PDA

View Full Version : Drivers say they expect to move up

Valve Bounce
23rd March 2010, 08:18
The drivers who came in 5th to 8th at Bahrain say they expect to do better and move up the order at Albert Park.

OK! assuming that collectively they can move up the finish order, who will they displace? Now that is an interesting short term discussion, unless we consider move up the order means later in the year.

So who will be displaced? Vettel? I don't think so! Alonso? Well, St D considers this guy is the outstanding driver of the grid, so Fernando is not going to move down the order, is he? Massa? The guy actually qualified on the front row in Bahrain, so do we think he is going to drop below to 5th or lower? Or Hamilton? Now, how is he going to perform? seeing that his drive in Bahrain was not only mature and consistent and somewhat eclipsing his team mates, he did manage to step onto the podium for some silverware.

So who do you consider will move down the order for the likes of SchM, Webber, Bunsen or Rosberg? Interesting conundrum, ain't it?

F1boat
23rd March 2010, 09:47
In my opinion the top 4 drivers in Bahrain will likely remain top 4 in Oz. As much as I dislike the guy, I think that Vettel is fast enough to remain in top 4, actually, if the car is OK, he is a strong contender for victory and podium. The Ferrari boys are very solid and IMO will likely repeat a double podium finish and will fight for victory with Vettel. Hamilton is most vulnerable, as the McLaren seem slightly behind RBR and Ferrari. However, he is an outstanding driver and IMO can beat Webber, who will be the strongest contender for improving, given the blistering pace of the RBR.
I do think, however, that Webber and Button, who is also very good in Australia, can beat the Mercedes cars, which IMO are the weakest from the top 4 teams. And I hope that Michael will beat Nico Rosberg.

Mark
23rd March 2010, 12:37
It's a pity for me because Red Bull is so... meh.

I mean it's like Ferrari - boo hiss :mad:
McLaren - hooray! :bounce:
Red Bull - :mark:

Sonic
23rd March 2010, 13:13
I know what you mean about Red Bull, it should be an almost fairytale story. British team set up by 3 times WDC, get bought out by Ford and spends years being mismanaged and destroyed. Along comes a long term Motorsport and F1 sponsor to buy not just one, but two teams and in half a decade takes both to race winning status. They just don't stire the soul like Ferrari, McLaren etc....

F1boat
23rd March 2010, 16:21
I know what you mean about Red Bull, it should be an almost fairytale story. British team set up by 3 times WDC, get bought out by Ford and spends years being mismanaged and destroyed. Along comes a long term Motorsport and F1 sponsor to buy not just one, but two teams and in half a decade takes both to race winning status. They just don't stire the soul like Ferrari, McLaren etc....

Yes, that's the thing, they don't seem bada$$ to me. Just a kid with an energy drink car lol. Although if you can see it as a Renault-powered Newey car it sounds pretty ominous...

truefan72
23rd March 2010, 20:53
Although if you can see it as a Renault-powered Newey car it sounds pretty ominous...

yep