PDA

View Full Version : On tires

Magnus
28th February 2007, 19:18
I stumbled over some tire info, found it interesting(sic!), and as it maybe of interest for someone else on the forum aswell, here goes regarding BFG tires:
Snow/ice tires:
Each BFG snow/ice tire has 384 studs. Each stud is 20 mm. in total length with the part outside the rubber being 5,6,7 or 8 mm in length. The dimension, as you know I guess, is 145/80 R16
I know DC discussed parts omf millimetres regarding the studs, do not know why though...
A total of seven different types of tires are available throughout the 07-season. The MC tire is called g-Force Winter, while the S and No-tires are called g-Force Ice.(Now I suddenly understand why they call the scandinavian rallies sno rallies... :D )
For smooth tarmac BFG have the g-Force Profiler with three different rubbercompounds (soft to hard). The g-Force Profiler H is used for wet tarmac.
For rougher surfaces there is g-Force Gravel, Gravel H1 and Gravel H2.
The tires used in sweden was, in stead of mousse, built with a very stiff inner ring to support the tire in case of puncture.

With apologies for any mistakes from my side/

Magnus

jonas_mcrae
28th February 2007, 20:36
interesting... does pirelli has or had something similar_?

White Sauron
28th February 2007, 21:25
interesting... does pirelli has or had something similar_?

They do: http://www.pirellicompetizioni.com/en_41/products/catalogue_asphalt.jhtml

Suppose, actually almost the same range as Goodrich' just "Zero Nero" instead of "Gforce"