PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Silverstone?

christophulus
23rd March 2010, 15:21
Unfortunately I'm not, but for those of you with tickets, FOM are running a competition where two people will win access to the pit wall for the race:

Organisers said on Tuesday that anyone purchasing two or more tickets for the race before 30 April will enter a competition to win ticket upgrades to the Formula 1 Paddock and Paddock Club Hospitality, and will also join a team on the pit wall to experience the race atmosphere.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/82310

I assume ticket holders get entered automatically, so best of luck to anyone who's going..

I am evil Homer
23rd March 2010, 15:35
At current prices, no, as much as i'd love to. I'm not forking out a couple of hundred to line Bernie's pockets.

ArrowsFA1
23rd March 2010, 15:44
At current prices, no, as much as i'd love to. I'm not forking out a couple of hundred to line Bernie's pockets.
Indeed :eek: A quick look at the Silverstone website shows that tickets for Sunday are available "from £185.00", but what's left is nearer £220.00.

I am evil Homer
23rd March 2010, 16:01
And if you'd actually like some company on race day....or I can go on holiday and then watch it on TV via the BBC red button.

ArrowsFA1
23rd March 2010, 16:54
On the other hand, for £25 you could go to Brands Hatch on the 2nd May (https://tickets.motorsportvision.co.uk/calendar/race-event-details.asp?ProductID=3870) for the BTCC and see 10 races starting at 10am.

AndyL
23rd March 2010, 17:50
On the other hand, for £25 you could go to Brands Hatch on the 2nd May (https://tickets.motorsportvision.co.uk/calendar/race-event-details.asp?ProductID=3870) for the BTCC and see 10 races starting at 10am.

Yes good call :) Is the Silverstone F1 GP going to be 9 times more exciting than the BTCC? I doubt it!
I'd also recommend the British Superbike season opener at Brands over the Easter weekend, sure to draw a good crowd; and for historic F1 fans, the Masters Historic Festival and Historic Sports Car Club Superprix, in May and July respectively.
You could take the entire family to all of those for less than 1 ticket to the GP :rolleyes:

23rd March 2010, 19:14
Or just fly easy-jet to Bergamo (£30 return if you book early enough), B&B in Bergamo (£30), get the train to Milan (normally free because nobody checks your ticket...not that I'm condoning such behaviour, but even if somebody does it's about £7 for a ticket) then hop on the free train from Milan Central to Lesmos corner station and pay 40euro's for a general admission ticket.

That way you get a fly-away GP, at the classic Monza circuit, with the Tifosi and the atmosphere, plus your missus gets to (window) shop in Milan and you don't have to go anywhere near moronic Silverstone attendees into the bargain.

Powered by Cosworth
23rd March 2010, 19:31
I was looking to go Monza last year, for 100€ you got 3 days general admission and camping. I hate the ridiculous prices here.

BTCC is amazing value for money, i'll be at Rockingham in April!

Sonic
23rd March 2010, 20:10
Or just fly easy-jet to Bergamo (£30 return if you book early enough), B&B in Bergamo (£30), get the train to Milan (normally free because nobody checks your ticket...not that I'm condoning such behaviour, but even if somebody does it's about £7 for a ticket) then hop on the free train from Milan Central to Lesmos corner station and pay 40euro's for a general admission ticket.

That way you get a fly-away GP, at the classic Monza circuit, with the Tifosi and the atmosphere, plus your missus gets to (window) shop in Milan and you don't have to go anywhere near moronic Silverstone attendees into the bargain.

ahhh an excellent post ruined by the last sentence....... as always :(

23rd March 2010, 20:36
ahhh an excellent post ruined by the last sentence....... as always :(

I know the truth can hurt, but I've never understood how can a fact ruin a post.

Sonic
23rd March 2010, 21:16
I know the truth can hurt, but I've never understood how can a fact ruin a post.

We've had chats about this in the past so I shan't get into it again.

Peace and love :)

AndyL
23rd March 2010, 22:43
then hop on the free train from Milan Central to Lesmos corner station and pay 40euro's for a general admission ticket.

I was looking to go Monza last year, for 100€ you got 3 days general admission and camping.

:eek: €40, €100 for the whole weekend and camping... HOW is Silverstone so much more expensive? Do the owners of Monza have some dirt on Bernie, or are the BRDC secretly making a massive profit?

wedge
24th March 2010, 00:43
:eek: €40, €100 for the whole weekend and camping... HOW is Silverstone so much more expensive? Do the owners of Monza have some dirt on Bernie, or are the BRDC secretly making a massive profit?

The cynic in me says its the Ferrari love affair, but that's what happens when you want you want promoters/track owners get their money back and FOTA wanting more money too - the fans pay for it.