PDA

View Full Version : Milka

Scotty G.
26th March 2010, 15:57
Seriously, why is she still out there?

8 seconds off the pace. Over 6 seconds behind the next slowest, at St. Pete.

First thing Randy Bernard needs to to do (since its obvious Barnhart won't) is get her off the track. Its embarrassing this woman is even allowed to "race".

There need to be standards for this series. She does not mean any of them, except one. Her checkbook.

And I don't want to hear about how nice she is and how good she is with fans and how her funding might be helping Coyne run Lloyd (even though I am sure, Alex is "helping" his own effort). This is supposed to be the top rung of motorsports. Major league racing. Duno doesn't belong in major league racing. Never has and never will. And everyone knows it.

At the least, get her off the road and street courses. Make Coyne put someone else in the car. Make it clear, that if he doesn't, the car is parked. Make it clear that if Milka wants to continue running (at Indy, for example), she needs to step out of the car at many other events. Her ability isn't up to snuff for a major league series. She has proven this.

They don't need her car anyway, for "car count".

champcarray
26th March 2010, 16:01
Does the IRL have a "+ x%" rule, where someone who fails to qualify within x% of pole is not allowed to race? Or is blackflagged for circling the track x% slower than the leader?

DanicaFan
26th March 2010, 16:06
Does the IRL have a "+ x%" rule, where someone who fails to qualify within x% of pole is not allowed to race? Or is blackflagged for circling the track x% slower than the leader?

They will blackflag her during the race if she is, and Im pretty confident she will, be so far off pace that she becomes a danger. I seen it done last year at Mid-Ohio.

TURN3
26th March 2010, 16:07
It is beyond ridiculous. I don't remember her being this slow when she first started out in Indycar. I know she's always been slow, don't misread me, but last year and this year it seems to be even worse. To be that slow you literrally have to be not trying. The pace laps aren't much slower than she is running.

dataman1
26th March 2010, 16:11

Wouldn't be nice to see the rule book on-line for questions like this?

DanicaFan
26th March 2010, 16:15
The Rule Book I have states..

Section 6.7

The senior official may establish a maximum lap time (minimum average speed) standard which a car must achieve during a practice session in order to participate in any qualification activities and/or during a completed qualification attempt in order to be included in the starting field. In general, the standard will be announced to all competitors prior to the start of the first practice session and will not be raised after practice sessions have begun. However, IRL, in its discretion may delay announcement of the standard until a later time based on track conditions,safety, and other considerations.

Easy Drifter
26th March 2010, 16:29
Unless she really picks up the pace (doubtful) and she does start I expect the car will have either handling or brake problems just before she gets lapped.
That way everybody saves face.

DanicaFan
26th March 2010, 16:42
Unless she really picks up the pace (doubtful) and she does start I expect the car will have either handling or brake problems just before she gets lapped.
That way everybody saves face.

With her in the car, the car will always have handling problems because she cant handle it... :D

Dr. Krogshöj
26th March 2010, 17:47
What I don't get is what's in it for CITGO?

And, while we're here, why does Viso's car carry the PDVSA logo instead of CITGO? Surely exposure for PDVSA is meaningless in the United States.

anthonyvop
26th March 2010, 19:13
What I don't get is what's in it for CITGO?
Exposure. Even though Citgo is owned by PDVSA it is still technically a US company with their Corporate office in Houston Tx. They have 100's of stations. They are advertising their product like Sunoco and Mobil.

And, while we're here, why does Viso's car carry the PDVSA logo instead of CITGO? Surely exposure for PDVSA is meaningless in the United States.
Like any other international company advertising their product. Brazil Promotes their Ethanol in the ICS but you can't buy it here.

Of course PDVSA has political overtones and their sponsorship is part of the Chavez Government's attempt at improving their image in the states....It ain't working.

SoCalPVguy
26th March 2010, 21:24

Because she brings a boat load of that communist, anti-Americans media controlling, sean penn loving (that there is bad enough) dictator Hugo Chavez's nationalized oil money and the that team should be boycotted by all Americans who believe in human rights around the world.

SoCalPVguy
26th March 2010, 21:26
Exposure. Even though Citgo is owned by PDVSA it is still technically a US company

Sorry buddy YOU ARE WRONG. Citgo is a wholly owned nationalized oil company controlled by human rights violator and USA hater dictator Hugo Chavez. They try to fool people like you by have a spin off subsidiary in the USA but don't be sucked in. Chavez and Citgo represent the evil on our planet.

ykiki
26th March 2010, 22:23
Because she brings a boat load of that communist, anti-Americans media controlling, sean penn loving (that there is bad enough) dictator Hugo Chavez's nationalized oil money and the that team should be boycotted by all Americans who believe in human rights around the world.

The same CITGO that's sold by Andretti's sponsor 7-11?

gofastandwynn
26th March 2010, 23:32
The same CITGO that's sold by Andretti's sponsor 7-11?

No, 7-Eleven said they were not going to be distributing Citgo back in 2006, and has been phased out since then...

call_me_andrew
27th March 2010, 03:42
Milka is racing because everytime someone tries to fire her, she flips out and screams at them.

Scotty G.
27th March 2010, 04:40
It is beyond ridiculous. I don't remember her being this slow when she first started out in Indycar. I know she's always been slow, don't misread me, but last year and this year it seems to be even worse. To be that slow you literrally have to be not trying. The pace laps aren't much slower than she is running.

I don't think she ran any road/street courses in her first year in the IRL.

Sarah Fisher, who admittedly, is a road racing novice, and hasn't been on a road course in 2 or 3 years, was "only" 3 or 4 seconds off the pace at Barber. With a team that had never been on a road course before.

Sarah would still be way ahead of Milka though. And Milka has been road racing most of her racing life (insert joke here). Sarah was never this bad, back in 2007, when she ran full-time. It would be hard for anyone to be this bad.

Sarah was wise enough though, to put a more seasoned driver in her car and will reap the benefits the next 2 races for both her team and her sponsor. Graham will likely help the team in many ways and likely give it some momentum when Sarah and Jay do their schedules the rest of the season.

Meanwhile, Milka is still out there, playing race driver.

The plug should have been pulled last year. She has had 4 years now in this series, to show she belongs. She has been given chances, with different teams. Many more chances then most would have gotten. She isn't getting better. She might be getting worse.

Lloyd is pretty competitive this weekend. So the team is still capable.

What Bernard or Barnhart or somebody should do, is say after this weekend, that Milka will NOT be allowed to be this bad/off-the-pace again. Ever. If she shows up at Barber and is over 4 seconds off the next slowest, she is done. No questions asked. This would be the perfect opportunity for the league to put one of those unemployed American drivers into that car (and if they have to pay Coyne to do it, then do it) on the road/street circuits at the least. Take the Citgo stickers off the car if you have to. Hell, put a Versus logo on the car and give them a little bump for the trouble.

I would guess, that a John Edwards or a Robbie Pecorari (is he still racing anywhere?) or a Daniel Herrington, would jump at this opportunity. And guaranteed they wouldn't be 8 seconds from the top.

Mark in Oshawa
27th March 2010, 11:58
There are many people who could be faster than Milka, but alas, she is paying the bills for that car to run, so Coyne wont be the guy to make the call to put her on the wall.

The sad reality of it is, Chavez's little minions with Citgo keep insisting on funding this charade. I of the opinion it proves once again the idiocy of people involved in racing with no clue, but they can play. Just if she doesn't pick up the pace, then the IRL has to ask her to sit down. Personally, I think with 24 cars now funded for the rest of the series, They don't need this one that bad. Pulling her off the track would send the message to Dale Coyne that it is time to find someone more credible and find funding where you can, because this freak show is OVER.

disko
27th March 2010, 14:26
So, they park Marty Roth and let Milka run........

whos the better, or should I say, whos the worse?

Mark in Oshawa
27th March 2010, 16:02
Marty pretty much parked himself. Unlike Milka, Mr. Roth I think knew his limitations...

GRW1983
27th March 2010, 18:44
Nearly 8 seconds off the pace in practice 1, just over 6.5 seconds off the pace in practice 2 and you'd think in practice 3 she'd make another small step forward, but OH NO she's 8 seconds off the pace again. Dale Coyne must be REALLY, REALLY DESPERATE for cash. At that rate, if it takes about 1m02, 1m03 to do a lap she's gonna be lapped every 8 bloody laps. Mobile chicane doesn't even come close. If she qualifies more than 5.5 seconds off the pace, I wouldn't let her race.

In fact, you could put Sarah Fisher in that car and I doubt she would be that far off the pace. She might have a pretty face, she might have wads of cash, but she has got to be the worst road/street course driver in IRL history. The only slight saving grace is that she isn't as slow on ovals which is bizarre given that she came from a road racing background before she came to the IRL. I would love to see a full onboard lap of Milka to see what the hell she's doing. The worst thing is that Brazil, St.Petersburg, Barber and Long Beach are tracks that she has never driven before as well as Toronto and Edmonton later in the season. What I want to know is when the hell is her intensive road course testing programme taking shape because getting her up to speed was the priority, but we've seen bugger all evidence of that so far!!! Hopefully, she'll stuff it in the wall on Lap 1 and make things easier for everyone else.

NickFalzone
27th March 2010, 19:02
Funny to hear Scott Goodyear say during practice 3: "She's not driving the car correctly." Always count on Scott to state the obvious.

GRW1983
27th March 2010, 19:25
Just the 6.9secs off the pace in qualifying, she's improving!!! :D

nigelred5
28th March 2010, 19:53
There are many people who could be faster than Milka, but alas, she is paying the bills for that car to run, so Coyne wont be the guy to make the call to put her on the wall.

The sad reality of it is, Chavez's little minions with Citgo keep insisting on funding this charade. I of the opinion it proves once again the idiocy of people involved in racing with no clue, but they can play. Just if she doesn't pick up the pace, then the IRL has to ask her to sit down. Personally, I think with 24 cars now funded for the rest of the series, They don't need this one that bad. Pulling her off the track would send the message to Dale Coyne that it is time to find someone more credible and find funding where you can, because this freak show is OVER.

Isn't her husband the one that calls the shots for PDVSA? IIRC He's at the very pointy end of the PDVSA heirarchy and basically tells CITGO they will be sponsoring her since PDVSA operates in the US as Citgo.

nigelred5
28th March 2010, 20:28
No, 7-Eleven said they were not going to be distributing Citgo back in 2006, and has been phased out since then...
7-11 isn't an American company anylonger either for that matter. IIRC, Honda helped arrrange the 7-11 sponsorship for AGR through their Japanese ownership when they were the defacto Honda factory team in the IRL. The 7-11 contract with Citgo was ending anyway. Chavez's mouth simply accelerated the time frame to eliminate the Citgo branding from 7-11 stores. I wouldn't take free gas from Citgo.

Mark in Oshawa
28th March 2010, 22:33
Isn't her husband the one that calls the shots for PDVSA? IIRC He's at the very pointy end of the PDVSA heirarchy and basically tells CITGO they will be sponsoring her since PDVSA operates in the US as Citgo.

yes...and that is why no one will ever give Duno any credibility, even if she did find away to gain 5 seconds on the field.

This is the ultimate ride buy. Funny, I thought Chavez was for the common man, and all that. You know, the rich are corrupt and must be kept in check by the state. Here is the state sponsoring a racing driver...and a BAD one at that.

CITGO has no credibility in the US marketplace now...and stuff like this doesn't help it.

call_me_andrew
29th March 2010, 05:44
Milka Duno is like jazz. You need to watch the laps she doesn't run.

GRW1983
29th March 2010, 10:43
Now that the race in taking place monday morning, someone tell Milka Duno that she's on the school run, she'll easily find the 8secs a lap she needs!!! :D

Josh1985
29th March 2010, 15:33
....and she just spun on the pace lap. :rolleyes:

I love Goodyear:

"She has got the award this weekend for spinning in just about every session we have had."

DBell
30th March 2010, 00:04
Funny to hear Scott Goodyear say during practice 3: "She's not driving the car correctly." Always count on Scott to state the obvious.

Lol True, but at least he didn't launch into his tutorial about marbles as he usually does at least once a race. That other guy (Marty Reid?) is atrocious. His grammar is terrible and he constantly fumbles over his own sentences. How did he ever get a job as any kind of announcer? Really made me yearn for the versus crew.

NickFalzone
30th March 2010, 01:36
Lol True, but at least he didn't launch into his tutorial about marbles as he usually does at least once a race. That other guy (Marty Reid?) is atrocious. His grammar is terrible and he constantly fumbles over his own sentences. How did he ever get a job as any kind of announcer? Really made me yearn for the versus crew.

Nothing against Bob or Marty. Bob seems to genuinely like IndyCar which I appreciate. But they both fumble more than a drunk 3rd string JV quarterback. Occasionally each of them will hit a sentence or two out of the park, in great radio broadcaster fashion. But in between those winners, it's a lot of mispronunciations, wrong driver names, incorrectly calling the action, etc. It is amazing how they are/were both premiere racing announcers both for IndyCar and NASCAR. I know it's live, but they're hitting the mulligan constantly.

ChicagocrewIRL
30th March 2010, 02:51
On her Wikipedia page, I keep adding to every paragraph.."She is the slowest driver in IndyCar history" but they keep changing it back. I will persevere though in making the truth known. :)

hondacom
30th March 2010, 04:54

8 seconds off the pace. Over 6 seconds behind the next slowest, at St. Pete.

First thing Randy Bernard needs to to do (since its obvious Barnhart won't) is get her off the track. Its embarrassing this woman is even allowed to "race".

There need to be standards for this series. She does not mean any of them, except one. Her checkbook.

And I don't want to hear about how nice she is and how good she is with fans and how her funding might be helping Coyne run Lloyd (even though I am sure, Alex is "helping" his own effort). This is supposed to be the top rung of motorsports. Major league racing. Duno doesn't belong in major league racing. Never has and never will. And everyone knows it.

At the least, get her off the road and street courses. Make Coyne put someone else in the car. Make it clear, that if he doesn't, the car is parked. Make it clear that if Milka wants to continue running (at Indy, for example), she needs to step out of the car at many other events. Her ability isn't up to snuff for a major league series. She has proven this.

They don't need her car anyway, for "car count".

She has the body and the money. Major assets in these hard times.

call_me_andrew
30th March 2010, 06:14
On her Wikipedia page, I keep adding to every paragraph.."She is the slowest driver in IndyCar history" but they keep changing it back. I will persevere though in making the truth known. :)

Here's what we'll do: You write a blog in which you prove through empirical data that she is the slowest driver in IndyCar history, and I will add it to her entry naming your blog as a source.

I may need to insert a few smaller changes in the same edit to throw off the scent, but it can be done.

Jag_Warrior
2nd April 2010, 17:39

Heck, those are good assets to have anytime.

Which reminds me, if I ever see her again, I need to take my copy of MPH magazine along, that she posed in, so she can autograph it for me. :p

Mark in Oshawa
6th April 2010, 23:58

Great, let her hold an umbrella in the pit popsy parade and entertain clients in a private box. She hasn't the talent of a racing driver at this level.

ChicagoIRL man has it right. Wiki should be leaving his post in, it is the truth.

bblocker68
7th April 2010, 16:43
I think she'd make a great car owner. Viso could be her driver and make Hugo happy.

As for her on the track??..............re-name her Milka-duds.

Chris R
7th April 2010, 18:02
For what it is worth, I just did a quick search for Milka Duno photos - everybody says how attractive she is but I only recall seeing her in a driving suit as any normal race driver would be... Unlike a search for Danica which yields a ton of scantily clothed pictures of questionable taste, a search for Milka Duno provides mostly pictures of a race car driver and a couple of "normal" photos in street clothes... I will not dispute that she is not talented enough to be in the IRL - however, she seems to be presenting herself as a race car driver - not a sex object.... I have to say I commend her for that and I hope other female drivers take note....

anthonyvop
7th April 2010, 18:48

Milka isn't married. She does have a boy friend who isn't Venezuelan.

Mark in Oshawa
8th April 2010, 01:31
For what it is worth, I just did a quick search for Milka Duno photos - everybody says how attractive she is but I only recall seeing her in a driving suit as any normal race driver would be... Unlike a search for Danica which yields a ton of scantily clothed pictures of questionable taste, a search for Milka Duno provides mostly pictures of a race car driver and a couple of "normal" photos in street clothes... I will not dispute that she is not talented enough to be in the IRL - however, she seems to be presenting herself as a race car driver - not a sex object.... I have to say I commend her for that and I hope other female drivers take note....

On this point, you are correct. Milka has ummmm assets that would want the male in me to see a picture of her in a bikini, but she at least has the class to try and be taken seriously as a race driver, even when her obvious lack of talent would indicate otherwise...

slorydn1
8th April 2010, 02:32
Look, we all know what the deal is with Milka, ok? This is the good old US of A, land of the free, home of the lawsuit.

If IndyCar as a sanctioning body went to the car owner and told him they aren't going to let her race anymore because she is too slow she would have them in federal court facing a Title IX lawsuit faster than you can say Indy 500....

She is a female, and therefore has her own set of rules to play by, the US Court of Appeals has upheld almost every decision that was found of the side of the female plaintiff by the lower courts (admittedly just about every Title IX case had to do with collegiate sports)....

Nope, it's going to have to be the car owner to grow a set and say "we have decided to go in a different direction".

At least then, if she sues, he can point to a large body of cases where male drivers in all forms of motorsport have been let go by their owners because of a lack of performance.

Of course, he won't do that unless someone comes along with some $$$$ to put another butt in that seat, and it doesn't look like those $$$$ are around right now.

slorydn1
8th April 2010, 02:34
On this point, you are correct. Milka has ummmm assets that would want the male in me to see a picture of her in a bikini, but she at least has the class to try and be taken seriously as a race driver, even when her obvious lack of talent would indicate otherwise...

:up: amen to that, on both counts

Mark in Oshawa
8th April 2010, 05:40
Look, we all know what the deal is with Milka, ok? This is the good old US of A, land of the free, home of the lawsuit.

If IndyCar as a sanctioning body went to the car owner and told him they aren't going to let her race anymore because she is too slow she would have them in federal court facing a Title IX lawsuit faster than you can say Indy 500....

She is a female, and therefore has her own set of rules to play by, the US Court of Appeals has upheld almost every decision that was found of the side of the female plaintiff by the lower courts (admittedly just about every Title IX case had to do with collegiate sports)....

Nope, it's going to have to be the car owner to grow a set and say "we have decided to go in a different direction".

At least then, if she sues, he can point to a large body of cases where male drivers in all forms of motorsport have been let go by their owners because of a lack of performance.

Of course, he won't do that unless someone comes along with some $$$$ to put another butt in that seat, and it doesn't look like those $$$$ are around right now.

You have that all in a nutshell. As long as people out there who need her dough, she will have a ride. The IRL has to be REAL careful "banning" her, although based on performance and safety, I would love to see a judge say to the IRL they are wrong. It would be wrong of a judge to get all Title IX on the IRL in that situation.

By the way..congrats on making Moddy...I just noticed that...

slorydn1
8th April 2010, 05:56
By the way..congrats on making Moddy...I just noticed that...

Thanks....someone has bumped their head, that's for sure.......I'm just trying to figure out if was me, or Mark

Mark in Oshawa
8th April 2010, 05:58
Thanks....someone has bumped their head, that's for sure.......I'm just trying to figure out if was me, or Mark

You said yes you doofus....if you had said no, I would shudder to think if he asked me if I would be dumb enough to say yes.. probably...lol

slorydn1
8th April 2010, 06:07
You said yes you doofus....if you had said no, I would shudder to think if he asked me if I would be dumb enough to say yes.. probably...lol

How did you know what my wife calls me?????? :p :

AHEM....UMMMMM....Back on topic....Milka would look sa-weet in one of those bikini's! :s mokin:

Bullet
12th April 2010, 21:56

The "free" market does not care how much blood is on the money, or where it comes from. Capitalism has never given a second thought to human rights unless it was how to circumvent them. She drives because she has money. Her being on the track is capitalism at work.

Mark in Oshawa
12th April 2010, 22:16
The "free" market does not care how much blood is on the money, or where it comes from. Capitalism has never given a second thought to human rights unless it was how to circumvent them. She drives because she has money. Her being on the track is capitalism at work.

As bad as Hugo is, I wouldn't consider it blood money. I would consider it money I wouldn't take I am sure....

That said, capitalism is populated by people. People with ethics don't take blood money, others do. It isn't the system, it is the people in it...and the last time I looked, capitalism has more ethical people than the communist system....

harvick#1
12th April 2010, 22:19

the ban hammer would fall fast on me then :p :

Bullet
12th April 2010, 22:51
As bad as Hugo is, I wouldn't consider it blood money. I would consider it money I wouldn't take I am sure....

That said, capitalism is populated by people. People with ethics don't take blood money, others do. It isn't the system, it is the people in it...and the last time I looked, capitalism has more ethical people than the communist system....

I don't condone, or support communism but I believe that people are people, regardless of what system they live under. I don't believe those living in communist countries are any less ethical than those living in a system where the profit motive is primary. Every system has people who are trying to do "the right thing" and sharks who are out for their own good. My original point was not to blame those taking the communist money, or spending it. I think it's disingenuous to point a finger at Milka's source of money from righteous podium. Our system has it's own failings. We are all engaged in system so embedded with the need and transfer of money that it does not matter where it comes from. We accept it, and trade it for own betterment. Not because we are bad people, but because we live within the rules set out for us. We buy clothes from countries that exploit labour and pollute the local environments. We buy softdrinks from companies that pour waste into the local rivers and so on.

But anyway... sorry to hijack the thread. A little heavy maybe for this forum. :D

Civic
17th April 2010, 11:50
Went to Friday practice at Long Beach today. It was easy to see which was the slowest car today, even without a stopwatch. Helio almost ran into the back of her at turn 8 during the second session.

Civic
17th April 2010, 11:51
She also spun out before turn 8 right in front of California Pizza Kitchen on Pine Ave on her outlap at the beginning of Friday's second session.

NickFalzone
17th April 2010, 18:19
As I've mentioned before, I was at the Glen last year, and it was very clear which car was slowest on the track. By far. It was like watching race cars vs a regular street car going down into turn 1. Very very hesitant, and was not accelerating or braking in near the same spots as everyone else. It's hard for me to imagine why this car is allowed to be part of the races week in/week out, it's not even in the same league as the others. If they were simply start & park, as seems to be happening more often in NASCAR, then that's one thing. But last week they were still "racing" at the drop of the checkered. Is it just a moving chicane that the league is OK with? Maybe she adds drama to passing?

Nikki Katz
17th April 2010, 21:13
Wow. In the last session she was over 11 seconds off the pace, 9 seconds off Viso in 24th. 116.0% of the fastest lap. Did she have an issue or is that really her pace around here?

Someone bring in a 107% rule, she's not safe!

UltimateDanGTR
17th April 2010, 21:20
ah, Milka Duno....

...shades of Giovanni Lavaggi.....

I'd like to be informed of anyone here on the forum who thinks they could give her a good race, It would be fun to watch.

nigelred5
17th April 2010, 22:14

http://www.dbcustoms.com/Milka23white.jpg

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/milka4_f.jpg

http://www.girl-racers.com/media/press_items/milka_duno3.jpg

Those are about as close as you get. There were more of her in the black bathing suit I can't find. She is allegedly an intelligent woman, and she is also significantly older than the Danica, so i think she's a little past the posing in bikini's stage of her life.

Title IX has noting to do with professional sports. Title IX is totally about discrimination in educational related activities receiving federal funding. Banning her from the track would have ZERO to do with her gender. Her being ON the track currently has EVERYTHING to do with her gender. If I was 11 seconds off the pace, I would have been parked long ago.

ChicagocrewIRL
17th April 2010, 23:23
Can we start a grass roots "PARK MILKA FOREVER" Tea Party ???

She is an embarrasment. IndyCar can't be considered top level as long as she is allowed to drive.

Scotty G.
18th April 2010, 01:26
She is an embarrasment. IndyCar can't be considered top level as long as she is allowed to drive.

You are correct.

If the league could park Marty Roth and Doctor Jack Miller (and they did park both of them) then Milka should be an easy call. She is worse then both of them.

Simple solution to this....take her license and pay to put Ana Beatriz in the car on the road/street courses for the rest of the season. Coyne isn't using much of Milka's money to fund Lloyd's car anyway. The league keeps a woman in the car and they put Milka on the sidelines at some tracks. Her leash is short for oval racing too. Maybe after Indy, she gets the hint and takes a hike on her own.

Today had to be the last straw for future road/street races. She was on about her 8th and a half life anyway.

NickFalzone
18th April 2010, 03:06
Not to give Milka any credit here, but since you just pointed out Alex Lloyd, I suppose it's worth mentioning that he's been running in the back also. So the cars Coyne is putting out may simply be some of the slowest on the track. That said, Alex is running in the back, but within a second or two of the leaders... obviously there's a noteworthy difference between running 23rd and 2 secs off the pace, and 25th and 11 secs off the pace.

Mark in Oshawa
19th April 2010, 18:53
I keep thinking the same as you Nige. The IRL is being overtly sensitive to the gender thing...

nigelred5
20th April 2010, 01:02
I have no problem with women driving in the series. Slow drivers that are a hazard to everyone on the track should not be out there, regardles of gender.

SUBARUTEAM
20th April 2010, 01:22
why i agree with everyone here - there is one positive that can not be ignored. her money is keeping at least 6 american's in a job.

other then that, she is a waste of space

jackmart
20th April 2010, 02:23
so were her laps at LBGP really that much slower in the race than they were in practice bc it seem to be listening to the announcers they made her park it

Mark in Oshawa
20th April 2010, 18:30
why i agree with everyone here - there is one positive that can not be ignored. her money is keeping at least 6 american's in a job.

other then that, she is a waste of space

I think those 6 have a good life too. You know Milka wont go fast enough to tear anything up....

EagleEye
20th April 2010, 20:47
I think those 6 have a good life too. You know Milka wont go fast enough to tear anything up....

I think that all TV and track announcers should just not mention her, her car, her sponsor. No coverage at all, and not table for autographs.

And she needs to get kicked out of my favorite sushi joint in Indy (Sakura) next time she shows up!

Mark in Oshawa
20th April 2010, 21:52
I think that all TV and track announcers should just not mention her, her car, her sponsor. No coverage at all, and not table for autographs.

And she needs to get kicked out of my favorite sushi joint in Indy (Sakura) next time she shows up!

Now that is harsh Eagle...

I don't knock Milka. She is living the dream...just her driving isn't up to the level of where her money has taken her. I am not going to kick out of a Sushi joint, and the last I looked, the VS coverage barely mentioned her at all...

Easy Drifter
21st April 2010, 01:12
She is living a dream but I really cannot understand how someone that far off the pace is not totally embarassed and ready to pack it in.
Out of the 4 races this year has she not been 'parked' in 3 of them and should have been in the other.
I do expect her to a little closer in the ovals in qualifying but her race pace normally does not approach her qualifying speed.
I doubt she will qualify at Indy but if she does they will probably have to park her again within a few laps.
Even Marty and Dr. Jack were not this bad.

Civic
21st April 2010, 10:46
At least she's using her position as a race car driver to reach out to kids in order to stress the importance of education. I did not know that Milka has 4 master's degrees!

racefanfromnj
21st April 2010, 23:49
i for one am glad that she has those 4 degrees at least when she finally gives up playing race car driver she can do something else

glauistean
22nd April 2010, 21:16
[quote="SUBARUTEAM"]why i agree with everyone here - there is one positive that can not be ignored. her money is keeping at least 6 american's in a job.

other then that, she is a waste of space[/quote

In fact it's more than that. I believe its 10. Great point though. Has there been as much crying and moaning about the wunderkind Patrick? But for a couple of errors she would have been behind Simona in every race.

Leave Milka alone. She is trying and has the guts to get into one of those things something I would not do.

nigelred5
22nd April 2010, 21:27
Now that is harsh Eagle...

I don't knock Milka. She is living the dream...just her driving isn't up to the level of where her money has taken her. I am not going to kick out of a Sushi joint, and the last I looked, the VS coverage barely mentioned her at all...

Yeah, and she drives like she's in the middle of a dream too... :yawn: