's nothing quite like a V4!

NinjaMaster
6th March 2007, 10:01
Hmmm, I forgot to mention my bike - I'm a Honda V4 nut and have a very highly modified '94 VFR750 - original factory black. Mods include:

- 2004 R1 forks, radial brakes, front wheel
- CBR929 tripleclamps
- Epro billet clip-ons
- '92 VFR750 8-spoke rear wheel
- Ohlins shock
- Indigo stainless full headers mounted to Wolf dual underseat canisters
- modified bodywork (think NR750)
- an 840cc overbore kit is in the works for 120rwhp

There's nothing quite like a V4!
We need pics!!!!

I know a few blokes with VFR's (one is now deceased - the bike that is!) and with aftermarket cans, they sound awesome.

NinjaMaster
6th March 2007, 10:05
Hi chaps, I finally bit the bullet and went out and bought a brand spanking K6 model 650 Bandit, its not the fuel injected K7 but its smart enough for me.All black and naked, just the way I like 'em. It hasnt dried up since I got it delivered but Ill get it run in this month hopefully.
That's great Jim. Did you ride one before you bought it? Have you got many good roads nearby? Hope you really enjoy it. Stay safe and happy riding.

jim mcglinchey
6th March 2007, 13:23
I thank you Ninja. I didnt actually test ide it because there was a small matter of my license being two years out of date and they would nt let me try it without it, but I knew Id like it, and I do. Plenty of good roads round here, but the biking weather is still a few weeks off.

patnicholls
7th March 2007, 00:08
Guess it's my turn...

I'm Pat (or Patrick, whichever you want), I'm 25 and am from Stockport which is near Manchester in Britain. My job is as a Building Services Design Engineer, working for a consultancy who design heating, ventilation etc for industrial buildings.

Have been a fan of motor racing of all forms since the mid-nineties, running through F1 and Touring Cars, to CART/Champ Car and F3000 and most other things. I got into British Superbikes in about 1997 and then MotoGP and WSB in 2000 and haven't looked back. I also set up and ran my uni karting team for three years after trying it when I first got there, and am doing an indoor series this year amongst other things. I have not yet ridden a motorbike.

Away from racing, I love listening to music and going to gigs, stage shows too - comedy in particular. Reading, cookery, and social drinking [what else? :p ] fill up much of the rest of my time when not messing about on the net.

My fave riders are Chris Walker, Yukio Kagayama, Alvaro Bautista and Hiroshi Aoyama at the min. Am also in a big James Toseland mood right now :D

tha_jackal
7th March 2007, 00:16
Am also in a big James Toseland mood right now :D

What pom isn't? :p ;) ... Seriously though, he looks to be the next brit that will give MotoGP a big shake, next year of course, replacing Toni Elias? .. Or Carlos Checa? Whichever one fails.. (one will)

patnicholls
7th March 2007, 01:07
I've also stuck this thread so any newbies (there seem to be plenty about) can have a look without it slipping down the page.

NinjaMaster
7th March 2007, 07:36
I've also stuck this thread so any newbies (there seem to be plenty about) can have a look without it slipping down the page.
Good idea. ;)

harsha
7th March 2007, 08:43

when will the "anybody here" thread get sticked :p :

MrJan
8th March 2007, 23:08
Good day to you all. I'm Jan, I'm a bloke, I'm from the South West of England, oh and I'm 21 (HAHAHAHAH :p : ) I left Uni in July with a degree in Journalism that I'm not planning on using and currently work for a company that sells industrial plumbing and heating supplies.

I have no bike license and much prefer cars (don't hurt me :laugh: ), mainly because it's quite difficult to fall off a car and end up in hospital :p : When it comes to motorsport I love pretty much any of it and in the past have seen sprint racing, kart racing, rallying, historic trials, motorbike trials (in the days of Dougie Lampkin), speed hill climbing and many others (basically things with engines that go fast). Despite this wide range I would have to say that MotoGP and Superbikes provide possibly the most excitement out of everything.

This year I am hoping to get to Donnington for the GPs amongst a number of other motorsport events.

Outside of the sport I am an Exeter City fan (my local football/soccer team) and have a wide taste in music from pop to blues, reggae, dance, hip-hop, rock and world. I am also a very big fan of sitting. I'd say that I enjoy a good 4 or 5 hours a day sitting and occassionally scratching :D

NinjaMaster
9th March 2007, 13:04
I have no bike license and much prefer cars (don't hurt me :laugh: ), mainly because it's quite difficult to fall off a car and end up in hospital :p :

I dunno. No sense of adventure! :D

Mihai
9th March 2007, 21:59
Let me introduce myself. My name is Mihai (dough :) ) and I am a 25 year old motorsport journalist from Romania. I'm primarily interested in car racing, but I also enjoy racing on two wheels. I would like to discover more about motorcycling racing's history too. When I was a little boy, my father took me to a motorcycling race on a street course in downtown Bucharest and that moment I fell in love with racing in general. I also went to other races more recently (the Romanian national motorcycling championship is held on bumpy airport tracks nodways) and I know a few riders and organisers. I would like to spend more time on this section of the forum, as I also watch all classes of the Motorcycling World Championship, Superbike and Supermoto. I usually read your comments and I have great fun.

Ranger
10th March 2007, 04:01
Hi all. I'm Matt, I am a 16 year old student on the Northern Beaches of Sydney (yes, yet another Aussie on the forum). Liked cars all my life, but only seriously started to pay attention to motorsport (ie, more than the sporadic viewing) starting in 2004-2005 with the WRC (I visit and post on all the above subforums). Then came the staying up late on a Sunday night to watch F1 in 2006, and, noting how one of my friends only liked 1 motorsport (MotoGP), I decided to start watching from about round 4-5 until the end of the year. On reflection, that was quite a season :) ... Didn't really realise how good the series was compared to past seasons at the time, so I hope 2007 is just as close. For the record, I'll be going for Ducati and Repsol Honda. :up:

maxu05
10th March 2007, 04:51
Welcome Mihai and Malllen. I hope you both enjoy the racing this year, and we would like to hear your comments throughout the season. maxu05/john

P.S. There can never be too many Aussies :cheese: I may fly the Chinese Flag ( I fly it because I live in China) but I am an Aussie after all :)

Mihai
10th March 2007, 08:01
Well, I am a Kiwi-wannabe, so count me as one of your own. ;)

jonny hurlock
10th March 2007, 15:15
hello i'm jon, i'm 20 years old student living in London, England, i'm doing a two year hnd in interactive media, thats photoshop, web-designing, flash animations, game-designing so forth. I love my motorsport 2 or 4 whells inc F1, MotoGP, IRL, BTCC, BSB so forth. Last year I went to Brands Hatch to watch the DTM.I might watch the dtm, btcc or bsb(not in april i'm on holiday) this year i'm not sure. other intrests are football/soccor (surport west ham united, i know going down) I like anykind of music, also I like Photogropthy.

jens
10th March 2007, 16:19
Hi! Actually 'jens' is not my real name (which is Henrik) written in my passport, but I started to use that name as a nickname years ago in all kinds of Internet places. :p :

Currently I'm 20 (AAAAHH :laugh :) and I'm styding history at the university at the moment. I call myself as a sports fanatic and my hobby is to dream up all kinds of sport events in other imaginable worlds and fantasize them. :p :

Nothing more interesting to tell you about me. :)

ZX10R_shaun
11th March 2007, 00:25
gday folks, its about time i bit the bullet and registed on here, i have been looking what you guys have too say on here for a few months. my name is shaun,im 35 live in cockatoo in melbourne aus ...and have 2yr old boy named marley, just bought a red 2007 ZX10R, (had a ZX9R). been riding dirt since a kid and road bikes since i was 18. i also have a YZ250f . i live to ride as most of you guys do to, ive been watching 500s/motogp since early 90s same with superbikes....i love motocross/bushbashing, im sponsored by fox,dunlop,alpinestars....not really...lol my mate works for fox australia, i get looked after ;) hope to chew the fat with you guys and make some good online buddies or even meet some of you that get to the island .....cheers :D

tha_jackal
11th March 2007, 01:22
gday folks, its about time i bit the bullet and registed on here, i have been looking what you guys have too say on here for a few months. my name is shaun,im 35 live in cockatoo in melbourne aus ...and have 2yr old boy named marley, just bought a red 2007 ZX10R, (had a ZX9R). been riding dirt since a kid and road bikes since i was 18. i also have a YZ250f . i live to ride as most of you guys do to, ive been watching 500s/motogp since early 90s same with superbikes....i love motocross/bushbashing, im sponsored by fox,dunlop,alpinestars....not really...lol my mate works for fox australia, i get looked after ;) hope to chew the fat with you guys and make some good online buddies or even meet some of you that get to the island .....cheers :D

Welcome mate ;) Good to have another Aussie onboard :up: Sure youll fit right in ..

maxu05
11th March 2007, 04:06
Welcome Shaun, nice to have you aboard. Hope to see you in the forums throughout the year. You certainly have great taste in motorcycles :up: How about some pictures of the beast ? I owned a ZZR1100 before coming to China, I miss it badly now that I am stuck with an 80cc scooter :bigcry:

Donney
15th March 2007, 17:09
I think I introduced myself last year but just in case.

My name is Daniel, I'm 32 years old and I live in León, Spain.

I have never owned a bike but I have ridden a couple of Vespinos. I'm a big fan of motorsports as long as there is the option to turn left and right. I first became addicted to motorsport by watching old rally tapes from my dad's collection.
I have been watching motorcycle racing on the TV forever, I can't remember a year when it has not been broadcasted on TVE.
I have to admit I would love to have a bike but I'm afraid I might kill myself :p :

Mach24
16th March 2007, 09:13

My name is Daniel, I'm 32 years old and I live in León, Spain.

I have never owned a bike but I have ridden a couple of Vespinos. I'm a big fan of motorsports as long as there is the option to turn left and right. I first became addicted to motorsport by watching old rally tapes from my dad's collection.
I have been watching motorcycle racing on the TV forever, I can't remember a year when it has not been broadcasted on TVE.
I have to admit I would love to have a bike but I'm afraid I might kill myself :p :

Daniel, is it true that motorcycle racing is one of the major sports in Spain, as big as football?

Has Fernando Alonso's success and Dani Sordo for that matter taken some focus from bikes and moved to cars?

harsha
16th March 2007, 11:22

what's life without a certain risk :?: :p :

NinjaMaster
17th March 2007, 00:38
Welcome Shaun. Like Maxu said, great taste in bikes! I went riding up through Cockatoo last Monday. Top part of the world for bike riders. Hope ya enjoy the forum and maybe will catch ya on the road some day. :up:

ZX10R_shaun
17th March 2007, 07:43
hey guys, im trying to post a couple of pix here ,but not sure how to change jpeg to url file?...any ideas?...thats for the welome too :) ....hey ninjamaster what do u ride...i will keep a eye for ya....

ZX10R_shaun
17th March 2007, 07:44
...i do mean thanks too...lol

NinjaMaster
17th March 2007, 10:03
hey guys, im trying to post a couple of pix here ,but not sure how to change jpeg to url file?...any ideas?...thats for the welome too :) ....hey ninjamaster what do u ride...i will keep a eye for ya....
All info can be found here Shaun, my good friend.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=197315&postcount=28

The best way I found to post pix is to upload to a site like Photobucket or Putfile and then embed them in your post. Instructions are here: http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode
Or you can just post the URL of the page the images are on. I hope I haven't confused you too much! Cheers.

maxu05
17th March 2007, 10:14
Nice one Clint, I will be using that photo posting advice as well. I could post them before they changed the site format. Thanks again mate, and expect more photo's from me in the future, (especially some of the whacky bikes I see here in China everyday).

ZX10R_shaun
17th March 2007, 10:43
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/red_ZX10R/IM000495_2.jpg

ZX10R_shaun
17th March 2007, 10:45
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/red_ZX10R/IM000494.jpg

ZX10R_shaun
17th March 2007, 10:55
im still havent worked out how to put them all together...lol hope u like as much as me....the bike is a rocket...still working on my missus for some after pipes . trick looking bike clint, maybe hook up for a ride sometime? ive only had kwaka road bikes too... 93 gpx250 96 zx6r 98 zx6r 2001 zx9rhttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/red_ZX10R/IM000495_2.jpg

maxu05
17th March 2007, 13:56
Nice bike mate :up: I have always prefered Kawasaki's my self, my first road bike was a Kawaski GT750 shaft drive, then I moved up to the ZZR1100 before selling it and moving to China. I always wanted a ZX12, but, I'm limited to a max of 250cc here. Unfortunately, Kawasaki's are rare here, so I couldn't even go and buy a ZZR250. Oh well, I would kill myself riding a big bike over here, too much traffic, too many crazy drivers and next to no road rules.

Donney
18th March 2007, 12:28
Daniel, is it true that motorcycle racing is one of the major sports in Spain, as big as football?

Has Fernando Alonso's success and Dani Sordo for that matter taken some focus from bikes and moved to cars?

It is one of the biggest sports but sadly not as big as football (everything here is about bloody football and the stupid players and their stupid lifes :mad :)

Alonso has taken some focus from motorcycle racing but not that much. The impact of Sordo on the sport has meant nothing as rallying here gets almost no TV coverage :( .

There are thousands and thousands of people watching the races live every weekend and the races at Valencia, Jérez and Barcelona always make it to the news not only for the race but also the high numbers of spectators going to the circuits.

I guess it helps that there is always one or two riders every year who look like championship winners, and that keeps the crowds interested.

tha_jackal
18th March 2007, 23:06
I think I remeber reading last year that in Italy, MotoGP television coverage was the MOST watched sport in the country, here in Aus it would be right down the bottom end of the sports viewing scale im sure, which is a problem, considering its so good to watch.. Surely the message will get through soon? I rekon even when Mick Doohan was a five time world champion, the ratings for GP races would have been dismal..

Oh and nice bike BTW Shaun.. I really wanna get my L's and get a bike soon.. Before I turn 20.. :)

Peace..

NinjaMaster
19th March 2007, 12:19
Nice one Clint, I will be using that photo posting advice as well. I could post them before they changed the site format. Thanks again mate, and expect more photo's from me in the future, (especially some of the whacky bikes I see here in China everyday).

No worries mate. Gotta be of assistance some time. :)

im still havent worked out how to put them all together...lol hope u like as much as me....the bike is a rocket...still working on my missus for some after pipes . trick looking bike clint, maybe hook up for a ride sometime? ive only had kwaka road bikes too... 93 gpx250 96 zx6r 98 zx6r 2001 zx9r

Bike looks tops Shaun. A set of carbon Yoshi pipes would set it off real well I reckon and sound horn too. :up: Hope the red stripes on the tires have gone by now though. :s tareup: A ride would be cool. You'll have to try not complain too much about having to wait for me. :)

I think I remeber reading last year that in Italy, MotoGP television coverage was the MOST watched sport in the country, here in Aus it would be right down the bottom end of the sports viewing scale im sure, which is a problem, considering its so good to watch.. Surely the message will get through soon? I rekon even when Mick Doohan was a five time world champion, the ratings for GP races would have been dismal..

Oh and nice bike BTW Shaun.. I really wanna get my L's and get a bike soon.. Before I turn 20.. :)

Peace..

Good to hear Jake. Tis the best thing you'll ever do. For a while at least anyway.

Ruhmi
24th March 2007, 20:08
Hi! My name is Daniel. I´m 27 years old and live in Germany. I´m a student in business administration. I love motorsports, especially champcars, formula one and motogp but my favourite sport is ice hockey.
If you want to see some pictures of the GERMAN 500 on the Eurospeedway in 2001 or for more informations about me, visit my website: http://www.daniel-ruhm.de

Unfortunatly my english isn´t so good, but I´m working on it.

harsha
28th March 2007, 17:35
it's pretty goos and better zhan mine :cheese:

20th April 2007, 11:40
:)
Hi, I'm Sue, a newbie from New Zealand. The only thing I like about winter is that for us in the southern hemisphere its SBK and Motogp time! Have to admit I can't always stay awake long enough to watch races from start to finish but the DVD takes over and I'm back in front of the tv first thing in the morning. Been a big Noriyku fan for years but support the Australian riders, particularly the two Troys and Casey. Used to be a F1 fan but started losing interest last year - mmmm, haven't worked out if it's just me or is F1 really boring at the moment. Enjoying NZ's involvement in A1.

NinjaMaster
26th April 2007, 12:20
Welcome Sue. :wave: Hope you enjoy the forum, it's a great place to be. Where abouts in New Zilland are you from? My Mum is from the land of the long white cloud (North Island - Papakura) so I've been there a few times. It's a lot like Australia with an accent and less rules! :up: Oh, and it's not you, F1 is BORING!!!

29th April 2007, 09:41
Thanks for the welcome Ninja. I live in Christchurch in the South Island. Lots of motorcycle racing fans here. I notice your location is Mexico - nice!

pole_sitter
25th May 2007, 06:46
Hi everyone!

Download free Kenwood manuals (http://www.manualshark.org/b/kenwood-11/)

tha_jackal
25th May 2007, 08:11
Hi everyone!

Download free Kenwood manuals (http://www.manualshark.org/b/kenwood-11/)

Welcome Abigail! Post a plenty and enjoy your stay!

NinjaMaster
28th May 2007, 12:30
Yeah, welcome Abigail. :wave: Hope you enjoy it here. Don't be shy though, get involved, we won't bite - too hard! :D

ozrevhead
28th May 2007, 13:29
Thanks for the welcome Ninja. I live in Christchurch in the South Island. Lots of motorcycle racing fans here. I notice your location is Mexico - nice!
Must of been happy with Scott Dixon's Result at Indy :D

I was hoping for an Anzac 1-2 but it was not to be sadly :p

I better introduce myself...

Im Filomena, Im 24 and live in Adelaide (I miss having the GP here :( )

Ive been at motorsportforums since 2001 and I am a fan of every Motorsport as well as Football, Aussie Rules and Cricket..I am jealous of European fans as Motorsport and Football are given the respect they deserve. :mad:

We get all the races delayed on Free to Air TV but thanks to getting Foxtell i get all live expect F1 and ALMS which is annoying!!!!

I am a Holden Fan in V8s (Greg Murphy is the BOMB!) & I follow all the Aussies as u are well aware. I am over the moon with Casey's efforts in MotoGP and ecstatic with Chris's first win....I found a pic of the two on the podium spraying the champers and its now my Computer/laptop desktop pic :D

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
O1! O1! O1!

NinjaMaster
28th May 2007, 13:54
Nice to hear from ya Filomena (even if you are from Adelaide! :D ). You don't happen to frequent the BigFooty boards do ya?

ozrevhead
29th May 2007, 10:07
naturally :)

31st May 2007, 11:36
Hi Filomena, welcome. I'm still very much a newbie but enjoy being involved in the forums. Didn't see the Indy 500 but yeah, very happy about Scott D's result. I watch some V8 racing but Motogp and SBKs are my passion. "Football" would that be the round or oblong. I don't ever watch Rugby but don't tell anyone or I'll be made to leave the country!

patnicholls
15th June 2007, 22:18
Anyone else into any of this internet social networking stuff?

I've always been pretty sceptical of MySpace, but have got addicted to Facebook!

NinjaMaster
21st June 2007, 11:24
I have a MySpace but only get on it occasionally. And with only about 20 friends on it, I don't think you'd exactly call it a raging success if I was in it for social networking. :erm:

fireblade1000
12th July 2007, 12:30
Hey

Been on this forum for a while now but haven’t posted that much.
Thought I introduce myself and try to post more often.

I’m Michael, live in Scotland UK.
Into most sports but love motorsports, especially bikes. Like to watch all the big series and get out to watch some live BSB at knock hill.

Recently started to learn to ride on the road and have completed basic training and theory sections so far, hoping to get my licence before the end of the summer.

tha_jackal
12th July 2007, 12:36
Welcome mate!

The more contributors the merrier and its great to see our numbers on the up! :up:

My mum was born in Scotland! :D So i have some relation there, oh and I also plan to get my moty licence in the near future! ;) Oh and so long as you dont like Neil Hodgson and your not a blind Rossi lover, you'll be accepted whole heartedly :p If your a Westy fan, well your gonna be mister popularity! :laugh:

Again, welcome..

Peace.

fireblade1000
13th July 2007, 21:53
Not a big fan of Hodgson but quite like rossi.
Not really seen too much of West before this year but i'm quite impressed.

Top riders are,
Moto Gp - Edwards, Nakano
WSBK - Toseland, Nieto, Kagayama, Neukirchner
BSB - Haslam, Kiyonari

Hope these are OK.

maxu05
14th July 2007, 01:05
Not a big fan of Hodgson but quite like rossi.
Not really seen too much of West before this year but i'm quite impressed.

Top riders are,
Moto Gp - Edwards, Nakano
WSBK - Toseland, Nieto, Kagayama, Neukirchner
BSB - Haslam, Kiyonari

Hope these are OK.

Good to see another Nakano fan, (though I wish he had stayed with the Green Machine). Welcome mate, and enjoy the banter.

harsha
23rd July 2007, 10:54
any hogson fans here............... :p :

don't mind my stupid spelling :cheese:

Wim_Impreza
23rd July 2007, 14:16
Hello, I am Wim, 21 years and I am a Belgian. I follow the MotoGP, 250cc, 125cc and WSB since the begin of 1998 and other nice classes like BSB, Supersport etc. since a few years.

My favourites:
MotoGP: Stoner, Capirossi, West
WSB: Toseland, Smrz
WSS: Harms, Veneman
BSB: Haslam, Byrne
Superstock 1000: Simeon, Van Keymeulen
German championship: Damen

NinjaMaster
23rd July 2007, 14:30
Nice to hear from ya Wim. That's a pretty handy collection of riders there. Where are all the Belgian riders? You guys got some brilliant motocross riders. Anyhow, I look forward to your input on the bikes for the rest of the season. Cheers. :thumbsu:

tha_jackal
23rd July 2007, 14:37
Nice to hear from ya Wim. That's a pretty handy collection of riders there. Where are all the Belgian riders? You guys got some brilliant motocross riders. Anyhow, I look forward to your input on the bikes for the rest of the season. Cheers. :thumbsu:

Simeon and Van Keymeulen are from Belgium arent they? Anyway, i second the welcome, enjoy your stay.. :wave:

NinjaMaster
23rd July 2007, 14:56
Simeon and Van Keymeulen are from Belgium arent they? Anyway, i second the welcome, enjoy your stay.. :wave:
Possibly. I am too lazy to look it up! :D

Wim_Impreza
23rd July 2007, 15:42

Thank you Clint and Jake. Yes, in motocross were and are the Belgian riders great, but on circuit there are not much talented drivers from Belgium. All the sponsorship and media coverage here goes to tennis, motocross, cycling and... football. I am happy that motogp.com is in Dutch too. :) Van Keymeulen and Simeon are from Belgium and I hope they can get some good results. Unfortunately I think there will never again a talented Belgian driver in WSB like Werner Damen or even in MotoGP.

patnicholls
23rd July 2007, 22:42
Welcome to all the new folks, good to have you aboard :)

Wim, Xavier Simeon in particular is looking really good this year in Superstock 1000, he won the last race and lies third in the championship. I think it's his first year there too which is very promising - could be one to move into WSB within a couple of years. Not sure how much coverage of that championship you have but it's worth a look.

tha_jackal
24th July 2007, 00:31
Ah yes cycling.. Tom Boonen? Tour De France is a great event.. :) Anyway, im glad I knew that those two riders were Belgian, I dont even watch SSTK1000 :D I love being right...

Wim_Impreza
24th July 2007, 16:21
Welcome to all the new folks, good to have you aboard :)

Wim, Xavier Simeon in particular is looking really good this year in Superstock 1000, he won the last race and lies third in the championship. I think it's his first year there too which is very promising - could be one to move into WSB within a couple of years. Not sure how much coverage of that championship you have but it's worth a look.

Thank you, Pat. I know that Simeon is doing very well. It's his first year in Superstock 1000, last year he won the Superstock 600 championship. Here in Belgium there is only a bit coverage on the internet and in Motorsport magazines, but not in newspapers. There was no single word about his victory this weekend in the newspapers... For sure Simeon is a talented guy, but it will be very hard for him to find more sponsoring.

patnicholls
13th April 2008, 23:20
Crikey, it's been a while since there was any activity in here.

As usual, I guess we're too busy enjoying the racing.

Any lurkers, feel free to introduce yourselves - you're in the right place! :)

billiaml
16th September 2008, 02:47
Hey, everybody. My name is Bill. I'm 47, but I neither look, act nor feel my age, so you won't hear an "AAAAAGH" from me. :p : I'm generally more into motorsports of the 4-wheel variety, because I grew up in a "car" family (i.e. my dad worked at Ford). Lately, tho, thanks to some friends & relatives, I have had the opportunity to attend a couple AMA SB races in Daytona , so I'm developing an interest in motorcycles. A definite interest.

Of course, since I don't have any relatives who work for a motorcycle manufacturer, deciding who my favorite driver/team is has taken on an entirely new dimension for me. And this is a good thing :D

Roby44
16th September 2008, 08:44
HI Bill..

Age only really matters if you are a cheese or a wine, to my mind anyway :p

leopard
16th September 2008, 10:17
HI Bill..

Age only really matters if you are a cheese or a wine, to my mind anyway :p
I get a feeling neither gender is a matter for you. :)

Roby44
16th September 2008, 21:33
I get a feeling neither gender is a matter for you. :)

Thank you... I think :)

NinjaMaster
17th September 2008, 10:45
Nice to see some activity in here.
Welcome Bill and congrats on finding motorcycle racing. It shouldn't take you too long to realise it's the greatest sport on the planet!
While we're at it, I don't think you've posted anything bout yourself in here Roby. And no, Italian, age 28 etc won't be accepted!

Roby44
17th September 2008, 11:58
Nice to see some activity in here.
Welcome Bill and congrats on finding motorcycle racing. It shouldn't take you too long to realise it's the greatest sport on the planet!
While we're at it, I don't think you've posted anything bout yourself in here Roby. And no, Italian, age 28 etc won't be accepted!

Mmm...

I'm not Italian, I'm not 28...... :( Unfortunately

I admire ;) Roby Rolfo, Dovi and Ant West. Oh and that other chap from Italy.. Valentino :p :

There you go... :) Thats me....

The Phantom
26th September 2008, 23:13
Thought I'd come back and meet a few of our newer members... hello all.

My third child arrived since I was last in this topic, she's now 11 months :o

I'm commuting between Sydney and Sunshine Coast on a weekly basis... Fly to Sydney Mon morning, fly back north Fri night. When in Syd I stay with my brother, 1.5hrs by train from the CBD where I work, and when at home I'm Mr Mum all weekend. So I don't have a lot of free time these days! But hopefully I'll be permanently out of Sydney within the next month or so... and in case I didn't mention it a year or so ago, I'm 39 (ARRRGGGH!)

maxu05
20th February 2009, 13:37
Hi all, my forum name is maxu05, but my name is John.
I am a big Kawasaki fan, though, they have given me little to cheer about in racing, they make some of the finest road (and dirt) bikes on the planet. I have been in China for 7 years, and have just moved, (6 months ago) back to OZ, though, I have moved to the wild west of Western Australia. I am married to Luodanfox, also a forum member, and I am waitng for her immigration to go through. I talk to her every day at the moment, via phone and it is costing me a mint to call China every day, (it's worth it though).
I like watching Motogp,WSBK, WSS, V8 Supercars and most forms of motorsport. My other interests are animals, watching Doco's and Sci Fi flicks, playing with cars and bikes, (the ones you don't have to pedal), PS2 and PS3, cooking, and my latest interest is gardening :s hock: I am learning more about gardening, so I can grow my own veggies and herbs, so that I don't have to put up with the rubbish that they sell in the supermarkets, at extremely high prices. I am 42 this year, it seems as though my eyesight, balance,energy is diminishing, oh, just realised, I have had a dozen beers, that could be it. Well, hope to see you all in the forums throughout the year.

24th February 2009, 07:21
I hope you have more space for your garden now than in China. Good luck with it, it's worth the effort including the composting. You'll probably have a longer growing season in OZ than I have in the Sth Island of NZ so I envy you that. I grow organically for my own health and that of the birds that I share my garden with and I'm doing my little bit for the planet too. Keep us posted.

Wim_Impreza
24th February 2009, 21:31
Welcome John. Who are your favourite riders in the the classes that you named?

TheFamousEccles
5th April 2009, 05:00
Hi there,

seems like this is the place for introductions, so...

My name is Simon and I am a motorcycle racing fan. I currently own a CBR600 F4i that has been modified for track use only (race glass, exhaust, power commander, rebuilt suspension, sticky tyres, etc), and am lamenting at leisure the sale of my 2000 model 900ss that was my road use bike.

Current duties as the father of a 10mth old boy have meant that track time has been a little limited recently, but - dare to dream. Have been looking for a forum that doesn't contain too many brow beating, A grade egos, somewhere to discuss the shared passion and exchange ideas. Here's hoping that this is the place.

Cheers. TFE

tha_jackal
5th April 2009, 08:17
Hi there,

My name is Simon and I am a motorcycle racing fan. I currently own a CBR600 F4i that has been modified for track use only (race glass, exhaust, power commander, rebuilt suspension, sticky tyres, etc), and am lamenting at leisure the sale of my 2000 model 900ss that was my road use bike.

Current duties as the father of a 10mth old boy have meant that track time has been a little limited recently, but - dare to dream. Have been looking for a forum that doesn't contain too many brow beating, A grade egos, somewhere to discuss the shared passion and exchange ideas. Here's hoping that this is the place.

Cheers. TFE

Welcome fella! :)

You'll find this is one of the best forums around, no abuse, no needless bickering.. Just good intelligent discussion..

Im sure you'll enjoy it, even more so if you're an Ant West fan ;) :D

TheFamousEccles
6th April 2009, 00:31
Yep, am a fan of the Super Westie. Interesting how when you put the guy on an even vaguely competitive bike, starts taking podium finishes?

tha_jackal
6th April 2009, 01:06
Yep, am a fan of the Super Westie. Interesting how when you put the guy on an even vaguely competitive bike, starts taking podium finishes?

you're preaching to the choir brother ;) :D

Roby44
6th April 2009, 07:50
Welcome fella! :)

You'll find this is one of the best forums around, no abuse, no needless bickering.. Just good intelligent discussion..

Im sure you'll enjoy it, even more so if you're an Ant West fan ;) :D

Isn't everyone an Ant West fan? :) :D

NinjaMaster
6th April 2009, 09:58
Hi there,

Cheers. TFE

G'day Simon and welcome to the forum - you won't find a better one.

I'd love a track bike. Mate of mine got one recently and doing a couple of track days on my roadbiike, I'm terrified of dropping it. It's great fun though. Ahh, so many toys I'd like, so little money.

Anyways, look forward to your contributions.

paulpock
19th April 2009, 19:36
I'M PAULPOCK , I'M A NEW MEMBER HERE AND LIKE YOU TO ME LIKE VERY MUCH THE MOTOGP, THE JAPANESE MOTORBIKES : HONDA,SUZUKI,KAWASAKI , AND I LIKE THE JAPANESE RIDERS MOTOGP :YUKI TAKAHASHI AND SHOYA TOMIZAWA ,I ADMIRE THEM VERY MUCH , FOR THEIR COURAGE, BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY SMART AND NICE ALWAYS SMILING ,I HOPE THAT THEM MANAGE TO LEARN AND TO KNOW GOOD THEIR MOTORBIKES AND TO DO SOME GOOD RESULTS ALREADY THE NEXT GP MOTEGI IN JAPAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!IS THERE SOMEONE BETWEEN YOU TO WHOSE LIKE THE JAPANESE MOTORBIKES ,THE JAPANESE RIDERS TAKAHASHI ,TOMIZAWA ?? I HOPE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IS THERE SOMEONE THAT KINDLY CAN HELP ME TO DISCOVER A FANCLUB ABOUT SHOYA TOMIZAWA , AND A FANCLUB ABOUT YUKI TAKAHASHI ,A WAY TO SEND TO THEY BOTH ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT MESSAGES ? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I PAULPOCK HOPE IS POSSIBLE TOO HERE SEND MESSAGES TO OUR FAVOURITES MOTOGP RIDERS!!!!!!!!IT'S POSSIBLE? I PAULPOCK WOULD LIKE THAT OTHER YOUNGS TO WHOM LIKE THE JAPANESE MOTORBIKES, THE JAPANESE RIDERS, THE DUCATI , WOULD WRITE TO ME AND EXCHANGE IDEAS EACH OTHER ON THE WONDERFUL MOTORBIKE'S MOTOGP'S WORLD!!(TOO YOUNGS FROM UNITED STATES, AUSTRALIAN , KOREANS,JAPANESE) ABOVEALL AND THEN THE OTHER WORLD'S COUNTRIES,WRITE TO ME ,REPLY TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, AS YOU CAN, I'M WAITING YOUR KIND ANSWERS, !!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :o TO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!A GOOD DAY TO ALL THE MEMBERS ABOUT THIS SITE , TO ALL YOUNGS ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tha_jackal
20th April 2009, 00:38
wow... wowee.. a slab of caps :D

enthusiastic?

paulpock
20th April 2009, 07:46
I Love Very Much Too Read And To Learn By Memory And Be Studying The Techniques Dates About The Japanese Motorbikes And The Ducati , I Like Aboveall To Study The Techniques Dates About Honda Cbr 6oo Rr And Cbr 1000 Rr And The Ducati 1198 S, That Are Perhaps The Most Powerful . I Like Very Much Too The Moto And The Car Videogames And To Play With Motogp Videogame , And With Legends Gt Videogame And You? Another My Passion Is Listening Music Sometimes Aboveall Paolo Nutini And Jonas Brothers, And You? I Wish To You All A Good Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!to Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)

52Paddy
3rd May 2009, 23:30
I'm Paddy Cummins, if you haven't already guessed. I've been on the board for a long time but only recently got an interested in 2 wheelers. I have tv coverage of the Moto GP, British Superbikes and World Superbikes (the two latter championships being repeats, not live races.) So thats what I'll be following this year. I'm still learning about this sport but enjoyed the Jerez race today so hopefully I'll be around the motorcycle forum a bit more regularly over the course of the season. :)

Roby44
4th May 2009, 08:15
G'day Paddy..

It was a great race wasn't it..I was sorry for Dovi though as he was riding well till he had a moment and went of track, buthe came back well to finish 8th..He will do better nexttime out for sure....

I also watch the Superbike races the racing there is usually so much closer..

colin edwards
2nd February 2010, 09:14
Hi, I'm colin edwards, who you can guess is my favourite rider. I got into bike racing in 2000, the year Edwards won his first World Superbike championship and I've been a fan of both him and motorcycle racing since. My dad and me were both screaming like a pair of football fans when Edwards completed his epic comeback in 2002 at Race 2 at Imola!

I also enjoy watching rallying, I got into it in 1995 when Colin McRae won the World Rally Championship. He and Petter Solberg are my favourite drivers.

MrJan
2nd February 2010, 09:26
Yay, new blood in the forum :) I remember that Imola race too, absolutely cracking stuff between two great riders. I think that I had the same sort of reaction last year when Rossi pulled that move on Jorge in Catalunya

NinjaMaster
2nd February 2010, 12:24
Welcome aboard Colin. :wave: I'm a bit of a fan too! The ol' dude still got plenty of speed and probably still a couple of years left in him. He's one of the great superbike riders and that finish at Imola 2002 will be part of WSB folklore forever.

The Phantom
19th February 2010, 09:23
Hi new(ish) members, this place is a great site especially when the racing kicks off - some of the members are really on it and we get some great insights and updates on what is going on, at all levels of the bike racing scene.

An update on me - I've been building a bike in my garage, and although the capacity is closer to 800cc than 600cc, I'm thinking I might enter it in the Moto2 class... I'm gonna need a crew chief, mechanics and at least a dozen umbrella girls :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2746/4362578884_a2b27bf9d8.jpg

MrJan
19th February 2010, 09:30
at least a dozen umbrella girls :D

I'll do it!!! Although you'll have to pay for flights and accomodation and all that guff :D

maxu05
10th July 2010, 01:48
I'm Back.

NinjaMaster
10th July 2010, 03:00
Hey, welcome back John! :up: Nice timing. I was just thinking last nite about some of the old 'faces' that haven't been around for a while like Matt and yourself. Hope all is well and you're back on regularly.

maxu05
10th July 2010, 23:24
Cheers mate. It's amazing how time flies when you are busy with work. I have occasionally checked the site, but have had little time to post. Should be here on a regular basis from here on in.

The Phantom
12th July 2010, 18:13
G'day guys (and girls)

I've been MIA for a while too. Largely because of this thing:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4666623650_e515358679_b.jpg

Putting it through its paces:

http://s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/ricknjo/Glasshouse%2027%206%2010/?action=view&current=M2U00135.mp4

Needed something that was fun but which didn't leave the rest of the family at home. Still got the project bike build and it's progressing, I'll post an update on that soon.

We have taken the Patrol up the Noosa north shore to Double Island Point and Rainbow Beach a few times. Fraser Island in a couple of months, then next year a 12 week trip to Cape York, the Gulf, Darwin, Broom, Uluru and back home :)

MrMetro
21st September 2010, 18:18
Hi, I'm Ryan, I'm 18.

The first forms of motorsport I really watched were the World Rally Championship and various forms of touring car racing, but for the last 2 years, I've been interested greatly by Motorbike racing, to be precise, MotoGP, WSB and BSB. There is just something you don't get with car racing.

I've been researching the history of these championships. I hope to take lessons to ride later this year or early next year.

My favourite riders are Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden, Jonathan Rea and Cal Crutchlow.

Allyc85
21st September 2010, 20:38
Good choice of riders mate :D

MrMetro
8th November 2010, 18:35
I don't know what it is, but recently, I found the great passion I had for rallying. In some ways I feel I turned my back on it, and I ain't happy about that.

Rally is a fantastic motorsport, it well and truly is the people's motorsport.

:beer:

SeaN77
29th January 2011, 16:58
Hi, just signed up yesterday. My name is Sean.

Im 17 years old and eat, breathe and sleep motorcycle racing. 12 years old i was when i went to my first race and have been hooked ever since. The main championships i follow are Motogp, Moto2, WSB, WSS, BSB and recently have started to show an interest in the AMA Supercross Series.

I have raced in motocross myself for a year then entered the Aprilia 125 superteen championship, raced that for 2 years. Was hoping to get on a 600 but it didnt work out for Family reasons.

Favourite riders:
Casey Stoner, always been a fan. He IS the fastest rider in the world with the correct machinery and his riding style is just awesome.
Eugene Laverty, again brilliant riding style and have known him since his days in BSS.
Riyo Kiyonari, great to watch, so fast on his day.
James Stewart, fastest supercross rider ever and great loose style.

MotoRaz
30th January 2011, 21:08
Newbie here as well, quite weird as well, as I am also called Ryan and I'm 18! I love motorbikes and motorbike racing. My favourite riders in MotoGP are Valentino Rossi, Colin Edwards, Scott Redding and Bradley Smith. I also like WSB,BSB, Enduro, Motocross and Trials.

Cheers!

:beer:

NinjaMaster
12th February 2011, 08:02
A belated welcome to you SeaN77 and MotoRaz. :wave: Looking forward to discussing the 2011 motorcycle racing season, on and off road, with ya. Also, make sure you enter teams in the Forum Fantasy League, it's great fun.

Phantom, that's some nice work in the Patrol. That hill looks impossibly steep! My old man had a GQ Patrol and then an 80 series Cruiser and I've many fond memories of 4wding and camping. Hopefuly you can have as much fun with your family in the beast as we did.

Roby44
12th February 2011, 09:34
Im back! Been off "exploring" but now its almost Superbike time again...and to make it even more special Roby is back in Supers!!! Woo Hoo.....Go the Kawasaki #44

Wim_Impreza
12th February 2011, 11:32
Welcome back and good luck to Rolfo.

DavePI2
12th February 2011, 12:25
Hello , my name is David and I am a new fan(just started watching last year) from Columbus, Ohio in the US. I work in road construction so most of my friends are race fans, I am just about the only cycle fan though. Went to ama at midohio last year and was hooked so I also spent a great day at moto gp at indy. Plan on same this year only difference being I will catch both race days at midohio. Too bad world superbike doesn't race close too me. Oh well my wife might divorce me if they did since I also go too indy and midohio for auto races as well. Hope to meet new friends at the races later this year.

david

Roby44
13th February 2011, 10:10
Thanks for the welcome back...Im amazed I remembered my password its been so long since I visited here!

Roby will go well Im thinking / hoping!! He had a great round in Sepang in Moto2 and a not so good one at The Island after that!!

Fingers crossed he'll go well...

11 days till I'm at The Island for Supers..

Roby44
13th February 2011, 10:14
Hi...Will you go to any MotoGP or Superbike races this year??

Wim_Impreza
13th February 2011, 12:31
I will go to the WSBK in Assen and at the Nürburgring, one IDM weekend and some national races for the Belgian and the Dutch championship. No MotoGP for me with so few riders on the grid and the much higher prices.

Roby44
14th February 2011, 10:40
MotoGP is very expensive...Its almost cheaper for me to fly to Malaysia though for teh GP race then fly to Phillip Island..

NinjaMaster
14th February 2011, 10:51
That's why you ride down, Roby! On your brand new Kawasaki! :laugh:

Mach24
15th February 2011, 00:13
MotoGP is very expensive...Its almost cheaper for me to fly to Malaysia though for teh GP race then fly to Phillip Island..

Funny, I stopped going to MGP a few years back because of the cost and normally ordinary racing. When I did the sums it was not that much more expensive to fly and accommodate at KL.

However, I am saving the cash for a European trip, perhaps next year. I would like to get to Assen or Imola and the NW200 in Ireland.

Roby44
15th February 2011, 07:42
That's why you ride down, Roby! On your brand new Kawasaki! :laugh:

Too far for this old person to ride!! LOL Flying is the way to go for me !! See you there ....

The Phantom
5th April 2011, 02:41
I'm hoping to get to the Phillip Island MotoGP round this year.

NinjaMaster
5th April 2011, 09:49
I'm hoping to get to the Phillip Island MotoGP round this year.

Hope the weathers nice! How's the project bike going?

I went 4wding-ish on the weekend. A mate of mine has a tough 80 series turbo diesel 'Cruiser that we took to Gembrook with another friends new toy - an XD Falcon with Bridgestone Desert Deulers! It's amazing how far we got that thing! :rotflmao:

MrJan
7th April 2011, 09:01
Now that I've changed my username thought it might be worth clarifying it. Previously known as Miguel Sanchez and Mr Jan, I'm now barryfullalove :D This makes perfect sense...to me.

patnicholls
7th April 2011, 12:26
Now that I've changed my username thought it might be worth clarifying it. Previously known as Miguel Sanchez and Mr Jan, I'm now barryfullalove :D This makes perfect sense...to me.

Ah-ha - I wondered why you'd just popped up and we hadn't seen you before despite the large number of posts. Welcome back!

The Phantom
8th April 2011, 09:02
Hope the weathers nice! How's the project bike going?

I went 4wding-ish on the weekend. A mate of mine has a tough 80 series turbo diesel 'Cruiser that we took to Gembrook with another friends new toy - an XD Falcon with Bridgestone Desert Deulers! It's amazing how far we got that thing! :rotflmao:

Not a lot of actual work on the project bike but I have bought some more bits I needed for it - Competition Werkes straight-through MotoGP-style exhaust, Beringer clutch and brake fluid reservoirs and a few other nice bits.

I spend too much time 4WDing these days :D Sounds like a fun day out, Falcon with offroad boots now that's pretty cool.

In a few weeks I'm having a 4WDing weekend at a 4WD park (Landcruiser Mountain Park near Jimna) which is having a massive Offroading Expo - displays, racing etc. One of the guys coming is bringing his new GQ comp-truck style wagon, which is running an injected Chev 454 :eek:

vladut50
11th May 2011, 20:18
Hi! I am Vlad from Transilvania, Europe. I am a big fan of MotoGP and WSBK. I went 4 times to watch MotoGP live, twice at Brno and twice at Valencia. The experience was unique. I have Honda Hornet (599) made in 2000 and it is very pleasant to ride it.
Lately I have bee working a lot on my blog. Please visit and tel me what you think.
http://www.motoweblog.com

preidy15
6th September 2011, 22:42
Hi all, perhaps the newest to your community here - just found the forum after being starved of motogp info beyond what i get on limited tv here in the states. Phil Reidy, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, age 52 (AAAHHH?). In my blood since I worked the track in New Hampshire as a kid before they dug it up and turned it into a nascar oval (I died that day). Used to work for a bike shop that sponsored races and racers and rode the van to pick up downed riders after the races. Lots of dirt, heat and fuel - but it changed my life. Watched King Kenny playing the TZ750 for the crowd lap after lap once he was 1+ minute ahead, front and rear air on almost every segment when he was feeling frisky. Then I went to engineering school and realized how technically insane gp is. I tell my friends that dont ride (yes- I have them too) its half high-science and half no-fear top-gun rider reflexes, with a shot of pure insanity mixed in. Never let it go but now I need to fulfill some needs to see European gps. If anyone wants deets on Leguna Seca let me know. Planning tour for next year - starting with Catalunya I think. No ride now other than my buddy's Duc 1098 and his MV 312. Both a blast. What are friends for! Looking for intel on Catalunya so if any of you have gone there and have tidbits of wisdom on where to stay, etc please pm me. Cheers - Phil

NinjaMaster
11th September 2011, 12:26
Welcome to the forum Phil! :wave: Hope you enjoy it here. Seeing King Kenny dirt tracking must've been a real blast. A Eurpoean tour sounds like a really cool idea. I guess you're getting the feeling for Europe riding the Duc and the MV! Coupla beautiful bikes and if someone else can pay their bills it sounds like a pretty good deal! All the best.

NinjaMaster
27th April 2012, 10:11
Now uiggqhjnrf, I don't mean to call you a lier, but I don't think that post is about you at all.

sandokan
24th April 2013, 18:15
Hi all, greating from Czech Republic. I'm hobbyracer with STK1000 (Ducati 1198) and STK600 (Yamaha R6) classes. I'm courious of other racing communities in the world... ;-)

sandokan
24th April 2013, 18:53
I would like to add some pictures and videos, but I have less, than 15 posts... ;-)

sandokan
24th April 2013, 20:23
Done :-) Here is my onboard video with Ducati on MotoGP track Brno in Czech Republic : Radek Pr (http://www.onboard-video.com/en/Video/view/radek-prusa-ducati-1198s-brno/783/search) and here with Yamaha on the same track: Radek Pr (http://www.onboard-video.com/en/Video/view/radek-prusa-yamaha-yzf-r6-brno/784/search)

Majks21
14th May 2013, 19:12
Hi my name is Urban, im from Slovenia and in free time i am a timekeepr in omikron+. We are timekeeping rallys and I really enjoy it :)

Lucy
17th July 2013, 14:47
Hi there! :)
I need some opinions... Few days ago I finally get my driving license for motorbike. And now, I don't know if it's better to start driving on the roads or is it better to start on the race track?? Both interests me...

gasmonkey
18th July 2013, 01:24
hi all, name is Gerald. live 200 miles south of the duck commander warehouse in louisiana. im 43 and work as a technician at a Harley dealership. im a Christian, general bike nutter and proud dad to my 5 year old son. cheers

edgars944
23rd July 2013, 09:19
Edgars, Latvia, Motorsunsports facebook , motorsports events photo
I would like to add some pictures and videos, but I have less, than 15 posts :)

Lisa Statham
9th September 2013, 21:59
Hello, my name is Lisa, I'm from the UK. I love a variety of Motorsport including WRC, Rally, Enduro, Dirt bikes, F1 and just started to watch MotoGP. I'm also an illustrator, focusing on a variety of Extreme sports, including Motorsport :)

patnicholls
10th September 2013, 00:14
Welcome aboard, Lisa!

harsha
15th December 2013, 19:50
Who are the old timers who still frequent this place ?

patnicholls
17th December 2013, 12:38
Hey Harsha,

A few of us are still about, but things are pretty quiet!

How are you?

Pat

harsha
17th December 2013, 17:21
Hey Harsha,

A few of us are still about, but things are pretty quiet!

How are you?

Pat

yeah,doing fine. Sort of lurk around the chit-chat forum at times. But noticed that the forum (including f1) as such doesn't have the same discussions. Will try and be a bit more proactive here although mx311's gridgirls photos might be useful there.

Hows with you?

Mark14
1st February 2017, 09:08
Motorbiking on the ice in Finland (musicvideo).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMav-yT4UIA