PDA

View Full Version : In homage to Adrian J

Hazell B
27th March 2010, 13:40
Adrian J once drank mushroom soup to see if his pee would smell of mushrooms at the end of the day. It failed. But in the name of science and the J man himself, I am attempting another forum experiment :)

Will the eggs laid by chickens who ate beetroot have extra golden yolks?

I've given our 7 chickens some mash made of normal chicken food and strong beetroot juice. Tomorrow they are having chopped cooked beetroot. They get no artificial egg colourants and normally have pale yellow yolked eggs. They tend to lay three eggs each day between them (one's not pulling her weight at all) and I think it's two days from eating to laying.

So, what will monday and tuesday's eggs be like?
Normal.
Orange yolked.
Red yolked.
Blotchy.
Beetroot shaped mutants :p :

Your best guess, please :wave:
Gold star to the winners :)

markabilly
27th March 2010, 14:01
beetrooted

Eki
27th March 2010, 18:03
My bet: Your (Naburn's?) chickens will look like this:

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libraries/Pictures/NESGameCovers/Beetlejuice.jpg

Dave B
27th March 2010, 18:11
I once swallowed a small length (about 3mm) of tv coax cable to see how long it would take to... well, you know.

As far as I know it's still in there somewhere :erm:

Hazell B
27th March 2010, 19:12
My bet: Your (Naburn's?) chickens will look like this:

I'll make sure not to say his name three times, then :p :
Anyway they're more your SAS stylee chickens - ruthlessly fit and happiest when attacking. I'm worried if I trip over in their sight they'll eat me .... which is why I grossly overfeed them :D

Dave, try tying another cable to the coax one and pulling it through. It's how we've redone electrics in the house :eek:

27th March 2010, 22:12
I think the egg yolks will be pale yellow as usual but I'm guessing there will be splotchy red thingys on the ground. :eek:

Hazell B
30th March 2010, 18:57
chac wins :up:

Blotchy red chicken poop is a) a bit frightening to look at, b) a bugger to clean up and c) a bugger to clean up :mark:

But the yolks were a bit more golden we think.

Daniel
30th March 2010, 21:50
I once swallowed a small length (about 3mm) of tv coax cable to see how long it would take to... well, you know.

As far as I know it's still in there somewhere :erm:

Scary. I one swallowed a bit of a pen, not the cap or anything but the cap that's on the non-writey end of the pen. I didn't check whether it came out or not :mark: